The Restless House Trilogy The Citz 15 April – 14 May, 2016
This Restless House Trilogy Offer
Buy tickets for all three plays for £30!
This Restless House is three plays presented over two performances.
Part 1 and Parts 2 & 3 as a double bill.
This Restless House
A co-production with the Citizens Theatre.
A new trilogy of plays by acclaimed writer Zinnie Harris, inspired by Aeschylus’ Greek tragedy The Oresteia. Dominic Hill directs the bloody saga of a family torn apart by a succession of murders and betrayals.
THIS RESTLESS HOUSE PART 1: AGAMEMNON’S RETURN
A father’s horrifying sacrifice of his daughter sets in motion a cycle of bloody revenge and counter-revenge. As his family rots from the inside as a result of his brutal act, the loyalties of his surviving children are tested to the extreme.
An equally fragmented society outwith the family home is hungry for justice, but is faced with a moral dilemma that tests the limits of a culture on the edge of revolution.
THIS RESTLESS HOUSE PART 2 and 3: THE BOUGH BREAKS and ELECTRA AND HER SHADOW
Electra’s father, brother and sister are all dead or missing, and her beloved mother is inert with grief. A familiar stranger opens her eyes to the truth behind her family’s past, forcing Electra to come face to face with their parents’ hideous flaws and driving her to an unthinkable act.
With a chain of reprisals to resolve, justice can no longer be found within a family’s feud. A fledgling society in a delicate democracy is tasked with finding righteousness in the tangle of criminal acts, questioning whether one life can ever be weighed against another.
This Restless House, based on the epic Greek trilogy The Oresteia, is a theatrical and accessible new way to delve in to an ancient drama that exposes the cracks in democracy and the fragility and evolution of a family’s bonds. A tragic saga that has survived two and a half thousand years is brought into sharp focus in a trilogy of new plays by Zinnie Harris.
Recommended for 16+
Scenes of violence, nudity and strong language
Watch all three plays over two evening performances or book the special ‘trilogy Saturdays’ where you can see all three plays in one day. Your Trilogy Ticket also includes a free talk between the two instalments. To attend this talk, please book your free ticket.
Trilogy promotional price available for Wed – Sat performances. Excludes previews and Tuesdays. Subject to availability. Not valid with any other offers/concessions.
A co-production with National Theatre of Scotland
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree
- Mug GFT
- The Old Man and The Gun GFT
- Sorry To Bother You GFT