Radical Film Festival, Southside United Film Club, Monday May 2, 2016 – Govanhill Baths
Radical Film Festival 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust, 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42 7RA
The Film Club is delighted to be hosting an event as part of the 2016 Radical Film Festival at our venue in the Govanhill Baths.
We will be hosting a programme of short films, exploring political and activist issues based largly around Glasgow and Scotland.
(1)Fridge (1995) Directed by Peter Mullin, which is set in the back yard of a Govanhill tenement.
(2)United WeWill Swim Agin (2015) Directed by Fran Higson, which is documentary about the grassroots community that sprung up in protest of Glasgow City Council’s decision to close our venue Govenhall Baths.
The programme is yet to be completed, but will be updated as soon as it is confirmed.
After the screening there will be a chance for a discussion. Refreshments available.
Doors at 7p.m, screening begins at 7:30. All welcome.
- Lucky, GFT
- American Animals, GFT
- Make Me Up at GFT
- First Reformed GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Vagabond GFT
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – 10th Anniversary
- Time for Ilhan, Glasgow Screening, CCA
- Never Goin’ Back, GFT
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- The Green Lie, CCA Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, GFT