Radical Film Festival, Southside United Film Club, Monday May 2, 2016 – Govanhill Baths
Radical Film Festival 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust, 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42 7RA
The Film Club is delighted to be hosting an event as part of the 2016 Radical Film Festival at our venue in the Govanhill Baths.
We will be hosting a programme of short films, exploring political and activist issues based largly around Glasgow and Scotland.
(1)Fridge (1995) Directed by Peter Mullin, which is set in the back yard of a Govanhill tenement.
(2)United WeWill Swim Agin (2015) Directed by Fran Higson, which is documentary about the grassroots community that sprung up in protest of Glasgow City Council’s decision to close our venue Govenhall Baths.
The programme is yet to be completed, but will be updated as soon as it is confirmed.
After the screening there will be a chance for a discussion. Refreshments available.
Doors at 7p.m, screening begins at 7:30. All welcome.
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT