Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
8 September, 2018
Pollokshaws Area Network are proud to once again host the annual Pollokshaws Community Carnival!
This year they’re at the Hub, 132 Shawbridge Street, Pollokshaws, Glasgow G41 1NP (just down from the library) and occupying the grounds round about for a whole host of fun activities!
** Lots of food!!
** Live music from local artists including Jordan Stewart Music, Andrea, Fnuf, Worth A Shott, Lily Ferguson music, Pollokshaws Community Choir and more!!
** Animal Man’s Mini Zoo!!
** The City of Play‘s Tinkertown Den Building!!
** Digging In‘s Flight Simulator!!
** Burrell Collection Artifacts Handling Kit
** Bounce Higher‘s Bouncy Castles!!
** Arts and Crafts Workshops including Rag & Bone Workshop woodwork, Matthew Donnelly Glassworks stained glass, Glasgow Southside Woodcraft Folk, Storytelling and more!!
** South West Community Cycles Dr. Bike and Play on Pedals!!
** Information and advice stalls from GHA – Glasgow Housing Association, Glasgow Disability Alliance, Living Rent Glasgow, Pollokshaws & Eastwood Community Council, Pollokshaws Bowling Club, Pollokshaws Burgh Hall, Pollokshaws Adult Literacy Numeracy Project, Auldhouse Community Church Food Bank, and many more!!
** Games and challenges
** Tea, Coffee and Cake!!
** Information from some of our groups including Pollokshaws Men’s Shed, and Pollokshaws Needlework Group!!
** Lots more TBC (if anyone is missing let us know!!)
The event is free but there will be a small charge for food and some of the games to raise funds for the Hub and its activities.
‘LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL ON SATURDAY 8th SEPTEMBER!!’
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Nice Thursday Market, Merchants House, Glasgow
- Africa in Motion – I Still Hide To Smoke, GFT
- Calibre, GFT
- St Andrew’s Torch Light Parade Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Samhain Lantern Walk Glasgow
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- Decolonising the Speculative: Journeys to African Futures – Africa in Motion 2018
- Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow
- Annual Charities Xmas Fayre Glasgow
- Christmas Festival at Riverside Museum Glasgow
- Vintage Bus Fayre Glasgow
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal