Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
8 September, 2018
Pollokshaws Area Network are proud to once again host the annual Pollokshaws Community Carnival!
This year they’re at the Hub, 132 Shawbridge Street, Pollokshaws, Glasgow G41 1NP (just down from the library) and occupying the grounds round about for a whole host of fun activities!
** Lots of food!!
** Live music from local artists including Jordan Stewart Music, Andrea, Fnuf, Worth A Shott, Lily Ferguson music, Pollokshaws Community Choir and more!!
** Animal Man’s Mini Zoo!!
** The City of Play‘s Tinkertown Den Building!!
** Digging In‘s Flight Simulator!!
** Burrell Collection Artifacts Handling Kit
** Bounce Higher‘s Bouncy Castles!!
** Arts and Crafts Workshops including Rag & Bone Workshop woodwork, Matthew Donnelly Glassworks stained glass, Glasgow Southside Woodcraft Folk, Storytelling and more!!
** South West Community Cycles Dr. Bike and Play on Pedals!!
** Information and advice stalls from GHA – Glasgow Housing Association, Glasgow Disability Alliance, Living Rent Glasgow, Pollokshaws & Eastwood Community Council, Pollokshaws Bowling Club, Pollokshaws Burgh Hall, Pollokshaws Adult Literacy Numeracy Project, Auldhouse Community Church Food Bank, and many more!!
** Games and challenges
** Tea, Coffee and Cake!!
** Information from some of our groups including Pollokshaws Men’s Shed, and Pollokshaws Needlework Group!!
** Lots more TBC (if anyone is missing let us know!!)
The event is free but there will be a small charge for food and some of the games to raise funds for the Hub and its activities.
‘LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL ON SATURDAY 8th SEPTEMBER!!’
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- John Maclean Centenary March Glasgow
- Art Auction Fundraiser – Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Document Film Festival Glasgow 2018
- Chill Habibi! The Glad Cafe
- A Weakness for Raisins Ester Krumbachová exhibition CCA
- SQIFF 2018 Opening Night Shorts Glasgow Film Theatre
- CCA is having a party
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, Partick
- From Glasgow to Greece, Fundraiser
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival, CCA 2018