Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox, Project Cafe, 18 Feb, 2015
G.A.G V featuring Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox
At Project Cafe
18 February, 2015 at 6 p.m.
BYOB £3 per person.
An evening of art and sound!
The Glasgow Artist Guild is a platform for artists to lecture about their practice in an informal environment to like-minded people.
This month our guest lecturers will be Rae-Yen Song & Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound).
Rae-Yen Song graduated with a BA Honours in Sculpture and Environmental Art from the Glasgow School of Art. She is also a co-founder of the YAKA Collective which aims to connect emerging artists around Glasgow.
Rae-Yen’s work embodies grotesque forms, often humorous which at first glance can appear wonderfully absurd. Further investigations lead to a banal and curious conclusion, one that sits more firmly within the paradoxical nature of existence.
Charlie Knox (Trudat Sound) is a sonic artist based in Glasgow. Charlie recently completed an AC Project Music residency at the CCA.
Charlie creates emergent interactive systems that drive DIY modular synths and DSP processing to create immersive audio-visual installations and performances.
Speakers start at 18:15 get yourself down for some interesting banter. Bring your wine, don’t be late!
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gig Guide
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow