A Play, A Pint and A Pint Miss Veitch’s Roses, OranMor Mon, 19 September, 2016 — Sat, 24 September, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 19 September, 2016 — Sat, 24 September, 2016
By Jane Livingstone | Directed By Ken Alexander
Featuring Paul James Corrigan, Angela Darcy and Jenny Lee.
Produced in association with Aberdeen Performing Arts.
At nearly 90 years of age, Miss Veitch’s mind is still sharp but she is confined to bed and entirely dependent on her day time carer. When increasing ill health sees a new carer brought in to look after her at night, the lives of all three are changed in ways that are as unexpected as they are profound.
Miss Veitch’s Roses explores the fine line between independence and isolation and the gap between the identities we share with others and who we really are.
Jane Livingstone’s diverse writing career ranges from winning a BAFTA Scotland New Talent Best Writer Award for her screenplay Roses of Picardy, to the success of her play about the history of her hometown, Thieves of Dunfermline. Her short story Roses and Dust was adapted as an award-winning animation and she has an established career as a copywriter. Jane also writes song lyrics and is co-publisher of the popular online magazine Avocado Sweet. Having originally graduated in Law, Jane has more recently gained a Masters in Creative Writing. She is married with three daughters.
08444 771 000
- Amelia White, Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
- Isla and Pickle: The Highland Show – Hillhead Library, West End Festival
- The Great Street Play and The Big Lunch, Queen Margaret Drive, West End Festival 2018
- Strangers on a Train, GFT
- Mary Shelley, GFT
- Arcadia, GFT
- Thoroughbred, GFT
- A Love That Never Dies with Q & A at GFT
- Cinemasters: Jacques Tati at GFT, Summer 2018
- Mean Girls, Burnt Church Film Club + Daniel Franzese in person for Q & A
- Whitney + Kevin Macdonald Q & A, GFT
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Bright Star, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Hereditary GFT
- Bard in the Botanics West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- CCA, Art School Fire – Events: new venues, postponements and cancellations.
- The Swimmer, GFT
- A Fair Tale about a Fairy Trade, Websters Theatre