Project Ability presents Penguins on Screen….. Preview 2 March, 6 – 8 pm Exhibition Dates: 3 March – 13 April, 2017
Project-Ability, 103 Trongate, G1 5HD
‘Penguins on Screen’ is a playful exhibition of new work by Ruth Mutch. The creativity that goes into each of these characters knows no bounds – the transformation of the adorable penguin into so many other personalities is one of Ruth’s many talents.
As an artist in our ReConnect studio for several years now, Ruth is on the autistic spectrum and raising awareness of autism is very important to her. She engages proactively with many groups related to autism; very often through her art and her penguins. She has made and illustrated several books, won awards for her artworks, and had her drawings used to illustrate an online e-learning course about autism. Ruth has a website and an Etsy page where she showcases and sells her work.
The body of work in this exhibition has been set against the back drop of the Hollywood screen. Using some of her favourite shows and films, Ruth has recreated the characters through the guise of the penguin. They are cute, loveable and quite recognisable as the actors they portray.
The artist will be exhibiting original drawings alongside prints, each work of art will be for sale. If you love the pictures, television and penguins, you will love Penguins on Screen!!
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend