ProjectAbility – Put Your Sweet Lips a Little Closer to the Phone by Cameron Morgan, 21 – 25 February 2017
‘Put your sweet lips closer to the phone’
By Cameron Morgan
Exhibition Dates: 21 January – 25 February
Cameron Morgan’s latest creations come in the form of ceramic slip-cast telephones. Ranging from the ‘Candlestick’ telephones of the 1880’s to the ‘Brick’ mobile phone of the 1980’s, each piece is an edition of five and as with much of Morgan’s ceramic works, they are sized to be just larger than the real thing.
Following on from the success of Cameron Morgan’s ceramic pieces from Project Ability’s ‘Food To Go’ exhibition in 2015, and his enormously popular Glasgow International exhibition of paintings titled, ‘TV Classics Part 1’, this latest exhibition combines these two ideas into one new concept. Morgan has created a series of slip-cast ceramic phones which will highlight the grand evolution of one of human kind’s greatest inventions to date.
The Unlimited commission awarded to Cameron Morgan in 2015 has given him the time and financial support to create ‘TV Classic Part 1’ for Glasgow International (touring to Wales and London as well, as ‘Put your sweet lips closer to the phone’, which has already been part of the Tramway’s Unlimited Festival in 2016.
Cameron has been working as an artist with Project Ability since 1991 and in this time he has gone from strength to strength with his studio practice, exhibitions and commissions.
His first wide-reaching recognition came about in 2014 when he was selected as one of the 60 ‘Generation’ artists to represent ’25 Years of Contemporary Art in Scotland’. In May of 2016 this recognition was further enforced when Cameron was awarded a life time Fellowship to the RSA.
Special thanks to Alan McEwan for acting as mentor to Cameron during the making of this work.
Supported by Unlimited.
- Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5, Barrowland, After Party at the Art School
- Social Bite Help the Homeless this Christmas
- White Christmas, GFT
- Sorry To Bother You GFT
- Best Before Bed Silent Movies, Citizen M Glasgow
- Jingle All The Way, GFT
- Festive Family Shindig, Fundraiser Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Batman Returns Burnt Church Film Club
- The Muppet Christmas Carol, GFT
- Frozen Sing-a-long GFT
- Won’t You Be My Neighbour, GFT
- Home Alone GFT
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Nae Pasaran GFT
- Christmas Caroling
- Support Glasgow Film Theatre
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced