Race for Life 2014 Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k, 4th May 2014
2014 Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k
Sign up now for the 2014 Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k and help the fight to beat cancer!
About 2014 Glasgow Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k
Ladies, it’s time to take the fight to cancer at Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life.
Let’s face it. Cancer doesn’t care who it affects. It can ruin everything without a second thought. It will affect one in three of us. But united we are stronger than cancer. We will beat it.
Cancer’s going down. And every single pound we raise pushes it closer to the floor.
That’s why we Race for Life. We take absolute delight in telling cancer that we’re coming to get it.
Show cancer who’s boss by taking on a 5k Race for Life event in Glasgow. Run, walk or dance your way through the course and help us say “cancer we’re coming to get you.”
The race starts on the Saltmarket, heading along the Trongate to proceed past the beautiful and iconic George Square before reaching the bustling City Centre of Glasgow’s style mile. Heading South you will cross Glasgow’s Albert Bridge before arriving at the heart of the city in Glasgow Green. The course itself is relatively flat in all areas and offers participants the opportunity to take in some of Glasgow’s beautiful architecture whilst soaking up the amazing atmosphere. The event offers a unique and memorable experience of the city on a Sunday morning.
The meeting point is Glasgow Green. Those planning on running the event (completing in under 35 minutes) are asked to make their way straight to the start line, on Greendyke Street. All other participants should make their way to the main stage enjoy the entertainment and await further instructions..
On the day
Don’t forget to bring your friends and family along to support you. They can stroll around the many stalls we’ll have on site, while waiting to cheer you through the finish.
- Curtain Set to Rise on Celtic Connections 2019
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Blueprint: Theorum CCA
- Fairytale Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair By Bohemia
- Big Fish the Musical
- From Scotland With Love, Film Screening, Maryhill Burgh Hall
- Cage-a-rama 2: Cage Uncaged, CCA
- John Martyn Remembrance Gig with Alan Murphy
- Love Music Hate Racism, The Arlington
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- Social Bite Help the Homeless this Christmas
- Festive Family Shindig, Fundraiser Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Christmas Caroling
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End