Paisley Spooktacular Halloween Festival
Weekend starting Friday 26 October, 2018
Beware the witching hour, when supernatural creatures and ghostly figures gather their powers to scare even the bravest of souls at Halloween.
On Saturday 27 October, Paisley’s hugely popular ‘spooktacular’ Halloween Festival returns to the town centre.
Inspired by Paisley’s dark and deathly 17th century witch history, the Halloween Festival is one of the major events as part of the Year of Young People 2018 celebrations.
On the Saturday, a 500-strong parade will wind its way through the dark streets and creep through the town centre. Expect macabre characters and gruesome parade floats as well as the Beltane Fire Society, Mr Wilson’s Second Liners and the mesmerising Spark! LED drummers.
Stranger things will start to happen as breath-taking aerial performances pop up with people suspended from the Town Hall and look up for a jaw dropping Flying Witches performance, which will see performers swing 120ft above the crowds in Abbey Close, look out for lots of cackling and broomsticks and jaw dropping stunts.
The Main Stage will showcase amazing acts throughout the day and Paisley Town Hall and Abbey will be ‘spook central’ with pumpkin carving, trick or treat booths, scary storytelling and hands on Halloween activities for kids. Plus, County Square will have a funfair and live entertainment from local dance and theatre groups and there will also be fantastic selection of local street food vendors.
There’s deceit in the air on the Friday evening in local restaurant Zambretto, enjoy a devilish three-course Italian meal before your night takes a mysterious turn with a tale of murder and intrigue. Hair-raising horror films for all ages will be screened in Paisley Town Hall which will also play host to two costumed balls – one for ‘unders’ and the other strictly over 18s – on Friday 26 October.
Paisley Halloween Festival is fast establishing a reputation as a must-see event – so join us in 2018 and be a part of something wicked!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Hallowe'en in Glasgow
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- St Patrick’s Festival Family Fun Day
- Phil Differ: Me OranMor
- In For A Penny, Websters Theatre
- News Hacks, Oran Mor
- Sean McLoughlin: Hail Mary, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2019
- Rich Hall’s Hoedown Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2019
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Love Music Hate Racism at The Blue Arrow
- Knickerbocker Glory Glasgow University Feminist Society
- Erskine Bike Meet 2019
- Come Dino With Me, Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Women’s Suffrage Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- The Scottish Homebuilding & Renovating Show Returns to the SEC, Glasgow
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- The Rock Choir Live for Star Child
- Poet Sophie Collins at Creative Conversations
- Glasgow Kilt Walk for Maura’s Mission Team