Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
Saturday, 6 April, 2019
The Rum Shack, 657 – 659 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2AB
Ras Digby, the Revival Champion, returns to the Rum Shack!
Bass Warrior are delighted to welcome Ras Digby back to Glasgow – if you missed him last time, don’t make the same mistake twice!
This will be a night of totally uplifting vibes with one of the worlds original and best sound system veterans. Total joy and dubplates you wont hear anywhere else!
As co founder of Sir Jessus Sound System, Ras Digby was instrumental in building one of West London’s leading sound systems known for their never ending supply of exclusive dubplates and top class selectors.
Sir Jessus forged strong links with Jamaican producers such as Blacka Morwell, Dudley Swaby, Channel One, and Bob Marley and the Wailers and set up their own Sir Jessus record label in 1974.
Ras Digby continues to tour extensively as a radio DJ and sound system selector promoting reggae music world wide “spreading the vibe and doing Jah work”.
£7.92 Tickets at EventBrite
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Seven Song Club, Lynnie Carson , Rebecca Jordan and Bearpit Brothers
- The Carlton 3, Peat Stew at The Shandon Belles The Buttery
- Jen Fairgrieve at Tchai Ovna House of Tea
- Songs in the South: David Starr, Martha L Healy and Al Shields
- St Louis Jam Sessions
- Dave Arcari and Sean Oliver, The Record Factory
- Jimmy Fast Keys – A Tribute
- Nick Harper: 58 Fordwych Road
- Lolita Jackson at The Blue Arrow
- Let Me Entertain You, Fundraiser Kilbryde Hospice
- Urban Voodoo Machine Cottiers
- Shamanic at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Martha L. Healy, Flew the Arrow, Rosie Bans Seven Song Club
- Spangled Cabaret at The Blue Arrow
- Linda Jaxson at Avant Garde
- Edwyn Collins at Monorail Music
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
- Love Music Hate Racism at The Blue Arrow