Paisley Spooktacular Halloween Festival
Weekend starting Friday 26 October, 2018
Beware the witching hour, when supernatural creatures and ghostly figures gather their powers to scare even the bravest of souls at Halloween.
On Saturday 27 October, Paisley’s hugely popular ‘spooktacular’ Halloween Festival returns to the town centre.
Inspired by Paisley’s dark and deathly 17th century witch history, the Halloween Festival is one of the major events as part of the Year of Young People 2018 celebrations.
On the Saturday, a 500-strong parade will wind its way through the dark streets and creep through the town centre. Expect macabre characters and gruesome parade floats as well as the Beltane Fire Society, Mr Wilson’s Second Liners and the mesmerising Spark! LED drummers.
Stranger things will start to happen as breath-taking aerial performances pop up with people suspended from the Town Hall and look up for a jaw dropping Flying Witches performance, which will see performers swing 120ft above the crowds in Abbey Close, look out for lots of cackling and broomsticks and jaw dropping stunts.
The Main Stage will showcase amazing acts throughout the day and Paisley Town Hall and Abbey will be ‘spook central’ with pumpkin carving, trick or treat booths, scary storytelling and hands on Halloween activities for kids. Plus, County Square will have a funfair and live entertainment from local dance and theatre groups and there will also be fantastic selection of local street food vendors.
There’s deceit in the air on the Friday evening in local restaurant Zambretto, enjoy a devilish three-course Italian meal before your night takes a mysterious turn with a tale of murder and intrigue. Hair-raising horror films for all ages will be screened in Paisley Town Hall which will also play host to two costumed balls – one for ‘unders’ and the other strictly over 18s – on Friday 26 October.
Paisley Halloween Festival is fast establishing a reputation as a must-see event – so join us in 2018 and be a part of something wicked!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Hallowe'en in Glasgow
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Lids Open Day, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Websters Big Summer Event
- Record Fair at Nice n Sleazy
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan