Outer Shapes, Inner Pictures, Exhibition at Thistle Gallery, 27 February – 13 March, 2016.
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art, Park Road, Glasgow
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
A vibrant new exhibition will open at Thistle Gallery on Saturday, February 27th. It will run until Sunday, March 13th, 2016.
The exhibition will feature an exciting array of work by nine Scottish contemporary male artists through the mediums of oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolours, mixed media and marble.
Subject matters range from moody landscapes, to tempestuous seascapes, portraits and figurative images taking us on a visual journey from Aberdeenshire and Loch Lomond ….through France and Spain to Tuscany.
Artists taking part are well known sculptor Tom Allan; figurative and landscape painter Garth Bayley, originally from South Africa but now settled in the Clyde Valley; accomplished and well known artist Ian Elliot whose impressionistic pieces often feature the warmer climes of Tuscany and the Ballearics; popular artist Mark Holden whose recognisable seashore scenes from in and around Scotland are very distinctive; Scott McGregor whose couthy pub scenes featuring characterful canines and their owners always raise a smile; Gregory Moore, originally from Ireland but now settled in Glasgow, whose pastel paintings have an ethereal depth about them; accomplished artist Ian Rawnsley based in Troon whose powerful seascapes and landscapes are profoundly moving and finally, but by no means least Sam Skelton, whose distinctive style of nostalgic images take us back to times gone by in and around his boyhood Glasgow he knows and loves.
So do pop by the Gallery which will be awash with colourful exhibits of every shape and size to take us into the Spring. CD.
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017