Poet Nuar Alsadir, Creative Conversations
Monday 20 November, 2017
1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Nuar Alsadir is a poet, writer, and psychoanalyst
She is the author of the poetry collections Fourth Person Singular (2017), shortlisted for the 2017 Forward Prize for Best Collection; and More Shadow Than Bird (Salt Publishing, 2012).
Her poems and essays have appeared in numerous publications, including Granta, The New York Times Magazine, Slate, Grand Street, the Kenyon Review, Ploughshares, tender, Magma, Poetry London, and the Poetry Review.
Alsadir is on the faculty at New York University, and she works as a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst in a private practice in New York.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Tricky Hat presents The Flames, CCA, Glasgow
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic Hits The Sticks
- Stuart David at Aye Write, 2018 review by Pat Byrne
- Creative Conversations Poet and Playwright Inua Ellams, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Stuart David, writer and musician at Aye Write 2018
- Leo Barasi, The Climate Majority, Aye Write 2018
- Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
- Owen Mullen, Claire MacLeary and Angus McAllister Criminal Beginnings at Aye Write
- The Books That Made Me, Adele Patrick, Glasgow Women’s Library at Aye Write 2018
- Michael Meighan, Aye Write 2018 – Glasgow in 50 Buildings
- Ash Dykes, Mission Impossible, Aye Write 2018
- Christopher Baker – Monarch of the Glen, Aye Write 2018
- Simon McDermott & Chris Wilson, The Songaminute Man, Aye Write 2018
- Chris Bryant, ‘Entitled’ at Aye Write 2018
- Aye Write 2018, Jon McGregor introduces…Chris Power & Chris McQueer
- Gail Honeyman and Sarah Winman Word of Mouth Best Sellers, Aye Write 2018
- Scottish Women Writers with Linda Jackson of University of Strathclyde Creative Writing
- Stuart David Peacock’s Alibi, Aye Write 2018
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018