Radical Film Festival, Southside United Film Club, Monday May 2, 2016 – Govanhill Baths
Radical Film Festival 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust, 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42 7RA
The Film Club is delighted to be hosting an event as part of the 2016 Radical Film Festival at our venue in the Govanhill Baths.
We will be hosting a programme of short films, exploring political and activist issues based largly around Glasgow and Scotland.
(1)Fridge (1995) Directed by Peter Mullin, which is set in the back yard of a Govanhill tenement.
(2)United WeWill Swim Agin (2015) Directed by Fran Higson, which is documentary about the grassroots community that sprung up in protest of Glasgow City Council’s decision to close our venue Govenhall Baths.
The programme is yet to be completed, but will be updated as soon as it is confirmed.
After the screening there will be a chance for a discussion. Refreshments available.
Doors at 7p.m, screening begins at 7:30. All welcome.
- Strangers on a Train, GFT
- Mary Shelley, GFT
- Arcadia, GFT
- Thoroughbred, GFT
- A Love That Never Dies with Q & A at GFT
- Cinemasters: Jacques Tati at GFT, Summer 2018
- Mean Girls, Burnt Church Film Club + Daniel Franzese in person for Q & A
- Whitney + Kevin Macdonald Q & A, GFT
- Bright Star, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Hereditary GFT
- The Swimmer, GFT
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Jaws, GFT
- Yellow Submarine, GFT
- In Bed With Madonna GFT
- Through Our Eyes screening and Q & A with Samir Mehanovic
- Ghostbusters, GFT
- That Summer, GFT
- Studio 54 GFT