Renata Rosa, Cottiers
9 Aug 2018 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
A rare visit to the UK for this deeply expressive Brazilian singer- songwriter and her band. Renata plays the rabeca, a fiddle from Northeastern Brazil and northern Portugal, and calls it her ‘second voice’. With it she delves into polyphonic harmonies and unearths musical influences from many sources: European, African, Arab and indigenous Brazilian. Traditions and rhythms abound in a vibrant energetic performance. Nominated for Songlines Best Artist Award 2018, Renata’s joyful voice and masterful handling of the rabeca, accompanied by lively percussion make this a performance not to be missed!
With self-penned and traditional songs, Josie also performs as a soloist, self-accompanying on the clarsach (celtic harp). Her approach to song offers many nods to the traditional but always feels modern, with a voice which is somehow delicately soft and yet rich and powerful at the same time. Josie has toured extensively over the past year performing at venues and festivals across Europe, Scandinavia, Canada and America.
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
Please note, our box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
5 Hyndland St
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts