Project Ability presents Penguins on Screen….. Preview 2 March, 6 – 8 pm Exhibition Dates: 3 March – 13 April, 2017
Project-Ability, 103 Trongate, G1 5HD
‘Penguins on Screen’ is a playful exhibition of new work by Ruth Mutch. The creativity that goes into each of these characters knows no bounds – the transformation of the adorable penguin into so many other personalities is one of Ruth’s many talents.
As an artist in our ReConnect studio for several years now, Ruth is on the autistic spectrum and raising awareness of autism is very important to her. She engages proactively with many groups related to autism; very often through her art and her penguins. She has made and illustrated several books, won awards for her artworks, and had her drawings used to illustrate an online e-learning course about autism. Ruth has a website and an Etsy page where she showcases and sells her work.
The body of work in this exhibition has been set against the back drop of the Hollywood screen. Using some of her favourite shows and films, Ruth has recreated the characters through the guise of the penguin. They are cute, loveable and quite recognisable as the actors they portray.
The artist will be exhibiting original drawings alongside prints, each work of art will be for sale. If you love the pictures, television and penguins, you will love Penguins on Screen!!
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017