Poet Nuar Alsadir, Creative Conversations
Monday 20 November, 2017
1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Nuar Alsadir is a poet, writer, and psychoanalyst
She is the author of the poetry collections Fourth Person Singular (2017), shortlisted for the 2017 Forward Prize for Best Collection; and More Shadow Than Bird (Salt Publishing, 2012).
Her poems and essays have appeared in numerous publications, including Granta, The New York Times Magazine, Slate, Grand Street, the Kenyon Review, Ploughshares, tender, Magma, Poetry London, and the Poetry Review.
Alsadir is on the faculty at New York University, and she works as a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst in a private practice in New York.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- My 20th Century Glasgow Film Theatre
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival