Photo diary January 2014: Oran Mor, Edinburgh, Giraffes, Prestwick Airport, Gibson Street.
Some random photos that I’ve taken recently around the West End and further afield.
These striking metal Giraffes are in Edinburgh near the St James Shopping Centre. Every time I wandered past them I’ve thought – I should take a photo of those – and this time I did.
Above you can see Oran Mor looking very colourful, the Giraffes in Edinburgh, a photo of a big red boat I took that last time I had a meeting at the Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre in Edinburgh, a view of the arrival lounge at Prestwick Airport as I waited for Pat to arrive back from Ireland (unfortunately I was waiting at the wrong door), some tiles that fell off a building in Gibson Street that caused a small stir, a binned acoustic guitar and a couple of wintry West End street images.
This section: Jim's West End Photography Diary, Photography
- Celtic Connections, Sync of the Times review and photographs, Pauline Keightley
- A Wee Exhibition, Photography, Old Hairdressers
- Photography Gallery August 2018; Jim’s West End: Kelvinbridge, Clatty Pats, An Clachan Cafe, Euro 2018, Glasgow University
- Photo Gallery July 2018; Jim’s diary: Bowling, big boat, Euro 2018 Cycle Road Race, Glasgow University Ceiling Vault, Old Scottish Postbox, Unicorn
- Photography Gallery June 2018, Jim’s Diary: Glenlee Tall Ship, Francesca Waddell fashion illustrator, GFT Cosmo Cafe, Ruthven Lane, Wellington Church
- Jim’s Photo Diary December 2017: Stained Glass, Brel, Snow, Botanic Gardens, Winter Festival George Square, Big Wheel
- Jim’s Photo Diary November 2017: Graphic Designs, Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Great Western Road, Framed Prings
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Max Richter at Celtic Connections 2018 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Jim’s West End Photo Diary October 2017: Etsy shop designs, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow Art School, Flowers, Abstract designs
- Jim’s West End Photo Diary September 2017
- Bob Law’s photography: The Colours of Autumn in Scotland
- Jim’s Photo Diary August: Isle of Harris and Isle of Lewis Photo Gallery
- Jim’s West End Photo Gallery: Special Fine Art Edition
- Jim’s Photo Diary June 2017: West End Festival Gardens, Glasgow Arts School Degree Show
- Jim’s Photo Gallery March 2017: Glasgow University, Ayr beach, Lion and Unicorn Staircase, Park area
- Jim’s Photo Diary February 2017: The Beresford graphic, Great Western Road, Ten Writers Telling Lies Book and CD
- Mary Chapin Carpenter at Celtic Connections 2017 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- King Creosote, Old Fruitmarket, Celtic Connections 2017 review by Pauline Keightley
- Gordon McCracken Photography: Stone Portraits, Glasgow Graveyards