Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox, Project Cafe, 18 Feb, 2015
G.A.G V featuring Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox
At Project Cafe
18 February, 2015 at 6 p.m.
BYOB £3 per person.
An evening of art and sound!
The Glasgow Artist Guild is a platform for artists to lecture about their practice in an informal environment to like-minded people.
This month our guest lecturers will be Rae-Yen Song & Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound).
Rae-Yen Song graduated with a BA Honours in Sculpture and Environmental Art from the Glasgow School of Art. She is also a co-founder of the YAKA Collective which aims to connect emerging artists around Glasgow.
Rae-Yen’s work embodies grotesque forms, often humorous which at first glance can appear wonderfully absurd. Further investigations lead to a banal and curious conclusion, one that sits more firmly within the paradoxical nature of existence.
Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound) is a sonic artist based in Glasgow. Charlie recently completed an AC Project Music residency at the CCA.
Charlie creates emergent interactive systems that drive DIY modular synths and DSP processing to create immersive audio-visual installations and performances.
Speakers start at 18:15 get yourself down for some interesting banter. Bring your wine, don’t be late!
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch