Outer Shapes, Inner Pictures, Exhibition at Thistle Gallery, 27 February – 13 March, 2016.
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art, Park Road, Glasgow
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
A vibrant new exhibition will open at Thistle Gallery on Saturday, February 27th. It will run until Sunday, March 13th, 2016.
The exhibition will feature an exciting array of work by nine Scottish contemporary male artists through the mediums of oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolours, mixed media and marble.
Subject matters range from moody landscapes, to tempestuous seascapes, portraits and figurative images taking us on a visual journey from Aberdeenshire and Loch Lomond ….through France and Spain to Tuscany.
Artists taking part are well known sculptor Tom Allan; figurative and landscape painter Garth Bayley, originally from South Africa but now settled in the Clyde Valley; accomplished and well known artist Ian Elliot whose impressionistic pieces often feature the warmer climes of Tuscany and the Ballearics; popular artist Mark Holden whose recognisable seashore scenes from in and around Scotland are very distinctive; Scott McGregor whose couthy pub scenes featuring characterful canines and their owners always raise a smile; Gregory Moore, originally from Ireland but now settled in Glasgow, whose pastel paintings have an ethereal depth about them; accomplished artist Ian Rawnsley based in Troon whose powerful seascapes and landscapes are profoundly moving and finally, but by no means least Sam Skelton, whose distinctive style of nostalgic images take us back to times gone by in and around his boyhood Glasgow he knows and loves.
So do pop by the Gallery which will be awash with colourful exhibits of every shape and size to take us into the Spring. CD.
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend