My second week with Paul Rutherford – Personal Trainer
I’m going along to Paul Rutherford tomorrow for my third session at his private gym. It’s been very enjoyable and an eye opener. There’s no doubt about his expertise. Although I’ve been to various gyms over the years, and in total probably been put through five or six inductions – already I am learning a lot that is new.
For starters I’m working on:
- Staying relaxed as I carry out each exercise.
- Breathing steadily and naturally through my mouth. (Previously I puffed in through my nose and out through my mouth in time to each move. )
- No jerking – every exercise to be slow, smooth and controlled.
Paul also advises on health and nutrition. My first goal is to drink two litres of water a day. – It’s a lot but it’s all about changing habits. 🙂
Pat Byrne, 9 August, 2016
You can read masses of testimonials on Paul’s website including from Melanie:
“At the outset I was looking for weight loss and toned abs.
What I got was an overall toned physique, clearer skin, more energy and a positive attitude to health and wellbeing that will last a lifetime. It took me a while to stop focusing on wanting to be thin and start being healthy. Now I can only imagine how much better I will look and feel with each month that goes by. I can’t wait to get to the gym and see what Paul has added to my uniquely tailored plan.”
- Minis Rugby Hillhead Sports Club
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Creative Writing Courses – University of Glasgow
- #Beactive Festival, George Square, Glasgow
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Glasgow Songwriting Festival
- Govanhill International Festival and Carnival 2018
- Film for family and local history, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Family Friendly Autism Workshop, Riverside Museum
- Getting Started with Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Indepen-dance Summer Shindig 2018
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- Into the Woods Collective, Art and Music Workshops, Children’s Wood
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA Glasgow
- Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley