Poetry and Film with Alastair Cook CCA 8th July 2014 – 7 p.m.
Poetry and Film with Alastair Cook
8th July 2014 – 7 p.m.
In this masterclass, lens-based artist Alastair Cook explores the intersection of poetry and film: the film-poem.
An established and award winning artist, Cook works with lens-based media focusing on large format film and antique photographic practice; he also works as a filmmaker using 8mm and 16mm film, combining these with digital technology to great effect. His work is mercurial, rooted in place and the intrinsic connections between people, land and sea. Cook is currently artist in residence for Absent Voices.
Ticket prices: £6, Concession £3
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason