Paisley Spooktacular Halloween Festival
Weekend starting Friday 26 October, 2018
Beware the witching hour, when supernatural creatures and ghostly figures gather their powers to scare even the bravest of souls at Halloween.
On Saturday 27 October, Paisley’s hugely popular ‘spooktacular’ Halloween Festival returns to the town centre.
Inspired by Paisley’s dark and deathly 17th century witch history, the Halloween Festival is one of the major events as part of the Year of Young People 2018 celebrations.
On the Saturday, a 500-strong parade will wind its way through the dark streets and creep through the town centre. Expect macabre characters and gruesome parade floats as well as the Beltane Fire Society, Mr Wilson’s Second Liners and the mesmerising Spark! LED drummers.
Stranger things will start to happen as breath-taking aerial performances pop up with people suspended from the Town Hall and look up for a jaw dropping Flying Witches performance, which will see performers swing 120ft above the crowds in Abbey Close, look out for lots of cackling and broomsticks and jaw dropping stunts.
The Main Stage will showcase amazing acts throughout the day and Paisley Town Hall and Abbey will be ‘spook central’ with pumpkin carving, trick or treat booths, scary storytelling and hands on Halloween activities for kids. Plus, County Square will have a funfair and live entertainment from local dance and theatre groups and there will also be fantastic selection of local street food vendors.
There’s deceit in the air on the Friday evening in local restaurant Zambretto, enjoy a devilish three-course Italian meal before your night takes a mysterious turn with a tale of murder and intrigue. Hair-raising horror films for all ages will be screened in Paisley Town Hall which will also play host to two costumed balls – one for ‘unders’ and the other strictly over 18s – on Friday 26 October.
Paisley Halloween Festival is fast establishing a reputation as a must-see event – so join us in 2018 and be a part of something wicked!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Hallowe'en in Glasgow
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival, CCA 2018
- Night at the Museum, Comics Scotland.
- Glasgow’s Big Feed, Govan, 10 – 11 November, 2018
- Open Door Day Centre for Advanced Textiles Glasgow School of Art
- Firework Displays in Glasgow 2018
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Calibre, GFT
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Salsa Networking Event, Havana Glasgow Film Festival CCA
- Book Week Scotland: In Conversation with Graeme Macrae Burnet, GOMA
- Life’s A Drag, Stereo
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- Never Sleep Over Again – Burnt Church Film Club
- Never Been Kissed Rum Shack Halloween Fundraiser
- Paisley Spooktacular Halloween Festival
- Bamboo Horror Story Glasgow Halloween
- Halloween Pug Ball at St Luke’s