My second week with Paul Rutherford – Personal Trainer
I’m going along to Paul Rutherford tomorrow for my third session at his private gym. It’s been very enjoyable and an eye opener. There’s no doubt about his expertise. Although I’ve been to various gyms over the years, and in total probably been put through five or six inductions – already I am learning a lot that is new.
For starters I’m working on:
- Staying relaxed as I carry out each exercise.
- Breathing steadily and naturally through my mouth. (Previously I puffed in through my nose and out through my mouth in time to each move. )
- No jerking – every exercise to be slow, smooth and controlled.
Paul also advises on health and nutrition. My first goal is to drink two litres of water a day. – It’s a lot but it’s all about changing habits. 🙂
Pat Byrne, 9 August, 2016
You can read masses of testimonials on Paul’s website including from Melanie:
“At the outset I was looking for weight loss and toned abs.
What I got was an overall toned physique, clearer skin, more energy and a positive attitude to health and wellbeing that will last a lifetime. It took me a while to stop focusing on wanting to be thin and start being healthy. Now I can only imagine how much better I will look and feel with each month that goes by. I can’t wait to get to the gym and see what Paul has added to my uniquely tailored plan.”
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley
- Phoenix Flight Training Cumbernauld
- Glasgow Drum Circle – give a voucher for Christmas
- Wild Women Writing Course with Magi Gibson starts January 2018
- Eusebi Deli – Italian Beer and Food Pairing
- Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
- Indepen-dance, creative movement for people with disabilities and their carers
- Doc-Open. Launch at GFT, 2 November, 2017
- First Strings, Glasgow: Guitar Lessons for Children
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival (SQIFF) – Bridging the Gap, workshop CCA, 6 September, 2017
- Foraging Workshop, Napiershall Street Gardens, Saturday 12 August, 2017
- A New Byres Road: Public Consultation Design Events, August 2017
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop Frontiers in Retreat: Edge Effects, Glasgow, Thu 27 July – Sun 30 July 2017
- Upcycling – free demonstration, Oxfam Byres Road, 13 and 16 July, 2017
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2017 – call for programmers
- Artivism, STUC and Scottish Artists Union, The Space, Gallowgate, First Session 18 July, 2017
- How To Be Irreplaceable in the Automated Workplace, Training Course, STUC, 12 July,2017
- Yoga for Musicians: The Art of Listening with Outi Smith, Glasgow, 22 July, 2017