A Play, A Pie and A Pint OranMor Breaking The Ice 26 September to 1 October, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Breaking The Ice
Mon, 26 September, 2016 — Sat, 01 October, 2016
By Kieran Lynn | Directed By Tony Cownie
Featuring Jimmy Chisholm, Steven McNicoll and Nicola Roy.
Presented in association with the Traverse Theatre.
The Arctic is in danger and the only thing that can save it is bureaucracy.
Frank Montgomery is the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Chief Scientific Advisor to the Arctic Council. He’s in Barrow, Alaska, at the biannual meeting of the Council in Barrow, Alaska to give the speech that will tilt the scales. The only problem is he has spilt yogurt on his suit, left his speech at the breakfast buffet and been kidnapped by militant activists. Can he make it to the back to the podium before it’s too late?
Kieran Lynn’s work for the stage includes Pushing Up Poppies (Theatre 503), The Recurring Rise and Fall (Hampstead Theatre), Bunnies (Bike Shed Theatre) and An Incident at the Border (Finborough Theatre and Trafalgar Studios). For Oran Mor he has written An Advert for the Army,The Last Dictator, Fishwrap and The Cameo co-written with DC Jackson.
08444 771 000
At the box office on the day
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT
- Anchor and Hope, GFT
- European Art Cinema Day, Dogman GFT
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance GFT
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith