Piping Live Glasgow 10 – 16 August, 2015
Piping Live Glasgow
10 – 16 August, 2015
Celebrate the international diversity of the bagpipes
Artists from all corners of the globe will showcase their traditions and musical heritage in the Glenfiddich Tent at George Square as part of our Music of the Nations series.
A range of events to entertain all the family.
On Thursday 13 August, you can see Balázs Istvánfi Duo from Hungary.
Bring your little ones along to our Early Years Morning in The National Piping Centre on Tuesday 11th August for a fun-filled journey through song, music, storytelling and dance! Sponsored by Balmore Kindergarten. Family Fun Day
Looking for something different to do with the kids before they go back to school next week? Come along to our Family Friendly Come and Try session to learn the basics of the bagpipes and have a go at playing them!
Our Street Café will host the Wallace Bagpipes Showcase at 2pm on Thursday 13th August, featuring the Balagan Pipe Band, a new Grade 2 Band from Denmark. Have a look and listen to the video below to see what’s in store! Live at the Street Cafe
All set for the most fiercely contested event of the piping competition season? We are, of course, talking about the Piping Live! Pub Quiz… Get your team together and join us in The National Piping Centre Auditorium at 4.30pm on Wednesday 12th August to put your piping knowledge to the test: Piping Live Quiz.
We’ve teamed up with Dry Drone to bring you this year’s Festival Club, featuring performances from some of the most exciting acts at this year’s Piping Live. Starting each week night at 10pm, our Festival Club (Upstairs in the Piping Centre) is the perfect place to meet up with old friends, so be sure to join us for great music, great company and great drinks!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival