Project Ability presents Penguins on Screen….. Preview 2 March, 6 – 8 pm Exhibition Dates: 3 March – 13 April, 2017
Project-Ability, 103 Trongate, G1 5HD
‘Penguins on Screen’ is a playful exhibition of new work by Ruth Mutch. The creativity that goes into each of these characters knows no bounds – the transformation of the adorable penguin into so many other personalities is one of Ruth’s many talents.
As an artist in our ReConnect studio for several years now, Ruth is on the autistic spectrum and raising awareness of autism is very important to her. She engages proactively with many groups related to autism; very often through her art and her penguins. She has made and illustrated several books, won awards for her artworks, and had her drawings used to illustrate an online e-learning course about autism. Ruth has a website and an Etsy page where she showcases and sells her work.
The body of work in this exhibition has been set against the back drop of the Hollywood screen. Using some of her favourite shows and films, Ruth has recreated the characters through the guise of the penguin. They are cute, loveable and quite recognisable as the actors they portray.
The artist will be exhibiting original drawings alongside prints, each work of art will be for sale. If you love the pictures, television and penguins, you will love Penguins on Screen!!
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School