Pam Ann Queen of the Sky, Theatre Royal Glasgow, 29 November, 2015
THEATRE ROYAL GLASGOW
SUNDAY 29 NOVEMBER 2015, 8PM
Pam Ann, the world’s favourite International Air Hostess and Queen of the Sky, is back in the UK and Ireland with a brand new show for 2015. Jet setting in direct from sell-out tours in Europe, USA, Australia, and following a six week run at London’s Leicester Square Theatre, Pam Ann will touchdown at the Theatre Royal Glasgow on Sunday 29 November.
The Queen of the Sky can’t promise that this plane won’t go missing over the Indian Ocean or shut down the internet in North Korea but she can guarantee it will be a turbulent flight. Ever wondered what it would feel like to be hijacked and verbally abused by an international air hostess? Well this show is for you! Pam Ann is back and she means business (class). Hilarious, often shocking and totally politically incorrect, Pam Ann keeps things lively and nail bitingly unpredictable as she takes off her pristine white gloves and delivers an unrelenting barrage of “shoot-from-the-lip” observations.
Pam Ann’s caustic wit knows no boundaries so fasten your seat belts and prepare for take-off. Fearless about engaging in controversy, she deftly navigates the flying taboos, stereotypes, and cultural differences that even the boldest of other comedians rarely broach. Easily offended flyers please be warned – Queen of The Sky will take no hostages.
Adored by some cabin crew and frequent flyers around the world, Pam Ann’s ability to both rile, offend and charm her audiences has helped her keep flying high. She is like Marmite you either love or hate her. She’s developed a cult-like international following and counts Elton John, Cher and Madonna (who describes Pam Ann as “cruelly funny”) among her fans but most importantly Richard Quest from CNN calls her a friend and fellow Wikipedia of the travel industry.
Pam Ann is the comic creation of writer and comedian Caroline Reid. Together they sell out every stage they hit from New York’s Public Theatre and San Francisco’s Castro, to Sydney’s State Theatre, Melbourne’s Princess Theatre, Paris’s Alhambra Theatre, Berlin’s Admiralspalast, London’s Hammersmith Apollo to name a few. In the UK, Pam Ann was the 4th best-selling female comedian of 2014 wedged between Dawn French and her long time inspiration Joan Rivers. In Australia, Pam Ann starred on her own television talk show, The Pam Ann Show on Foxtel and has hosted the National Live broadcast of Mardi Gras. Among Pam Ann’s greatest hits are an advertising campaign and training videos for British Airways, the inclusion of her Live DVD Come Fly With Me on Qantas’ in-flight programming, being the face of London’s Heathrow SkyTeam Terminal 4 for the 5th year running and being awarded the Icon Award by New York’s Get Out Magazine.
Pam Ann and her super human work ethic are just getting started, in 2015 she is also working on a Hollywood Pam Ann Movie, TV Pam Ann sitcom and a Pam Ann book due out later this year. Queen of the Sky will feature brand new videos created by long-time collaborator film maker Sam Harvey, music by DJ Wayne G and costumes created by New York designer Garo Sparo.
“Pam Ann is right up there with Joan Rivers in her spontaneity and the audience loves it.”
Times Sq Chronicle
“A delicious comic creation.”
“Like being held hostage on a plane filled with laughing gas”
“Our favourite foul-mouthed trolley dolly”
Theatre Royal 282 Hope St, Glasgow G2 3QA
Sun 29 Nov, 8pm
Box Office 08448 717 647 (bkg fee) Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge.
Buy tickets online
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Unexploded Ordnances, The Platform, Glasgow 26 May, 2018
- The Motherf**cker With The Hat, The Tron, Glasgow
- Deniro – the Bulldog from Netherburn cast as Rufus in Legally Blonde, Glasgow
- Cilla – the Musical at King’s Theatre, Glasgow
- DOG AUDITIONS FOR THE ROLE OF RUFUS IN LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL ARE BEING HELD IN GLASGOW
- Of Mice and Men Theatre Royal, Glasgow
- The Vivace Theatre School Senior Musical Theatre students’ annual performances at Websters, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Last Ship, Theatre Royal, June 2018.
- Red Raw, The Stand
- Hedda Gabbler, Theatre Royal Glasgow
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Jack and the Beanstalk, SEC, Gary Tank Commander and The Dolls
- Alice in Weegieland, The Tron
- Jock and the Beanstalk,The Shed
- It’s A Wonderful Life Radio Play, OranMor
- Sting Visits Fairfield Heritage Centre in Govan
- Theatre Royal Celebrates 150th Birthday
- Glasgow School of Art Choir, Royal Concert Hall
- The Wonderful West End, Christmas Gala, Royal Concert Hall Glasgow