Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
Saturday, 6 April, 2019
The Rum Shack, 657 – 659 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2AB
Ras Digby, the Revival Champion, returns to the Rum Shack!
Bass Warrior are delighted to welcome Ras Digby back to Glasgow – if you missed him last time, don’t make the same mistake twice!
This will be a night of totally uplifting vibes with one of the worlds original and best sound system veterans. Total joy and dubplates you wont hear anywhere else!
As co founder of Sir Jessus Sound System, Ras Digby was instrumental in building one of West London’s leading sound systems known for their never ending supply of exclusive dubplates and top class selectors.
Sir Jessus forged strong links with Jamaican producers such as Blacka Morwell, Dudley Swaby, Channel One, and Bob Marley and the Wailers and set up their own Sir Jessus record label in 1974.
Ras Digby continues to tour extensively as a radio DJ and sound system selector promoting reggae music world wide “spreading the vibe and doing Jah work”.
£7.92 Tickets at EventBrite
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand