A Play, A Pint and A Pint Miss Veitch’s Roses, OranMor Mon, 19 September, 2016 — Sat, 24 September, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 19 September, 2016 — Sat, 24 September, 2016
By Jane Livingstone | Directed By Ken Alexander
Featuring Paul James Corrigan, Angela Darcy and Jenny Lee.
Produced in association with Aberdeen Performing Arts.
At nearly 90 years of age, Miss Veitch’s mind is still sharp but she is confined to bed and entirely dependent on her day time carer. When increasing ill health sees a new carer brought in to look after her at night, the lives of all three are changed in ways that are as unexpected as they are profound.
Miss Veitch’s Roses explores the fine line between independence and isolation and the gap between the identities we share with others and who we really are.
Jane Livingstone’s diverse writing career ranges from winning a BAFTA Scotland New Talent Best Writer Award for her screenplay Roses of Picardy, to the success of her play about the history of her hometown, Thieves of Dunfermline. Her short story Roses and Dust was adapted as an award-winning animation and she has an established career as a copywriter. Jane also writes song lyrics and is co-publisher of the popular online magazine Avocado Sweet. Having originally graduated in Law, Jane has more recently gained a Masters in Creative Writing. She is married with three daughters.
08444 771 000
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Good Favour, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Closing Gala: Felipe Bustos Sierra’s Nae Pasaran
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2018 photographs and review by Pauline Keightley
- Generations Working Together, Conference, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Sound and Vision Strand, Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- The Valley of Shadows, GFT
- 4 at GFT
- Young Films Foundation, CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Catch Some Amazing Guests
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Dave Arcari, Hug and Pint, Glasgow Saturday 3 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Unexploded Ordnances, The Platform, Glasgow 26 May, 2018
- Fright Fest at Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- GFF 2018 Kinning Park Carnival: Bride and Prejudice, Kinning Park Complex
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018