Paisley Spooktacular Halloween Festival
Weekend starting Friday 26 October, 2018
Beware the witching hour, when supernatural creatures and ghostly figures gather their powers to scare even the bravest of souls at Halloween.
On Saturday 27 October, Paisley’s hugely popular ‘spooktacular’ Halloween Festival returns to the town centre.
Inspired by Paisley’s dark and deathly 17th century witch history, the Halloween Festival is one of the major events as part of the Year of Young People 2018 celebrations.
On the Saturday, a 500-strong parade will wind its way through the dark streets and creep through the town centre. Expect macabre characters and gruesome parade floats as well as the Beltane Fire Society, Mr Wilson’s Second Liners and the mesmerising Spark! LED drummers.
Stranger things will start to happen as breath-taking aerial performances pop up with people suspended from the Town Hall and look up for a jaw dropping Flying Witches performance, which will see performers swing 120ft above the crowds in Abbey Close, look out for lots of cackling and broomsticks and jaw dropping stunts.
The Main Stage will showcase amazing acts throughout the day and Paisley Town Hall and Abbey will be ‘spook central’ with pumpkin carving, trick or treat booths, scary storytelling and hands on Halloween activities for kids. Plus, County Square will have a funfair and live entertainment from local dance and theatre groups and there will also be fantastic selection of local street food vendors.
There’s deceit in the air on the Friday evening in local restaurant Zambretto, enjoy a devilish three-course Italian meal before your night takes a mysterious turn with a tale of murder and intrigue. Hair-raising horror films for all ages will be screened in Paisley Town Hall which will also play host to two costumed balls – one for ‘unders’ and the other strictly over 18s – on Friday 26 October.
Paisley Halloween Festival is fast establishing a reputation as a must-see event – so join us in 2018 and be a part of something wicked!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Hallowe'en in Glasgow
- Open Mind Fest – Journalism and Mental Health
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Gorbals Fair 2019
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- 80 Years of Cinema Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- May 2019 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Southside Fringe Festival 2019
- Crossways Irish Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Roseanne Watt & Kate Newmann
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- WEF 2019: Fiona Cuthill & Stevie Lawrence- Traditional Scottish Music
- Sweat It Festival
- Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival 2019
- Call Mr Robeson, Queens Park Glasgow