ProjectAbility – first instalment of Cats 16 Jul 2016 – 06 Aug 2016
Project Ability would like to welcome visitors to the 1st instalment of CATS, an exhibition inspired by all things feline related; big cats, fluffy cats, kittens, lions, tigers, leopards and more!
Dates: 16 Jul 2016 – 06 Aug 2016
Preview: Friday 15 July 4-6pm
Location: Project Ability Gallery, Trongate 103, G1 5HD
All of their artists across their Aspire, ReConnect and Create programmes have been given the opportunity to make work for this show, and the response has been truly amazing! The variety of interpretation has provided us with what they are sure will be a highlight of ProjectAbility’s exhibition calendar!
This open-call exhibition gives each artist the chance to work towards a selected theme, and be part of a large scale group exhibition. The result is a playful, adorable, and in some cases, ferocious showcase of artworks, both wall based and sculptural.
This theme was so popular among their artists that they have had to divide the work up over two exhibitions. The 2nd instalment will be up later in 2016.
In addition to the CATS exhibition in the Project Ability gallery, there is also cat related exhibition in Gallery II. This show exhibits the research and ideas that have gone into a CATS publication which was created during a series of Project Ability workshops led by Joanna Peace and Anthony Autumn.
In addition to all of the superb cat artworks in the main gallery that will be available for purchase, the CATS publication will also be for sale – while stocks last!
Preview of CATS on Friday 15 July 4 – 6pm. Reception on Thursday 4 August, 6 – 8pm.
The exhibition runs from 16 Jul 2016 – 06 Aug 2016
0141 552 2822
Gallery Opening Times
Tuesday to Saturday
10am to 5pm
- Iain’s Brushwork Brings Art to Life at Thistle Gallery
- Art for Sale at Project-Abilty
- Artists Exploring Outer Shapes…. Inner Spaces, Thistle Gallery
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017