Outer Shapes, Inner Pictures, Exhibition at Thistle Gallery, 27 February – 13 March, 2016.
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art, Park Road, Glasgow
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
A vibrant new exhibition will open at Thistle Gallery on Saturday, February 27th. It will run until Sunday, March 13th, 2016.
The exhibition will feature an exciting array of work by nine Scottish contemporary male artists through the mediums of oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolours, mixed media and marble.
Subject matters range from moody landscapes, to tempestuous seascapes, portraits and figurative images taking us on a visual journey from Aberdeenshire and Loch Lomond ….through France and Spain to Tuscany.
Artists taking part are well known sculptor Tom Allan; figurative and landscape painter Garth Bayley, originally from South Africa but now settled in the Clyde Valley; accomplished and well known artist Ian Elliot whose impressionistic pieces often feature the warmer climes of Tuscany and the Ballearics; popular artist Mark Holden whose recognisable seashore scenes from in and around Scotland are very distinctive; Scott McGregor whose couthy pub scenes featuring characterful canines and their owners always raise a smile; Gregory Moore, originally from Ireland but now settled in Glasgow, whose pastel paintings have an ethereal depth about them; accomplished artist Ian Rawnsley based in Troon whose powerful seascapes and landscapes are profoundly moving and finally, but by no means least Sam Skelton, whose distinctive style of nostalgic images take us back to times gone by in and around his boyhood Glasgow he knows and loves.
So do pop by the Gallery which will be awash with colourful exhibits of every shape and size to take us into the Spring. CD.
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School