Glasgow, Unesco City of Music, is unsurpassed for its abundance of concerts, gigs and festivals. Music of every type on offer throughout the city every night of the week. From major international stars to talented local musicians, Glasgow is heaving with music and you’re bound to find a gig that you will love including Blues, Jazz, Americana, Folk, Traditional Scottish Music and Pop.
Latest gigs and music events
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union Every Tuesday 8p.m.
Champions Barr, QMU, 22 University Gardens, University of Glasgow, G12 8QN
Open Mic is back at the QMU // takes place every Tuesday at 8PM in Champions Bar // ...
- Lola in Slacks Single Launch at Websters 2 March, 2019, 7.30 p.m.
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
After a series of attention grabbing performances around Glasgow, louche bohemians Lola in Slacks release their new single ...
- Dave Arcari and Andres Roots Saturday 2 March, 2019 8 p.m.
Buchanan Memorial Hall, Milton of Buchanan, By Drymen G63
ESTONIA’S top blues guitarist Andres Roots joins Dave Arcari for an exclusive double-bill show at Memorial Hall, ...
- Pucinni’s La Bohème in Paisley 3, 7 and 9 January, 2019
University of West of Scotland
Puccini’s romantic masterpiece is brought to life in a spectacular production by Paisley’s own community opera company. The company’s professional ...
- The Wellgreen, Stilton and Big Hogg Saturday 23 February, 2019
Partick Cricket Club
The Barne Society presents on Saturday 23rd February 2019
An Evening of music and madness featuring The Wellgreen, Stilton & friends
Dance competition/Disco (DJ Mary)
The Wellgreen ...
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli 8 March, 2019
The Glad Cafe (Glad Cafe drawing by Art by Arjo)
A night of story, song, tears and laughter celebrating, honouring and discovering the wonderful people who identify as women.
- Word Jazzology 16 February, 2019 Partickhill Bowling and Community Club, 46 Partickhill Road, Partick G11 5BY
Saturday, 16 February, 2019 8 p.m.
Cabaret collision of French-style jazz, comedy, poetry and literature. Stand up Ian Macpherson, winner of ...
- Celtic Connections: Carla J Easton and Mark McGowan, OranMor Wednesday 30 January, 2019, 7.30 p.m.
Glasgow’s self-styled “Princess of DIY Pop”, Carla J. Easton, released her second solo album, Impossible Stuff, to rapturous acclaim in autumn 2018. Recorded with Arcade ...
- World Without Walls with musician and songwriter Brian McFall Tuesday 26 February, 2019, 7 p.m.
Glasgow Literary Lounge
The Calton Bar, 415 London Road, Glasgow G40 1AG
A WORLD WITHOUT WALLS: Featuring ‘The Life of Brian’ with Musician and Songwriter Brian McFall
Calling all ...
- Sophie Rocks, Harpist – ‘Notes from Shetland to Shanghai’ 1 February, 2019 – 7:30pm
Partickhill Bowling Club, 46 Partickhill Road, Glasgow, G11 5BY
‘If you think harps are only played by angels or elderly ladies in ballgowns, think again!’ – Edinburgh ...
- Curtain Set to Rise on Celtic Connections 2019 17 January – 3 February, 2019
The world-leading annual music festival Celtic Connections begins Thursday (17 January) with around 100 young musicians from across Scotland and Showcase Scotland partner-country Galicia taking ...
- Shoot the Craw, Farewell Gig Saturday, 2 February, 2018, 5 p.m.
*** FAREWELL GIG ANNOUNCEMENT ***
The Clutha Bar , 167 Stockwell Street, Glasgow G1 4SP
‘It is with much sadness to have to announce our last ever ...
- Fiskur and Lizzie Reid, King Tuts Saturday Feb 2 2019, 8:30 PM
King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
272A St Vincent StreetGlasgow G2 5RL
£11.00 – Buy tickets
Fiskur on Facebook
‘We are getting ready to play a super cool full band ...
- Emily Punton , Websters Saturday, 5 January, 2019 7.30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Acoustic Affair presents …
Young Scottish songwriter Emily Punton headlines her first show to kick of the new year in style !
- John Martyn Remembrance Gig with Alan Murphy Saturday 9 February, 2019
Mugdock Country Park, Craigallian Road, Glasgow G62 8EL
Alan Murphy plays an evening of John Martyn Classics in the intimate theatre in beautiful Mugdock Country Park.
All proceeds to ...
- Control Social Club at Broadcast Wednesday 26th December, 2018 @ Broadcast, 147 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
Control Social Club presents:
Boxing Day Special. One final showcase to close the year out featuring one of Glasgows breakthrough ...
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018 21 December, 2018, 7 p.m.
The UK’s number 1 tribute to The Sensational Alex Harvey Band come to Glasgow for their Annual Christmas Party. This year it’s at Audio, Glasgow and ...
- Love Music Hate Racism, The Arlington Saturday 29 December, 2018
LMHR end-of-year party. It’s on the last Saturday of the year, in that sweet spot between Christmas Day and Hogmanay, and starts at 5pm.
All the performers have ...
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono Friday, 21 December, 2018 – 8 p.m.
Mono Cafe/Bar, 10 – 12 King’s Court, King Street, Glasgow G1 5RB
Benefit for Winter Initiative Night Shelter who provide food and shelter from Dec ...
- Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5, Barrowland, After Party at the Art School Saturday, 22 December, 2018
After Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5, Stanley Odd and Medicine Men knock it out the park at the Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5 Barrowland Ballroom Glasgow gig, the official after-party will continue ...
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night 15 December, 2018
Nice n Sleazy, 421 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3LG
Everyone’s favourite seven inch based 45rpm party night sleighs December with a Christmas Special – plenty of festive 45s thrown into ...
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow 12 December, 2018
The Blue Arrow, 323 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3HW
Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium is a meeting of minds, and a declaration of the vibrancy and creative potential of the ...
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
0141 357 5825
What’s On At Cottiers
Leiper’s Attic at Cottiers
Cottiers Bar and Restaurant is a most attractive and flexible venue in Glasgow’s West End. Previously, ...
- Andy White, The Doublet Sunday, 2 December, 2018
The Doublet Bar, 74 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Sounds in the Suburbs presents Andy White
Belfast singer-songwriter Andy White is writing songs about politics again. You know why. ...
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club WORD JAZZOLOGY!
Friday, 23 November, 2018 at 8pm.
Cabaret collision of French-style jazz, comedy, poetry and literature with bar. Stand up Ian Macpherson, winner of the first Time Out Award for Comedy, ...
- The Slow Readers Club at The Art School
The Slow Readers Club + PINS
Saturday, 8 December, 2018 at 7 p.m.
The Art School, Students Association, 20 Scott St, Glasgow G3 6PE
Rumour has it that The Slow Readers Club could be ...
- The Parlotones at OranMor 11 November, 2018, 7p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Venue, OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
20th Anniversary Tour 2018
+ Justin Serrao
In their native South Africa, there’s no rock band bigger ...
- Spangled Cabaret The Blue Arrow Monday 12 November, 2018 8.30 – 11.30 p.m.
Spangled Cabaret is the longest running monthly alternative variety show in Glasgow! Beginning at The Rio Cafe on the 1st Monday in February ...
- Bahookie, Christmas Party at Cottiers Friday, 7 December, 2018
Join Cottiers and Scotland’s No.1 Folk/Rock/Ceilidh Band BAHOOKIE for Glasgow’s biggest, most rocking Christmas Party!!!!!
Bahookie will showcase their totally unique take on Scottish music that makes them ...
- Life’s A Drag, Stereo Wednesday 21 October, 2018
‘Come with us on All Hallow’s Eve for a special show!’
For this special Hallowe’en show usual suspects: Serpentina, Frida, Pacific and Raven, plus phenomenal House of Knives ...
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha Sunday, 28 October, 2018
The Carlton 3 at 5.30pm, third of a jug, followed by The full Carlton Jug band, for plenty of juggery pokery! ‘Cos the doctor said give ’em ...
- Dave Arcari at King Tuts 22 November, 2018
Alt.blues troubadour Dave Arcari returns from his latest tour to play this exclusive hometown show at Glasgow’s flagship venue King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut Plus sepcial guest Andrew Robert Eustace.
Event on ...
- Ben Kunder, The Doublet Wednesday 24 October, 2018 – 8.30 p.m.
The Doublet, 74 Park Road, Kelvinbridge Glasgow G4 9JF
Ben Kunder “Better Human” Album Release Tour
Presented by Sounds in the Suburbs
TICKETS | £10
ABOUT BEN KUNDER & ...
- The Starry Skies with support from The Social, The Bungalow Thursday 25 October, 2018
The Bungalow is delighted to Present ….
***The Starry Skies with support from The Social***
The Bungalow, 15 Shuttle Street, Paisley PA1 1YD
The Starry Skies
“The Starry Skies are ...
- Jim McAteer, Seven Song Club Friday 26 October, 2018
The Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
THE SEVEN SONG CLUB PRESENT
with support from Kitty and Little King
Jim McAteer is a well loved poet, singer songwriter ...
- Luca Manning and Finn Bradley – The Music of Chet Baker 29 December, 2018 – 7 p.m.
The Blue Arrow, 323 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3HW
Two of London’s exciting young improvisers come together to explore the music of legendary trumpeter and vocalist, ...
- The Muse at St Louis – A Night of Justice Thursday 29 November, 2018
A night of words, music, wine and chat with host Linda Jackson. Writers include:
Janet Crawford, Maggie Graham, Dave Manderson, Kay Metcalfe and Douglas Thomson
Inspirational music from ‘Heir ...
- The Duncan McCrone Band, Gartmore Village Hall 10 November, 2018, 7.30 p.m.
Duncan, Cy and Jim – with special guests Chris Stout and Fraser Speirs – in concert. With support from husband and wife duo Neil Adam and ...
- Christine Bovill at OranMor 1 November, 2018, 7.30 p.m.
Award winning chanteuse, Christine Bovill returns for her seventh visit to Òran Mór. The Glasgow-born singer has built her reputation on her interpretation of classic 20th century songs. ...
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018 After a long break there will be another ‘Many Singers – Many Songs’ fundraiser night at Maryhill Community Central Halls – the biggest yet!
24 November, 2018 – Maryhill Central Halls, ...
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE FROM 27 OCTOBER TO 10 NOVEMBER, 2018
Linda Jaxson Band
Saturday 10 November, 2018 – 9 p.m.
Call to book 0141 339 1742
St Louis 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6RD
- Bearpit Brothers Album Preview, Tennents, Glasgow West End Saturday 3 November, 2018 – 8 p.m.
Bearpit Brothers will b previewing tunes from their next record. Getting ready to release album in the New Year.
Lots of lovely new sounds, it’ll ...
- The Gracious Losers Christmas Shindig Glasgow 2018
Saturday, 15 December, 2018
Community Central Halls
The Gracious Losers invite you to join them as they play a selection of original material from their debut album and beyond. The band will ...
- Teenage Fanclub, The Barrowland 29 – 31 October, 2018
Songs from The Creation Years
The Barrowland Ballroom, 244 Gallowgate, Glasgow G4 0TT
Songs from Teenage Fanclub: The Creation Records Years.
29th Oct – Songs from 1991-1993
30th Oct – Songs from ...
- Music for the Antartic, Greenpeace, Glasgow Tuesday 9th October
The Old Hairdressers, 28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 5AR
Antarctic Ocean Sanctuary campaign is raising funds – come along and support the campaign and listen to some amazing local ...
- MCSTAPE – Book Launch Stephen Watt and special guests
Thursday 29 November, 2018 at 8 p.m.
Hosted by Last Night From Glasgow
Join Stephen and his special guests as they take you on a musical and poetic journey through his love ...
- Forrest Can’t Run Cottiers
Sunday 7 October, 2018 7.30 p.m.
With support from Wasted Summers, The Super Moons and St. Clements.
Forrest Can’t Run’ are an up and coming Edinburgh based pop punk band that have ...
- Nostalgic Cottiers Thursday, 25 October, 2018 7.30 p.m.
Nostalgic were formed in mid-2016. They are a 4 piece band comprising of Iain McIntosh – Bass and Vocals, Allan Loughlin – Drums, Joel Loughlin ...
- Francis Macdonald at Seven Song Club With Special Guest Lenzie Moss
Friday 28 September, 2018
Francis Macdonald drums with Teenage Fanclub and makes music for filmmakers/TV. Clash magazine describes him as “a composer of rare skill and subtlety”.
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana 7 October, 2018
St Andrews in the Square
He picked up glowing 5-star reviews for his album, I Don’t Do This for Love, I Do This for Love – a CD ...
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition Friday 14 – Sunday 16 September, 2018
A 3-Day multimedia exhibition of painting, sculpture and photography with live music and poetry
Friday 14th Sept 6pm – 8pm Exhibition Opening
LOUISE MALONE – Painting, ...
- Gavin Paterson Nova Scotia Folk Club Wednesday 17 October, 2018 – 7.30 p.m.
Fort Theatre, Kenmure Avenue, Bishopbriggs G64 2DW
Gavin Paterson takes the featured spot. Also open floor spots and end of show jam session. All welcome.
- The Wellgreen, Stilton, KiDD, West of Scotland Cricket Club Saturday, 27 October, 2018 – 7 p.m.
West of Scotland Cricket Club, Hamilton Crescent, Peel Street, Partick G11 5LU
A long overdue night curated by record label The Barne Society!
The Wellgreen combine ...
- David Rovics at the Doublet Bar 8 October, 2018 – 7.30 p.m.
The Doublet Bar, 74 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
David Rovics was born in New York City, and as a guitar-slinging singer/songwriter now based in Portland, ...
- Spangled Cabaret October 2018 Monday 1 October, 2018
The Blue Arrow, 323 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3HW
Spangled Cabaret is the longest running monthly alternative variety show in Glasgow! Beginning at The Rio Cafe on the ...
- Starry Skies Album Launch, OranMor Review by Pat Byrne
‘Be Kind’ Warren McIntyre Album Launch OranMor – review Pat Byrne
‘Warren McIntyre’s gig to launch his album, ‘Be Kind’ – a night to remember.’
Special guest Woody Pines, Nashville troubadour in ...
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co 30 August, 2018
‘Oor holiday in the west end continues!’
Come down on THURSDAY for a night of more OPEN MIC Fail Better mayhem. Starting the back of 7 to give you ...
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow Saturday, 1 September, 2018 – 8 p.m.
Plus Open Mic
The Basement Jam – featuring Americana singer songwriter Jim Byrne.
191 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8TN
Event on Facebook
Every Day Is Sunshine – YouTube
- Fara, OranMor, Glasgow 12 September, 2018 – 7 p.m.
The Venue, OranMor, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8QX
“Sickeningly talented and mad as brushes. A potent combination.” Kevin Macleod
Fara brings together four leading musicians ...
- Brooks Williams Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet 9 September, 2018
The Doublet Bar, 74 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
Absolutely delighted to once more welcome back the fabulous Brooks Williams to a SoundsintheSuburbs show, this time at the Doublet Bar.
- Seven Song Club, LOOPER and Wholly…..Cats 31 August, 2018
The Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
Stuart David is a Scottish musician, songwriter and novelist, famed for originating two distinct musical genres – Folk Hop and Horror ...
- Linda Jaxson Band at St Louis Cafe/Bar, Glasgow Little Bit of Blues and Soul
8 September, 2018 – 9 pm
St Louis, Cafe Bar, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6RD
0141 330 1742
- Songs of the Silver Screen, OranMor 18 September, 2018
At OranMor with The Picture House Showband
“Lights, camera, action! for an unforgettable night of Hollywood movie magic with the sensational Songs Of The Silver Screen Show – A ...
- Yvonne Lyon and Eilidh Patterson, The Glad Cafe 8 September, 2018 – 7.30 p.m.
The Glad Cafe
YVONNE LYON returns to The Glad Café with a collection of songs from her new album, ‘Metanoia’.
Yvonne consistently combines poignant lyrics with strong, creative ...
- Ethan Johns, Love Music Glasgow Saturday 18 August, 2018
Love Music, 34 Dundas Street, City Centre, Glasgow G1 2AQ
Ethan Johns will be at Love Music playing some songs from his brand new album ANAMNESIS on Saturday ...
- Women at Carlton Studios, Glasgow, Monthly Event An open invitation for women to share their musical creative talents, to show appreciation, inspire and learn from each other
Happy to come along and listen in? You are welcome too! ...
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, 24 August, 2018 Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
Activate your August by following the friendliest funkateers to Thank Funk It’s Friday – a feast of funk’n’soul dance-jazz disco-style grooviness, from the makers of Soul ...
- Word Jazzology, Glasgow 30 August 2018 Babbity Bowsters, Merchant City
Thursday, 30 August, 2018 – 7.30 p.m.
Tickets £5 on the door
Where comedy, music and literature collide. Irish stand up and comedy novelist Ian Macpherson oversees a cabaret ...
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute 20 August, 2018
A group of Refuweegies and asylum seekers jam their diverse musical talents together into this Baghdad Café event. From the fruits of Farsi, Arabic and Kurdish an outpouring ...
- Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe Glasgow Americana
PLUS DAVID LATTO
SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER 2018
Glasgow singer-songwriter, Martha L. Healy, launches her new album ‘Keep The Flame Alight’ with a full-band show on Saturday 6th October at The Glad ...
- Hazy Recollections – Woody Pines , Yvonne Lyon , Al Shields, Glasgow Americana Sunday 7 October, 2018
ADRIANA SPINA & NOAH AND THE WEST RIVER BAND
The Admiral Bar, 72a Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA
Tickets £10 – Ticket Scotland
Woody Pines at Big Sparra Vinyl – ...
- The Glad Cafe, 6th birthday celebration Glad Cafe 6th Birthday Bash with KING AYISOBA with AYUUNE SULE + PAINTED XRAY + HOWIE REEVE + DAVID BARBAROSSA (DJ)
THE GLAD CAFE IS 6 YEARS OLD!!!
Saturday 18 August, 2018
- Glasgow Americana – Yola Carter & The Red Pine Timber Co, Cottiers 3 October 2018 – 8:00 pm – 10:15 pm
Inspired by country and soul from the likes of The Band, Gillian Welch, Gene Clark, The Byrds, Staple Singers, Emmylou Harris, Otis ...
- Gigs at King Tuts, Gigs, Glasgow 10 – 12 August, 2018
All gigs at King Tuts on Facebook
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, 272A St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5RL
Telephone: 0141 2215279
- Seven Song Club Weekender, Merchant City Festival Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th, August, 2018
Free outdoor stage on Parnie St, Trongate, Glasgow Merchant City.
More acts to be announced.
Starts at 12.00 each day with street bars, food and other ...
- Glasgow Songwriting Festival 10, 11, 12 August, 2018
GOVANHILL BATHS, 99 Calder St, Glasgow, G41 7RA
Opening Concert 10 August at The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollockshaws Rd, Glasgow, G41 2HG
Twelve hours of songwriting workshops and an all-staropening ...
- Brooklyn On Tour Comes To Glasgow Brooklyn Brewery will be bringing ‘Brooklyn On Tour’ to Glasgow
Saturday 4th August, 2018 – 3pm – 10pm
The award-winning brewery have scoured the city to unearth the best up-and-coming street food ...
- George Square, Glasgow 2018 George Square is being transformed into a spectacular playground as the beating heart of Glasgow 2018
Whether it’s the chance to view a stunning 14 metre wide handshake between giant friends, ...
- Govanhill International Festival and Carnival 2018 16 – 26 August, 2018
Celebrating diversity with a fabulous programme of events
After the success of last year’s inaugural event, Govanhill International Festival and Carnival returns with a spectacular showcase including: ...
- Renata Rosa, Cottiers 9 Aug 2018 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
A rare visit to the UK for this deeply expressive Brazilian singer- songwriter and her band. Renata plays the rabeca, a fiddle ...
- United States of Americana, Cottiers Monday 30 July, 2018
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
0141 357 5825
Tickets: Discounted tickets available for the United States of Americana event!
Promo code: Americana
- Georgia Cecile Smith, The Blue Arrow, Glasgow 8 September, 2018
‘Best Vocalist’ finalist at this year’s Scottish Jazz Awards, Georgia Cécile has been captivating audiences with her engaging delivery of self-penned songs and arrangements of classic standards.
Tipped as ...
- Doghouse Roses and Joseph Parsons, The Doublet Bar, Glasgow Wednesday, 25th July, 2018
The Doublet Bar, 74 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
The collaboration between Scottish duo Doghouse Roses and U.S. (Philadelphia) native Joseph Parsons began in the dark corner of ...
- United States of Americana, Cottiers 30 July 2018 – 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Meaghan Blanchard (Canada)
Amethyst Kiah (USA)
Lucas & King (England)
Roseanne Reid (Scotland)
Performing in the round.
This is a seated event.
Tickets £19.50 Adults (0ver 18s)/£16.50 Concessions (ticket prices incl. ...
- Black Cat Bone / DixieFried / Al Shields and The Delahayes Stereo, Glasgow 24 August, 2018
Support Comes from Dixie Fried & Al Shields and The Delahayes (Al Shields Music)
Stereo, 22-28 Renfield Ln, Glasgow G2 6PH
Tickets £8, Doors 7pm
Headliners Black Cat Bone
“When a band can write, perform and ...
- Rebel Yell on Tour, Music Moments Glasgow 2018 19 – 27 July, 2018
Music Across the city,
Glasgow Music Studios launch Rebel Yell on Tour as part of Music Moments 2018!
Rebel Yell on Tour sees popular bourbon arrive in some ...
- Summer Nights King Tuts, Glasgow
Brilliant gigs this July at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
King Tut’s Wah Wah Huts, 272A St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5RL
Watch out for Lizzie Reid supporting The Hur on 18 July, ...
- Roots, Rock, Reggae against Racism, The Rum Shack Glasgow RRRAR with Mellow Chants & Edinburgh Roots Collective
Friday, 24 August, 2018
Delighted to welcome from Edinburgh. Mellow Chants live and Edinburgh Roots Collective.
More guests to be announced
The Dance Hall at ...
- Live at Langloch Farm Fundraiser for CCI 25 August, 2018
Clydesdale Community Initiatives, Langloch Farm, Hyndford Road, ML11 9TA
Fundraising event for CCI Scotland, a social enterprise providing small and medium size landscape projects involving people with a range ...
- SAHBROCK XI Ivory Blacks Glasgow 10 November, 2018
The Eleventh SAHBROCK This years bands will be The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, The Swamp Born Assassins and The Lift Shaft Incident. Tickets are on sale now.
Ivory Blacks, ...
- Spangled Cabaret, The Blue Arrow Monday 2 July, 2018
Spangled Cabaret is the longest running monthly alternative variety show in Glasgow! Beginning at The Rio Cafe on the 1st Monday in February 2008, Spangled went on ...
- Linda Jaxson Band, St Louis Cafe/Bar, 7 July, 2018
Saturday 7 July, 2018 – 8.30 p.m.
Book a table 0141 339 1712
St Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6RD
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow 5 July, 2018
Where literature, comedy and music collide
Q: what happens when you put a chanteuse, a comedy writer, a jazz guitarist and his music mates, a novelist and a poet ...
- The Fiesta After Show Party with Candi Staton, SWG3 30 June, 2018
SWG3, 100 Eastvale Place, G3 8QG
Dance music legend, Candi Staton, and her band, PUSH, will put on an exhilarating concert of music to keep both emotions and blood ...
- Amelia White, Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet Monday 25 June, 2018
The Doublet, 74 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
Amelia is a fabulous artist from Nashville. She operates in social-realist mode throughout her new full-length Rhythm of the Rain, and you ...
- Seven Song Club: XAN TYLER / BARRY NEILSON The Tron
18+ Admittance Only
Friday 22nd June 2018
Born and raised in South London, Xan initially signed to Alan McGee’s Creation Records as one half of duo Technique. She then collaborated with Mad ...
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
Òran Mór’s West End Festival All Dayer is back for it’s 7th year on Sunday 24th June and with another great line-up in store!
15 BANDS – 3 STAGES – 1 VENUE
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor Tuesday, 10 July, 2018 7 p.m.
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8QX
The Annual Champipunship is back!
Eight competitors are raring to go.
The house band- The Pun Lovin’ Criminals are getting ...
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2018 Festival Opens in Style
GLASGOW JAZZ FESTIVAL ANNOUNCE HEADLINE ACTS
Wednesday 20th– Sunday 24th June 2018
Glasgow Jazz Festival have announced their headline acts for 2018 – Mr Jukes, The Georgie Fame Family ...
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival Thursday 21 June 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Kelvinside Hillhead Church, Saltoun Street, Observatory Road Glasgow G12 9AG
Event on Facebook
- Gina Chavez, The Doublet, Sounds in the Suburbs Wednesday 13 June, 2018
Gina Chavez, making her Scottish debut. Gina is an award winning bilingual Latin-folk singer and songwriter who has been performing since 2004, releasing her first recording in ...
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute Saturday 23 June, 2018, 6pm – 11pm.
Impact Arts & Craft Café Govan Summer Ball
Pearce Institute, 840-860 Govan Rd, Glasgow G51 3UU
Another Chance to Dance with Shona will welcome in the ...
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
Saturday 9 June, 2018 – 2 p.m.
Ha’penny Bridge House, 135 Kelvin Drive, G20 8QL
off Kelvin Drive, G20 8QL
Friends of the River Kelvin (FORK) present Lazy Saturday Afternoon.Come and enjoy ...
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow 23 June, 2018 – 10 p.m.
The Blue Arrow, 323 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3HW
Luca Manning – Rising Star of the Scottish Jazz Awards Luca Manning
GlasgowJazz Festival – Luca Manning’s New ...
- Take A Walk On The Weill Side, West End Festival 2018
Saturday 9 June, 2018– 7:45pm
St Mary’s Cathedral, 300 Great Western Road, G4 9J
£15.00, concession £12.50
Kurt Weill was one of the greatest theatre showmen of his day. He wrote music of ...
- Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall September, 2018 Saturday 15th September 2018, 7:30pm
Scotland’s “National” Fiddle Orchestra promises a wonderful night of Scottish music and entertainment which will delight both loyal followers and newcomers alike!
The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra’s annual ...
- PCL presents Jerron ‘Blind Boy’ Paxton, CCA Sat 26 May 2018
7pm, £17.50 + £1 booking fee, Theatre / 18+
0141 352 4900 / Book online
Although still in his 20s, Jerron ‘Blind Boy’ Paxton has earned a reputation for ...
- Fiesta x Fold Festival, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow 2018 Saturday June 30th & Sunday July 1st 2018
Fiesta Presents Nile Rodgers FREAK OUT LET’S DANCE Festival!
Delighted to announce that Nile Rodgers & CHIC will be back in Glasgow on June ...
- The Luthiers Concert, West End Festival
(Lansdowne Church), 416 Great Western Road, G4 9HZ Tuesday 05 Jun, 2018 7:00pm
£7.50 / £5 conc
An eclectic mixture of folk, blues, ragtime and classical tunes played by three outstanding musicians. ...
- Heidi Talbot and John McCusker at Cottiers 15 June, 2018
As well as being married, John McCusker and Heidi Talbot are two of the best-known names on the folk music scene.
They have been playing in each other’s bands, ...
- Kittlin at Tchai Ovna 22 May, 2018
21st century folk music, weaving, song and storytelling with fiddle, flute, guitar & accordion.. Original material inspired by folktales and the people and landscape of Scotland with a ...
- The Electrics, 30 Anniversary, The Bungalow, Paisley Sunday, 3rd June, 2018
The Bungalow, Shuttle St, Paisley PA1 1YD
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor
Monday 7th May, 2018 show starts 7.30pm
Featuring another fantastic line-up, the seventh annual Great May Cabaret includes a tribute to founder member Chris Bartter, whose untimely death last October robbed ...
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow 16 May 2018 – 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
What more can you say about these two stellar musicians, now embarking on their 31st year of working together Aly Bain and ...
- Tir na nOg, Cottiers Theatre Tuesday, 8 May, 2018
‘Sonny Condell and Leo O’Kelly continue to defy real time’ – Irish Times
‘..a remarkable band…. they deliver a stunning performance that underlines their reputation as being well founded…… ...
- The Carlton 3 at Tchai Ovna House of Tea, Glasgow Thursday 24th May, 2018 – 8pm
Tchai Ovna, 42 Otago Lane, Glasgow G12 8PB
- The Cool, The Twistettes Single Launch, McChuills 1 June, 2018
After the madness that was The Moods show in March, The C.O.O.L at McChuill`s returns on 1st June for an alternative punk rock special featuring The Twistettes , ...
- Guitar Journey at the Blue Arrow Club Wednesday 9th May, 2018
Sounds in the Suburbs
Giorgi Serci and Jonny Phillips – Guitar Journey
Blue Arrow Club, 323 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3HW
- Folklub – Kirsty Law plus Suas, The Old Hairdressers 17 May, 2018
Kirsty Law is an innovative Scottish singer and song-maker who draws on Scots musical traditions whilst collaborating with artists of different mediums. Her latest album project ‘Young Night ...
- Loki in partnership with Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival An Evening with Scottish Rapper Darren McGarvey
23 May, 2018
In partnership with the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival, join us for an evening of rap, comedy and spoken word.
Darren’s bestselling book ...
- Busker Rhymes, Yoko Pwno, Kid Robotik, Vixen Sound/FlewTheArrow at Broadcast 15 May, 2018
Broadcast, 427 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3LG
Event on Facebook
- 32nd Glasgow Jazz Festival 2018 The 32nd Glasgow Jazz Festival returns from 20-24 June 2018.
The Old Fruitmarket shows will be headlined by Mr Jukes on 20 Jun, The Georgie Fame Family Trio on 21 Jun ...
- The Drake, Unplugged 25 April, 2018
A night of international talent with:
Nossa Bossa – Brazilian Grooves from Pete Parisetti and Angela Higney
Farzane Zamen – from Iran
Elyssa Vulpes – from Italy
Music in the raw – ...
- ‘A Rather Remarkable Saturday Soiree with The Madeleine Stewart Trio, The Mackintosh Club 21 April, 2018 – 3 p.m.- 5.0 p.m.
The soaring stars are Madeleine Stewart who will perform alongside Rory Matheson on piano and Craig Baxter on bodhran. These three outstanding talented ...
- The Cole Porters, The State Bar 4 May, 2018
Coal Porters at the State Bar in Holland Street on Friday 4th May, 2018
The State Bar, 148 Holland Street, Glasgow G2 4NG
At Sounds in the Suburbs
- S.O.S. – It’s a Swing Out Sunday! at Cottiers 29 Apr 2018 – 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
THE JIM CLELLAND TRIO
(Jim Clelland on Keys, Andy Mitchell on Bass and Scott MacKay on Drums)
and the voices of:
JCS VOCAL ENSEMBLE – Musical ...
- The Friel Sisters, Cottiers, Glasgow Thursday, 26 April, 2018
“The Friel Sisters’ music cannot be held back; it is what comes natural to them. They breathe music, they live music, they love music. Traditional Irish music ...
- Auld Hat New Heids, The Fort, Bishopbriggs 20 April, 2018
Fraser & Ian Bruce, Pete Clark and Gregor Lowrey
The Fort Theatre Bishopbriggs with their Auld Hat New Heids Concert.
A night of live music filled with folk songs we ...
- Salad plus Scunner, Broadcast, 19 April, 2018 Salad play Broadcast as part of their first full band tour in over 20 years. Support Scunner
Broadcast 427 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
Event on Facebook
- Duran Durand, John Brown’s Live, Clydebank
Saturday 7 April, 2018
Tickets £7…available from John Browns Bar, Red Eye Studios Clydebank
Buy tickets online
John Browns Upstairs, 13 Chalmers Street, Clydebank G81 1RT
- Tammy, The Tannahill Centre, Paisley
The Tannahill Centre
76 Blackstoun Rd, Paisley PA3 1NT
0141 889 2455
- Ian Donaldson and Steven G. Leonard at The Bungalow, Paisley Saturday, 7 April, 2018
The Bungalow, Shuttle St, Paisley PA1 1YD
Tickets: http://www.ruthlessartistes.co.uk/ and Robert Williamson – firstname.lastname@example.org + 0141 889 9976
Ian Donaldson on Facebook
- Women Writers on the Fringe, Carlton Studios, Glasgow Friday 18 May, 2018
Anti-fracking Fundraiser – £5 on door.
- Kelburn Garden Party 2018
2018 Music Programme – Kelburn Garden Party
KELBURN CASTLE, AYRSHIRE
29 June – 2 July, 2018
As always your ears and feet will be treated to a wide range of quality sounds for ...
- Steel Valley Saints at Citizen M 5 April, 2018
60 Citizen M, Renfrew Street, Glasgow G2 3BW
You’re invited to enjoy fresh April grooves by Steel Valley Saints! On Thursday, 5 April, they will be bringing their unique ...
- Linda Jaxson at La Bodega, Blue: Joni Mitchell Review .
TELEPHONE FOR TICKETS: 0141 581 3401
Friday 27 April, 2018
LA BODEGA, 1120 South St, Glasgow G14 0AP
- The Trudyloots E P Launch, The Hug and Pint Launching Debut EP
30 March, 2018
The Hug and Pint, 171 Great Western Road, G4 9AW
Event on Facebook
- Cajun Music, The Doublet, First Monday every Month There are Irish and Scottish sessions galore in Glasgow pubs, and singarounds and open mics but on the first Monday of every month there’s something a bit different in the ...
- Dave Arcari, Hug and Pint, Glasgow Saturday 3 March, 2018 The blues troubadour will be promoting is latest album ‘Live at Memorial Gall’
With guest Hicks, The Hug and Pint and Dave Arcari at The Hug and Pint.
Dave Arcari Website
- Linda Jaxson Band, St Louis Cafe Bar, Partick Saturday 24 February, 2018 See the small snow pieces on the poster….well it will be sky blue in St Louis on 24th. Dancing shoes anyone?
St Louis Cafe Bar, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6RD
Event on ...
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow Sunday 4 March, 2018
Old Toll Bar, 1 – 3 Paisley Road West, G51 1 LF – 1.00 p.m. 10.00 p.m.
Raising funds for Glasgow SE and SE Food Banks.
After a 5 ...
- The Blue Arrow Club – New Home of Jazz in Glasgow The Blue Arrow Club, 323 Sauchiehall Street. Glasgow G2 3HW
Glasgow’s new home of Jazz, will officially launch on Sunday 18th February, 2018
A basement Jazz venue in the heart of the ...
- The Shires, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
DF Concerts Present
Accidentally On Purpose UK Tour 2018
Sunday 27 May, 2018 – 7.30 p.m.
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3NY
£1.50 per ticket for ...
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club Friday, 23 February, 2018– 7.30 p.m.
Funktify your February! Free yo’ mind by shakin’ yo’ booty! Follow the faithful to Thank Funk It’s Friday – your favourite feast of funk’n’soul dance-jazz ...
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
An entertaining night! Session A9 are a multi-talented band led by fiddler Charlie Mckerron – striking music with four top fiddlers. The band treated us to a variety of slow ...
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018 Monday, July 30 – August 11, 2018
The Summer Nights Concerts at the Kelvingrove Bandstand could not be more exciting with Regular Music announcing a mouthwatering line-up of major acts.
Gigs at ...
- Paul young with Los Pacaminos, The Venue, OranMor, Glasgow 7 March, 2018
Paul Young at Oran Mor on the 7th March. Paul will be playing with Los Pacaminos who feature Drew Barfield, Mark Pinder, Steve Greetham, Jamie Moses and Melvin ...
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley Opening Concert 25th Celtic Connections, January, 2018
Celtic Connection’s Opening concert was organised by pianist Dave Milligan, one of the performers back in 1994. The world’s biggest folk, world and roots ...
- Seven Song Club The Wellgreen / Secret Goldfish / Cara Rose, The Tron Friday 23 February, 2018
Seven Song Club, The Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
The Wellgreen / Secret Goldfish / Cara Rose
A blend of sixties song writing, psychedelia, early power pop, ...
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018 Soul-powered dancefloor delights in the traditional Soul Bowl manner: much-loved Motown, Stax and Atlantic classics. Rare new gems. Old faves. Stompers, floaters, belters, weepers. Vintage vinyl 45s hand-spun for your ...
- Lisa Kowalski at King Tut’s 6 February, 2018
On her 18th birthday Lisa Kowalski will be celebrating it in the best way ever – playing King Tuts for the first time and being the headliner! She’ll ...
- The Primevals, The Reverse Cowgirls and The Kundalini Genie, Seven Song Club 30 March, 2018
Seven Song Club, Tron Theatre, Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
Expect sweat and soul! The Primevals continue to dig deep and you would expect nothing else. An amazing band ...
- Lola in Slacks + special guests, CCA Sounds in the Suburbs presents
Lola in Slacks + special guests
Fri 9 February 2018
7.30pm, £10 + £1 booking fee, Theatre
Book online / 0141 3524900
Sounds in The Suburbs presents a special performance ...
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up Monday, 5 February,2018 8 p.m. – 12.00 a.m.
Celebrating 10 years of monthly alternative variety!
Celebrating the geeks/freaks/uniques!
Celebrating the acts that are impossible to pigeonhole!
Come join us at a brand new venue ...
- The Skids and From The Jam Kelvingrove Bandstand 17 June, 2018 17 June, 2018 7 p.m.
The Skids are a Scottish punk/ rock band formed in 1977. Their biggest success was the single titled ‘Into the Valley’, ‘Masquerade’, ‘Working For The Yankee ...
- Dona Oxford, OranMor, Glasgow 16 February, 2018 Doña Oxford – Heart & Soul Tour – Òran Mór
Imagine Tina Turner fronting The Rolling Stones! Fresh from her appearance at Òran Mór last year, Doña opens her heart and ...
- Celtic Connections 2018 – Highlights from Scots Whay Hae! Alistair Braidwood of Scots Whay Hae! has highlighted some of the events you’ll find at Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Festival.
Worth Watching Out For
As usual you’ll find an impressive programme combining ...
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow 26 January, 2018 7 p.m. – 1 a.m.
The Rio Club, 323 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3HW
It has been 8 years since the original Alternative Burns Supper.
‘Back then, we were the only ...
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018 With only one week to go until the Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary (18 January – 4 February, 2018) there has been a flurry of new names added to the line-up! If ...
- John Taylor the World is Watching, Cottiers Theatre 23 Feb 2018 – 7:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Cottiers Theatre, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
Join John Taylor, widely acclaimed Scottish singer songwriter, as he promotes the release of his seventh ...
- Fairfield Folk Club at The Amethyst, 11 January, 2018 Mick Hargan and Brian Thomas Cumming
Live Music Marathon – Fairfield Folk Club at The Amethyst tonight Hosted by Mick Hargan & Morgan Mcallister 6pm pre show withKeir Robinson Zoe Martin Matthew Gibb Petra Taylor Connor Fyfe Kathryn O’Hare Young BridoConnah Grant – Featured act from ...
- Spangled Cabaret, QMU, 8 January, 2018 22 University Gardens, G12 8QN
Monthly alternative cabaret with:
THE RAGTIME DOLLS
MISS INNOCENCE BLISS
FREE ENTRY- DONATIONS WELCOME
Event on Facebook
- Annual Bowie Tribute The Admiral Bar After last years packed out disco celebration of Bowie – the annual tribute will take place on Saturday 6 January, 2018
The proceeds of the night twill go to MacMillan Cancer ...
- Kathryn Williams at OranMor 2 February, 2018
Mercury nominated and critically acclaimed folk artist Kathryn Williams has teamed up with revered jazz musician and vibraphone player Anthony Kerr, to create an album of complete re-imaginings ...
- KIOKO: The Big Gig in aid of Scottish Huntington’s Association
Fundraiser in aid of Scottish Huntington’s Association
Saturday 3rd February, 2018
KIOKO – Supported by Fnuf and the Faerielights + DJ
This Birmingham band who have appeared at Glastonbury, Belladrum, and headlined at the ...
- Called You Last Night From Glasgow, Club Night, Broadcast Thursday, 21 December, 2018
‘I was sick and tired of everything. When I called you last night from Glasgow…’
‘We’ve had quite a few people suggesting we do a club night dedicated ...
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Avant Garde, Friday 22 December, 2017 NTM Promotions presents The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience
Friday 22 December, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Avant Garde, 34-44 King St, Merchant City, Glasgow G1 5QT
Christmas Party 2017
Tickets £5 from Avant Garde or at ...
- Soul Jazz Fridays, Partick
1 December, 2017
West of Scotland Cricket Club, 44 Peel Street, Partick G11 5LU
Following on from successful opening night in November with lots of regulars and some new faces giving it ...
- Glasgow School of Art Choir, Royal Concert Hall
Celebrate Christmas with the Glasgow School of Art Choir
9 December, 2017 – 7.30.m.
New Auditorium, Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, G2 3NY
This year, the Glasgow School of Art Choir will ...
- The Wonderful West End, Christmas Gala, Royal Concert Hall Glasgow
10 December, 2017 6.30 p.m.
Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3NY
Celebrate Christmas in style with the magic and glamour of London’s West End, accompanied by Royal Scottish National Orchestra ...
- Anarchy! McLaren Westwood Gang + Q&A and live music, CCA
Sat 25 November 2017
7pm, £7 (£4) + £1 booking fee, Theatre
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Anarchy! McLaren Westwood Gang is being released to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the birth of ...
- Linda Jaxson Trio, St Louis Cafe Bar
10 December, 2017
St Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6RD
- Mary Coughlan Sounds in the Suburbs
Friday 7 November, 2017
The Accies Cricket Club, 21 Helensburgh Dr, Glasgow G13 1RR
One of the great privileges of putting on gigs is that you get to promote shows by really outstanding ...
- Swing Sensation Big Band Night, Glasgow University Union, 3 December, 2017
3rd December, 2017 – 7.30 p.m.
University Union, University of Glasgow, 32 University Avenue, G12 8LX
Grab your partner and join Glasgow’s record-breaking dance band, Jon Ritchie’s That Swing Sensation, for a ...
- Glasgow Dynamic City book launch La Bodega,Friday 8 December, 2017
Linda Jackson hosts another book launch at La Bodega, with readings, dance performance and live music. This is Free Entry and will no doubt be booked to the gunnels folks ...
- Music from the time and place of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Queens Cross Church 3 December, 2017
As we approach the 150th anniversary of the birth of one of Glasgow’s greatest creative minds, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, join the Toward Ensemble, under the baton of Paul MacAlindin, in ...
- Sounds in the Suburbs, Various Venues in Glasgow this November, 2017 Sunday 19th November Andy White at The Doublet
Saturday 4th November Hannah Aldridge and her Band @the Glad Cafe Glasgow
Monday 13th Nov Peter Bruntnell Trio @ the Doublet
Friday 17th ...
- Soul Bowl, Dance Party, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 25 November, 2017
Jordanhill Bowling Club, 112 Randolph Road, Glasgow G11 7DU
25 November, 2017 7.30 p.m.
Soul Bowl soul-powered dancefloor delights in the traditional Soul Bowl manner: much-loved Motown, Stax and Atlantic classics. Rare ...
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling Club, 27 October, 2017
Friday 27 October, 2017 7.30 p.m.
Another superfine evening of funk’n’soul dance-jazz grooviness located in and around 1974, from the makers of Soul Bowl. Timeless vintage vinyl 45s hand-spun by seasoned ...
- Jumpers for Goalposts, Debut Single Launch, Fox Star, The Tron, 27 October, 2017
Friday 27 October, 2017 – 8 p.m.
Foxstar records delighted to be releasing debut single by Jumpers for Goalposts. This launch party at the Seven Song Club is a chance to ...
- Bobby Deans supporting Jake Clemons, 02 ABC Tuesday 24 October, 2017
Tuesday 24 October, 2017 7 p.m.
Bobby Deans Supporting Jake Clemons of The legendary E. Street Band, when he stops off at Glasgow’s o2 ABC2 on his solo tour.
Tickets are £12 ...
- platForum, Open Mic Night, Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival, Glasgow 19 October, 2017
Thursday 19 October, 2017 – 7.30p.m.
The Sou’Western Club
20 Corkerhill Gardens, Glasgow G52 1SE
- Sarah Jane Scouten plus Paul Tasker, The Doublet 16 October, 2017
Sounds in the Suburbs at The Doublet, 74 Park Road, G4 9JF
“Drawing upon traditional melodies that almost biologically are instantly singable, but combining them with emotions, sentiments and stories that ...
- Remake, Remodel, Dead Souls of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Stereo, 28 October, 2017
Halloween at Stereo, 22-28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PH
28th 11 p.m. until 29th 3.00 a.m.
£3 Advance Tickets clubremakeremodel.co.uk & Skiddle
This Halloween – Saturday night songs for the dead with all ...
- Halloween Special, Counsel and The View DJ set, Record Factory Byres Road, 28
With Counsel and The View DJset
Halloween at The Record Factory, Byres Road
On door // £7
8 p.m. until 2 a.m.
The Record Factory, 17 Byres Rd, G11 5RD
- CLD Music, Halloween Special, Audio, 31 October, 2017
CLD Halloween Speical Event.
Tuesday 31 October, 2017
David Mark Bulley
14+ event under 14 must be with an adult
Audio, 14 Midland ...
- Flint and Pitch: Reclaim this Script, Paisley Arts Centre,18 October, 2017
Wednesday, 18 October, 2017 – 7.30 p.m.
Paisley Arts Centre, 15 New St, Paisley PA1 1EZ
An evening of spoken word, music and provocations, in association with the Scottish Mental Health Arts ...
- Dancing in the Dark, OranMor, Launch single SMHAFF 2017
danceSing in the dark live : an evening of entertainment at Oran Mor
Sun 8th Oct at 7:30pm – Sun 8th Oct at 11:00pm
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, G12
- Bob Leslie CD Launch, Admiral Bar Glasgow, 19 October, 2017
Launch concert for “Land and Sea” CD, featuring Bob Leslie with Avril Cleland, Kate Kramer, and Wendy Weatherby. Admission by voluntary donation on the night.
Admiral Bar 72a Waterloo Street, Glasgow ...
- Danny Kyle Open Stage, Closing date for applications 30 September, 2017
Interested in playing on stage? Download an application form and return it befor 30 September, 2017
Danny Kyle Open Stage 2017: Application Form (pdf)
The Danny Kyle Open Stage is broadcast live every ...
- The Young ‘Uns, OranMor, 6 October, 2017
6 October, 2017 – The Venue at OranMor
Teesside’s triumphant trio The Young’uns, current holders of BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards coveted “Best Group” title two years running, have proved themselves ...
- Open Mic, Bag o’ Nails, Partick – with Crawford Smith, Thursdays.
Open Mic & Jam Session. Every Thursday night at Bag O Nails, 165 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow G11 6AA>
8.30pm till midnight.
Hosted by Crawford Smith
All performers and music lovers welcome, house ...
- New Season’s Listings Launched at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
(The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland launches a new season of performance with BA Acting students, who star in this year’s festive show, The Jungle Book. From left: Kyle Gardiner, Edward ...
- Dance with Shona, Fundraiser, Whiteinch Community Centre, 21 October, 2017
In support of mental health awareness
8 p.m. until midnight
Saturday, 21 October, 2017
Dance to Paul Taylor (Infinity Parade). Listen to Jim Byrne and Eddie Reid who will lead us ...
- Eleanor McAvoy, The Accies, 5th September, 2017
Glasow Accies Cricket Club, 21 Helensburgh Drive, G13 1RR
Sounds in the Suburbs Facebook
- Filth Spector, Fox Star Records, The Tron, 1 September, 2017
Filth Spector are a high octane psych power trio that specialise in public displays of careless energy, in the pursuit of psycho sonic disonance. Special guests are the Sitar and ...
- Dave Arcari album launch – Live At Memorial Hall
Jim and I had a brilliant time this evening (Thursday, 24 August, 2017) at the Scottish Music Centre for the media launch of Dave Arcari’s new album ‘Live at Memorial ...
- Bridge Music Jazz Quintet with Luca Manning, The Swing, Friday 25 August 2017
Jazz series promoted by promotion body Bridge Music featuring UK and international touring bands and original music from Scottish based jazz ensembles.
Jazz vocalist Luca Manning made his debut at the ...
- Southside Soul, Pollok Ex-Servicemen’s Club, 26 August, 2017
‘We are in for a treat this month with Guest Selectors Chris Wardle and Loraine Williams . Chris is know for travelling for miles to various soul clubs in Scotland ...
- Songwriter Circle, Broadcast, 20 August, 2017
Broadcast, 427 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3LG
Sunday, 20 August, 2017 7.30 p.m.
Following sold out shows at The Hug N Pint and Glad Cafe. The songwriter circle that is Panic Anchor, ...
- Soup Worx Vol2: Soul Food, The Record Factory, Fundraiser for Drumchapel Food Bank, 27 August, 2017
Drumchapel Food Bank X The Record Factory presents – Soup Worx Vol2: Soul Food.
The Record Factory, 17 Byres Road, Glasgow G11 5RD
An all day party packed to the ...
- Sweetheart Revue, Album Launch presented by Fox Star Records, The Tron, 29 September, 2017
Fox Star Records are very proud to be releasing the amazing debut album by ‘The Sweetheart Revue’. With an emphasis on harmony, melody and songs that tells stories, Gerard Sampaio ...
- Open Mic, Sundays, The Old Toll Bar Glasgow
Sunday afternoon Open Mic at The old toll bar Glasgow!
NOW ON FROM 3pm ’til 7pm!
All performers and music lovers welcome.
House guitar, a free drink for ...
- Dave Arcari, Album launch, Broadcast, Glasgow 1 September, 2017
ALT.blues troubadour Dave Arcari launches his new album ‘Live at Memorial Hall’ at this special hometown show.
Special guest is Lucy Zirins. Don’t miss this show!!
1 September, 2017 – 7 ...
- Andrew Robert Eustace Band, Cottiers, 14 September, 2017
14 Sep 2017 – 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
0141 357 5825
Tickets £11.50 (ticket price incl. £1.50 ticket admin fee which will display at the ...
- Stephen Solo – Pii2 album: review by Stephen Watt
“You’re a heat-seeking missile on my tail”, sings Stephen Solo aka Stephen Farrell on his track ‘Slipstream’, taken from his latest album ‘Pii2’ – the follow-up to last year’s ‘Pii’ ...
- Kossof … the band plays on, Cottiers, 7 September, 2017
7 September, 2017 – 7:15 pm – 10:45 pm
Cottiers Theatre, 93 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
Tickets £17.50 Advance/£20 on the Door (Ticket Price inc. ticket admin fee which will display ...
- Michael Simons, 40 years too late, blues, folk and beyond at The Blether Cafe, Glasgow 13 August, 2017
An informal Sunday afternoon concert featuring the acoustic guitaristry of Michael Simons and Tim Black.Their eclectic repertoire ranges from the music of Robert Johnston through to Ry Cooder and Bob ...
- The Shires, Summer Nights at the Bandstand Kelvingrove, 11 August, 2017
The Shires – Kelvingrove Bandstand Glasgow Friday 11 Aug. Plus special guests.
Part of Summer Nights at the Bandstand.
Kelvingrove Bandstand, Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12 8NR
Event on Facebook
- Merchant City Festival: Fox Star at The Tron Live Stage, 29 July, 2017 The Tron Live Music Stage in association with Fox Star Records
Saturday 29 July, 2017 at 12 noon – 8 p.m.
Outside live music stage on the corner of Trongate & Chisholm ...
- Dove Tales, Wednesday 26 July, 2017, Scotia Bar
Come and meet Dove Tales at 7.30pm on Wednesday, 26th July at the Scotia Bar, 112 – 114 Stockwell Street, Glasgow G1 4LW
They will be talking about their aims and ...
- Raging Twilight Album Launch 7July, 2017 – Review by Paul Kerr, Blabber ‘n’ Smoke
‘Jack Law and his henchmen turned in a fine performance to a capacity crowd in the Southside’s Glad Cafe last Friday as they presented their first album to the public. ...
- Cateran: Southerness Album Launch, Fort Theatre, Bishopbriggs , 25 August, 2017
25 August, 2017 p.m.
Cateran are delighted to announce that at long last work is finished on our album, Southerness.
To celebrate the release there will be a launch on ...
- Scottish Fiddle Orchestra, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 September, 2017
Saturday, 2nd September 2017 at 7:30pm
The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra’s return to the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall promises to be a memorable evening filled with lively Scottish jigs and reels, haunting ...
- Fox Star at the Tron Outdoor Stage, Merchant City Festival, Saturday 22 July, 2017
Fox Star at the Tron – Outdoor Stage for Merchant City Festival. In collaboration with the Tron Theatre Bar and Restaurant Fox Star is programming two weekends of live music ...
- Southside Sessions, Sweeney’s on the Park, Gigs, July, 2017
Southside Sessions on Facebook
- TRNSMT Festival Glasgow Green 7 – 9 July, 2017
TRNSMT on Facebook
- Martin Stephenson, Sounds in the Suburbs, Partickhill Bowling Club, 21 July, 2017
Martin Stephenson was born in Durham, in 1961. He formed The Daintees in his teens with the deliberate intention of showcasing a broad range of musical styles.
Debut single ROLL ON ...
- Field Artists Charity Showcase, Art School, 4 August, 2017
Field Artists are proud to be supporting both Paragon Music and Glasgow’s Childrens Hospital Charity with an all star line up of artists represented by the agency.
- Fundraising Concert for Alzheimer Scotland, Stereo Cafe Bar, 19 August, 2017
Featuring Jack Law, The Spyres, Steve Crozier, Jenny Biddle and Quick. This is a great line up with lots of musical variety and should appeal to everyone, as well as ...
- Spangled Cabaret, Queen Margaret Union, 24 July, 2017
Pleased as punch to announce that our next show will be in Jim’s Bar in the QMU!
The Great Aziz
Miss Leggy Pee ...
- Seven Song Club, Therese Martin Band, Fenella, Tron Theatre, 30 June, 2017
Seven Song Club, The Tron, 63 Trongate, G1 5HB
Friday 30 June, 2017
Widely regarded as one of the finest female vocalists around, Therese Martin brings her band to the Seven Song ...
- Weave and Sma’ Shot Day, Paisley, 30th June – 2nd July, 2017
For Scotland’s Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology Paisley’s Sma’ Shot Day will be celebrated with a three-day festival with a wrap-around cultural programme called ‘Weave’. The festival is rooted ...
- Yellow Road Event with Featherwest, Marilyn Carino and Bren Neill, The Glad Cafe, 4 August, 2017
Not to miss with a packed lineup and lots of fun to be had!
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HG
4 August, 2017
Described as “eccentric indietronica meets wonky pop” ...
- Southside Showcase, Sweeneys on the Park, Thursday 29 June, 2017
Thursday 29th June brings to Sweeneys musical delights in the shape of headline act 01Four1, plus support from the excellent Howson, Jam On Planet Love and Michael Reid!
- West End Festival: West End Women, Craft and Design Fair, Hillhead Bookclub, Saturday 24 June, 2017
Hillhead Bookclub, 17 Vinicombe Street, G12 8BE
Saturday 24 Jun 11:00am – 4 p.m.
Amy Mae, Freya Alder and Isabella Bunnell present W(est) E(nd) Women at the Hillhead Bookclub. ...
- West End Festival, Annie Keating plus Paul Tasker, Kelvindale Bowling Club, Friday 23 June, 2017
Kelvindale Bowling Club, 91 Baronald Drive, Glasgow, G12 0HP
Friday 23 Jun 8:00pm
Tickets £12 from Tickets Scotland or email email@example.com
Annie Keating plays an intimate gig at Kelvindale Bowling Club, featuring songs ...
- West End Festival, Bag O’ Nails, Open Mic, 22 June, 2017
Bag O-Nails : Free Feelin Open Stage
Bag O’Nails, 165 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, G11 6AA
Thursday 22 Jun 8:00pm
Hosted by one of Glasgow’s finest musicians, Alan Anderson. Come along and have ...
- British Piano Music: Peter Seivewright, Mackintosh Queen’s Cross,Wed 21 June, 2017
Mackintosh Queen’s Cross
870 Garscube Road, G20 7EL
Wednesday 21 Jun 7:30pm
Tickets £8 in advance, £10 at the door
Join soloist Peter Seivewright for an intriguing recital of British piano ...
- Merzcia, E.P. Launch, Glasgow Jazz Festival, The Hug and Pint, 21 June, 2017
Join Merzcia for the launch of their debut EP as part of this year’s Glasgow Jazz Festival!
Mezcla is a Glasgow-based World Jazz/Fusion ensemble led by bass player David ...
- Mick Hargan, Panic Anchor & Katee Kross, Bishiopbriggs School of Music, 17 June, 2017
Singer Songwriting Circle
Saturday, 17 June, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Bishopbriggs School of Music, 102 Crowhill Road, Huntershill Village, G64 1RP
Following the success of their sold out songwriter circle shows at Hug ...
- ‘The Cobbler’ – The West Coast Single Launch Show, Friday, 13th Note, 16 June, 2017
‘The Cobbler’ – The West Coast Single Launch Show
davesnewbike plus very special guests, Allan Tall and Vince Rodgers
Friday 16th June
13th Note, King Street, Glasgow
- Kittlin Album Launch, West End Festival, 23 June, 2017
Kelvinside Hillhead Church, Saltoun St, Glasgow G12 9AR
23 June, 2017 7.30 p.m.
Part of West End Festival www.westendfestival.co.uk
West End Festival
- Workers Theatre Weekender, Friday Night Cabaret 9 June, 2017
Part of the Workers Theatre Weekender
9 – 11 June, 2017
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, G42 2HG
What better way to welcome our new Labour government/ party away the ...
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3 at The Clutha, 11 June, 2017
The Carlton 3: laid back, easy listening harmonies, with mouthie, mandolin and guitar. Kittlin; songs, storytelling and poetry
Sunday 11 June, 2017 7 p.m.
Event on Facebook
The Clutha, 159 Bridgegate, Glasgow G1 ...
- Solas Festival, The Bield, Tibbermore, near Perth, 23 – 25 June, 2017
Friday 23 – Sunday 25 June | The Bield, Tibbermore, near Perth.
Tickets from £15 – £105. KIDS GO FREE | solasfestival.co.uk
Scotland’s midsummer festival of music and ideas is back, with ...
- Le Thug supporting St Martins, King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, 30 June, 2017
After some time adjusting and writing as a 4 piece Le Thug are happy to announce another gig coming up soon.
At King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut supporting ST.MARTiiNS.
- Cassia / Howson / Mesmerene, Broadcast, 6 June, 017
Scruff of the Neck and Future Promotions presents
“With the likeable Northern charm of Little Comets and the sunny pop vibrancy of Saint Raymond…” – Bitter Sweet Symphonies
- The Indigo Project, Nice n Sleazy, Sunday 4 June, 2017
The Indigo Project, a young indie punk band from Leeds are playing their very first gigs in Scotland(Glasgow’s Nice N Sleazy on 4th June)!
The best kept secret in Music: In ...
- Raging Twilight, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe, Friday 7 July, 2017
Raging Twilight CD on the 7th July 7.30 p.m. at The Glad Cafe.
Support from singer/songwriter Martin Stephen Jones.
Event on Facebook
The Glad Cafe, 1005a Pollokshaws Road, G41 2HG
- The Muse at Finn’s Place, Friday 19 May, 2017
Be entered by two brothers, the writer, J. David Simons, and brother Michael Simons on guitar.
Finn’s Place Langside Curch, 167 Ledard Road, G42 9QU
- Adam Stafford, Reverse Drift CD Launch, Stereo, 29 June, 2017
Adam Stafford live, with special guests.
Thursday 29 June, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Adam Stafford is an experimental pop master. After last year’s Taser Revelations embraced the ‘pop’ end ...
- Aoife O’Donovan, Cottiers, 26 May, 2017
Cottiers, 26 May, 2017
Tickets £16.50 Adults/ £15 Concessions (Ticket Price inc. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought in person ...
- Rachel Ries and Smout plus Reverieme and Miss Irenie Rose, The State Bar, 12 May, 2017
Great triple bill of Rachel Ries and Smout (Her Crooked Heart) plus Reverieme and Miss Irenie Rose
at Sounds in the Suburbs.
The State Bar, Holland Street, Glasgow @suburbs1
- Warren Starry Skies and Friends, West End Festival, Cottiers Sunday, 25 June, 2017
Warren McIntyre plays some new songs at Cottiers Theatre as part of the Glasgow Jazz Festival. The evening will feature a selection of great musicians including Adam Scott, Heather Phillips, ...
- Terry Neason Band, Cottiers Theatre, 1 and 2 June, 2017
Terry Neason Band – Country, Folk ‘n’ Blues
Performance Date: 2 Jun 2017 – 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Cottiers Theatre, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
Tickets £19.50 (Ticket Price inc. ticket ...
- Plug, Annual Showcase of Student Compositions, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland 7 – 12 May, 2017
Switch on for Plug composing showcase
Highlights at Plug
From the Master of the Queen’s Music to the next generation of composers, the Plug festival returns to the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland ...
- Fail Better, Filthy Spy Pigs Party at McChuills, 11 May, 2017
Grab your finest baton and get downl…
McChuills, 40 High Street, G1 1 NL
SUICIDAL BABY WHALES
- Scottish Writers’ Centre, CCA, Ten Writers Telling Lies, Tuesday 9 May, 2017
Tue 9 May 2017
7pm, Free (unticketed), Clubroom
0141 352 4900
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration between a group of storytellers and poets, and the singer-songwriter, Jim Byrne. ...
- Madison Violet, CCA, Glasgow, Saturday 13 May, 2017.
Madison Violet Touring Ireland & UK May 2017
For those who don’t know Madison Violet, it all began in 1999 when Brenley MacEachern and Lisa MacIsaac met over coffee and omelettes, ...
- Sunday Sessions at Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick, Glasgow
Last Sunday of every month
Siempre Bicycle Cafe, 162 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6XE
Mark and Traffic Cone Records bring you local phenomenal talent. Check out previous gigs: Siempre Sunday Sessions and ...
- Spangled Cabaret, Fox Star Club, Argyll Hotel, 8 May, 2017
Spangled Cabaret, back at the FOX STAR CLUB for a night of alternative variety.
This month featuring :
MARKEE DE SAW & BERT FINKLE
OBIE THE COMEDIAN
- David F. Ross, The Man Who Loved Islands, Admiral Bar, Thursday, 20 April, 2017
On Thursday night 20 April , …with Bobby Bluebell, Alistair Braidwood, Losing Ground and Dave Ross.
Hope to see you there.
Celebrating the launch of The Man Who Loved Islands by ...
- Rebecca Pronsky, The Doublet, Park Road, Monday 17 April, 2017
The Doublet, Park Road, Glasgow West End – near Kelvinbridge Underground
The fabulous Brooklyn based Rebecca Pronsky and Rich Bennet plus Jessica Cosslet play the Doublet Bar in Park Road Glasgow.
- Mayfesto, Tron Theatre, Glasgow, 9 – 31 May, 2017
The Tron, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
9-31 MAY 2017
Now very firmly fixed in the cultural calendar, Mayfesto is amini-festival of edgy and provocative new work – and this year’s ...
- The Great May Day Cabaret, OranMor, 1 May, 2017
Another stellar line-up for the sixth annual Great May Day Cabaret celebrating International Workers’ Day and the May Day holiday.
This year’s headliners are the acclaimed and award-winning Edinburgh-based ...
- TeenCanteen ‘Sirens’ E.P. review by Stephen Watt
The featherless daughters of river Gods distressed hordes of men at sea who were besotted by sweet songs and fabled charms which fatally lured them to their deaths. Applying a ...
- Seven Star Club, Mosa Funk Club, Eddie Beggan and Daffy, 28 April, 2017
The Mosa Funk Club is a funky collective from the heart of the east end. Eddie Beggan is a widely respected singer songwriter and great to have him back at ...
- Russkaya Cappella’s Summer Concert ‘The Centenary of the Revolution, Hyndland Parish Church, Sunday 11th June 2017
Part of West End Festival 2017
Russkaya Cappella’s Summer Concert ‘The Centenary of the Revolution: Music from the Time of the Earthquake’
Sunday 11th June 2017, 7.30pm
Hyndland Parish Church, 79 Hyndland Road, ...
- Eriska, Cottiers Theatre, 14 April, 2017 Cottiers,
14 Apr 2017 – 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Eriska – with Gazing and Triptych
Eriska is a six-piece Glasgow-based folk band established in 2016.
The band’s lineup includes members from the ...
- The Colour of Whisky + Roseanne Reid, The State Bar, 31 March, 2017
Yellowroom Music presents:
The Colour of Whisky & Roseanne Reid
General Admission (e-ticket)
£5.00 (+£1.00 S/C)
“If ABBA wrote folk songs…”
No member of The Colour of Whisky ...
- Fail Better: Once More With Feeling, McChuills, 13 April, 2017
Almost all music this month, come dance and be danced with in dark cavern of McChuills…
THE BLACK DOVES
and the whole ...
- Last Open Mic at Rio Cafe with host Paul Ross, 30 March, 2017
The last open mic at Rio
Thursday 30 March, 2017 – 9 p.m.
Rio Cafe, 27 Hyndland Street, G11 5QF
Event on Facebook
- Raging Twilight, Lambhill Stables, Friday, 7th April, 2017
Looking forward to returning to the Stables and meeting old friends. It’s full of friendly people who enjoy good music. Get there early if you want a seat. Tickets £7:00 ...
- Eugene Kelly and Special Guests, Seven Song Club, Tron Theatre, 31 March,2017
Rare solo show from the mighty Eugene Kelly (Vaselines / Eugenius), playing a selection of his amazing songs – old and new.
The Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, G1 5HB
Event on Facebook
- Yellow Movement Sundays, McChuills, Sunday 26 March 2017
The Well Happy Band
Dougie Smith (Mickey 9s)
Abi Normal (El FailBetter)
+ More TBA
The Dydon Foo Honk Experience shall be keeping the party going after ...
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, Saturday 25 March, 2017
Sixties soul for dancing people of all ages! Strictly in the vinyl 45rpm manner! Crafted by the Motown immortals and the legends of Stax! Hand-spun for your delight by time-served ...
- Last Night From Glasgow, 1st birthday bash, Stereo, 30 March, 2017
Buy tickets online
Stereo Cafe Bar, 22-28 Renfield Ln, Glasgow G2 6PH
- Nothin’ But Blue Skies, Jazz Choir Scotland, Cottiers Theatre, 9 April, 2017
April 9, 2017 – Easy Listening Music in the afternoon: 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Tickets £11.50 (ticket price inc. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable ...
- Brigitte DeMeyer and Will Kimbrough, Friday 24 March, 2017, Argyll Hotel, Glasgow
Friday 24 March, 2017 – Doors 7.30 p.m.
Very excited about this show, new acts to SoundsintheSuburbs a new venue and will be part of the Fox Star Club. So lots ...
- Motown Tribute Night and Dinner at OranMor, 12 May, 2017
Motown Brothers are one of a few funky but sophisticated with an African twist groups currently in the UK. The group consists of 3 members with an average of 25 ...
- Duncan McCrone Band, House Concert at Celtic Music Radio Kinning Park, 8 April, 2017
Duncan, Cy and Jim play an intimate house concert (max 40 people) at the Celtic Music Radio studios in Kinning Park.
Admission by donation (min £10)
54 Admiral Street, Kinning Partick, ...
- BBC6 Music Festival Fringe, Spangled Cabaret, The Britannia Panopticon Music Hall, 22 March, 2017
Glasgow’s longest running monthly alternative cabaret night comes to the world’s oldest surviving music hall as part of the BBC 6 Music Festival Fringe!
- Celebrate Rachel Corrie’s Life with Open Mic and Communal Singing, Glasgow Autonomous Space, Thursday, 16 March, 2017
Celebration of Rachel Corrie’s life on the anniversary of her death.
Rachel Corrie was an American peace activist killed in Gaza in 2003 by Israeli forces whilst she was ...
- Stevie Nimmo Trio, Cottiers Theatre,10 Mar 2017
10 Mar 2017 – 7:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Tickets £14 (Ticket Price inc. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought ...
- Fail Better Be Excellent To Each Other, McChuills, 9 March, 2017
McChuills, 40 High Street, G1 1NL
Thursday, 9 March, 2017 – 8 p.m.
New songs old faces from: EARTHWIRES
HEIR OF THE CURSED: shatters the soul with music
- Yellowroom Music presents: The Colour of Whisky & Roseanne Reid, The State Bar, 31 March, 2017
Yellowroom Music presents:
The Colour of Whisky & Roseanne Reid
General Admission Buy Buy e-ticket)
£5.00 (+£1.00 S/C)
The State Bar, 148 Holland Street, G2
“If ABBA wrote ...
- Lynnie Carson with Craig Douglas, King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut Thurs 9th March
Since becoming a full time musician Lynnie Carson has been touring Scotland. Playing weddings & pub gigs has become her bread & butter. However, she is now back with a ...
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Gleneagles Gala Concert City Halls, Fri 17th March,
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Gleneagles Gala Concert
Fri 17th March, City Halls, Candleriggs, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G1 1NQ
RCS Symphony Orchestra
Sir James MacMillan & Garry Walker Conductors
Timothy Dean Director
Junior Conservatoire Choir
- Dave Arcari Live Recording, Buchanan Memorial Hall, Saturday 4 March, 2017
Dave Arcari performing a special show – a live recording with a view to releasing a live album later in 2017.
Special guest Lee Patterson: Live will play a warm-up ...
- West End Fiesta at West End Festival, Kelvingrove Bandstand, 11 June, 2017
**WEST END FIESTA IS BACK FOR IT’S SECOND YEAR IN 2017**
Sunday 11 June, 2017
The West End Festival Fiesta is back for it’s second year, bigger and better than before! 2016’s ...
- Jeff Finlin and Clive Barnes, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Sunday 19 February, 2017
Sunday 19 February – Jeff Finlin and Clive Barnes, who played a great set with Peter Bruntnell last year at Sounds in the Suburbs, return to Woodend.
These are two exceptional ...
- Magners Summer Nights at The Bandstand 2017, Kelvingrove, 2 – 13 August, 2017
Wednesday 2 August – Texas
Thursday 3 August – Brian Wilson
Friday 4 August – KT Tunstall
Sunday 6 August – Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Monday 7 August ...
- Little Fire, Live at the Panopticon, EP Launch ‘Origin’, 1 April, 2017
So right before I go to sing in New York in April I’m launching my new EP ‘Origin’, at the world’s oldest surviving music hall!
The venue is the ...
- King Creosote, Old Fruitmarket, Celtic Connections 2017 review by Pauline Keightley
King Creosote, aka Kenny Anderson, from Fife and his nine piece band brightened up the Old Fruitmarket stage on Friday, 27 January, 2017.
The top quality band, who were made up ...
- Brook Williams, Sounds in the Suburbs, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, 8 February, 2017
8 February, 2017
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club
First gig is on the 8th of February at Woodend is the wonderful and very charming Brooks Williams paying a regular visit back to ...
- Johns Browns Live Sunday Sessions February, 2017
John Browns, 1-3 Chalmers Sreet, G81 1RT
John Browns on on Facebook
- Promised Land Sound, Mono, Friday 3 February, 2017 – Support Warren McIntyre and The Starry Skies
Promised Land Sound (Paradise Of Bachelors)
Friday 3rd February
EWO & El Rancho present…
Promised Land Sound
Support from Warren McIntyre and The Starry Skies
Promised Land Sound, Nashville’s finest purveyors of febrile ...
- Pirates of Paradise, The Rio Cafe, Saturday 28 January, 2017
Join the Pirates for a night of high octane songs! Taking ye over the seas of Swing, Rock ‘N’ Roll, Jazz and Blues!
The Rio Cafe, 27 Hyndland Street, G11 5QF
- Alex Harvey Day, Ivory Blacks, 4 February, 2017
A celebration of Glasgow Legend Alex Harvey, with music from The SAHB Experience, and Punk Rockers FIRE EXIT..
Ivory Black, 56 Oswald Street, G1 4PL
Event on Facebook
- Celtic Connections Hazy Recollections 5 February, 2017
5 February, 2017 – 2.00p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
O2ABC Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Once again, for your Sunday afternoon listening pleasure, Findlay Napier curates three fabulously disparate five-act bills, collectively ...
- Linda Jaxson with Not Proven at Cottiers, 23 February, 2017
The songstress Linda Jaxson will be performing with Not Proven at Cottiers on Thursday, 23 February, 2017
Linda has 5 albums of music, including many original songs out there, has been ...
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland – Spring /Summer Season 2017
Curtain rises on thrilling new spring/summer season at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland – January until June, 2017
Performances, masterclasses, festivals and talks … the stage is set for a spectacular ...
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, Saturday 28 January, 2017
Sixties soul for dancing people of all ages! Strictly in the vinyl 45rpm manner! Crafted by the Motown immortals! Spun by time-served experts! Convivial company! Cheap drink! Suburban setting! No ...
- The Bevvy Sisters with The Jerry Cans at Celtic Connections, St Luke’s, 27 January, 2017
Despite their timeless vocal magic, 2016 marks a decade since Edinburgh harmony combo The Bevvy Sisters first joined forces, and they celebrate tonight in suitably sumptuous style. Back in St ...
- OranMor, Celtic Connections Listings 2017
Celtic Connections is the largest annual winter music festival of its kind and the UK’s premier celebration of Celtic music.
A major musical event with 2,100 artists • 300 events • ...
- Celtic Connections: The Transports, Royal Concert Hall, 25 January, 2017
Some of the UK’s finest folk stars are uniting in a 40th anniversary revival of Peter Bellamy’s most revered work, The Transports this month, which includes a performance at the ...
- Fail Better. Last Year’s Chips – collection for Drumchapel Foodbank, McChuills, 12 January, 2017
No chips, no Utopia, no ends of worlds, nada. But plenty of hings at Fail Better… this month we have…
- Celtic Connections: Kirsty Law Young Night Thought, Part 1 – 31 January, 2017
Strathclyde Suite, Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, G2
31 January, 2017 – 8pm
This show invites the audience to come and witness the opening chapter of Kirsty ...
- Nathaniel Gow’s Dance Band: Ceilidh Nights at Òran Mór 23 January and 27 March, 2017
Nathaniel Gow’s Dance Band: Ceilidh Nights at Òran Mór
Party like it’s 1799! Celebrate the roots of ceilidh dancing in tunes and dances from 18th-century Scotland.
Nathaniel Gow’s Dance Band: Ceilidh ...
- The Primevals, Combat Rock, Carlton Jug Band, McChuills, Friday 10 February, 2017
10 February, 2017 7 p.m. – 12 a.m.
McChuills, 40 High Street G1 1 NL
Event on Facebook
- Overhaul, Ivory Blacks, 14 January, 2016
First concert of 2017 and first concert since 2014 and first concert with Mintit Promotions.
Let’s make this a great little night.
Event on Facebook
56 Oswald Street, Glasgow G1 4LP
- Dumb Instrument with special guests Djana Garbrielle / Martha L. Healy, Seven Song Club, Friday 27 January, 2017
Dumb Instrument with special guests Djana Garbrielle / Martha L. Healy
Seven Song Club
The Tron, 63 Trongate, G1 5HB
Friday 27 January, 2017
Event on Facebook
- Sounds in the Suburbs present James King and the Lone Wolves + The Veloninos, CCA, 14 January, 2017
Sat 14 January 2017
7.30pm, £12 + £1 booking fee, Theatre
Book online / 0141 352 4900
James Kind and the Lone Wolves
Nowadays, the Lone Wolves guitars resonate like Tom Verlaine ...
- Hogmanay at OranMor, 31 December, 2016
Hogmanay in The Club Room at Òran Mór!
Bring in the bells with DJ Bobby Bluebell from 10.30pm
Tickets £15 available from the bar or Ticketweb
- The SAHB Experience End of Tour, Christmas Show, 02 ABC 30 December, 2016
Friday 30 December, 2016
O2 ABC, 300 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3JA
The SAHB Experience will be performing their final show of their ‘Christmas Shows’ Scottish Tour in their hometown and ...
- Overhaul at Ivory Black’s, 14 January, 2017
Our first concert of 2017, our first concert since 2014. This is also our first concert with Mintit Promotions and I do believe this is their first official concert. So ...
- Spiders On Mars, The Hard Rock Cafe, 6 January, 2017
The Spiders will play their first gig of 2017 in The Hard Rock Glasgow playing David Bowie’s Favourite classic tunes.
Tickets from The Hard Rock Cafe website
Event on Facebook ...
- Poptabulous Hogmanay at Rio Cafe, 31 December, 2016
Poptabulous Hogmanay at The Rio cafe!
DJ Paul Puppet (Scunner) keeps it upbeat & uplifting with a mix of pop/soul/funk/punk/glam/disco/electroswing/rock ‘n’ roll/ska/synthpop/indie/new wave/soundtracks & more!
Get down early to avoid ...
- Hogmanay Hootenanny, The Butterfly and Pig South Side with Howlin’ Radio, 31 December, 2016
The biggest Southside Sessions gig of the year!
The Butterfly and Pig Suthside
31 December, 2016
Hosted by Howlin’ Radio, featuring guest appearances from musical friends old and new.
- Howlin Radio, The Clutha Bar, 18 December, 2016
Howlin’ Radio return to the world famous Clutha Bar on Sunday 18th December. It’s the first time back in over 3 years and we hope you can all join us! ...
- It’s A Wonderful Life, GFT, 15 – 24 December, 2016
It’s A Wonderful Life
15 – 24 December, 2016
Frank Capra’s 1946 Christmas classic follows the tribulations of small town everyman George Bailey (James Stewart), who, at the end of his luck ...
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate, 21 December, 2016
Drygate, 85 Drygate Street, G4 OUT
21 December, 2016 – 7 p.m.
Naturally, this month’s Sonnet Youth is an Xmas special with a wee post SY knees-up until midnight! Tunage will come ...
- Misadventures and the Cinnamon Girls, Sikorski Polish Club, Friday 16 December, 2016
Last minute gig announcement! This Friday (16th December) Cinnamon Girls and Misadventures are joining forces to help banish the 2016 blues and get y’all in the festive mood. Playing in ...
- Chamber Music in the Round, The Drake Bar, 7 December, 2016
Final Concert of 2016 – featuring a delight of the Christmas season – Corelli’s “Christmas Concerto”.
1 Lynedoch Street, Glasgow G3 6EF
Musicians play “in the round’ so you are ...
- Christmas Concert, Glasgow Phoenix Choir, Glasgow Concert Hall 9 December, 2016
Glasgow Phoenix Choir returns to The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall on Friday 9th December for their annual heart-warming Christmas Concert. Joined by their very special guests The Co-op Funeralcare Band ...
- Southside Christmas Party, Beechings, 2 December, 2016
To celebrate the recent expansion of the Southside Sessions into the Merrylee, Cathcart and Muirend areas, you’re invited to join us at Beechings bar (34 Clarkston Road) for this years ...
- Howlin Radio at The Bank, Saturday 26 November, 2016
Howlin Radio are proud to help launch a new programme of regular live music events at The Bank Cafe Bar in Muirend.
Join them on Saturday 26th November for ...
- Weyes Blood and Alistair Ogilvie, Hug and Pint, Friday 25 November, 2016
Hug and Pint, 171 Great Western Road, G4 9AW
Friday 25 November, 2016 – 7.30 p.m.
The first thing you notice about Weyes Blood’s new album, Front Row Seat to Earth, is ...
- Rare Groove Band, Rio Cafe, Saturday 26 November, 2016
Saturday 26 November, 2016 – 9 p.m.
RGB are imbued with the spirit of SOUL/JAZZ/FUNK/DISCO /HIP HOP
and will guarantee you a right rollicking time!
The Rio Cafe, 27 Hyndland St, Glasgow ...
- Rebecca Hosking and Alan Anderson Nova Scotia Folk Club, Fort Theatre, Bishopbriggs 23 November, 2016
Wednesday 23 November, 2016 – 7.30 p.m.
Nova Scotia Folk Club runs every Wednesday at the Fort Theatre Bishopbriggs with the exception of 30 November and 7 November 2016 with each ...
- Scotland for Haiti, Fundraiser, Sugar Dumplin Restaurant, 27 November, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016 5:00 PM – 8:00
Sugar Dumplin, Princes Sq, 48 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 3JN
Come and celebrate 50 years of Barbados Independence at this second fundraiser for Haiti, ...
- Twenty five years of sleaze – Nice n Sleazy, Acoustic Afternoon, Sunday 27 November, 2016
Sunday 27 November, 2016 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
To celebrate Nice’n’Sleazy turning 25 and The Acoustic Night in it’s 19th year we thought we would celebrate these landmarks with inviting ...
- Gavin Paterson and The Clancy Sessions Band, CD Launch, Foodbank Fundraiser, The Admiral, 7 December, 2016
Wednesday 7 December, 2016 7.30 p.m.
The Admiral Bar
This is the big one……Our first proper ‘concert’. Tracks from the CD and much more. All Clancy/Makem songs, all newly arranged. There ...
- Michael Simons, The Glad Cafe, Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Michael Simons (guitar, vocals) and Tim Black (guitar,mandolin,banjo and vocals) in concert with special guests John MacNamarra (drums) and support from Max Hutchison.
Join us for an evening of eclectic ...
- The Panopticon Esperanza, Fundraiser, Classic Grand, 19 November, 2016
The Panopticon Fundraiser
19th November 12pm – 20th November 3am
A day and night of live music, cabaret, musicians, burlesque & much more!
All Day 12pm-3am
Buy tickets online
The Classic Grand, ...
- Helen Lothian and The McOpera Ensemble, Hyndland Parish Church, Saturday 3 December, 2016
Helen Lothian and The McOpera Ensemble
Hyndland Parish Church, Glasgow G12 9JE
An exciting line up of performers , including Helen Lothian (Soprano ), Derek ...
- Carlton Live at The Coyote Bar, Mondays from 7 November, 2016
The Coyote Whisky Bar, 72 Howard Street, Glasgow G1 4EQ
First Monday of the month, Carlton Studios presents Carlton Live Sessions@ Coyote Bar. November features ‘Acting Strange’, pop, rock, Indiie, ‘ramshackle, ...
- George Duff, Kevin McLeod and Leo McCann. Partick Folk Club, Friday 25 November, 2016
This month’s guests at Partick Folk Club on Friday 25th November are superb singer/guitarist George Duff, mandolin/bouzouki player from The Occasionals Kevin McLeod and renowned Northern Irish box player Leo ...
- Linda Jaxson, Cottiers, 26 January, 2017
Cottiers, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
Linda Jaxson is a songstress and renowned as blues singer who also likes to work in and out of rock and country (with ...
- Eleanor McEvoy and Mary Kathleen Burke, The Glad Cafe, Tuesday 15 November, 2016
An intimate and up close evening with the iconic Irish singer songwriter, with special guest Mary K Burke.
Advance tickets available from www.tickets-scotland.com and Young’s Interesting Books, Skirving ...
- Sarah MacDougall & Ben Kunder, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Wednesday 23 November, 2016
Sarah MacDougall & Ben Kunder
Ireland & UK Tour · November-December 2016
Wed 23 November, 2016 8 p.m.
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, 30 Chamberlain Road Jordanhill Glasgow G13 1QE
- Warren McIntyre and the Starry Skies, EP Launch, CCA, 4 November, 2016
Launch party for record new Starry Skies EP ‘Lost on the Other Side’. Produced by Johnny Smillie and Stevie Jackson at Banchory and La Chunkie studios.
MC Paul Puppet of ...
- The Shiverin’ Sheiks, The Rio Partick, 12 November, 2016
Very pleased to announce a show on the 12th November from the kings of Bombastic 50’s pop, Country Gospel, Dancefloor Rock ‘n’ Roll and Doo Wop…………..THE SHIVERIN’ SHEIKS!!!
Saturday 12 November, ...
- Clann an Drumma, Fundraiser in aid of Motor Neurone Disease Scotland, Clydebank Town Hall, 21 January, 2017
Clann an Drumma are hosting a fundraising evening in aid of Motor Neurone Disease Scotland
or via performers or ClannAnDrumma Facebook
- Celtic Connections 2017 – Tickets now on Sale (27 October, 2016)
The programme for Celtic Connections 2017 has now been revealed! View the line-up & buy tickets at: www.celticconnections.com
Eighteen days of concerts, ceilidhs, talks, art exhibitions, workshops, free events, late night ...
- Linda Jaxson, St Louis, Partick, Friday October, 28, 2016
Rescheduled gig from October 7th.
St Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6RD
- Neon Poltergeist, E.P. Launch 27 October, 2016 – New Hellfire Club
Dumbarton based poet Stephen Watt and Different Circle’s in-house producer/engineer Gareth McNicol have collaborated under the banner Neon Poltergeist to produce a macabre themed EP titled 55.862670 -4.231142 for halloween ...
- Arika Episode 8: Refuse Powers’ Grasp, Tramway 21 – 23 October, 2016
Film, Performance, Participation
Friday 21 October – Sunday 23 October
Pay what you can, no booking required
Is there a link between how we’re divided into populations that can be caged and exiled by the ...
- Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival 2016
‘Time’ is the theme for the 2016 Festival, the very special 10th year, which will take place in venues across Scotland from 10th – 31st October.
The Scottish Mental ...
- Music Café, Every Thursday Royal Concert Hall until 15 December, 2016
Music Café is back!
Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY
Join us on a Thursday afternoon from 1-2pm for tea, coffee, cake & live music! We have a fantastic ...
- Red Onions Are Actually Purple, Fundraiser for The Sindigo Foundation, Fail Better, McChuills 20 October, 2016
Celebrating the wonder that was Sarah ‘Sindigo’ Simpson
20 October, 2016– 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
McChuills, 40 High Street G1 1NL
She rocked every stage she stood ...
- Sounds in the Suburbs, Glasgow Gigs, Autumn/Winter 2016-2017
Tuesday 18th Oct Austin Lucas and The Dreaming Spires @Broadcast
Thursday 3rd Nov Kim Edgar @Woodend
Saturday 5th Nov – Kiki Dee and Carmelo Luggeri (SOLD OUT)@Woodend
Sunday 13th Nov ...
- Ben Ottewell support Civic Pride, The Record Factory, 15 October, 2016
The Record Factory, 17 Byres Rd, Glasgow G11 5RD
15 October, 2016
As a singer and lead guitarist in rock band Gomez, Ben Ottewell is well known for his unmistakable
voice and ...
- The Face On The Moon, Record Factory Byres Road 29 October, 2016
29 October, 06 – 7.30 p.m
Come along and give these talented local musicians the support they deserve.
Tickets £5 (£7 on door) from all band members, this includes FREE ...
- Seven Song Club, Misadventures, Gerry Lyons and Scunner 14 October, 2016
Friday 14 October, 2016 8 p.m.
Misadventures are a band who sound like they woke up in the Grand Ole Opry after ...
- Spangled Cabaret, The Rio Cafe, Monday 10 October, 2016
The Rio Cafe
10 October, 2016 8.30 p.m.
The monthly alternative variety night, this month featuring:
Kevin P. Gilday
Miss Leggy Pee
Scunner – songs of the electric wizard
- David Rovics with Lorna McKinnon and Guests The Rum Shack Tuesday 11 October, 2016
Thursday, 11 October, 2016 – 7.30 p.m. – 11.30 p.m.
Join us in the Southside for an evening of political poetry and song with legendary American anarchist ...
- Kat Healy, Little Fire and James Edwyn, The Hug and Pint, 4 October, 2016
Edinburgh based singer songwriter Kat Healy will perform songs from her new EP ‘Wolf’, accompanied by her band on cello, keys, and guitars.
“This is one Wolf you do ...
- Music Against Homelessness, Classic Grand, Saturday 1 October, 2016. Music Against Homelessness, Classic Grand, Saturday 1 October, 2016.
- Stars of the Lid, OranMor, Thursday 6 October, 2016
Thu, 06 October, 2016 at 7:00pm
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8QX.
Since forming in 1993, Stars of the Lid (one of the most apropos names in all of ...
- Glasgow Americana 2016: 5 – 9 October, 2016
Blue Rose Code plus Roseanne Reid
Wednesday 5th October 2016
St Andrew’s In The Square Glasgow
Tickets £14 from 0141 204 5151
Doors 7.30pm, 8pm start
6th October 2016: Norrie ...
- Glasgow Festival of Americana 2016 at CCA, 8 –9 October, 2016 Glasgow Americana 5 – 9 October, 2016
Sat 8 October – Sun 9 October 2016
Gigs: £14 + £1
Tickets and full programme
0141 352 4900
Roddy Hart, Boo Hewerdine & Ben ...
- Reverieme The Glad Cafe 14 October, 2016 with Crawford Smith
14 October, 2016
Reverieme is Louise Connell, which is moot because you don’t know who that is (it’s also a made-up word, and an as-yet hypothetical household appliance brand ...
- Club Uprising, 22 October, 2016 Stereo
**** DISCO, HOUSE & TECHNO ****
**** DJs Michael Bleazard, Beat Mongrel & VJ Mofis ****
**** Entry £8 (£5 students) ****
Stereo, 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, ...
- Have Mercy Las Vegas – St Peter’s Blues EP, 21 October 2016 review Stephen Watt
St Peter’s EP launch at Cottiers Theatre, 20 October 2016
St Peter’s Blues – review Stephen Watt
Contemporary folk music does not generally arrive in a better package than the compositions ...
- The Ettrick Weekender with Daddy Naggins, Clann An Drumma, Eddie Reid, Jim Byrne, Alan Cranney and Les Johnson Sunday 25 September, 2016 4 p.m. till late
It’s party time at The Ettrick, 159 Dumbarton Rd, Old Kilpatrick G60 5JQ
Sunday 25 September from 4 p.m. until late.
Ettrick OK September Weekender Sunday 25th 4pm til Late. ...
- Matt Andersen OranMor 14 October, 2016
Award-winning Canadian soul-blues artist Matt Andersen announces solo October UK tour, including Òran Mór, Glasgow on Friday October 14, in support of his widely acclaimed new album Honest ...
- Mothers Ruin, The Cave, Paisley Friday 23 September, 2016.
Mothers Ruin have a late booking to play The Cave in Paisley this Fri 23rd Sept….we are on around 9.0 hope some of you can make it along….
REMEMBER FOLKS…..KEEP ...
- Robyn Hitchcock CCA, Saturday 29 October, 2016
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Saturday 29 October 19:30
£13.50 Entry Requirements: 18+
General Admission (e-ticket)
£13.50 (+£1.35 S/C)
Robyn Hitchcock is one of England’s most enduring contemporary singer/songwriters and live performers. A ...
- Finsbay, Open Mic, Thursdays, Milngavie – host Mic Clark
Thursdays (starts 6 October, 2016)
The eagerly awaited launch date for our open mic night is finally here. Thursday 6th October from 9.30pm then every Thursday afterwards. Hosted by the ...
- Oidhche Americana CCA 16 September, 2016 CCA
7.30 p.m. 16 September, 2016
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
- Scott Wood Band, The Hug and Pint, 2 October, 2016
171 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G4 9AW
- Calum Ingram at Fika Friday 16 September, 2016
7 Keith Street, G11 8QQ
Following on from his clinic in the afternoon — >
– Calum will be performing with his band for a special performance at Fika.
- Vinny Peculiar, Broadcast Thursday 22 September, 2016
Cult singer-songwriter @Vinny Peculiar.
Broadcast in Glasgow on Thursday 22nd September and The Speakeasy in the Voodoo Rooms in Ednburgh on Friday 23rd September.
Support in Glasgow comes from the ...
- The Wakes, Album Launch – support Loki, Classic Grand Sunday 25 September, 2016
Guaranteed to be a great night. Four acts, one space. The Wakes (launching their new CD), Loki, Dave Hughes and me and The Clancy Sessions Band. All for £7.
- The Sound of Sleaze, Nice n Sleazy, 12 September, 2016
Birthday Part – 8 p.m. Monday 12 September, 2016
The Acoustic Night 19th Birthday Party – Free.
Nice n Sleazy, 421 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3LG
- Graham Parker & Brinsley Schwarz, OranMor, Fri, 16 September, 2016
Fri, 16 September, 2016 at 7:00pm
Graham Parker has worked with guitarist Brinsley Schwarz since 1975 when they first met and rehearsed together in a band that became known as Graham ...
- Josh Kelley, OranMor, Monday 12 September, 2016
Mon, 12 September, 2016 at 7:00pm
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
“I feel like I’m reinventing myself on this album,” Josh Kelley says of New Lane Road, his first new release ...
- Swans, OranMor, 11 October, 2016
Tue, 11 October, 2016 at 7:00pm
Swans are: Michael Gira, Norman Westberg, Christoph Hahn, Phil Puleo, Thor Harris, Christopher Pravdica.
Buy online at Ticketweb
08444 771 000
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, ...
- Linda Jaxson Big Band at St Louis, Thornwood, Friday 7 October, 2016 St Louis Cafe´Bar, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G11 6RDwww.lindajaxson.com
- Glasgow Open Mic for Songwriters, Gallery of Modern Art, Last Thursday Every Month 5:15pm till 7:30pm.Open Mic Specifically for Song Writers – a platform to showcase your original material in a quiet environment, where people listen to the music.Come along to GOMA – ...
- Tenth Anniversary of Opening of Refubished Kelvingrove with Angel Blue and RSNO Music at the Museum with American Soprano Angel BlueFriday 16 September and Saturday 17 SeptemberOne of Scotland’s most popular visitor attractions celebrates its tenth anniversary of the completion of a ...
- Spangled Cabaret, Rio Cafe, Monday September 12, 2016 The Rio Cafe, 27 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5QFMonthly alternative variety : The Creative Martyrs Markee De Saw & Bert Finkle Kim Khaos The Guru Gabriel Featherstone & ...
- Dave Arcari, Balmaha’s Braw Weekend, 1 October, 2016 The Oak Tree Inn, Balmaha, Glasgow G63 0JQDave Arcari plays Balmaha’s Braw Weekend along with Have Mercy Las Vegas, Miracle Glass Company & Mark McGowan. The Saturday night music is ...
- Tenement Trail Inner City Festival, 8 October, 2016 SCOTLAND’S LARGEST INNER-CITY MUSIC FESTIVAL TENEMENT TRAIL ADDS 15 NEW BANDS AND 9TH VENUE TO 2016 FESTIVAL LINE-UP 9 venues | 12+ hours of music | 50+ bands Buy tickets Scotland’s biggest ...
- Peter Bruntnell and the Wynntown Marshals, 13 Note, Friday 2 September, 2016 And the night before at the 13th Note Peter Bruntnell and his band plus the Wynntown Marshals.“PETER Bruntnell, the singer-songwriter frequently described as one of British music’s best-kept secrets, plays ...
- Sounds in the Suburbs Rod Picott plus the Doghouse Roses at Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club Always great when a very popular and highly talented act returns to Woodend. And on Saturday 3rd Sept we see the return of Rod Picott plus the Doghouse Roses at ...
- Gem Andrews Band, 23 September, 2016, The State Gem Andrews Band, 23 September, 2016, The State
- Calum Ingram at Fika, Cello Clinic and Performance 16 September, 2016 Calum Ingram is back in Glasgow to present a rare, one off clinic & intimate proformance in his home town. The acclaimed contemporary cellist singer songwriter, who has performed ...
- Austin Lucas and The Dreaming Spires, Broadcast, 18 October, 2016 Austin Lucas and The Dreaming SpiresBroadcastTuesday 18 October, 2016 7 p.m.A double bill of Americana featuring Austin Lucas from Bloomington Indianna USA, and Oxford’s ‘The Dreaming Spires’No one ever said ...
- Southside Sessions: Tommy Bentz Band at Sweeney’s, Friday 9 September, 2016 The fantastic Tommy Bentz band are back in the UK for a whirlwind tour and we’re delighted to be hosting them at Sweeney’s On The Park on Friday 9th September! ...
- Poetry, West Brewery Bar and Restaurant, Tuesday 6 September, 2016 COME EAST TO WEST on Tuesday 6th September, at West Brewery Bar and Restaurant in The Hop Room at 7.30, FREE Bringing poetry and music to Glasgow’s East End, ...
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, OranMor, Thursday 6 October, 2016 Buy tickets at TicketwebOranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12.
- Gavin Paterson and The Clancy Sessions Band, Blackfriars Saturday 4 September, 2016 First Full GigGavin Paterson and The Clancy Sessions Band, Blackfriars Saturday 4 September, 2016‘This will be our first full gig. We’ve been rehearsing full-on for the past wee while and ...
- The Coal Porters Thursday 15th Sept. 2016 Woodend Bowling Club/Sounds In The Suburbs The Coal Porters Thursday 15th Sept.Woodend Bowling Club/Sounds In The SuburbsDoors 8.00pm Tickets: £10 (adv) £12 (door). Box Office: Alan 07944354459 firstname.lastname@example.org The Coal Porters – Album No. 6September 2016 UK ...
- Linda Jaxson sings Billie Holiday, La Bodega, 3 September, 2016 Billie Holid Linda Jaxson sings Billie Holiday, La Bodega, 3 September, 2016 Billie Holid
- Boully Punk Reunion, John Browns, Clydebank, Saturday 20 August, 2016 This year sees 40 years since the musical phenomenon known as Punk Rock appeared on the landscape and the impact of this both musically and culturally can be seen all ...
- EW Harris, Dopesickfly and Miss Demeanour, Swing Ltd, 13 September, 2016 Swing Ltd, 183A Hope Street, Glasgow G2 2ULTuesday 13 September, 2016 – 7.30 p.,.Sci-fi singer songwriter E.W. Harris returns to Glasgow after winning many fans last year with his dramatic ...
- Blazin Fiddles’ OranMor Friday 26 August, 2016 Blazin’ FiddlesFri, 26 August, 2016 at 7:00pmBlazin’ Fiddles are undoubtedly one of the world’s most prolific fiddle groups. Over the last 17 years, no other band has quite managed to ...
- Allan Tall Cottiers 18 August, 2016 18 Aug 2016 – 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm(Just confirmed Allan Tall will be joined by special guest Terry Neason who will perform with him in Cottiers on 18 August. ...
- Kittlinclapperdin The Clutha Bar Sunday, 21 August, 2016 KittlinclapperdinThe Clutha BarSunday, 21 August, 201621st Century folk music. Kittlinclapperdin, Scots for ‘noisy cats’, a name given to gossips, and the witch’s secret name in a Scottish Rumplestilskin. Reclaiming the ...
- Sound of Not So Young Scotland, Friday 19 August, 2016 Blackfriars Friday 19 August, 2016An evening of all scottish music to raise funds for the Scottish Refugee Council. A fiver entry for a great night with live music and tunes from ...
- The Muse at St Louis, Brian Whittingham Wednesday 10 August, 2016 West End Launch – ‘Sometimes I Radiate’Everyone’s invited to another great night of literature at St Louis with host Linda Jaxson, who will also provide the musical entertainment with Tony ...
- Raging Twilight at The Ferry, Saturday 13 August, 2016 The Ferry We’re supporting the Willie Nelson tribute band, Full Nelson. The show starts at 8:30, but if you want to eat there its open from 6:30. We’ve also got a number ...
- Shoot The Craws, MacSorleys, 12 August, 2016 After their summer break, what could be better than their first gig back playing at the Glasgow institution that is MacSorleys. Marj and the boys will be bringing their ...
- Dave Arcari Bob Wayne and Panic Anchor, 02ABC, Glasgow 9 August 2016 02 Academy, ABC, 300 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3JA Dave Arcari and US-based hellraiser Bob Wayne with support from Panic Anchor. **TO GET A TICKET DISCOUNT (£8.55 instead of £13.50!)… enter ...
- Mark Billingham and My Darling Clementine in ‘The Other Half’ 8 September 2016 CCA Mark Billingham and My Darling Clementine in ‘The Other Half’Thu 8 September 2016CCA7:30pm, £15 + £1 booking fee Ages: 18+ Book online / 0141 352 4900In a rundown Memphis bar, ...
- Mick Hargan and Friends, King Tuts, 9 September, 2016 This date has been rescheduled from June 3rd – Tickets for the original date still valid. Mick Hargan will be joined onstage by John Elliot from ...
- An Evening of Acoustic Music, The Fort Theatre, Bishopbriggs, 6 August, 2016 An eclectic mix of live music on stage at the Fort Theatre Bishopbriggs on Saturday 6th August at 7.30pm. Limited seats available so don’t delay book today. Gina Graham — ...
- Electro 80s Brunswick Street Live, Merchant City Festival, 5 August, 2016 At Brunswick Street Live on Friday 5th August is time to go back to the 80’s with the UK’s premier 1980’s Electronica band, Electro 80’s The Eighties were a ...
- Merchant City Festival 2016 Brunswick Street Live BRUNSWICK STREET LIVE IS BACK FOR IT’S SECOND YEAR AND IT’S BIGGER & BETTER THAN EVER!!! At the Brunswick Street Live stage on Saturday 30 July 2017 from 12 ...
- Mugstock Festival 29th – 31st July 2016 at Mugdock Country Park Scotland’s Friendliest Wee FestivalFull programmeNames you’ll recognise and many talented newcomers. Fun for all the family.Emma PollockThe GirobabiesShambles MillerColonel Mustard & The Dijon 5SambaYaBambaThe Lance Vance DanceThe TwistettesMr BoomHamish The ...
- CHRISTEENE and Fallopé & The Tubes! Wed 27 July 2016 CCA BUZZCUT: DOUBLE THRILLS presents CHRISTEENE and Fallopé & The Tubes!Wed 27 July 20167.30pm, £8 (£6) + £1 booking fee, Theatre 18+ Book online / 0141 352 4900Please note amended start ...
- Summer Nights – Idlewild and C. Duncan Kelvingrove Bandstand 5 August, 2016 IdlewildKelvingrove BandstandFriday 5 Aug 2016, 18:30withC. Duncan c-duncan.co.uk/idlewild.co.uk/Kelvingrove Bandstand, Kelvin Way, G12 Buy tickets at ticketmaster.co.uk
- Dave Arcari with Bob Wayne 02 ABC Glasgow Tuesday 9 August, 2016 Dave Arcari with Bob Wayne02 ABC Glasgow Tuesday 9 August, 2016Dave Arcari opens for US-based hellraiser Bob Wayne.**TO GET A TICKET DISCOUNT (£8.55 instead of £13.50!)… enter ‘arcari’ in the ...
- The Colour of Whisky, The State Bar, Friday 22 July 2016 The Colour of Whisky and Miss Irenie RoseThe Colour of Whisky:Once described as a ‘Folky version of Abba’ The Colour of Whisky return to the live stage. Songs of the ...
- Mother’s Ruin, Friday 22 July, 2016, MacSorleys Mothers Ruin live this Friday at 9.15 MacSorley’s Bar, 42 Jamaica St, Glasgow G1 4QG Jamaica St Hope some of you can make it along for a night of live ...
- The Junkyard Festival, July 29th – 7 August, 2016 Merchant City July 29th – 31 July and 4 – 7 August, 2016Bell Street, Merchant City, G4 0TDThe Junkyard is a unique urban festival situated in railway arches close to Glasgow’s Merchant ...
- Strangeways, The Admiral Bar, 26 August, 2016
- The Doghouse Roses Live at The Star Club 19 July, 2016 ‘We are delighted to be returning once more to Glasgow’s wonderful Star Folk Club in July. Come and join us for an evening of new music and some of the ...
- Jim Monaghan’s Safe Space 26 – 29 July, 2016 Govanhill Baths Jim Monaghan’s Safe Space 26 – 29 July, 2016 Jim Monaghan is totally fed up with people and their opinions so he has created a safe space for him and his friends ...
- Single Release, Between You And Me, The Face on the Moon, 30 July, 2016 Beween You an MeThe Face on the MoonSingle ReleaseSaturday 30 July, 2016‘Launch night for ‘Between You & Me’ from our Debut album ‘Shelter’ . It would be awesome to see ...
- Maharaja Stage at Glasgow Mela, Sunday 17 July, 2016 INCREDIBLE INDIA STAGE – ProgrammeMain Stage sponsored by Incredible IndiaKelvingrove Bandstand, Kelvin Way, G12Sunday 17 July, 201612:00 12:20 Hong Lok – Chinese Dragon & Lion Dance group 12:20 12:55 Indian Dance ...
- John Milarky and Laurie Cuffe, The Rio Cafe, Sat 16 July, 2016 John Milarky and Laurie CuffeThe Rio Cafe27 Hyndland Street, G11 5QFSaturday 16 July, 2016 9 pmEvent on Facebook
- Martin Stephenson, Woodend, 2 July, 2016 Sounds in the Suburbs This Saturday at Woodend BLTC sees the wonderful Martin Stephenson return to Woodend for some great tunes, some great stories and general merriment. As anyone who has experienced a Martin ...
- Warren McIntyre and the Starry Skies CD Launch CCA 4 November, 2016 Warren McIntyre and the Starry Skies CD Launch CCA 4 November, 2016
- Les Vieux, Cajun Session, Wintersgills, 30 June, 2016 Cajun SessionThursday 30 June, 2016 8 p.m.Les Vieux are up for another session in the side room at Wintersgills this week. If you want to play or listen to a ...
- West End Festival 2016: The Great American Songbook 2, University Chapel 26 June – 3 p.m. The Great American Songbook 2University Chapel, University of GlasgowUniversity Avenue, G12 8QQSunday 26 Jun 3:00pmFollowing their Saturday evening concert up in Maryhill, come and hear a delightful Sunday afternoon concert ...
- Linda Jaxson Band La Bodega Sunday 26 June, 2016 Linda Jaxson Band La Bodega Sunday 26 June, 2016
- The Cottier Project, June 2016 Events performed at Cottier Theatre, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, Glasgow, G11 5PUThe Cottier Chamber Project began in 2011, as part of Glasgow’s West End Festival. The series expanded over ...
- West End Festival 2016: Fiesta – with Billy Ocean, De La Soul and Sister Sledge 24 – 26 June The West End Festival Fiesta is a new 3 day live music festival featuring Eighties legend Billy Ocean, Motown superstars Sister Sledge & Kathy Sledge and American hip hop trio ...
- Southside Sessions team up with The Voice, Open Mic Sweeneys 7 July, 2016 Not only is it the 11th birthday of the Southside Sessions, but we’ve teamed up with ITV‘s The Voice UK and will be hosting a massive open mic session where ...
- Launch of new literary booklet: Sometimes I Radiate, The Ivory Glasgow, 22 June, 2016 The Ivory Hotel, 24 Campbhill Avenue, Glasgow G41 3AYHost: Linda Jackson Music by Jim ByrneSupporting Mary’s Meals.
- West End Festival 2016: Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Thursday 23 June Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club 30 Chamberlain Road, Jordanhill, G13 1QEThursday 23 Jun 8:00pmTickets £12 in advance from Tickets Scotland, Argyle Street. 0141 204 5151.A ...
- West End Festival 2016: The Mackintosh Choir, Sunday 19 June, St John-Renfield Church The Mackintosh Choir : Sing Into Summer St. John-Renfield ChurchBeaconsfield Road, G12 0NY Sunday 19 June, 2016 7:00pm£10 (children under 12 free) Advance sales from email@example.com://www.mackintoshchoir.comOur 2016 summer concert, in ...
- West End Festival 2016 – All Dayer at OranMor Sunday 19 June Òran Mór’s West End Festival All Dayer is back for a 5th year!As always there will be 14 Scottish acts over 3 stages, all in the 1 building.Headline Band – ...
- West End Festival 2016: Carol Laula, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club Sat 18 June Carol LaulaWoodend Bowling and Tennis ClubSaturday 18 June, 2016 8:00pmTickets £12 in advance from Tickets Scotland, Argyle Street. 0141 204 5151.One of Glasgow’s best loved singer-songwriters makes a welcome return ...
- West End Festival 2016, Jazz Choir Glasgow, OranMor Thursday 16 june Musical Director: Outi SmithSpecial Guest: Eliot Murray, vocalist and saxophonistJim Clelland TrioOranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX£10 in advance from the venue£12 on the door£11.50 (incl booking fees) Buy ...
- West End Festival 2016: For the love of Lou (A Night of Lou Reed) The Rio Cafe, 18 June. For the love of Lou – a night of Lou Reed The Rio CafeSaturday, 18 June, 2016 – 7.30 p.m.From the Velvet Underground to Lulu with Metallica, a host of ...
- Tribute to Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline, 18 June, 2016, The Ferry Keep It CashSATURDAY 18TH JUNE 2016Doors 8.30pmPlease note the following venue policy:Dinner Arrive for 6.30pm. If you have dinner reservation you have a guaranteed table for the whole evening but ...
- Ceangal – A celebration of Ireland and Scotland featuring Eddi Reader Monday 27 June 2016 Royal Concert Hall Celtic Connections in association with Scottish Government and Irish Government presentsCeangal – A celebration of Ireland and Scotlandfeaturing Eddi ReaderMonday 27 June 2016New Auditorium at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall7.30pm – ...
- The Paul Alger Band, Sister John and Helen Reeves, The Glad Cafe, Sat 11 June, 2016 Saturday 11 June, 2016 7.30 p.m.The Glad Cafe on the 11th June – another incredible lineup including The Paul Alger Band, Sister John and Helen Reeves. Tickets are £8 and ...
- West End Festival 2016: Dave Arcari, Hug and Pint, Saturday 11 June Buzz Records presents Dave ArcariHug and Pint171 Great Western Road, G4 9AW£8 adv / £10 doorhttp://www.davearcari.comAlt blues troubadour Dave Arcari’s sounds owe as much to trash country, punk and rockabilly ...
- Mini Musicals Season at A Play, A Pie and A Pint, June – July, 2016 OranMor, Lunch Time TheatreJUST ANNOUNCED… Father and son team Dave Anderson and Davey Anderson will be playing together in The Day I Found the Blues, along with top musician and harmonica player Fraser ...
- West End Festival 2016: Vinicombe Street Party, Sunday 5 June, 2016 Vinicombe Street Party Sunday 5 June, 2016 12 pm. – 6 p.m.A great day out, come one, come all! bars al fresco, street food stalls, outdoor ping, facepainting, live music ...
- West End Festival 2016: Wilton Street Garden Fete, Saturday 11 June Wilton Garden, Wilton Street, G20 6RESaturday 11 Jun 1:30pmThe Wilton Street Garden Fete is back for its third year at WEF! Wilton island Association is again organising its popular annual ...
- STFU 6th Humanity’s Afterparty The Blue Chair Friday 3 June, 2016 The Blue Chair, 85 High Street G1 1NB7 p.m. #rd June, 2016STFU – Spoken Word That Leaves A Mark! STFU is back to get its monthly fix of eyeballs ...
- Colonel Mustard and The Dijon 5, OranMor, 3 June, 2016 OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QXFriday 3 June, 2016 – 7.30 p.m. – 10 p.m.The Peace, Love & Mustard Tour 2016. N.B. If any Dijuniors want to join ...
- Balkanarama’s annual SPECIAL, Glasgow 4 June, 2016 TWO ROOMS \\\ FORTY PERFORMERS \\\ ONE GIGANTIC BIRTHDAY BAKLAVA CAKE oooopaaaaa!! Balkanarama is always a colorful flamboyant vivacious affair, but Balkanarama’s annual SPECIAL truly is an experience not ...
- Hugh Reed and The Velvet Underpants, McChuills, 20 August, 2016 Hugh Reed and The Velvet Underpants, McChuills, 20 August, 2016
- Whispers E.P. new release from Michael Clark Music Whispers EP new release from Michael Clark MusicMic Clark is an accomplished musician – well known to many in the Scottish music scene through his band Acoustic Butterfly – one ...
- Last Monday at Rio, 30 May, 2016 Last Monday at Rio30 May, 2016 – 8 p.m.Can’t recommend our topliner this month enough – Claudia Daventry – purveying wit, erudition and maybe even a bit of torchy Iberian ...
- Beach Boys – Many singers many songs Maryhill Community Central Halls Saturday 28 May, 2016 Beach Boys – Many singers many songs Maryhill Community Central HallsSaturday 28 May, 2016Like all past Maryhill Community Halls fundraiser concerts, this night is about celebrating amazing songwriters. This one ...
- Fail Better: if you close the door, McChuills, 9 June, 2016 McChuills, 40 High Street, G1 1NLthe night could last forever. Keep the sunshine out and say hello to never. All the people are dancing and they’re having such fun, I ...
- Terry Reid, Thursday 19 May, 2016, The Admiral Alan 07944354459 firstname.lastname@example.org twitter @suburbs1
- Booked! Festival of Words, Evening of poetry, storytelling and song, Clydebank Town Hall Monday 16 May, 2016. Booked! at Clydebank Town Hall An evening of entertainment with poetry, storytelling and song. Monday , 16 May, 2016 – 7.30 p.m.£5 – Or full table for eight £30 Buy ...
- Southern Tenant Folk Union, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club Thursday 12 May, 2016 £12 Buy tickets at Ticket–Scotland30 Chamberlain Road Jordanhill Glasgow G13 1QETerry Reid, 19 May at The Admiral, Waterloo Street, Glasgow
- What’s the Noise, Broadcast, Saturday 11 June, 2016 Broadcast, 427 Sauchihall Street, G3 3LG Event on Facebook What’s The Noise Presents a showcase with some of the best local talent live at Broadcast on Friday 11th June Tickets available ...
- ‘Got Me Singin’ The Blues’ EP Launch, Starship Nicola, Nice n Sleazy, 3 June, 2016 Starship Nicola+ support‘Got Me Singin’ The Blues’ EP LaunchNICE N SLEAZY // Friday June 3rd, 2016 7.30 p.m.Tickets available soonwww.starshipnicola.com421 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3LG
- West End Festival 2016: Karen Matheson & Band, Maryhill Central Community Hall Karen Matheson And BandSaturday 04 Jun 7:30pmMaryhill Central Community Halls, 292 Maryhill Road, Glasgow, G20 7YETickets £16 plus booking fee (£18 at the door). Tickets in advance from Ticketsource or ...
- West End Festival 2016: Graeme Clark at Siempre Bicycle Cafe Graeme Clark Live At SiempreSunday 5 June, 2016Support from Fiona Cuthill & Stevie Lawrence A lovely evening in the best of settings at Siempre Bicycle Cafe, 162 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, ...
- Charity Folk Night, Maggie’s Centre, Fort Theatre, 21 May, 2016 Saturday 21 May, 20167.30 p.m. – 10.30 p.m.£8.50 John Graham and Jim Jack with special guest Cy Jack will be appearing live in concert at the Fort Theatre Bishopbriggs in ...
- Overheard in the West End, Talented Barstewards, Siempre Cafe, Thursday 5 May, 2016 Overheard in the West End Hosted by Traffic Cone Records5 May, 2016 – 7 p.m.Siempre Bicycle Cafe – PartickFreeTalented BarstewardsTales from across the bar from the people who sell you ...
- The Heart of Rust Neil Young Tribute, The Glad Cafe, 20 May, 2016 The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands, G41 2HGFriday 20 May, 2016 – 8.30 p,m,Heart of Rust are possibly the most authentic sound of Neil Young ( and Crazy ...
- West End Festival 2016, Dave Arcari at The Hug and Pint, Sat 11 june Dave Arcari illustration by Johnnie CluneyBuzz Records presents Dave ArcariThe Hug and PintPart of West End Festival 2016171 Great Western Road, G4 9AWSaturday 11 Jun 7:30pm£8 adv / £10 doorAlt ...
- Dave Arcari at Big Sparra Vinyl, Ayr, Sunday 5 June, 2016 DAVE ARCARI plus support from ALauraborealis Live in-store at Big Sparra…Get your pre-release copy of the Hellbound Train EP (out Friday 10 June on Buzz Reocrds)….!!!Big Sparra Vinyl, 7 New ...
- My Bonnie Scotland, Jim Ferguson, 19 May, 3016, The Clutha Tapsalteerie Press cordially invite one and all to the launch party for ‘My Bonnie Scotland’: a new pamphlet of poems by Jim Ferguson. The Clutha, Thursday 19th May, 2016 ...
- Malcolm Holcombe and John Alexander, Wed 18 May, 2016, The Hug and Pint Malcolm Holcombe will perform at The Hug and Pint, Wednesday 18 May – he is a unique performer who’s haunted acoustic blues and rugged folk have spanned a truly maverick ...
- Show With String Section, Saint Luke’s, 6 May, 2016 Come to the FabulonA New International With a special invitation eight piece string section.Special Guests: The Glasgow School of Art Choir6 May, 2016 at St Luke’s – 8 p.m.‘We’ve wanted ...
- West End Festival 2016, Lismore Street Sessions Lismore Sessions Street Party – 4 and 5 June, 2016The Lismore206 Dumbarton Road, G11 6UNFree Folk Music All Day Saturday 04 Jun 1:00pm Sunday 05 Jun 1:00pmThe Lismore Sessions Street ...
- Merchant Voices City Halls Candleriggs 10 Anniversary Concert 15 May, 2016 Merchant Voices City Halls Candleriggs3 p.m. Sunday 15 May, 201610th Anniversary ConcertTickets £10 from www.glasgowconcerthalls.comor phone: 0141 353 8000
- West End Festival 2016 Refuweegee And Raukarna Present A Night Of Notes, Friday 3 June Refuweegee And Raukarna Present A Night Of NotesKelvinside Hillhead ChurchObservatory Road, G12 9ARFriday 03 June, 2016 8:00pmTickets £8Refuweegee is a project aiming to welcome refugees and asylum seekers to Glasgow ...
- Bossy Love, Nice N Sleazy, Saturday 14 May, 2016 Synergy Concerts presents:Bossy LoveNice N Sleazy, GlasgowSaturday 14 May, 2016 8 p.m.£6 We are thrilled to announce another incredible performance from BOSSY LOVE. If you’ve been lucky enough to see ...
- Lil Bit of Sunday Blues and Jazz with Linda Jaxson, La Bodega, Sunday 1 May, 2016 Linda Jaxson with an afternoon of Jazz & BluesLa Bodega Sunday 1 May, 2016 – 3 p.m. #glasgowshiddengem #labodegajazz #spanishtapas #sundayjazz1120 South Street, G14 0AP
- Fail Better Big Red May Day Social, Saturday 30 April, 2016
STUC Woodlands Road, 333 Woodlands Rd, Glasgow G3 6NG
Fail Better brings you a whole night of Bands, DJs, and very special guests to celebrate the Radical Film Festival, and dance ...
- Spotlight on C. Duncan, 6 May, 2016 King Tuts 272a St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5RL
- Seven Song Club, The Tron, 6 May, 2016 May 6th, 8.00 p.m. at the Seven Song Club features the wonderful Honey and the Herbs plus special guests Jumpers for Goalposts. £7.50Tickets from Tron Box Office – ...
- The Great May Day Rising, Drama and Song at OranMor, Monday 2 May, 2016 The Red and the Green will be worn side by side’ on MayDayOranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 – 2 May – 7.30 p.m.Glasgow Friends of MayDay (GFoMD) have today ...
- Unesco International Jazz Day Glasgow 30 April, 2016 Events and concerts in Glasgow from 11am – 11.30pm on Saturday 30 April 2016Joining venues across the world to celebrate International Jazz Day. It’s a unique chance for jazz lovers ...
- Mark McGowan EP Launch, CCA Saturday 23 April, 2016 Synergy ConcertsMark McGowan’s biggest headline show to date to celebrate to release of his new EP. Support from Marco Rea CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD ...
- The Paul Alger Band, The Lonely Whale and Rob Branter, 21 May, 2016 The Stags Head Part of the Southside Fringe Glasgow 2016…Saturday 21 May, 2016 8.30 p.m.The Stags Head, 69 Nithsdale Road, G41 2 AG The Paul Alger Band Paul writes and performs ...
- The Hellfire Club, McChuills, Saturday 23 April, 2016 Performing new songs, a few old ones and some surprise songs.Saturday 23 April, 20168.30 p.m.FreeMcChuills, 40 High St, Glasgow G1 1NL
- The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe, 20 May, 2016. The Rumshack The Gatsby Speakeasy at the Southside Fringe20 May, 2016.657 – 679 Pollokshaws Road, G41 2ABThe Gatsby Club, Scotlands largest 1920s themed cabaret and club night returns with The Gatsby Speakeasy ...
- Czech/Slovak Song Night, Tchai Ovna House of Tea 21 April, 2016 Czech/Slovak Song NightThursday April 21, 20168:00 PM – 10:00 PMSongs sung in English, Czech and Slovak languagesTchai Ovna House of Tea42 Otago LaneGlasgowG12 8PBTel: 0141 357 4524www.tchaiovna.com/
- Chamber Music In the Round at The Drake 20 April, 2016 20 April, 2016Chamber Music In the Round at The DrakeThe last in this season’s highly successful series of Chamber Music in the intimate setting of the upstairs drawing room at ...
- Dave Arcari Live Stream from The Croft Tuesday 19 April, 2016 – 8 p.m. Another Facebook Live broadcast live from the croft!Tuesday 19 April – 8pm (UK time)Please share with and invite your pals if you think they’d be interested…this Facebook Live thing could ...
- Declan Sinnott, The Glad Cafe, 21 April, 2016 Declan Sinnott The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands G41 2AGThursday, April 21, 2016Irish music legend , former member of Moving Hearts , Horslips and long time musical partner of ...
- Record Store Day Saturday, Love Music Glasgow, 16 April, 2016 Record Store Day 2016Saturday 16 April, 2015Love Music GlasgowRecord Store Day – The annual celebration of Independent Record shops. Love Music are celebrating another year of selling music in Glasgow. There ...
- Bruise, Live at The Rio Cafe, Saturday 16 April, 2016 Bruise Live at The Rio Saturday 16 April, 2016Progressive folk duo BRUISE are coming to The Rio Cafe.Jim and Isobel will be playing songs from their 4 albums. Characterised by ...
- Fail Better, Tent Town Logic, McChuills, 14 April, 2016 Tent Town Logic‘Shut the hostels, fill the night shelters, harras the beggars, arrest the homeless, and when people find their own solutions to the problem you created, search them, infiltrate ...
- The Twistettes – debut album ‘Jilt The Jive’ review by Stephen Watt Album Launch PartyJilt The JiveThis ten-track vortex thrashes you around like a sea of hungry sharks …There is a bloodthirsty magnetism seeping from Scottish riot grrrl, punk outfit The Twistettes ...
- Phamie Gow, The Tron, 14 April, 2016. Phamie GowTron Theatre14 April, 2016.International musician, composer, singer/songwriter and recording artist Phamie Gow is reknowned for her innovative and groundbreaking playing and compositions for the celtic lever harp, and her ...
- WHAT IS A GROUP AND WHY LA BAMBA? Fantom Cinema Sat 9 April, 2016 <WHAT IS A GROUP AND WHY LA BAMBA?Fantom CinemaPart of Glasgow International 9 Apr 2016 7 p.m.Two short films What is a Group by Ian Svenonius and LBJ by Santiago Alvarez. ...
- Red Note Ensemble, 1 May, 2016. Royal Conservatoire of Scotland Tuesday 3 May, 2016 7.30pmPlug 1: Opening ConcertPlug FestivalRoyal Conservatoire of Scotland, 100 Renfrew St, Glasgow G2 3DBA multi-faceted opening to Plug@10, featuring the combined forces of Red Note and ...
- Love Music Hate Racism, QMU, Sunday 1 May, 2016 Love Music Hate Racism1 May, 2016Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow7 p.m. Celebrate May Day and take stance against racism at this gig in partnership with the Radical Film Network.Live ...
- Teresa Storch, 13th Note, Glasgow, 2 May, 2016 Teresa Storch UK, Ireland and Netherlands TourMay 2, 2016 – 7.30 p.m. The 13th Note Cafe Glasgow,Touring The USA from her Denver home since 2003, Teresa Storch’s album ‘Come Clean’ ...
- Fourth Decade & Terminal One FUNDRAISING NIGHT Saturday 9 April 2016, Blantyre Vics Fourth Decade & Terminal One FUNDRAISING NIGHT Sat 9th April 2016 @ 7.30pm Blantyre Vics FC 15 Forrest St, Blantyre, Glasgow G72 0JPTickets: £6.00 Fourth Decade are performing at the fundraiser ...
- Shipwreck Rats, Pirate Speed Folk Band from Berlin – in Glasgow April, 2016. Ahoy!‘Shipwreck Rats are a pirate speed folk band based in Berlin. We play fast and evil music from Scotland, Ireland, North America and all the other places we’ve plundered in ...
- Kieran Goss, Milngavie Folk Club, 23 April, 2016. Saturday 23rd April 2016Milngavie Folk Clubat The Fraser Centre Kieran Goss will be touring in the U.K. in April-May 2016. For booking details and further information on all dates, please visit ...
- High Heels and Horse Hair present TRANSPLANTED 4 May, 2016 The Drake Bar 4 May, 2016 7.30 p.m.The Drake Bar “High Heels and Horse Hair” are Alice Rickards – Violin, and Sonia Cromarty – Cello.TRANSPLANTED celebrates the rich diversity of Scotland’s plant life ...
- The Hot Club of Cowtown, St Andrew’s in the Square, 6 April, 2016. An Evening With The Hot Club Of CowtownWednesday 6th April 2016St Andrews In the Square, 1 St. Andrew’s Square, Glasgow G1 5PPThe Fallen Angels ClubThe Hot Club of Cowtown are ...
- Mike Hasting (Trembling Bells) + Alan Frew & Jim Byrne Big Sparra Vinyl, 3 April, 2016 MIKE HASTINGS (Trembling Bells) + Alan Frew + Jim ByrneBig Sparra Vinyl 7 New Bridge Street, Ayr KA7 1JX Sunday 3 April, 2016 at 2 p.m.We are thrilled to announce our ...
- Sunday Jazz with Linda Jaxson & Friends, La Bodega, Sunday 1 May, 2016 Sunday Jazz with Linda Jaxson & Friends –Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 3 PMFree entryLa Bodega Tapas Bar1120 South Street, Glasgow G14 0AP Event on Facebookwww.labodegaglasgow.com/
- Sound Thought Festival 2016, 30 March – 1 April, 2016 CCA Sound Thought 2016 Dialogues: Sound and Music Across the ArtsCCA www.soundthought.co.uk Sound Thought is an annual music and sonic arts festival run by University of Glasgow postgraduates. Through ...
- Erskine Hospital Fundraiser , Comedy at The Stand, 18 May. 2016. Benefit In Aid Of ErskineThe Stand, Glasgow18 May, 2016With:Gary Little – headlinerRaymond Mearns Chris RutterElaine MillerTony SloanDoors 19:30 – Show starts 20:30Tickets are £5 and can be reserved by calling ...
- Seven Song Club – The Tron Thursday, 31 March, 2016 Seven Song Club – The TronThursday 31st March, 2016The Seven Song Club features the splendid Colour of Whisky – a band that play jolly jigs and bittersweet melancholia with four ...
- Barrowloads of Soul Alldayer, Barrowlands Sat 21 May, 2016 Barraloadasoul AlldayerSaturday 21 May, 2016.Northern Soul/ Mod & 60’s R&B all dayer2.00pm – MidnightBarraloadasoul is back by popular demand for a third outing at the famous Barrowland Ballroom showcasing once ...
- Heaven Adores You, The Glad Cafe A Documentary Film About the Life and Music of Elliot Smith 27 May, 2016
Heaven Adores You – A Documentary Film About the Life and Music of Elliot Smith plus guest musicians performing songs of Elliot Smith
The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
Friday 27 May, 2016, ...
- Civic Pride, King Tut’s, Saturday 2 April, 2016 Following the success of their recent support of Nottingham singer-songwriter, Georgie, Civic Pride return to the stage with the full band line up at King Tut’s on Sat 2nd April. ...
- Outskirts Festival, Saturday 23 April, 2016 – Platform, Glasgow Saturday, April 23 at 12 PM – 10 PMPlatform Glasgow1000 Westerhouse Road, Glasgow G34 9JW Buy tickets online#Outskirtsfestival returns in April 2016 with an impressive line-up of ...
- Brutal Measures: Cinema of Transgression, Sat 19 March, 2016. The Glue Factory The Glue Factory 22 Farnell St, Glasgow G4 9SESaturday 19 March, 2016. Rare 16mm projections, followed by a live concert with Lydia Lunch, and a DJ set from Glasgow’s own JG ...
- St Patrick’s Day Fundraiser Celtic Music Radio 17 March 216 An evening of fun and frolics and folk in aid of Celtic Music Radio.The event will take place on Thursday 17th March 2016 from 7:30pm in theRutherglen United Reformed Church, 69 ...
- Michael Simons, Tchai Ovna, 21 March, 2016
One of Glasgow’s finest blues musicians, Michael Simons, has been gracing Tchai Ovna with his presence for many years (and hopefully many more to come!)
Inspired by the likes of the ...
- Niall Connolly, The Dram, Glasgow, 14 March, 2016 review Pat Byrne We had a great night at the Niall Connolly gig at The Dram, 14 March, 2016. Jim and I had been looking forward to this gig as we hadn’t seen ...
- Wine and Jazz Night at Singl-end Saturday, 19 March, 2016
With Aldo Ferrarello
Saturday, March 19
7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Another fantastic Wine-NIght-Out @ the Singl-end!
Fine wines, tasty food, a live Jazz duet ( trumpet and piano ) and a ...
- Georgie supported by Civic Pride, The Glad Cafe, Wed 16 March, 2016 GeorgieThe Glad Cafe, GlasgowWednesday 16 March, 2-1619:30Support by Civic PrideDoors: 7pm. First support: 730pm-8pm; main support: 815pm-845pm; headline act: 9pm-945pm.The Glad Cafe, Glasgow.Civic Pride will support Nottingham based singer/songwriter, Georgie ...
- Jack Ruby 5, Jazz at La Bodega Tapas Bar, Saturday 19 March, 2016 Jack Ruby 5Saturday 19 March, 20167:30 PM – 11:30 PMLa Bodega Tapas Bar1120 South StreetGlasgow G14 0AP 0141 581 email@example.com
- AlgoRhythm 004, The Art School, Friday 1 April, 2016 AlgoRhythm 004 is the last in a series of audio visual events held in Glasgow.Friday, April 1, 2016 7:30 p.m. The Art SchoolAlgoRhythm is a collaborative art and music happening that will ...
- Pete Docherty, Barrowland, Friday 13 May, 2016. Peter DohertyBarrowlandFriday 13 May, 2016.Doors 7pm£23.00Over 14 /Under 16 with an adult TicketsBarrowland, 244 GallowgateGlasgowG4 OTS
- The Trembling Bells, Wide Majestic Aire, launch mini album at The Glad Cafe, Wed 6 April, 2016 Trembling Bells – Album LaunchThe Glad Cafe, GlasgowWednesday 6 April, 2016 – 19:30£9.00 in advance / 11.00 on the door Entry Requirements: Over 18s onlyGeneral Admission (e-ticket)£9.00 (+£1.00 S/C)Buy ticketsTREMBLING ...
- Glasgow International Comedy Festival, Bring your under 2’s to The Glad Cafe, Saturday 19 March, 2016. Glasgow International Comedy Festival: Watch With BabyThe Glad Cafe, GlasgowSaturday 19 March, 2016 at 2 p.m.Entry Requirements: Over 18s only Bruce Devlin introduces Andrew Learmonth, Elaine Malcolmson and John Hastings ...
- St Patrick’s Day Celebrations at Jinty McGuinty, Thursday 17 March, 2016. 29 Ashton Lane, Glasgow G12 8SJ Jinty McGuinty’s Facebook
- Rab Noakes at Milngavie Folk Club review by Pauline Keightley Noakes was among old friends and new on 20th February, 2016 at Milngavie Folk Club. Along with his own songs, he included some song gems in his repertoire – some ...
- Alun Cochrane, The Stand Comedy Club, Thursday 10 March, 2016 Alun Cochrane – A Show With A Man in ItThe Stand Comedy Club, GlasgowThursday 10th March / Doors Open:18:30 / Show Begins:19:00Alun kicks off our Glasgow International Comedy Festival this ...
- Woody Pines Gig at Big Sparra Vinyl, 6 March 2016 – review Pat Byrne Americana in AyrWe had a great day out in Ayr when, Jim, Jimmy and I headed doon the watter to see Woody Pines play at Ian Wallace and Robert McKain’s ...
- Niall Connolly, Irish and UK Tour, The Dram, Monday 14 March, 2016 Niall Connolly14 March, 2016 at 7 p.m.The Wee Dram, 232 Woodlands Rd, Glasgow G3 6NDNiall Connolly’s only appearance in Glasgow on his 2016 European Tour.“Terrific. Disarming and beautifully crafted folk-pop. ...
- Eurydice Women’s Choir, Free Workshop Kibble Palace, Saturday 6 March, Celebrating International Women’s Day, 2016 Eurydice Women’s Choir International Women’s Day Free WorkshopKibble Palace, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow G12Sunday March 6th, 2016 from 1 – 3pmEurydice Womn’s Choir is holding a free public workshop to encourage ...
- Yellowland at Barrowland Ballroom, 5 March, 2016 Barrowland 244 Gallowgate, Glasgow G4 0TTThe Yellow Movement on Facebook
- BMX Bandits at CCA Sunday 14 May, 2016 BMX Bandits @ CCA, GlasgowSynergy Concerts presents:BMX BanditsCCA, GlasgowSaturday 14 May, 2016 19:30£15 Entry Requirements: 18+General Admission (e-ticket)£15.00 (+£1.50 S/C)Buy tickets onlineCCA, 350 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3JDBMX Bandits ...
- The Doghouse Roses and Joseph Parsons Duo The Hug and Pint 8 April, 2016 Friday, April 8, 2016 8 PMThe Hug and PintA special double bill featuring Scotland’s Doghouse Roses and from the U.S.A, the Joseph Parsons duo featuring Freddie Lubitz on guitar.Doghouse Roses celebrate ...
- White: Live at Queen Margaret Union, 20 February, 2016 – review by Calum Maclean White live at QMU, University of Glasgow, 20/02/16For a group embarking on their first headline UK tour, Glaswegian five piece White displayed no nerves during their blistering forty five minute ...
- Just Comedy, Thursday 25 February, 2016 at The Wild Cabaret with Janey Godley 8:30pm-11pm(reservations from 6:30pm) Janey Godley curates the best comedy evening in Glasgow. Join her British comedians for a unique night of laughs that will set you up nicely for the weekend. with ...
- Locust Honey String Band, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, 15 March, 2016 Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, 10 Chamberlain Road, Glasgow, G13 1QE Telephone 0141 959 1428. Tue 15, 2016Esteemed North Carolina-formed, now Nashville-based old-time/bluegrass trio Locust Honey String Band announce extensive ...
- Linda Jaxson Band at St Louis, Partick, Saturday 27 February, 2016 St Louis Cafe/Bar, 734 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow G11 7RDhttp://www.stlouis-cafebar.co.uk/
- Voice of an Eagle, GFF16, The Glad Cafe 20 February 2016 Voice of an Eagle: The Enigma of Robbie Basho, ft. Bards of Caledon & Other LandsThe Glad CafeSaturday 20 February, 2016 7.30 p.m. Glasgow Film Festival & The Glad Cafe present: ...
- Dave Arcari with Lee Patterson, The Hug and Pint, 11 June, 2016 The Hug and Pint, 171 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G4 9AWTickets £8 (plus 80p booking fee)Buy tickets onlinewww.davearcari.com/
- White, QMU, Saturday 20 February, 2016. WhiteQueen Margaret UnionSaturday 20 February, 2015First UK Tour£10Buy tickets
- Solo Beatles – Many Singers / Many Songs, Fundraiser, Sat 2 April, 2016 Solo Beatles – Many Singers / Many Songs Saturday, April 2, 20167:30 PM – 1 AMMaryhill Community HallsLike all past Maryhill Community Halls fundraiser concerts this night is about celebrating amazing ...
- Michael Simons, Folk, Blues and Beyond, Milngavie Folk Club, 5 March, 2016 Michael Simons, Folk Blues and Beyond, Milngavie Folk ClubSaturday 5 March, 20167:30 PMThe Milngavie Folk Club, Fraser Centre, Douglas St., Milngavietickets.jmsconcerts.co.ukMichael Simons in concert with guests Tim Black (guitar), John ...
- Shoot the Craw, The Clutha, Friday 12 February, 2016
Shoot the Craw at The Clutha Bar
Rock Your Valentine
Friday 12 February, 2016
8 PM – 11 PM
The Clutha Bar
It’s been a long time since I rock and rolled – in the ...
- The Cuban Brothers – Kelvingrove Bandstand, Saturday 20 April, 2016. Cuban Brothers – Kelvingrove Bandstand, GlasgowSaturday 30 April, 2016The enigmatic Cuban Brothers bring their funky, sexy, soulful music, b-boy skills and riotous comedy to Glasgow’s iconic Kelvingrove Bandstand on April ...
- Larry Guild at The Glad Cafe Friday 26 February, 2016 The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HGA major treat with Larry Guild at The Glad Cafe on Friday 26 February, 2016.Buy tickets at brown paper tickets
- Oscar Cordoba Band, Sat 6 February, 2016 – La Bodega Oscar Cordoba Band, Sat 6 February, 2016 – La Bodega
- Celtic Connections 2016: John Grant support Rachel Sermanni – photos and review Pauline Keightley John Grant at Celtic Connections American singer-songwriter John Grant was on fine form at Celtic Connections. He is a larger than life bear of a man who commands the stage with ...
- Bob Marley Birthday Party African Art Centre Saturday 6 February, 2016. Bass Warrior Sound System’s annual Bob Marley Birthday Celebration. Full Bass Warrior crew with Peter Brown, Crucial Roots and guest MCs .Best Dressed Chicken merchandise stall will be in attendance ...
- New Season at The Star Folk Club starts 9 February, 2016 The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.9th February Tony Mcmanus £12Tony McManus has come to be recognised throughout the world as the leading guitarist in ...
- Spangled Cabaret 8th Birthday Party – 2 special shows 5th and 8th February, 2016 Spangled Cabaret Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday With 2 Special Shows! Friday 5th February, 2016 – 8:30 PM The Rio Cafe‘We return to our birthplace, and we are very excited about it!’THE ...
- Celtic Connections 2016: Lucinda Williams review and photographs by Pauline Keightley Lucinda Williams rocked at Celtic Connections 2016! One sassy rock on lady! While I had read good reviews of Lucinda Williams, I came to her late. Now aged sixty-two she’s been ...
- Ashes to Ashes: A Cabaret Tribute to David Bowie, Fundraiser for The Beatson, 10 February, 2016 Wednesday, February 10, 20167:30 PM – 10:30 PMRiding Room58 Virginia Street, Glasgow G1 1TX For one night only the Glasgow Burlesque and Cabaret scene come together for a stellar cabaret ...
- Celtic Connections, Peatbog Faeries, 02 ABC 23 January, 2016 Celtic Connections 2016 proudly presents: Peatbog Faeries plus Radio CosSaturday 23 January, 2016 Doors 7 p.m.O2 ABC GlasgowAlmost two decades after bursting onto the scene with their debut album Mellowosity, ...
- Celtic Connections: Piaf! The Show, Theatre Royal 27 and 28 January, 2016 Celtic Connections presentsPiaf! The Show Theatre Royal GlasgowWednesday 27 & Thursday 28 January 2016 · Celebrating The Centenary Of Iconic French Singer Edith Piaf For Two Nights At New Celtic Connections Venue: ...
- Celtic Connections: Just for Gordon, Celebrating a National Treasure 24 January, 2016 24 January 2016 7:30PMGlasgow Royal Concert HallMain Auditorium Tickets: £20-£23Buy tickets onlineOr buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000January 2016 marks just over a decade since Gordon ...
- Byres Road Big Band, various venues 1,4 and 5 February, 2015 Byres Road Big Band With membes of award winning Brass JawboneHosted by very special guest Carmen PieracciniEnjoy a relaxed evening of great live music open to all ages.Tickets are ONLY ...
- Celtic Connections: Strathspey and Surreal, 23 January, 2016. Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 1 p.m. 23 January 2016 1:00PMFor fans of the fiddle!TraditionalStrathspey and SurrealGlasgow Royal Concert HallTickets: £12Buy tickets onlineOr buy tickets from at the box office on 0141 353 8000Prior to recent decades’ ...
- The Wainwright Sisters and Ethan Johns, Celtic Connections, 25 January, 2016 The Wainwright Sisters and Ethan Johns25 January 2016 7:30PMCity HallsCeltic ConnectionsTickets: £17Book Now Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000It’s never too late to sing lullabies ...
- City of Glasgow Chorus – Valentine’s Day Sunday 14 February, 2016 Sunday 14th February 2016From West End To Broadway: A Valentine’s GalaCity of Glasgow ChorusBuy tickets online Charlotte Wakefield, Sally Ann Triplett, Michael Xavier, Scott Davies (soloists) Royal Scottish National Orchestra ...
- Linsey Aitken and Ken Campbell, Celtic Connections, Friday 22 January, 2016 Tickets £14 Buy online
- Marry Waterson and David A. Jaycock and Alastair Ogilvy at The Hugh and Pint 21 January 2016 Celtic Connections: Marry Waterson & David A. Jaycock, Alistair Ogilvy – The Hug and Pint, Glasgow Thutsday 21st Jan 7:30 PMThe Hug and Pint171 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9AW ...
- Fail Better: justify yer art/anger/chips, McChuills, 14 January, 2016 FAIL BETTER: Justify yer art/anger/chips Thursday, January 14, 2016 8 PMMcChuills Come see some art and argue about whether it has a moral responsibility to you . ...
- Burns and Sangs, Muse at St Louis 27 January, 2016 St Louis PartickSt Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- The Arts and Precarity: Forging New Solidarities, 22 January, 2016
The Arts and Precarity: Forging New Solidarities
Friday, January 22, 2016 7 p.m.
Kinning Park Complex
This event combines radical cabaret with a day of academic-artist-activist workshop discussions.
- Dumb Instrument plus Fergus Hetherington, Sunday 16 January, 2016. Sounds in the Suburbs Ten years of SoundsintheSuburbs and another year of eclectic wonderful music!!First gig for the year will be on Saturday 16th January at Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club features the wonderful ...
- The Hammerin’ Tongs The Record Factory, Friday 29 January, 2016 The Hammerin’ TongsCatapult the Tongs tae King TutsFriday, January 29, 2016 8 PMThe Record Factory ‘Awrite troops!We have a number of big gigs coming up and any support you can ...
- ‘Ireland 2016’ The Chieftains and Special Guests Celtic Connections Friday 15 January, 2016 ‘Ireland 2016’ – The Chieftains & Special Guests15 January 2016 7:30PMGlasgow Royal Concert HallAs reflected by a year-long international programme of centenary events, Ireland’s 1916 Easter Rising, the bloodily heroic ...
- Errors 02 ABC Saturday 16 January, 2016 ErrorsCeltic ConnectionsO2 ABC GlasgowSaturday 16 January, 2016 at 7 p.m.300 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JA £16Buy tickets onlinewww.celticconnections.com
- Rebrand featuring The Ronaynes, Avalanche Party, The Cliftons, and Drunk Gods, Stereo 15 January, 2016 Rebrand featuring The Ronaynes, Avalanche Party, The Cliftons, and Drunk Gods Friday, January 15, 201610 p.m.Stereo Cafe Bar£6Buy tickets onlineStereo Cafe Bar20 – 28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PH
- The Carlton Jug Band, The Lucky Break Sunday 3 January, 2016 The Carlton Jug Band appearing sat 2nd of january at the world famous lucky break… 4 pmSunday 3 January, 2016The world famous Lucky Break26-30 Glasgow Rd, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire G81 1SE ...
- Optimo Hogmanay The Art School, 31 December, 2015 Dec 31 at 10 PM to Jan 1, 2016 at 4 AM The Art School20 Scott Street, Glasgow G3 6PE Tickets AvailableOptimo Hogmanay at The Art School31/12/2015 10.30 – 4am‘We ...
- Christmas and New Year at The Lucky Break, Clydebank 26 December, 2015 Urban Creek live on boxing day at the world famous lucky break….27 December, 2015The Boogiemen live at the world famous lucky break3 January, 2016The Carlton Jug ...
- Benefit for Scottish Action For Refugees, The Primevals. Stereo, Sat 26 December, 2015 Scottish Action For Refugees Saturday 26 December, 20157 PM – 10 PMStereo Cafe BarBenefit for Scottish Action For RefugeesThe Primevals Uncle JudasThe Creeping IviesThe Rotations£7 -all proceeds go to SAFR-all bands ...
- I AM_WSHOM_NYE, 31 December, 2015, Stereo I AM_WSHOM_NYE StereoThursday, December 31, 201510:30 PM – 4:00 AM A New Year, a fresh start or a time to celebrate old friendships as Rabbie B taught us; with ...
- The Heavy Load Band, The Lucky Break, Clydebank Sunday 20 December, 2015 The Heavy Load BandThe world famous lucky break the heavy load band appearing this sunday afternoon at the world famous lucky breakSunday 20 December, 2015 4 p.m. The Lucky Break, ...
- Push It: New Years Eve! The Old Hairdresser’s, 31 December, 2016 Thursday, December 31 at 9 PM – 2 AMThe Old Hairdressers 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2 6PH Glasgow, United KingdomBuy tickets: www.stereocafebar.comPush It: New Years Eve – ...
- Nova Scotia Folk Club Celebrates Hogmanay, Meet Me At The Corner, Milngavie 31 Dec 2015 Nova Scotia Folk Club Celebrates Hogmanay Thursday, December 31, 2015 7:30 PM – 1:00 AM 1 January, 2016 Meet me at the CornerHouse Party with entertainment being provided by some of ...
- The Hellfire Club Christmas Shindig Saturday, December 19, 2015 The Griffin The Hellfire Club Christmas Shindig Saturday, December 19, 2015 7:30 PM The Griffin266 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JP Hello FolksWe have a fantastic night of live music lined-up for ...
- Kelvingrove Christmas Concert, Sunday 20 December, 2015 Kelvingrove Christmas ConcertSunday 20 December, 201512.00 p.m.Annual Christmas Concert in the main hall at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and MueseumFree eventSuitable for all ages.Come along and hear all your favourite Christmas ...
- Rachel Rhienne Josephine Sillars + Luck Factory + Sophie Rogers King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut 17 December, 2015 Rachel RhienneJosephine Sillars + Luck Factory + Sophie Rogers King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut17 December, 20158.30 p.m.This girl is no stranger to the music scene and hails all the way ...
- Magic Gang King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Sunday 13 December, 2015 Magic GangKing Tuts Wah Wah Hut, GlasgowSun 13 Dec 2015, 20:00Buy tickets online272a ST Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5RL
- Fail Better: PLAY FOR PALESTINE Thursday, December 17, 2015 Fail Better: PLAY FOR PALESTINE Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 8 PM McChuills Glasgow 40 High Street, Glasgow G1 1NL It was a wish of mine to tell ...
- Southside Fringe Christmas Night Out Friday 11 December, 2015 Southside Fringe Christmas Night OutFriday 11 December, 20157:30pmLebowski’s South Side£8Buy ticketsCome along on the 11th of December to join in the festive celebrations with the Southside Fringe Glasgow! We are ...
- Scott Macdonald – Deetour – The Normans Saturday, December 19, 2015 Meet Me At the Corner Scott Macdonald – Deetour – The NormansSaturday, December 19, 2015Meet Me At the CornerScott Macdonald will be be playing some new songs and will be joined by southsides The Normans ...
- Acoustic Butterfly at Glasgow on Ice Thursday, 3 December, 2015 Acoustic Butterfly at Glasgow on IceThursday, 3 December, 20157.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.Beer Tent, George Square, G2 1DUWrap up warm and come along for a cracking wee seshAcoustic Butterfly Facebook
- C Duncan at The Art School Saturday 5th December, 2015 C Duncan at The Art SchoolSupport from Le ThugSaturday 5th December, 2015 7 p.m. The Art School 20 Scott Street, Glasgow G3 6PE Chris Duncan is ...
- Theatre Royal Saturday Lunchtime Concerts Nov – Dec 2015 Theatre Royal
Proud to be supporting local talent:
Theatre Royal Saturday Lunchtime Concerts with Korda String Quartet, Martyn Rapley and The Shiverin’ Shjeiks
Sat 28 Nov – Sat 19 Dec 2015
An opportunity to ...
- Splendid Gentlemen The Lucky Break Sunday 29 November, 2015 Splendid GentlemenSunday 29 November, 2015 4:00pmLucky-Break Clydebank26 Glasgow Road, Clydebank G81 1SEwww.splendidgentlemen.co.uk
- The Boogiemen Clydebank Lucky Break 18 December, 2015 The BoogiemenThe Lucky Break, Clydebank Friday 18th December, 2015
- Hebrides Ensemble James MacMillan Since it was the day of preparation… 25 November, 2015 Hebrides Ensemble26 November 2015 @ 7.45pmSt Andrew’s Cathedral, Clyde Street, G1 4JYTickets: 08444 77 1000 www.ticketweb.co.ukWhen Hebrides Ensemble premiered Since it was the day of preparation… in 2012, the response ...
- The Return Of The Rio…….Launch Party! Saturday 21 November, 2015 The Return Of The Rio…….Launch Party!Saturday 21 November, 2015The Rio Cafe27 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 5QFWe are spruced up and looking mighty fine! If you’ve not been in yet, now’s ...
- Legends of House, SWG3, Saturday 21 November, 2015 Legends of House, SWG3 Saturday 21 November, 20159 p.m. 3 a.m.£20Buy ticketsSWG3, 100 Eastvale Pl, Glasgow G3 8QG
- Nightfly/isis at the Lucky Break Sunday 22 November, 2015 Nightfly/isis at The Lucky BreakSunday 22 November, 20154 p.m.26-30 Glasgow Rd, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire G81 1SEPhotograph by Conrad Gross
- Mono presents: John McEntire (Tortoise, The Sea and Cake) + Schneider Kacirek (To Rococo Rot) + Sacred Paws DJ Thursday, November 19, 20157:30pmMono Cafe Bar10-12 King’s Court, King Street, Glasgow G1 5RB Mono Cafe Bar, Mono presents: John McEntire (Tortoise, The Sea and Cake)Schneider Kacirek (To Rococo ...
- David Simons Wee Literary Festival St Louis 25 November, 2015 David Simons at St Louis Cafe BarWednesday 25 November, 2015Music from Kick Jackson and John RossHost Linda Jackson734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- London Gig: Bear on Mars Saturday, November 21, 2015 The Wanstead Tap Bear on MarsSaturday, November 21, 20157:00pm – 11:00pmThe Wanstead TapArch 352 Winchelsea Road Forest Gate, London E7 0AQ A night of music and comedy – Bear on MarsJohn EllisCult With ...
- The Diggin Deep Project, McChuills 22 November, 2015 Dj’s Neil Bryson / bands : Caucasian Male / Mickey 9’s Glasgow Campaign To Welcome Refugees Awareness / Fundraiser https://www.youcaring.com/supporting-refugees-in-athens-and-lesvos-417157 Smokey Trotters Kitchen will be open with great ...
- FAIL BETTER: Industrial Hazards, McChuills, Thursday, November 12, 2015 FAIL BETTER: Industrial HazardsThursday, November 12, 2015 at 8:00pm McChuills Glasgow40 High Street, Glasgow G1 1NLDONT PANIC it’s all fine just sit back no really it’s all fine China’s gonna ...
- The Clutha Trust Fundraiser, 14 Nov 2015, Carlton Jug Band The Clutha Trust Fundraiser, 14 Nov 2015, Carlton Jug Band
- ‘The Influences’ on Saturday 21 November, 2015 The Glad Cafe The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HGWith Washington Irving, Pronto Mama, The Colour Of Whisky, Alistair Ogilvy, Iona Macdonald and Ryan Joseph Burns.Onder Invloed, the video project from ...
- The CC Music Scottish Ukulele Day 2015 Sat 7 Nov, 2015 12:30pm – 6:00pm CC Music Shop The CC Music Scottish Ukulele Day 20157 November, 201512:30pm – 6:00pmCC Music ShopAfter the success of last year’s event we’d like to annouce the second CC Music Scottish Ukulele Day, ...
- LIve at the Star Folk Club, Glasgow November/December 2015 All gigs 8 p.m.The Admiral Bar72 Waterloo St, Glasgow G2 7DAPhone: 0141 221 7705Maria Dunn 10th November, 2015 £8 Juno-nominated songwriter Maria Dunn (vocal, guitar, accordion) draws deeply on the folk tradition ...
- Fat Suit Tour, Cottiers, 20 December, 2015 With support from Oscar Cordoba.Cottiers, Hyndland Street,93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PUInformation and book tickets
- Spangled Cabaret, 9 November, 2015 The Glasgow School of Art Spangled Cabaret, 9 November, 20158:30pmThe Glasgow School of Art167 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6RQ Featuring:The Creative MartyrsThe Dreaded LurgiWild Card KittyMiss Innocence BlissLacy RainJohn CelestusAidan MceoinJack SquatRichard LaLa Pears
- Midnight Blues Band St. Louis Cafe Bar Saturday 7th November, 2015 Midnight Blues Band :: Live Music at St. Louis Cafe Bar :: Saturday 7th November, 2015 at 9pmMidnight Blues Band is the live music at St Louis Cafe Bar on ...
- Carbon Copy, The Lucky Break Clydebank 8 November, 2015 Carbon Copy This Sunday Afternoon At The World Famous Lucky Break…8 November, Sunday4p.m. The World Famous Lucky Break26-30 Glasgow Rd, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire G81 1SE
- The Hammerin’ Tongs, The Record Factory 6 November, 2015 Friday 6 November, 2015, The Record Factory, 17 Byres Road, G11 5RD
- This Feeling at King Tut’s with Crash Club, Friday 6 November, 2015 Crash Club – This Feeling – King Tut’s (w/ our future glore, the insomniac project and the trend)6 November, 2015King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL ...
- Belle and Sebastian and guests, SPECIAL SHOW IN AID OF SAVE THE CHILDREN – CHILD REFUGEE CRISIS APPEAL 2nd November, 2015 Clyde Auditorium SPECIAL SHOW IN AID OF SAVE THE CHILDREN – CHILD REFUGEE CRISIS APPEAL2nd November, 2015Clyde Auditorium19:00Over 14s (under 16s with an adult)£22.50 / £27.50 / £32.50ArtistsJim and Charlie (Simple Minds) ...
- Alan Reid and Rob van Sante, Charlie’s Restaurant, Mugdock Country Park, Friday 6 November, 2015 ALAN REID and ROB van SANTE (SCOTTISH FOLK) Charlie’s Restaurant at Mugdock Country Park next Friday, Nov.6th, 2015Tickets £10 – includes first drink or 4 tickets for £25 (includes first drink)… ...
- Trongate Rum Riots, The Rum Shack, 20 November, 2015 Rum Shack, 657-659 Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2AB
- Ivory Blacks, Ocean Zen and more Wed 4 November, 2015 Ivory Blacks, Ocean Zen and more Wed 4 November, 2015
- The Hellfire Club Americana Hallowe’en, The Griffin Bar, 31 October, 2015 The Griffin Bar – 266 Bath St, Glasgow G2 4JP8.30 p.m. Saturday 31 October, 2015‘To mark the return of The Hellfire Club to the Griffin, and on Halloween night too, ...
- Witches’ Sabbath. McChuills, Friday October, 30th, 2015 Witches’ SabbathHosted by Fanny Pelmet and the Bastard Suits Friday, October 30, 2015 7:30pmMcChuills – kicking off Hallowe’en WeekenderKick off the McChuill’s Halloween Weekender with an enchanted evening; featuring ...
- Southside Sessions Halloween Party Saturday, October 31, 2015 Lebowskis Southside Sessions Halloween PartySaturday, October 31, 20158:30pmLebowskis Pop UpHalloween 2015 with the Southside Sessions at this ace Southside music venue!Head through to the main stage area and enjoy live music ...
- Southside Sessions @ Lebowskis Pop Up 16 October, 2015 Southside Sessions @ Lebowskis Pop Up16 October, 20158:00pm – 11:45pm Lebowskis Pop Up69 Nithsdale Road, Glasgow G41 2AJ The first of our weekend showcase events at the new Southside Lebowskis!Head through ...
- Scott Macdonald and Davy Cowan The State Bar Friday 30 October, 2015 Scott Macdonald and Davy Cowan The State Bar Friday 30 October, 2015
- Spangled Cabaret, The Art School, Mon 12 October, 2015 The Spangled Cabaret12 October at 8.30 Featuring:MurnieKim KhaosVolcanic AshJack SquatDelilah CocklepopMiss Hell’s BelleGeorge Speirs-MarvellousmagicMarkee De Saw & Bert FinkleThe Art School20 Scott Street, Glasgow
- Mic Clarke The Oyster Hours Loch Fyne Oyster Bar Friday, October 30, 2015 11:00am – 2:00pm The Oyster Hours – Live MusicFriday, October 30, 201511:00am – 2:00pm Loch Fyne Oyster BarCairndow, Argyll And Bute Tickets Available www.lochfyne.comWe are delighted to announce that talented musician ...
- Deep River, The Lucky Break, Clydebank, Sun 18 October, 2015 Deep river this Sunday afternoon at the world famous lucky break…Sunday 18 October at 4 p.m. The World Famous Lucky Break 26 – 30 Dumbarton Road, Clydebank G811SE
- The Face On The Moon, Double A Single Launch, Box Saturday 24 October 2015 The Face On The Moon, Double A Single Launch, Box Saturday 24 October 2015
- Charity Single Launch with Lynnie Carson Saturday, October 17, 2015 The Admiral Bar Charity Single Launch with Lynnie CarsonSaturday, October 17, 20157:30pm – 10:30pmThe Admiral Bar72A Waterloo Street, Glasgow G27DA ‘Hello all you lovely people, I know it’s a while away but Jen ...
- Alistair Ogilvy supporting Ciaran Lavery Friday 16th of October, 2015 Nice ‘n’ Sleazy Alistair Ogilvy supporting Ciaran Lavery Friday 16th of October 7.30 p.m.Nice ‘n’ SleazyTickets – Buy tickets online music glue£6.50+ £1 booking fee Hailing from the small Irish village of Aghagallon, ...
- The Lindisfarne Story – Gartmore Village Hall Sunday, November 1, 2015 Sunday, November 1, 20157:30pmGartmore Village HallMain St, Stirling FK8 3RNHost Duncan McCroneRay Laidlaw and Billy Mitchell telling the story of their iconic band in music, words and pictures. The ...
- Mick Hargan/Cammy Black/Up In Smoke/Mari Green/Sean Gaffney/Danny Livingston, The Glad Cafe, 16 October, 2015 Friday, October 16 at 7:00pmThe Glad CafePlease note: Admittance to this show is only guaranteed if you order Your ticket at mickhargan.bigcartel.com SEATEDshow. Limited CapacityThe Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, ...
- Crimes Of The Future + Willie Burns @ The Berkeley Suite 9 October, 2015 The Berkeley Suite Crimes Of The Future + Willie Burns @ The Berkeley Suite 9 October, 2015 11:00pm – 3:00am The Berkeley Suite 237 North Street, Glasgow G3 ...
- Ian Bruce and Fraser Bruce, Album Launch, Adelaides, Bath St Saturday 10 October, 2015 Mrs Bruce’s Boys – Concert and Album launch, Saturday 10th October, Adelaides.It’s 29 years since Ian Bruce and Fraser Bruce did a Mrs Bruce’s Boys gig. This one promises to ...
- Anna Coogan and Willie B support Colin Clyne Thur 8 October, 2015 Woodend Thursday 8 October at Woodend 8 – the wonderful Anna Coogan and Willie B, with support from Colin Clyne Hope you can make it along and see some really great ...
- Tergazzi Wednesday Sessions Ivory Blacks 7 October, 2015 Tergazzi Wednesday Sessions Ivory Blacks 7 October, 2015
- Danielle Howle and Scott MacDonald, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club Monday 28 Sept 2015 Sounds in the SuburbsFolks don’t be missing this show now!! Next Monday at Woodend a belter of a gig coming up with Danielle Howle and Scott MacDonald playing. Danielle comes ...
- Traquair and the Tranquilizers / The Chinaskis / Craig Hughes 27 September, 2015 Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
Traquair and the Tranquilizers / The Chinaskis / Craig Hughes
27 September, 2015
Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
Vagabond Social Club head to Sleazies for its first gig (and hopefully not the ...
- Raging Twilight at the Western Baths Club Saturday, October 10, 2015 Raging Twilight at the Western Baths ClubSaturday, October 10, 2015An evening of song and repartee with the band.9:00pm Western Baths Club12 Cranworth Street, Glasgow G12 8BZ
- Saramago present: Frank Gossner (Lagos Disco Inferno / Voodoo Funk) Sat 26 September 2015 CCA Saramago present: Frank Gossner (Lagos Disco Inferno / Voodoo Funk)Sat 26 September 2015CCA10pm – 3am, £8 + £1 booking fee, Saramago CafeAges 18+Book online0141 352 4900Saramago and Breathing Walls (loosen ...
- Indy Ref Anniversary Party, The Lucky Break Clydebank, Friday 18 September, 2015 The Lucky Break, 26-30 Glasgow Rd, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire G81 1SE
- Olifant Collective + Product Saturday 19 September, 2015 Rio Cafe Olifant Collective + ProductSaturday 19 September, 20158:30pm – 11:00pmThe Rio Cafe27 Hyndland street, Glasgow G11 5QF
- Carol Kidd, Strathclyde Suite, Royal Concert Hall, 2 October, 2015 Carol KiddLate Night Jazz Special 9.30 – 11.30 p.m.2nd October, 2015Strathclyde Suite, Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3NYFull details and book ticketsCarol, who is thrilled to be ...
- The High Flight LIVE : Freshers For Freaks Thursday 17 September, 2015 Nice n Sleazy The High Flight LIVE : Freshers For Freaks Thursday 17 September, 20157:30pmNice n Sleazy 421 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG Five pounds on the doorFRESHERS FOR FREAKSHere ...
- Mothers Ruin September 25, 2015 The Beechwood Mothers Ruin September 25, 2015 9.20 p.m.The BeechwoodA night of live blues and rock from Mother’s RuinThe Beechwood, 156-164 Ardmay Crescent, Glasgow G44 4PP
- The Jean Redpath Story, Folk Music at Adelaide’s, 9th October, 2015 Through photographs, video and some unique live recordings, this evening will be an opportunity to experience the magic of Jean Redpath. This evening will be an exploration and celebration of ...
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra – Brewin Dolphin: Music at the Museum 11 and 12 Sept. Kelvingrove Royal Scottish National Orchestra – Brewin Dolphin presents Music at the Museum Friday 11 and Saturday 12 September, 2015 at 8pm Kelvingrove Art Gallery and MuseumArgyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG Seated £25, £20, ...
- Big Blues Day The Ferry Sunday 13 September, 2015 BIG BLUES DAYThe Ferry25 Anderston Quay,Glasgow G3 8BXSunday 13th SeptemberCome on down to The Ferry and enjoy some great local blues music with some of the best talent appearing from ...
- Senyawa, Cryptic Glasgow’s Discover Indonesia, Saturday 12 September, 2015 Avant-garde Indonesian metal duo Senyawa will be playing at The Art School as part of Cryptic Glasgow’s Discover Indonesia series of events.The Art School20 Scott Street, Glasgow, G3 6PE12 September ...
- Declan Welsh 12 Sept, 2015 Broadcast Broadcast 427 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3LG12th September with Toy Tin Soldier, Something, Someone. & Megan Airlie – Music . PLEASE don’t leave tickets until the last minute – close ...
- The Ettrick Festival, 27 September, 3 p.m. until late Old Kilpatrick G60 The Ettrick Festival, 27 September, 3 p.m. until late Old Kilpatrick G60
- 5 Past Midnight The Lucky Break – Sunday 13 September, 2015 13 September, 20154 p.m. 26-30 Glasgow Rd, Clydebank, G81 1SEPhone:0141 941 2052Event on Facebook
- The Face on the Moon, The Vale, 26 September, 2015. The Face on the Moon, The Vale, 26 September, 2015.
- The Flatt River Band, Lambhill Stables, Fridy 6 November, 2015 The Flatt River BandBluegrass/Country/FolkLambhill StablesFriday 6th November, 2015 7.30 Brilliant Music Club, Tickets At The Door . Soup At The Break & B.Y.Owww.lambhillstables.org/Lambhill Stables0141 945 410011 N Canal Bank St, ...
- G&T – HIGH SPIRITS Album Launch with Mec Lir & Innes Watson Stereo 7 Oct 2015 G&T – HIGH SPIRITS Album Launch with Mec Lir & Innes WatsonWednesday, October 7, 20157:30pmStereo Cafe Bar20 – 28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PH G&T are launching their brand new ...
- Dixon Avenue Basement Jams + Fabio Monesi @ The Berkeley Suite Frid Sep 4, 2015 Dixon Avenue Basement Jams + Fabio Monesi @ The Berkeley Suite Friday Sep 4 2015at 11:00pm The Berkeley Suite237 North Street, Glasgow G3 7DLStraight off the back ...
- The Coal Porters, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, 6 September, 2015 Sunday the 6th of September the Coal Porters are back at Woodend. They are without a doubt one of the best live acts to take the Woodend stage and a great night of ...
- Thomas Truax + Product Live in Glasgow Sunday, September 27, 2015 The Hug and Pint Thomas Truax + Product Live in Glasgow Sunday, September 278:00pm The Hug and Pint Find Tickets: www.thehugandpint.com“Enthralling, mind-blowingly original and totally bonkers : just a few ways to ...
- Crossfire, The Lucky Break, Clydebank Sunday 6 Sept 2015 Crossfire this sunday afternoon at the world famous lucky break… Sunday 6 Septemberat 4:00pm the world famous lucky breaknew band this sunday ….crossfire……worth checking out…The Lucky Break, ...
- FailBetter at McChuills Punk. Poems. Rivers. Flowing. Thurs, Sept 24, 2015 Punk. Poems. Rivers. Flowing.Thursday, September 24, 2015FailBetter at McChuills 8:00pm PETROL GIRLS: Raging feminist hardcore from South East London. A spiky bundle of conkers ripening in the autumn wind, ...
- Gemma Bovery GFT Friday 28 August – Thursday 3 September, 2015 Gemma Bovery15GFTFriday 28 August – Thursday 3 September, 2015Relocating from the hustle and bustle of Paris to a small Norman village, former publisher Martin Joubert is trying to settle into ...
- Sweet Sorrows/ Electrics Unplugged In Concert Wellpark Mid Kirk in Greenock Sat 10 October, 2015 Sweet Sorrows/ Electrics Unplugged In Concert Wellpark Mid Kirk in Greenock Sat 10 October at 7.30pm. Tickets £5.00 at door. The first time the original Electrics – Sammy Horner, Davie ...
- Bearpit Brothers, E.P. Launch: Something Cruel, Sat 22 August, The Glad Cafe Bearpit Brothers launch their second EP, ‘Something Cruel’ in the Glad CafeWith Ryan Morcambe and Poetry from Stephen WattSaturday, August 22, 2015 at 7:30pm Tickets £5 @Brown Paper TicketsDress for the ...
- The Lat Internationale 27 Aug 2015 OranMor The Last InternationaleOranMor (top of Byres Rd) G 12Thu, 27 August, 2015 at 7:00pmFounded by New York City natives Delila Paz and Edgey Pires, The Last Internationale quickly forged a ...
- Mike Tramp Friday 11th September 2015 The Classic Grand Mike TrampFriday 11th September 2015The Classic GrandMichael Trempenau better known as Mike Tramp is a Danish singer and songwriter £137:00pm til 11:00pm (last entry 9:00pm)Minimum Age: 18The Classic Grand18 Jamaica ...
- Rose Kallal, with Cru Servers and Phosphene CCA Tue 15 September 2015 The Hidden Noise / humansacrifice presentRose Kallal, with Cru Servers and PhospheneCCATue 15 September 20158pm, £7 + 70p booking fee (£6 + 60p concessions) via WeGotTickets, available on the door, ...
- Jessie Rae – live music video show , The Art School, Sat 29 Aug 2015 Dumb Instrument: Jessie Rae – live music video show + Brass Aye? + Nick Ferrara (Elements of Soul) The Art School Saturday 29 August, 2015 8 p.m. £10 £5 After show clubBuy tickets ...
- LITTLE FIRE / TOM VEVERS / CALUM PEARCE Sunday 13 September, 2015 13th Note LITTLE FIRE / TOM VEVERS / CALUM PEARCESunday 13 September, 201513th NoteLittle Fire – Little Fire is an award winning singer/songwriter from Ayr. Inspired by the warm tone of the ...
- THE WRONG BOYFRIENDS / THE UNIVERSAL THEE / LT:BK Saturday 12 September, 2015 13th Note THE WRONG BOYFRIENDS / THE UNIVERSAL THEE / LT:BKSaturday 12 September, 201513th NoteThe Wrong Boyfriends – Dream drowned, demented, gravedigging ghouls The Wrong Boyfriends awake from a sleep of a ...
- UNCLE JUDAS / THE ROTATIONS / THE BRUTES / THE ANIMAL MOTHERS 13th Note Tuesday 25 August, 2015 UNCLE JUDAS / THE ROTATIONS / THE BRUTES / THE ANIMAL MOTHERS13th NoteTuesday 25 August, 2015Uncle Judas: Garage rock four-piece religious experience / The Rotations: Iggy Pop meets Can in ...
- Verses E.P. Launch, Nice ‘n’ Sleazy 27 August, 2015 Verses E.P. Launch,Nice ‘n’ Sleazy27 August, 2015Launch of the fantastic Verses EP , totally free entry and featuring both fresh as it comes talent and established heavyweights such as : ...
- Alex Cornish Tuesday 1 September, 2015 The Glad Cafe Alex Cornish Tuesday 1 September, 2015The Glad CafeAlex Cornish is a Scottish Edinburgh-based singer-songwriter.His début album, Until the Traffic Stops, was released in 2008 on Bellevue Records and was co-produced by ...
- The Young Bucks at the Glad Cafe Saturday 29 August, 2015 Medical Aid for Palestinians The Young Bucks at the Glad Cafe Saturday 29 August, 2015Medical Aid for Palestinians The Glad CafeThis fund-raising night for Medical Aid for Palestinians is an opportunity to support and ...
- Celebrating Women in Music, Dynamic Meladies, Wed 2 September, Big Mouth Coffee Co, G11 Dynamic Meladies is hosting an evening Celebrating Women in MusicWednesday 2nd September from 7.30 – 10.00pm,Big Mouth Coffee Co, 167Dumbarton Road G11 6AA.All women are invited to join the celebration ...
- Carlton Jug Band The Lucky Break Clydebank Sunday 23 August, 2015 Carlton Jug Band The Lucky Break ClydebankSunday 23 August, 2015 Sunday 4:00pmCarlton Jug Band is a Glasgow based loose-knit country collective. Country and Bluegrass are the main inspirations behind ...
- Duncan McCrone Band, Live at the Star Folk Club, Tuesday 25 August, 2015 Duncan McCrone is a Glasgow-born singer-songwriter with over thirty-five years experience of live performance both solo and with a variety of traditional bands. Duncan performs original songs, traditional ballads and ...
- Glasgow Blues Club, Record Factory, Byres Road, Glasgow G12 Glasgow Blues Club, Record Factory, Byres Road, Glasgow G12
- FAIL BETTER goes Doune the Rabbit Hole! Thursday 13 August, 2015 – 8 p.m. McChuills FAIL BETTER goes Doune the Rabbit Hole! Thursday 13 August, 2015 – 8 p.m.McChuills GlasgowOn the 21st – 23rd of August amidst the glorious ancient oak trees of the Cardross ...
- Linda Jaxson Band, St Louis Cafe Bar, Partick, Saturday 29 August, 2015 St Louis Cafe Bar, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RDwww.stlouis-cafebar.co.uk/
- Urban Creek at The World Famous Lucky Break Sunday 16 August, 2015 Urban Creek at The World Famous Lucky Break Sunday 16 August, 2015 4:00pmLucky-Break Clydebank26 Glasgow Road, Clydebank G81 1SE
- Lola in Slacks: Single Release, Friday, August 28, 2015 CCA Lola in Slacks, Single Release Friday, August 28, 2015 at 7:30pm CCA Glasgow tickets-scotland.comIn celebration of forthcoming debut single ‘Tramlines’ on Stereogram Recordings (31/08/15), we are pleased to announce a special live ...
- The Mick Tausney Band, The Lucky Break, Clydebank Sunday 9 August, 2015 The Mick Tausney Band The World Famous Lucky Break Sunday 9 August, 20154:00pm26-30 Glasgow Rd, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire G81 1SE
- Magners’ Summer Nights Kelvingrove Bandstand 6 – 13 August, 2015 Magners Summer NightsKelvingrove BandstandKelvin Way, (adjacent to Art Gallery)Highlights of this year’s festival include King Creosote, Echo & the Bunnymen, Roddy Frame and Glasvegas. More information and buy ticketsartists
- The Stray Birds plus The Jellyman’s Daughter, Tues 25th Aug 2015 St Andrew’s In The Square The Stray Birds plus The Jellyman’s Daughter Tuesday 25th August 2015St Andrew’s In The Square GlasgowTickets £14 from Tickets Scotland 0141 204 5151Doors 7.30pm, 8pm start.Book onlineThe Stray Birds, who ...
- St Louis 5th Birthday Party with Spiders on Mars, Frid 14th Aug, 2015 Party Time At St Louis Cafe BarSt Louis 5th Birthday PartyFriday 14th August, 2015The David Bowie Tribute Band – Spiders On Mars will help celebrate the occasion.All WelcomeSt Louis Cafe ...
- Linda Jaxson Blue Band, Sat 29 August, St Louis Cafe Bar Live Music at St. Louis Linda Jaxson Blue Band Saturday 29th August, 2015 at 9pmLive music at St Louis Cafe Bar with Linda Jaxson Blue Band – as always you ...
- She Makes War support Gareth McNicol, Friday 14 August, The Blue Chair She Makes War support Gareth McNicol, Friday 14 August, The Blue Chair
- Butterfly Rammy – Glasgow Preview Thurs, 6 Aug, 2015 Mono Cafe Bar Butterfly Rammy – Glasgow PreviewThursday, 6 August, 20158:30pm – 10:00pm Mono Cafe BarJust before we begin our run of 21 dates at the Edinburgh Fringe, we’re delighted to have an advance ...
- FURY Come To Glasgow! Shadow Central – Glasgow Saturday, October 10, 2015 FURY Come To Glasgow! + Damaj and 1 more tbc – Shadow Central – GlasgowSaturday, October 10, 20157:30pmNew Hellfire Club Glasgow Shadow Sound65 Commerce Street, Glasgow G5 8ADEvent on Facebook
- Dream Machine at Market On The Corner August 1, 2015 Dream Machine at Market On The Corner August 1, 2015 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. This weekend’s line up at Market on the Corner looks something a ...
- The Clutha Re-opens, Friday 24th, July, 2015 – 8 p.m. An emotional day with the re-opening of the Clutha 600 days after the tragedy and closure of this iconic Glasgow pub.There will be a private function for invited guests at ...
- Live at the Star, Tuesdays 28 July – 25 August, 2015 Rallion 28th July, 2015 £8 Rallion are a three piece contemporary folk group, hailing from Glasgow and Perthshire. They bring a wide range of musical influences together to create their ...
- Iain Matthews and Egbert Derix, 1 August 2015, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club Iain Matthews and Egbert Derix, 1 August 2015, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club
- Chris Duncan Fri 24 July 2015, CCA PCL present C DuncanFri 24 July 20157pm, £7 + £1 booking fee, Theatre Ages 18+ Book online / 0141 352 4900A string of lauded live shows, a hotly anticipated debut ...
- Sheets of Summer, 13th Note 24 – 26 July, 2015 13th NoteFriday 24 Saturday 25 Sunday 26 SHEETS OF SUMMER ***ONES TO WATCH*** In honour of the annual Merchant City Festival, 13th not once more bring to you SHEETS OF ...
- Nice n Sleazy – The Franklys + The Brutes + Faiides + special guests 30 July, 2015 The Franklys + The Brutes + Faiides + special guests @ Nice N Sleazy, GlasgowThursday 30 July, 2015 19:30 Room: Main Room The Franklys + The Brutes + Faiides ...
- Guided Walking Tours of Glasgow’s music scene, past and present – from August, 2015 Guided Walking Tours of Glasgow’s music scene, past and presentExplore the fascinating places, people and performances which have shaped Glasgow’s musical landscape and hear the tales of the venues. Choice ...
- Jack Garratt King Tuts Wah Wah Hut 31st July, 2015 King Tuts Wah Wah Hut 31st July, 2015 Doors | 20:30 Price | £ 8.00 www.soundcloud.com/jackgarratt www.youtube.com/garrattsvids www.twitter.com/jackgarrattBuy tickets 272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow, ...
- Perduramo, King Tuts, 26 July, 2015 Sunday 26 July, 2015King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut Perduramo + Hershel’s Head + SeaOfCrowns + Aboriginals (DJ set: Never Make Friends + Bar show: Huxtable) – PART OF KING TUT’S SUMMER ...
- King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Friday 23 July, 2015 Broken Boy + Poor Frisco + Saint Secaire King Tut’s Wah Wah HutFriday 23 July, 2015Doors | 20:30 Broken Boy + Poor Frisco + Saint Secaire – (DJ set: Pop Cop + Bar show: FOREIGNFOX) PART OF KING ...
- Doghouse Roses / Katarina Juvancic & Dejan Lapanja, State Bar, 4 Sept 2015 Doghouse Roses / Katarina Juvancic & Dejan LapanjaFriday, September 4, 2015 at 7:30pm State BarTickets £7 available in advance from Tickets Scotland http://t-s.co/doghoFollowing an 18 month hiatus, ...
- Dean Friedman – In Concert 31 Jul 2015, Websters Theatre Dean Friedman – In Concert 31 Jul 2015 – 8:00 pm – 10:00 pmTickets £26 adults/£21 concessions (inc. booking fee)Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road (at the junction with Park Road, ...
- Della Mae Wed, 29 July, 2015 at 7:30pm OranMor, G12 Wed, 29 July, 2015 at 7:30pmOranMor, (top of Byres Road), G12The follow-up to their Grammy-nominated 2013 album, ‘This World Oft Can Be,’ Della Mae’s self-titled second release for Rounder ...
- Southside Sessions Sweeneys in the Park, 6 August, 2015 Sweeney’s On The Park Thursday, August 6 8:30pm Free eventThe Southside Sessions present a range of new acoustic acts every Thursday night!Live music from:Jim Byrne: folk, blues and Americana Jim Byrne: folk, ...
- Martin Stephenson, 1 August 2015, Excelsior Stadium, Airdrie Still chance to snap up the last few tickets for Martin G Stephenson return to Airdrie on Saturday 01 August, birthplace of one of his finest albums. Venue is the ...
- Fox Star, Community Arts Festival, Kelvingrove Bandstand 24 – 26 Jul 2015 Kelvingrove Bandstand and Ampitheatre, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow, G3 7LHFriday 24, Saturday 25 an Sunday 26 July, 2015A weekend of music, spoken word, visual art and kids activities galore. For all generations ...
- Prestfest Club 65, 31 July and 1 August, 2015 Prestfest Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 8:00pm 65 Cub Main Street Prestwick Little Fire, Alan Frew Band, Katie Hitchen and Wull and the ...
- Sean C Kennedy, Magnum Theatre, Irvine, 14 August, 2015 Sean C Kennedy, Magnum Theatre, Irvine, 14 August, 2015
- Supporting Democracy: Music and Words, Thursday 9 July, 2015 Siempre Bicycle Cafe Supporting Democracy: Music and Words Part 4Thursday 9 July, 20157 p.m. Siempre Bicycle Cafe162 Dumbarton Road, Partick, Glasgow G116XE If you think we have equality, you’re not paying attentionIf ...
- Blood or Whiskey, with Ballachulish Hellhounds, King Tuts Wah Wah Hut 8 August, 2015 Blood or Whiskey King Tuts Wah Wah Hut 8 August, 2015 Tickets £8 Gig info and buy tickets Or buy special £5 ticket from ...
- Dave Arcari and Mick Hargan, Double Headline Show, The Glad Cafe 17 July With Special Guests John Mackay and Up In Smoke Friday, July 17, 2-157:00pmThe Glad Cafe Double headline show Newborn sessions present Dave Arcari ./ Mick Hargan. Support from ...
- Blackfriars, Merchants City, Gigs July, 2015 Coming up in July including details of the Merchant City Festival Stage Bands… Tuesday Nights The Shiverin Sheiks 9pm free entry Thursday Nights Big Sandys Open Mic 8.30pm ...
- Southside Sessions Birthday Party, Thursday 9 July, 2015
Sweeney’s On The Park
Thursday, July 9
The Southside Sessions has been running for 10 years! Join us tonight and celebrate this milestone with us!
This party includes ...
- Alistair Ogilvy ‘July Moon’ Album Launch + Siobhan Wilson – 8th July – The Hug and Pint, Wednesday, July 8, 2015 Alistair Ogilvy ‘July Moon’ Album Launch + Siobhan Wilson – 8th July – The Hug and Pint Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:30pm One of Scotland’s ...
- Live at the Star Club Glasgow, June/July 2015 All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.Chuck Fleming & Benny Graham 30th June, 2015, £9Two of the North East of England’s ...
- Shoot the Craw, Saturday, 4th July, 2015, Partick Brewing Company Patrick Brewing Company, 163 Dumbarton Rd, Partick, Glasgow, G11 6AASaturday, 4th July, 2015Free entry“Shoot the Craw” is a powerhouse 5 piece all live band fronted by a dynamic female vocalist , ...
- Candleriggs Free Stage Glasgow Jazz Festival Candleriggs Free StageGlasgow Jazz FestivalFRI 26 June 5 – 8pm, SAT 27 June 2 – 8pm, SUN 28 June 2 – 8pmHeadlining Fri 26 Funk Nation, Sat 27 Rose Room ...
- Partisans, The Rio Club, Glasgow Jazz Festival 25 June, 2015 PartisansThursday, June 25th 2015 at 7:30pm The Rio Club Merchant Square, G1 1LE Glasgow, United Kingdom www.jazzfest.co.ukMULTI-AWARD WINNING ‘POST JAZZ’ GROUP HAVE BEEN THRILLING AUDIENCES WITH THEIR FEROCIOUSLY ENERGETIC ...
- Cathie Devitt, St Louis, Wednesday 1 July, 2015 St Louis Cafe/Bar, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- IAIN FORBES + KING OF BIRDS + CHLOE MARIE, CC Music Shop, Sunday 21 June, 2015 IAIN FORBES @ The West End Festival + KING OF BIRDS + CHLOE MARIE Sunday 21 June, 20153:00pm – 6:00pmPart of West End FestivalCC Music Shop33 Otago Street, Glasgow G12 ...
- Raintown at CC Music Shop – West End Festival Part of West End FestivalOn Sunday, 14 June, 2015, I went along with Jim and his dad, Jimmy, to catch Raintoun perform at CC Music Shop, 33 Otago Street in ...
- Little Fire & Scott Macdonald Thursday, July 9, 2015 The Glad Cafe Little Fire & Scott MacdonaldThursday, July 9 8:00pm The Glad CafeTickets £7 on the door or purchase online at Buy tickets onlinewww.littlefiremusic.com/www.scott-macdonald.co.uk/The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands, G41 2HG
- Raintown and Guests C C Music Otago Street, 14 June, 2015 Raintown and GuestsC C Music33 Otago Street, G12 8JJSunday 14 June 2:00pmFree Event.www.ccmusicshop.co.ukEight awards in 3 years, including the recent British Country Music Award’s (BMCA) for ‘Entertainer of the Year’ ...
- Linda Jaxson Blues Trio The Howlin’ Wolf, July 11 2015 FreeThe Howlin Wolf, 100 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 2EN
- Gemma Hayes + Andrew Mitchell Oran Mor, Sat 13 June, 2015 Gemma Hayes+ Andrew Mitchell (Hazey Janes/Idlewild)Oran Mor, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow G12Saturday 13 June, 2015Entry Requirements: Over 14sGeneral Admission (e-ticket)£16.50 (+£1.65 S/C)Gemma Hayes’ new album, Bones + Longing is ...
- Colleen Brown, West End Festival, 26 June, 2015 Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow, G1226 June, 2015“The talents of this Edmonton-based musician shine like a beacon. Her boldly written originals… have the good bones and great melodic rhythm ...
- Bdy Prts and Le Thug, Stereo, 12 June, 2015 Don’t miss the triumphant return of Bdy_Prts w/ support from Le ThugStereo Cafe Bar Friday 12th June, 2015Bdy Prts, an alliance of two of Scotland’s most talented female musicians.Stereo, 22-28 Renfield ...
- Let It Shine – Yorkhill Charity Concert, )2 ABC, Friday 12 June, 2015 Let It Shine – Yorkhill Charity ConcertRaising donations for YorkHill Children’s Hospital.Venue: O2 ABC Glasgow Friday 12th June 2015GENERAL: 07:00PM VIP: 06:30PMEntry Fee STANDARD £10.00 (inc. GBP 1.25 fees)VIP £12 ...
- El Cantante sessions Elvis Presley appreciation night and Preshow , Jayz Bar, 10 June, 2015 El Cantante sessions Elvis Presley appreciation night and Preshow ( fundraising for let it shine ) yorkhill hospital10 June, 20155.45 p.m.Jayz Bar and Restaurant87 Kilmarnock Road, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3YR ...
- Michael Simons, Sweeneys in the Park, Friday 12 June, 2015 Michael Simons Friday, June 12, 20159:00pmSweeney’s on the Park 962 Pollokshaws Road,Glasgow G412ET Slowtrain are on the move again with their unique take on blues and roots classicsMichael ...
- Winter Stay Autumn: The Debut Album From Sorren Maclean Glasgow Shows:BBC at the Quay festival, Glasgow, 7th JuneLove Music instore, 4 Dundas Street, Glasgow, G1 2AQ, 8th JuneSorren Maclean presents his debut album Winter Stay Autumn, available from Monday ...
- Village Green Resurrection Rio Cafe Friday 05 June, 2015 at 7:30pm Village Green ResurrectionRio Cafe21 Hyndland Street, G11 5QFFriday 05 Jun 7:30pmFree Event“The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society” is the sixth studio album by the English rock group The ...
- Southside Shindig, Saturday 6 June, 2015 There is a great performance programme at the Queens Park Arena featuring Theatre at Queens, Dholbeats, Glasgow Hong Lok Dragon n Dance Troupe, The Mackintosh Choir, Abhinaya Dance Academy, Spinning ...
- The Daddy Naggins, Lucky Break, Clydebank Sunday 7 June, 2015 The Daddy Naggins The Lucky break Sunday 7th June, 2015 2 p.m. This sunday afternoon at the world famous lucky break…The Lucky Break,26-30 Glasgow Road, ...
- Natalie Press, Mono Cafe Bar, 22nd June, 2015 Natalie Prass – Live in Concert Mon 22nd June – Mono Cafe Bar, Glasgowalso Wed 2nd Sept – The Electric Circus, Edinburgh. ‘We saw her supporting Ryan Adams ...
- Old New Borrowed and Blue, Kim Hickey – fundraising concerts – beat blood cancer An eclectic mix of traditional and electro acoustic pieces for flutes, including several world and European premiersThe Venues are as follows:Cottiers Theatre May 31, 6 pm 93 Hyndland St G11 ...
- Bruce Springsteen Appreciation night at Jayz Bar, Wed 3 June, 2015 Bruce Springsteen Appreciation night at Jayz BarWednesday, June 37:30pmThe FABLES PLUS JOHN IRVINE – JONNY BOYD -DEREK BROWN AT JAYZ BAR FREE9:00pm at Jayz Bar and RestaurantFollowing the success of ...
- The Hellfire Club, McHuills, Saturday 23 May, 2015 The Hellfire Club have just launched their new album, Songs for Fallen Stars, and the band will be performing tracks from it this Saturday at McHuills in the High Street. ...
- Southside Fringe Music Marathon, Saturday 23 May, 2015 Jayz Bar and RestaurantSaturday 23 May at 12:00pm – 11:45pm Raising funds for the fringe with this free entry all day Musical Marathon!Live music from a wide range of ...
- Sophie Rogers – Booked! Wed 20th May, 2015 Duntocher Library Booked! West Dunbartonshire Festival of Words 2015Words and MusicFeaturing Sophie Rogers and Guests including Adam Ross GreeneWednesday 20th MayDuntocher Library7:30 pmSophie Rogers.Following on from a fantastic evening of music last ...
- Saint Etienne Live: How We Used to Live, Tuesday 19 May, 2015 GFT Saint Etienne Live: How We Used to LiveN/C 12+GFTBuy Tickets →In 2013 British director Paul Kelly teamed up with much-loved electro pop trio Saint Etienne to create this elegant and ...
- Paul Tasker & John Alexander / Shipcote and friends, State Bar, 26 June, 2015 Paul Tasker & John Alexander / Shipcote and friends Friday, June 26 – 7:00pm A joint bill of featuring acoustic guitar duo Paul Tasker & ...
- The Foghorn Stringband, CCA 17 May, 2015 Globally renowned old-time quartet The Foghorn Stringband announce Ireland & UK Tour for May in support of new album Devil In The SeatAppearing: CCA, Glasgow on Sunday May 17, 2015“There’s ...
- Seventies Nite Party, The Lucky Break, Saturday 30 May, 2015 Big seventies party nite with Trex tribute band and seventies discoOnly a fiver a ticket….make sure and get yours.Saturday, May 30 at 8:00pm The Lucky Break ...
- Terry Reid, CCA, Sat 16 May, 2015 Saturday, May 16 7:30pmCCATickets: www.wegottickets.com CCA< 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
- Linsey Aitken and Ken Campbell, Mugdock Park Theatre, 14 May, 2015 Linsey Aitken and Ken Campbell, Mugdock Park Theatre, 14 May, 2015
- Open Wednesdays Summer 2015 at The Kelvingrove Bandstand Open days at the refurbished Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheatre, Kelvin Way, G12 Opening May 6th!10am – 6pmDuring May, June and July 2015 there will be free and open access on ...
- Keiran Sinclair, Jayz Bar, 1 May, 2015 This image requires an alt attribute.
- CD Launch: Fram’s album Against Nature, Old Hairdressers 8 May, 2015 Can you please add this gig to your what’s on section. It is a launch for Fram’s album ‘Against Nature’ at the Old Hairdresser’s on the 8 May. We’ll ...
- Live at The Star, April – May, 2015 All Gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
28th April, 2015
The Tannahill Weavers are one of Scotland’s premier traditional bands. ...
- Restart: Album release from One Last Secret, 24 April, 2015
On Friday 24th April, Ayrshire Rock Pop outfit One Last Secret release their exciting debut album Restart at the infamous Broadcast, Glasgow with support from the very talented Between Mockingbirds ...
- Saturday Night at The Griffin, 18 April
Michael Simons supports John Hinshelwood
18 April, 2015
The Griffin 266 Bath Street,Glasgow
12 Rose Street, Glasgow, G3 6RB.
- Joshua Burnside – Nice N Sleazy Saturday, May 2 , 2015
Joshua Burnside – Nice N SleazySaturday, May 28 p.m. Glasgow-based experimental/folk artist Joshua Burnside and his long-time musical cohorts invite you to a night of musical exploration. Stumbling beats, ...
- Mark Olson plus Monica Queen Wed. 22nd April 2015 The CCA Wednesday 22nd April 2015The CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street GlasgowTickets £13 from The CCA 0141 352 4900The Fallen AngelsJayhawks’ founder member, Mark Olson continues to create and record – and he’ll ...
- Dirty Work Sunday Afternoon 19 April, 2015 At The World Famous Lucky Break
Sunday Afternoon 19 April, 2015At The World Famous Lucky Break 4:00pm The lucky break snooker club26-30 glasgow R.D Clydebank, G81 1SE
- Dexy’s Bootleg Runners, The Lucky Break 22 May 2015
The Lucky Break, 26-30 Glasgow Road, Clydebank, G81 1SE
- A Night of Musical Theatre, Agape Cafe, 24 April, 2015 Agape Cafe and Wellbeing Centre
We are happy to announce our ” A night of Musical Theatre” concert on, Friday 24th April at 7.30pm At East Mains Baptist Church ...
- Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham, The Debating Chamber, 28 May 2015
The Debating ChamberGlasgow University Union, Queen Margaret Drive, G12 All Seated Show Thursday 28 May, 2015“They are probably the best traditional musicians you are ever likely to hear” Mike RussellAn intimate ...
- Sunday Night Open Mic Jayz Bar
Jayz Bar, 87 Kilmarnock Road, Glasgow G41 3YR
Every Sunday– 8pm til midnight
All performers and music lovers welcome, acoustic guitar, jam session options, a free drink for performers and good vibes ...
- Give Art Fundraiser, Record Factory, Sunday 5 April, 2015
Sunday, 5 April 2015 from 19:30 to 23:00
Join us at Record Factory for an evening of comedy & music to raise funds for GIVE ART, a community project for children ...
- Hunter Hayes, OranMor Tues, 26 May, 2015
Hunter Hayes, OranMor
Tues, 26 May, 2015 at 7:00pm
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Hailed as a “country-rock-blues guitar hero in the making” by the Los Angeles Times, five-time GRAMMY nominee and ...
- The Foz, Album Launch, Stereo, 10 April, 2015 Stereo, 22-28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PH
- AC Projects Counterflows Festival 2015 CCA 2 – 5 April, 2015 AC ProjectsCounterflows Festival 2015
Thu 2 April — Sun 5 April 2015
Full programme at www.counterflows.comBook online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
CounterflowsOpening Launch ReceptionCounterflows & Novas Frequencias
Thu 2 April 2015
CounterflowsChinese Cookie ...
- The Style Councillors OranMor, Thursday, 02 April, 2015
The Style Councillors
OranMor, top of Byres Road, G12
Thu, 02 April, 2015 at 7:00pm
The worlds only tribute to the mighty Style Council, a full 11 piece lineup replicating the very best ...
- New album: ‘Music for String Quartet, Piano & Celeste’ by Francis Macdonald (Photo by Niall Webster)
New album by Francis Macdonald from Teenage Fanclub
‘Music for String Quartet, Piano & Celeste’
Featuring musicians from the renowned Scottish Ensemble
CD, Digital and Limited Edition 12” White Vinyl ...
- Jam City @ Stereo, Glasgow, 22 April, 2015 Synergy Concerts presents:
Wednesday 22 April 8 p.m.@ Stereo, GlasgowJam City returns to Glasgow to showcase his new album, Dream a Garden, out now on Night Slugs.
Tickets: £9.50 Buy onlinehttps://soundcloud.com/jam-cityhttp://nightslugs.net/jam-cityStereo, ...
- Hue and Cry: ‘September Songs Weekend’ 02 ABC, 25-26 September, 20125
Tickets for ‘September Songs’ weekend at the O2 ABC in Glasgow are now on sale.
Friday, September 25th – Stripped With Strings Show
A never seen before live addition to the ...
- NYOS Symphony Orchestra, Glasgow Concert: ‘Scottish Connections’
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 7:30pm Glasgow City HallsCandleriggs, G1 1NQ Glasgow, United Kingdomwww.glasgowconcerthalls.comDuring the spring course the Orchestra will also explore Rachmaninov’s Symphony No. 2, a ...
- Birds in Row/Bastions/Bright Side, The Old Hairdressers, 9 April
The Old Hairdressers – Glasgow
Thursday, April 9 at 7.30 p.m. Birds in row:French hardcore infused with elements of early skramzzz on the mighty Deathwish records! This is the day ...
- The Face On The Moon – Saturday, 18 April, 2015 Saturday, April 18 at 7:30am The Old Hairdressers20 – 28 Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 6PH
Come along and support the band 🙂 and help them raise money for their ...
- Chiara E Berardelli – Chris McCulloch @ NHC Music , 12 April, 2015 Sunday, April 12 at 5:00pm New Hellfire Club GlasgowFree entryAll agesNHC MUSIC Unit 4, The Hidden Lane 1103 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8ND
- The Lucky Break, Clydebank 27 – 29 March, 2015 Debby Duvall – 27 March
The Lucky Break, Clydebank – Week-end Entertainment
Entertainment for the week-end at the world famous Lucky Break
Friday, 27 March
Monthly blues nite with little miss Debby Duvall and ...
- BIG BOY BLOATER, Nice n Sleazy 21 March
Nice N Sleazy presents:
BIG BOY BLOATER
+ Melisa Kelly
Nice n Sleazy 421 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LG
Saturday 21 March @ Nice N Sleazy, Glasgow
When Jools Holland says you’re ‘one of the ...
- Radiophrenia – 87.9FM Mon 13 April — Sun 19 April 2015 CCA
Radiophrenia – 87.9FM
Mon 13 April — Sun 19 April 2015
Broadcasting live from CCA, 24-hours a dayTheatre Space Listening Room: 12noon – 4pm (except during sound checks), Free, All agesLive performances: ...
- Robin Trower + Joanne Shaw Taylor Sat 4 Apr 2015
+ Joanne Shaw Taylor
Sat 4 Apr 2015 | 7pm – 10pm | £22.50 + £2.25 BF & £1.50 TF (Web Only) | 18
The Arches, 253 Argye St, G2 ...
- Four Year Strong + support, The Arches, 21 March, 2015
Triple G Music presents
Four Year Strong
+ Hit The Lights + Forever Came Calling + Light You Up
Sat 21 Mar 2015 | 6pm – 10pm | £14 + £1.40 BF (& ...
- A Celebration of Nina Simone, 21 March, Royal Concert Hall Saturday 21 March 2015, 7.30pm
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Strathclyde Suite
In 1990, in a big top tent on Glasgow Green, Nina Simone played a blinding set as part of Mayfest. ...
- The Flatt River Band Performing at:
The Drymen Pottery Sunday 29th March (3-7pm) 9-11 Main Street, Drymen,G63 0BJ
The Tullie Inn , Balloch. Friday 3rd April Balloch Road, Balloch, Loch Lomond G83 8SW
The Ashton, Helensburgh ...
- Sharon Robinson OranMor, 8 April, 2015
Wed, 08 April, 2015 at 7:00pmOran MorSharon Robinson (born in San Francisco in 1958) is an American songwriter, record producer, and vocalist. She is best known as a frequent ...
- The Subways, OranMor, 26 March, 2015 The Subways, OranMor, 26 March, 2015
- Wolf Alice Mon, 23 March, Oran Mor
Mon, 23 March, 2015 at 7:00pm
Wolf Alice are a four-piece alternative rock band from North London, consisting of Ellie Rowsell, Joel Amey, Joff Oddie and Theo Ellis. They ...
- Declan Sinnott, Sat 25 April, Woodend
Former member of Horslips & Moving Hearts, producer and musical director for internationally acclaimed Irish songstresses Mary & Francis Black and musical partner for over 30yrs of Christy Moore. Outstanding ...
- Sundays at Blackfriars, March 2015
March Listings 2015
– 8th MC4– 15th Itchycoo park– 22nd The Black Diamonds Havana Band– 29th Mary Jean Lewis
Blackfriars, 36 Bell Street, Glasgow G1 1LG
- Common Fest, in support of Common Weal, 17 April, QMU, Glasgow Uni
It’s finally time – the first batch of tickets for CommonFest are going on sale!
CommonFest on the 17th of April, 2015 a celebration of Common Weal ideas in the run-up ...
- Eddie Reid and The Special Agents, The Lucky Break 22 March Eddie Reid And The Special Agents
Sunday 22 March, 2015
The World Famous Lucky Break
4 p.m. The Lucky Break Snooker Club26-30 Glasgow Road, Clydebank, G81 1se
- Happy 25th Birthday King Tuts King Tut’s 25 years old. Try their quiz to win some merchandise.
- Magners Summer Nights 2015, Kelvingrove Bandstand
The Kelvingrove Bandstand
Kelvingrove Park , Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12 8NR
King Creosote -From Scotland with Love * on sale Friday 20 March
The Kelvingrove Bandstand , Glasgow
The Kelvingrove Bandstand ...
- Ryan McMullan, Jinty McGuinty’s, Sunday 15 March, 2015 Ryan McMullan, Jinty McGuinty's, Sunday 15 March, 2015
- Jinty McGuinty’s – St Patrick’s Day, 17 March, 2015
George Donaldson Day at Jinty McGuinty’s
Decked in quotes from Irish writers and poets, and soundtracked by the most Emerald-tinged of rock and folk artists old and new, Jinty’s is an ...
- The Hellfire Club, Album Launch, Songs for Fallen Stars, 14 March, Stereo
The Hellfire Club’s album Songs for Fallen Stars, will be released on 15 March , 2015 and available from all good digital retail outlets. Launch event at Stereo on Saturday ...
- Teenage Riot, Bar Bloc, 6 March, Club Night 11 p.m.
Alternative monthly club night from the United Fruit boys sometimes featuring special live guests. Club style: beastie boys sonic youth m83 mars volta death grips at the drive-in gang ...
- The Daddy Naggins at The Lucky Break 8 March, 2015
The daddy naggins this sunday afternoon at the world famous lucky break..Sunday Afternoon, 8 March, 2015 The Lucky Break Snooker Club 26-30 Glasgow Road, Clydebank
- Southside Sessions @ Sweeney’s On The Park, 5 March 2015
Southside Sessions @ Sweeney’s On The ParkThursday, March 5 – 8:30pm – 11:45pmThe Southside Sessions present a range of new acoustic acts every Thursday night!This week includes live music from:Howlin ...
- JJ Gilmour, Sounds in the Suburbs, 8 March 2015 Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, 10 Chamberlain Road, Glasgow, G13 1QE. Telephone 0141 959 1428. .Doors at 8.00Tickets £15
Buy tickets at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07944354459 or Tickets Scotland
Sound in the ...
- Mick Tausney Band at The Lucky Brak, Sat 1 March, 2015
The Mick Tausney Band
Sunday Afternoon at the World Famous Lucky Break 1 March Sunday at 4:00pmThe lucky break snooker club26-30 Glasgow Rd Clydebank, G81 1SE
- Indigo Cell, Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery , Sunday 1 March 4.15 p.m.
Sunday with a Difference
Indigo Cell – Sunday 1 March, 2015 at 4.15 p.m.
Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery & Theatre Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Refreshing and different, Indigo Cell is a new trio ...
- Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox, Project Cafe, 18 Feb, 2015 G.A.G V featuring Rae-Yen Song and Charlie Knox
At Project Cafe18 February, 2015 at 6 p.m.BYOB £3 per person. An evening of art and sound!The Glasgow Artist Guild is a platform ...
- Sugo, Bar Bloc, 20 February, 2015 Sugo, Bar Bloc, 20 February, 2015
- Bigfoot’s Tea Party, March 7th 2015 Bigfoot’s Tea Party : MR. TIES & SPENCER PARKER Saturday, March 7 1:00pm – 3:00am The Art School20 Scott Street, Glasgow Find tickets tEvent on Facebook
- Album Launch, Fat-Suit’s ‘Jugaad’ at Stereo, Tuesday 17 Feb 2015 Fat-Suit are incredibly excited to launch their new album ‘Jugaad’ is officially launched in Glasgow at Stereo Cafe Bar on Tuesday!
‘Come and join us and Nae Plans in celebrating what ...
- Spangled Cabaret at The Art School, 9 March, 2015 Monday, March 9, 2015 at 8:30pmA-LIX(French/Argentine Electro/Punk duo)scunnerMiss Hell’s BelleGeorge’s Marvelous MagicTom HarlowNixxi RoxJack SquatVolcanic Ash+ Special GuestsFree entry – donations welcome.
167 Renfrew St, Glasgow G3 6RQ
- Starchild Ceilidh, 28 March, Shawlands Academy
Shawlands Academy, 31 Moss-Side Road, Glasgow G41 3TR
- Andy Timmons Band, Classic Grand 15 March, 2015
Only Scottish Date with support from the Oscar Cordoba Band
- Brooksy and the Sound Collectors, Cottiers Theatre, 13 March, 2015 Brooksy and the Sound CollectorsWith special guests
Friday 13 March – Cottiers
8 p.m. – midnight‘Brooksy and the Sound Collectors’ are marking their first serious assault on the MUSIC INDUSTRY AND THE ...
- GoodCopGreatCop + Deadly Rides + guests. 4 March, Bar Blocv Bar Bloc –Wednesday, March 4, 2015at 9:00pm
When asked what to expect from their live show the band explained, ‘We’d like to say fireworks, dragons, dancers and a monkey riding on ...
- Launch Open Mic, The Butterfly & Pig South, 17 February
Come along from 8pm for the launch night of new Open Mic at The butterfly and the pig south! Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Soak up the groovy vibes of this crackin’ ...
- New Season performances on sale at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
100 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G2 3DB
February – June 2015
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland today reveals an ambitious new season of work from Feb – Jun ...
- The Star Folk Club Listings February – March , 2015 The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
Gaberlunzie 10th February
Robin Watson and Gordon Menzies have been together as Gaberlunzie since the early 1970s and are well known ...
- Dave Arcari live at King Tut’s, Glasgow, April, 25, 2015
Dave Arcari live at King Tut’s, Glasgow
Saturday, April 25 at 8:00pm King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL
- TOUNDRA , Tuesday, February 17, Bar Bloc TOUNDRA (Spain) + In:Tides
Tuesday, February 17Bar BlocExplosive post-rock grandeur from Spanish collective Toudra on their European tour, with exceptional Scottish support to boot.Toundra (Spain)‘Kitsune’ Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF78BCfRG9Iin:tides‘Porcelain Waves’ ...
- The Heavy Load Band 8th February, 2015 The Lucky Break
The Heavy Load Band
8th February, 2015At the world famous lucky break..
Host: Joe HenryThe Lucky Break Snooker Club26– 30 Glasgow Road, Clydebank, G81 1SE
- Celtic Connections announces Danny Kyle Open Stage Winners 2015 Every year at Celtic Connections the cream of new musical talent perform at the Danny Kyle Open Stage. A diverse panel of judges – from industry stalwarts to members of ...
- Celtic Connections 2015 – festival highlights last few days Festival highlights from the final few days
Celtic Connections Events
Strings Attached ‘The Next Generation’: a landmark Celtic Connections performance featuring the Highland fiddle supergroup performing with top singer-songwriters including Rachel ...
- Alex Harvey Day, Audio, Sunday 7 February, 2015 Alex Harvey Day
Saturday, February 7 8:00pm – 11:30pm Audio GlasgowA gig to celebrate what would have been Alex Harvey’s 80th birthday.A night of nostalgia headlined by The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, ...
- The Hellfire Club, Single Launch, Cafe Rio, 7 February, 2015 ‘Songs for Fallen Stars, which we are going to launch in March. Beforehand though, and as a taster of things to come, we are excited to announce the release of ...
- SPANGLED CABARET CELEBRATES IT’S 7TH BIRTHDAY WITH 2 SPECIAL SHOWS! MONDAY 2ND FEB- THE RIO CAFE
27 Hyndland Street, Partick, G11 5QFWe return to out birthplace for the first time in 2 years,and we are very excited about it!THE CREATIVE MARTYRSKIM ...
- Suil We Were Haunted, Ghost Alaska, Sophie Rogers, Scot MacDonald, February 6, The Lucky Break Suil – We Were Haunted, Ghost Alaska, Sophie Rogers, Scot MacDonald
Friday, February 6 at 7:30pm The Lucky Break Snooker Club
The four areas in Scotland that voted ‘Yes’ in ...
- Shake Appeal, Bar Bloc, Friday 30 January, 2015
Bar Bloc Friday 30 January, 2015 – 11 p.m. – 3. 00 a.m.BACK FOR 2015! Plugged in, alive tonight and back on the streets, Shake Appeal ...
- Clydebank Alliance Burns Night, The Lucky Break, Saturday 24th January Celebrating the life of the Bard in a “big hoose party atmosphere” with song and satire.
The Lucky Break, Clydebank
Saturday 24 January, 2015 – 7.30 p.m.
A great fun friendly night lined ...
- Mic Clark Open Mic Night – Wednesdays The Pacific, Partick
Open Mic Night – Wednesdays – 9 p.m.
The Pacific Bar Restaurant
562 Dumbarton Rd, Partick, Glasgow G11 6RH
Phone:0141 334 9000
‘To be specific it’s gonna ...
- Nights at The Project Cafe, Friday 16th January, 2015 Nights at The Project Cafe
Friday 16th January, 2015We have an open house tonight – welcome welcome one and all. BYOB! We will be constructing pizzas (£4.50) and wholesome-ness (price varies), ...
- Oscar Cordoba Band La Bodega Sat 7 February 2015
Oscar Cordoba Band
Sat 7 February 2015
An evening of jazz/rock/fusion groove in a great venue selling tapas and all for only £5 entry!
Support by Jack Ruby
La Bodega, South Street, Glasgow
- The Duncan McCrone Band in Concert Saturday, February 7 Fort Theatre Bishopbriggs The Duncan McCrone Band in Concert
Saturday, February 7 at 7:30pm Fort Theatre BishopbriggsDuncan, Cy Jack and Jim Yule playing an intimate concert at the delightful Fort Theatre in Kenmure ...
- Mànran Celtic Connections, The Arches, 31 January, 2015 Mànran
Saturday 31 January, 7.30 p.m.
Part of Celtic Connections – support tbc
(Under 16s must be accompanied by an 18+ adult)
Buy tickets online
From seeing in the New Year as house band ...
- Orlando Julius & the Heliocentrics with Trinity Roots, The Arches, 24 January Orlando Julius & the Heliocentrics with Trinity RootsSat 24 Jan 2015 | 7.30pm-10pm | £15 + £1.50 BF & £1.50 TF (Web Only) | 14+ (Under 16s must be accompanied ...
- Dancing With Dakota.Dead Beat Rag Dolls.Trash Can Party.5 Second Warning.Aperture, 31 January, Ivory Blacks. Dancing With Dakota.Dead Beat Rag Dolls.Trash Can Party.5 Second Warning.Aperture.
Saturday, January 31 – 7:00pm Ivory BlacksFantastic 5 Band Bill at Ivory Blacks to start 2015 with a bang .www.facebook.com/dancingwithdakotawww.facebook.com/pages/TrashCan-Party/197378846999282www.facebook.com/5SecondWarningwww.facebook.com/deadbeatragdolls?pnref=lhcIvory ...
- Celtic Connections 2015, Acts Announced
Opening Acts Announced
There will be some amazing opening acts from around the world at Celtic Connections 2015.
A brother and sister duo from Belfast, will be supporting Hudson Taylor in Oran ...
- Dave Arcari and special guest Lee Patterson, Saturday, January 17, 2015 Buchanan Memorial Hall Dave Arcari and special guest Lee Patterson
Saturday, January 17, 2015
Buchanan Memorial Hall, Creityhall Road, Milton of Buchanan, by Drymen Tickets Available www.wegottickets.com ** No bar – bring ...
- The Rambling Boys Friday, January 16 Celtic Connections The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall The Rambling Boys
Friday, January 16
Celtic ConnectionsThe Glasgow Royal Concert Hall As part of Celtic Connections sharing the stage with the Qristina & Quinn Bachand
The Glasgow Royal Concert ...
- The Spangled Cabaret 12 January, 2015 The Art School The Spangled Cabaret
12 January, 2015 – 8.30 p.m.The Art School, 20 Scott Street, Glasgow SPANGLED CABARET KICKS OFF 2015 WITH A TRIP BACK TO THE 1980S!THE CREATIVE MARTYRSKIM KHAOSRUBY ...
- Colours Winter Party 2014 Fri 26 Dec 2014 Arches Colours Winter Party 2014Fri 26 Dec 2014Arches| 9.30pm-4am | £30 + £3 BF & £1.50 TF (Web Only)Buy ticketsColours are very proud to present the only Boxing Day party worth ...
- Pressure: End of Year Party Arches Sat 27 Dec 2014 Pressure: End of Year PartyArchesSat 27 Dec 2014Len Faki, Blawan, Slam, George FitzGerald, Marquis Hawkes, Silicone Soul| 10pm-4am | Tickets: £22 + £2.20 BF & £1.50 TF (Web only) | ...
- Mother’s Ruin, 4 January, 2015, The Lismore Mother’s Ruin
4 January, 2015
206 Dumbarton Road, G11 6UN, Partick
- Queen Jane, Sharptooth, Catholic Action, 16 December, Bar Bloc Tuesday 16 December 9 p.m.
QUEEN JANE, SHARPTOOTH, CATHOLIC ACTION
http://queenjanemusic.bandcamp.com/ Cumbernauld 4-piece. Comparisons made to Bombay Bicycle Club and Maccabees. Confident, uplifting indie pop. Sharptooth “SHARPTOOTH are just ...
- Teenage Riot – United Fruit, Bar Bloc, 20 December, 2014 Yes. United Fruit are doing us the pleasure of playing Bloc which will probably be their last gig of 2014. Having had an exceptional year with their new ...
- Lizzie & The Banshees + Talk of the Town, Ivory Blacks 26 Dec Lizzie & The Banshees + Talk of the Town
56 Oswald Street, Glasgow G1 4PL
26th Dec 2014 7:00pm Last Entry: 9:00pm
Lizzie & The Banshees and special Guest Talk ...
- Glasgow Wind Band, Hyndland Church, 15 December Glasgow Wind BandHyndland Parish Church Monday 15 December 2014Doors Open at 7:00PMStarts at 7:30PMTickets £8, £5 concessions, under-12s free. Available online, in advance from band members or on the door.Buy ticketsHyndland ...
- Linda Jaxon Blues Project, Christmas Party at St Louis, 27 December, 2014 St Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- CRABBIE’S ASHTON LANE HOGMANAY STREET PARTY 2014 CRABBIE’S ASHTON LANE HOGMANAY STREET PARTY
Tickets have gone on sale for the biggest Hogmanay street party in Glasgow as Ashton Lane gets ready to bring in the bells at its ...
- JJ Gilmour, Crawford Smith, The Glad Cafe, 13 Dec 2014 JJ Gilmour, Crawford Smith, The Glad Cafe, 13 Dec 2014
- Slow Train, Michael Simons, 13 December, 2014 Slow Train
Saturday, December 13, 8:30pm “Meet Me at The Corner” Cafe/Bar/Restaurant 44 Main St. Milngavie
Come and join me and the band for an evening featuring the music of the ...
- Rob Heron and the Tea Pad Orchestra Woodend Bowling Club
30 November, 2014
Doors 8 p.m.
Sounds in the Suburbs
Woodend bowling and Tennis Club
30 Chamberlain Road, G13 1 QG
- Imelda May, O2 ABC, 9 December, 2014 Imelda May
02 ABC Glasgow
9 December 7.30 p.m.
Buy tickets at ticketmaster
- Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski, Friday, November 28, 2015 8 p.m. Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski
Friday, November 28 8 p.m.
Glasgow Print StudioTrongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Former This Mortal Coil vocalist Louise Rutkowski presents her first solo album, “Diary of ...
- Tony Benn: A Celebration, The Mitchell Theatre, 30 November, 2014 Stars and family to mark Tony Benn’s life
Sunday 30 November, 2014Tony Benn a celebrationThe Mitchell TheatreThere are two main performances – Poetry, Performance and Presentation at 16.30. Starring Tom Leonard, ...
- Spangled Cabaret at The Art School!, Monday, December 8, 2014 , The Art School Spangled Cabaret at The Art School!
Monday, December 8, 2014 8:30pm The Art School The eclectic alternative monthly variety night:DR COSMO’S TAPE LABOLIFANT COLLECTIVEWILD CARD KITTYLUNA TIKTOKJOHN ...
- Glow Arts Boo Hewerdine CCA Thursday 20 November Glow Arts Boo Hewerdine
Thursday 20 November 7.30 p.m.Much loved English songwriter Boo Hewerdine releases his first career retrospective My Name In The Brackets (The Best Of) on Monday 3 November ...
- Felix Champion Album Launch + Teenage Riot DJs Saturday 22nd November, 2014 Bar Bloc Felix Champion Album Launch + Teenage Riot DJs
Saturday 22nd November, 2014Bar BlocThe latest addition to our label Bloc+Music – Felix Champion are launching their debut album!Originally from Fife, ...
- F.O.O.S (ITA) + The Ciazarn Affair Bar Bloc 18 November, 2014 F.O.O.S (ITA) + The Ciazarn Affair
18 November, 2014
F.O.O.S. OfficialThe band develop a hybrid genre of rock with strong electronic elements. In such a short space of time, the band, ...
- St Andrew’s Night, Yes Alliance Fundraiser, Lucky Break Clydebank, 29 November St Andrew’s Night – Yes Alliance Fundraiser
The Lucky Break Clydebank
Saturday 29 November, 2014 – 8.30 p.m.
Line up includes: Eddie Reid …Red Canyon…Emma Kullander …Scott McDonald …and the Well Green…at the ...
- Wednesday Jazz Nights at the Rio, Partick Allan Mckeown & Friends
19th November, 2014
Chris Clark & friends.
26th November, 2014
Pasta & wine deal- Pasta special and a glass of wine- £7.50The Rio Csfe, 27 Hyndland Street, Partick, Glasgow G11
- Live at the Star Club, 18 November – 2 December, 2014 All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
18th November For 40 years he has been ...
- Chiara E Berardelli, My Big Mouth EP Launch, Saturday 15 Nov, Old Hairdressers Chiara E Berardelli – My Big Mouth EP Launch
Saturday 15 NovemberThe Old HairdressersPlaying songs from her new EP accompanied by some great musicians. Paul Tasker supporting with some ...
- The Seven Song Club @ the Tron Theatre Friday 14 November, 2014 The Seven Song Club @ the Tron Theatre
Friday 14 November, 7.45 p.m.On Friday 14th November the Seven Song Club will feature Indigo Cell, the Invisibe Republic, Hunter M Thomson (with ...
- Oscar Cordoba Band, Avant Garde, Friday 28 November, 2014 Oscar Cordoba Band, Avant Garde, Friday 28 November, 2014
- Africa in Motion Township Cafe: Acoustic Sounds Session with Omar Afif and Seeds of Thought Sun 9 November 2014 CCA Africa in MotionTownship Cafe:Acoustic Sounds Session with Omar Afif and Seeds of Thought
Sun 9 November 2014
3pm, Free, ClubroomAll agesBook online / 0141 352 4900
Come along to this afternoon of live ...
- The Xcerts 7 November, 2014 The Venue, OranMor The Xcerts
7 November, 2014
The Venue, OranMorDoors Open: 7:00 pmThis event is brought to you by DF Concerts Tickets: £8.50Telephone: 0141 204 5151ticketmaster.co.uk/thexcertsband.com
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
- Snack Family + Herbert Powell + Antique Pony 5 November Bar Bloc Snack Family + Herbert Powell + Antique Pony
Snack Family“Sleazier than Waits out on the pull with the Fat White clan, SF make the kind of leather-clad perv-rock that ...
- Shoot The Craw The Rock, Hyndland 21 November, 2014 Shoot The Craw
The Rock, Hyndland
21 November, 2014 “Shoot the Craw” is a powerhouse 5 piece all live band fronted by a dynamic female vocalist , playing classic and modern Rock with ...
- Deadbeat Ragdolls Friday, November 21 The Record Factory Deadbeat Ragdolls
Friday, November 21 8 p.m.The Record Factory This gig is a huge one as we were booked by DF Concerts (The biggest Music Promoters in Scotland) as a ...
- Philip Clouts Jazz Quartet, 5 November, Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club The dancing exuberance of South African Township music, the convivial groove of gospel-influenced soul jazz, the joyful sway of Cuban guaguanco rhythms, the bluesy melodies of middle eastern praise songs ...
- Rev Rev Rev + The Cherry Wave + Musicians Of Bremen 29 October, 2014 Bar Bloc Rev Rev Rev + The Cherry Wave + Musicians Of Bremen
29 October, 2014Bar Bloc
Rev Rev Rev (Italy)
Hailing from Modena, Italy, Rev Rev Rev’s sound is influenced by first-wave shoegaze, as ...
- Indigo Cell at St Louis Cafe Bar, Sunday 23 November, 2015 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- Carol Kidd Wild Cabaret, 2nd November, 2014 Carol Kidd
2 November from 6 p.m.
Wild Cabaret is proud to present an evening with Carol Kidd, one of the world’s best living jazz singers!The evening will take place on ...
- Live at the Star Club, October – November, 2014 All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
28th October ...
- Peatbog Faeries, Thursday 23rd October, OranMor G12 Peatbog Faeries
Thu 23rd Of Oct 2014 – Live Music @ The VenueBased on the Isle of Skye, the Peatbog Faeries are one of Scotlands the best known names in contemporary ...
- Red Molly plus Norrie McCulloch Thursday 23rd October 2014 CCA Glasgow Red Molly plus Norrie McCulloch
Thursday 23rd October 2014CCA GlasgowCrystalline vocals and beautiful harmonies. Red Molly are red hot.” – Daily TelegraphAmericana trio, Red Molly will bring their gorgeous voices and ...
- O’Cajunals The Snaffle Bit 18 October The O’Cajunals
18 October 2014
The Snaffle Bit 979 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7TQ
The OCajunals Facebook
- Steve Harley – All Seated, Acoustic & Intimate Thursday 23 October @ The Arches Steve Harley – All Seated, Acoustic & Intimate
Thursday 23 October @ The Arches, Glasgow
£28.00 (£2.80 + booking fee)
Synergy Concerts presents: Steve Harley – All Seated, Acoustic & Intimate
The original ...
- Thin Privilege (Farewell Show) + Black International + Shudder Bar Bloc, Tuesday, December 30 Thin Privilege (Farewell Show) + Black International + Shudder
Bar Bloc Tuesday, December 30 at 9:00pm Thin PrivilegeWe bid farewell to quite frankly one of the most ...
- The Flatt River Band, The Ashton Bar, Helensburgh 19th October The Flatt River Band
with Robbie Cumming, Shetland Country Music Artist
19 October, 2014
8.30 p.m. – 11.30 p.m.
THE ASHTON BAR
74 W Princes St, Helensburgh G84 8UG
- States And Empires + Canal Capitale 14 October, 2014 Bar Bloc States And Empires + Canal Capitale
14 October, 2014
Ex-members of Attack Attack (the non-shite Attack Attack, that didn’t do the crab dance) bring some mightily strong emotional rock music up ...
- PianoPiano, Oranmor, 3rd November, 2014 PianoPiano
3 November, 2014 (Doors 7.30 p.m. Starts 8 p.m.)
PianoPiano’s debut CD ‘dedicated…’ is a tribute to iconic women who have changed the course of history. Each track is dedicated to ...
- Alan Frew Band, Stereo, 8 November, 2014 Alan Frew Band, Stereo, 8 November, 2014
- All Suns Blazing, Cathouse 10 October, 2014 All Suns Blazing, Cathouse 10 October, 2014
- Bring in the Spirit, 18 October, Buchanan Memorial Hall, Near Drymen Bring in the Spirit, 18 October, Buchanan Memorial Hall, Near Drymen
- Glasgow Oxjam 18 October, 2014 Big Takeover Festival!!
Everyone get involved right now! get your tickets at www.wegottickets.com/oxjam/event/291985 … there are still early bird tickets available for ONLY £8!!!! Better get in there quick!
- Reptile House, Lambhill Stables, 3 October, 2014 Reptile House, Lambhill Stables, 3 October, 2014
- Simple Things, Glasgow 2014, Saturday 1 November Simple Things, Glasgow 2014, Saturday 1 November
- Carrie Elkin and Lynne Hanson, The Glad Cafe, 4 October Saturday Matinee Show (3.30pm) 4th October- The Glad Cafe Glasgow Unreserved seating available Buy tickets ticket scotland Carrie Elkin is “spellbinding…made the hairs on the back of ...
- Spiders on Mars, Ivory Blacks, 27 December Spiders on Mars, Ivory Blacks, 27 December
- Ashton Lane, The Glad Cafe, 22nd October, 2014 Ashton Lane
The Glad Cafe
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HG
- Ben Sands Tour Including some Scottish Dates – Autumn 2014 Ben Sands Tour
Including some Scottish Dates – Autumn 2014‘To his acknowledged accomplishments as a singer, song-writer, instrumentalist, harmony vocalist and arranger, Ben brings a solid reputation as a “great singer ...
- Pivo Pivo Presents: Woodwife + The Palmiros + Scott Wishart + Grayson King 24 September, 2014 Pivo Pivo Presents: Woodwife + The Palmiros + Scott Wishart + Grayson King
24 September, 2014
Woodwife – Woodwife are a new atmospheric folk band with deep roots in gypsy storytelling and ...
- The Hellfire Club, Two Dates, Septemeber/October 2014 The Hellfire Club
Two dates for the diary: In the run up to the launch of a new single and album The Hellfire Club are putting their series of Griffin gigs, reviewing ...
- Linda Jackson at St Louis Live music at St Louise Cafe Bar
Saturday 29 September, 2018 9 p.m.
St Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- EFC Elvira Stitt Ivory Blacks Thursday 25 September EFC Elvira Stitt Ivory Blacks Thursday 25 September
- The Seven Song Club @ the Tron Theatre Friday 19th September 7 p.m. The Seven Song Club @ the Tron Theatre
Friday 19th September 7 p.m.In September, the Seven Song Club will feature the fab Attic Lights, the Paul Alger band and a special ...
- Sweeney’s On The Park 18 September, 2014 Sweeney’s On The Park
The Southside Sessions present 4 new acoustic acts every Thursday night!
This week features live music from:
The Upbeats50 Shades of BlueSon of GovanAndrew Nicol& special guests..
- Music and Poetry at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant Tues 7th October, 2014 Nights at Project Cafe
Music and poetry event at the Project Cafe/Tell It Slant Tues 7th October, 2014Music+Poetry+Sentinence♥ Sam Small + Leyla Josephine + Nyla + Ginger Alford (USA) + Richard ...
- EFC, Blood Fire Roses, Ivory Black’s, 11 September, 2014
- Mary Gauthier & Ben Glover, Friday 3rd October 2014 St Andrew’s In The Square Mary Gauthier & Ben Glover
Glasgow Americana 2014 Friday 3rd October 2014SELLING FASTSt Andrew’s In The Square GlasgowDoors 7.30pm, 8pm start
Tickets £15 from 0141 204 5151Ticket ScotlandThe lady from Louisiana, Mary ...
- Rock Yes, The Classic Grand, Saturday 13 September, 2014 Rock Yes, The Classic Grand, Saturday 13 September, 2014
- Ryder Cup Gala Concert, SSE Hydro, 24th September, 2014 Buy tickets from Ticketmaster
- Scozzesi, Winter Gardens – Glasgow Green Thursday 25th September. Scozzesi
Winter Gardens – Glasgow Green
Thursday 25th September. 2014
Scozzesi, italian for Scottish men, will be holding their press launch/debut concert in the Winter Gardens on Glasgow Green G40 1AT from 6 ...
- Baz Warne The Stranglers Murray BarEast Kilbride Friday 21st November Baz Warne The Stranglers
Murray Bar Function SuiteMurrayEast KilbrideFriday 21st NovemberTickets £15-00fromthepiratepig.com
- Ozric Tentacles + MantisMash Saturday 8 November @ The Art School Ozric Tentacles
Doors: 19:00 Price: £16.50 Entry: 18+ Room:
Synergy Concerts presents:Ozric Tentacles+ MantisMash
Saturday 8 November @ The Art School, Assembly Hall, Glasgow
General Admission (e-ticket) £16.50 £1.65
ENGLAND’S PREMIER ...
- OSCAR CORDOBA BAND + support from Delta Sinners, La Bodega, 20 September. OSCAR CORDOBA BAND + support from Delta Sinners
Sat 20th Sept 2014 7pm to midnight
An evening of Jazz / Rock /Fusion
£5 only – tickets from venue or Tickets ScotlandLa Bodega,1120 ...
- The Flatt River Band, Fiday 5 September, 2014, Lambhill Stables The Flatt River Band, Fiday 5 September, 2014, Lambhill Stables
- Festival of Ideas – Music Events! September 5 – September 7 The Glad Cafe Festival of Ideas – Music Events!
September 5 – September 7
The Glad Cafe
Scotland’s first ever Festival of Ideas, co-produced by Roanne Dods and Gerry Hassan, takes place this coming weekend, from ...
- Sarah McQuaid Touring Schedule!!! Rising folk star Sarah McQuaid sets out on tour across the USA and UK — see details of dates below.
With a new single due out in October and her fourth ...
- CC Music Summer Music Event 30th and 31st August, 2014 CC Music Summer Music Event
30th and 31st August, 2014 – 1 p.m. until 7 p.m. (Instore)
33 Otago Street, Glasgow G12 8JJ
- Hope’s Beautiful Daughter’s Album Launch, Sunday, September 14, The Old Hairdressers Hope’s Beautiful Daughter’s Album Launch
Sunday, September 14, 2014at 7:30pm The Old Hairdressers Just two years after their highly-praised debut record Selivke (Migratory Birds), Slovenian singer/ songwriting duo Katarina Juvančič ...
- The Hellfire Club The Griffin, Bath Street, Glasgow 30th August The Hellfire Club
The Griffin, Bath Street, Glasgow
30th August – 8.30 p.m.
A Night of Dolly Parton SongsHaving had a summer break, With The Hellfire Club returns to the Griffin on Saturday ...
- Linda Jaxson Band, St Louis, Saturday 23 Augustm 2014 St Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- Jack Lukeman Acoustic Concert – The Village Inn, East Kilbride 4th October, 2014 Jack Lukeman
Acoustic Concert – The Village Inn, East Kilbride
4th October, 2014
Tickets £8,50 available at The Village Inn, East Kilbride, and also via hPayPal (£8,50 plus £1 Postage fee) to Brianbyrne@blueyonder.co.uk
- Spangled Presents: Thomas Truax 23 September, The Art School Spangled Presents: Thomas Truax
23 September, 2014 – 9 p.m.The Art SchoolPublic · Hosted by Paul RossSpangled Presents: Thomas TruaxPlus Special Guests:ScunnerJack Squat& Spangled Djs Til LateThe Art School (The Vic ...
- Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame Dinner October 24, 2014, OranMor Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame Dinner
October 24, 2014
OranMor, top of Byres Road, G12
Hands Up for Trad are hosting our 3rd Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame Dinner on 24th ...
- The Iqons @ King Tuts! Friday, August 22, 2014 The Iqons @ King Tuts!
Friday, August 22Playing at King Tuts next Friday night! Tut’s is always one of the good ones so we’d love you to come along. Tickets from ...
- Evil Edison, Ivory Blacks, Thursday 15 September, 2014 Evil Edison, Ivory Blacks, Thursday 15 September, 2014
- McGinn meets Seeger and MacColl An evening with The Cameron Bros East Kilbride Village Theatre Saturday 23rd Augu McGinn meets Seeger and MacColl An evening with The Cameron Bros
East Kilbride Village Theatre
Saturday 23rd August 2014 : 8.00pm
Tickets from Box Office 01355 261000. £12.00 / £10.00
Johnny and Duncan Cameron ...
- Southside Sessions present Sweeneys in the Park, Thurs 14 August Southside Sessions present Sweeneys in the Park, Thurs 14 August
- Revolving Doors, Ivory Blacks, 21 August, 2014 Revolving Doors, Ivory Blacks, 21 August, 2014
- Battlefield Band 21 Aug 2014, Webster’s Theatre Battlefield Band
21 Aug 2014 – 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Webster’s Theatre, Glasgow West End
Tickets £19 (inc. booking fee).
Inspired by their rich heritage of Celtic music and fired by the strength ...
- Little Bit of Theatre The Roxy 171 11 August, 2014 Little Bit of TheatreThe Roxy 171 11 Aug 2014, 7.30 p.m.Live performance art, theatre, comedy, music, burlesque and spoken word.£3 – £5The Roxy 171 171 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G4 ...
- Quids Inn: Harry & The Hendersons, Broadcast, 10 August Sunday 10th August, 2014Quids Inn: Harry & The HendersonsBroadcast, 427 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow – G2 3LGFeaturing:+ Sonny and the last soul train+ Les Johnson and Me+ Belle and the Meadows+ ...
- Abel Ganz Album Launch Fri 15 August 2014 CCA
Abel GanzAlbum Launch
Fri 15 August 2014
8pm, £5, TheatreAges 14+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Veteran Glasgow proggers Abel Ganz launch their new album simply entitled Abel Ganz. The follow up to ...
- PCL present: Earth Thu 14 August 2014 CCA
Thu 14 August 2014
7pm, £14 + £1 booking fee, TheatreAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Earth’s career, like its music, has always been a slow, deliberate progression. Each record ...
- John Taylor “Demons & Angels” Album Launch, Fri 5th Of Sep 2014, OranMor John Taylor “Demons & Angels” Album Launch
Fri 5th Of Sep 2014 – Live Music @ The VenueOranMor Top of Byres Road, G12John Taylor releases his fifth studio album on 5th ...
- St Paul & The Broken Bones, Mon 1st Of Sep 2014, OranMor St Paul & The Broken Bones
Mon 1st Of Sep 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12Grit, elemental rhythm, tight-as-a-drumhead playing, and a profound depth of ...
- There Will Be Fireworks, OranMor, 23 August There Will Be Fireworks
The Venue, OranMor, Top of Byres Road
23 August, 2014 – 7 p.m.
TicketWeb.co.ukTelephone: 08444 77 1000
- Colm Keegan with Laura Durrant, OranMor, 10 August Colm Keegan with Laura Durrant, OranMor, 10 August
- Linda Jaxson Band, Beresford Lounge, Friday 15 August
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Saturday 13th September The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Saturday 13th September 2014 at 7:30pm The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra’s return to the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall promises to be a fantastic evening ...
- Cry Parrot Part Wild Horses Mane on Both Sides Conduit of the Bottomless Submundane Thu 7 August 2014 CCA
Cry ParrotPart Wild Horses Mane on Both SidesConduit of the Bottomless Submundane
Thu 7 August 2014
8pm, £5 + £1 booking fee (£6 on the door), TheatreAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 ...
- Slint, Arches, Fri 15 Aug 2014
Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 *DL
Fri 15 Aug 2014 | 7pm – 10pm | £18.50 + £1.85 booking fee
In a rare UK appearance, seminal Louisville post-rock band Slint ...
- The Broken Ravens King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Friday, August 22 The Broken Ravens
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut
Friday, August 22 at 8:30pm
The Broken Ravens, The Dead Raven , Ripley and The Iqons
Tickets £6.50Tickets Availablethebrokenravens.bigcartel.com
King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, 272a St Vincent ...
- Echo Valley, King Tut’s 14th August Echo Valley will be returning to King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut for our their very own headline show on Thursday the 14th of August, 2014
£8 Buy online:
King Tut’s Wah Wah ...
- Tijuana Bibles 16 August, The Record Factory
Saturday 16 August, 2014
The Record Factory
We are happy to announce that we will be taking part in the Glasgow leg of Magners Cider, Original Sessions!
We play The Record Factory, ...
- E.P. Launch, Finding Light, The Face on the Moon, 16 August
- Gaza Solidarity Fundraiser, The Griffin, Monday,11 August Gaza Solidarity Fundraiser
11 August, 2014 – 7:30pm
Featuring Raast Collective (other acts to be confirmed):
Join us to show solidarity with Palestinians under attack in Gaza and the West Bank.
1432 people ...
- Flourish House Benefit Concert, The Glad Cafe, 9 August Flourish House Benefit Concert
+ Friends In America + Jo Mango + David MacGregor (Kid Canaveral)
Saturday 9 August @ The Glad Cafe, Glasgow – 7:30-10:45pm
£10 Buy tickets online
Come along to the Flourish ...
- Amanda Rheaume, Nice n Sleazy, Glasgow, 4 Sept
Keep A Fire Label Self-Released
Release Date August 18 2014 Ireland & UK Tour · August-September 2014
Thurs 4 September, Nice N Sleazy, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow www.amandarheaume.com Métis singer-songwriter Amanda Rheaume is a ...
- Nice N Sleazy presents: The Urchins + Swinging Mables + Haydn Park-Patterson Saturday 2 August Nice N Sleazy presents:
The Urchins + Swinging Mables + Haydn Park-Patterson
Saturday 2 August
Nice N Sleazy, Glasgow 421 Sauchiehall St G2 3LG
- East End Social, Glasgow Green, 2 August, 2014 East End Social, Glasgow Green, 2 August, 2014
- Lovesick Blues: The Hank Williams Story, July/August, 2014, OranMor Lovesick Blues: The Hank Williams Story
Live Music @ The Venue, OranMor
31 July – 2 August, 2014
and 7th and 9th August, 2014
7 p.m. – Show starts 7.45 p.m.
Tickets from Ticket Web, ...
- Jazz Day, Glasgow Green, 31st July, 2014 Glasgow Jazz Festival presents Jazz Day31st July, 2014Jazz Day! Thursday 31st July from early till late – a day filled with the very best jazz from Scotland’s finest jazz stars ...
- IF 2014 Saturday 2nd August, 2014 IF 2014
Saturday 2nd August, 20147:00pm – 11:30pm Southside Studios Tickets Available informalfuckabout.brownpapertickets.comWell, you asked for it, and we are only too happy to oblige…The IF is back this summer, ...
- Merchant City Festival at Blackfriars Saturday 2nd August Merchant City Festival at Blackfriars
Saturday 2nd August, 2014 at 3:00pm – 7:30pm
The Primevals – Los Tentakills – Reverse Cowgirls – The Kosher PicklesCalling all freaks, disenfranchised weirdos and filthy muthas!!!Swing ...
- Paul Towndrow’s ‘Pro-Am Suite’ 31st Jul 2014 0 8 p.m. Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Paul Towndrow’s ‘Pro-Am Suite’
31st Jul 2014 0 8 p.m.Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Admission Cost £5www.paultowndrow.co.uk/Buy tickets Buy ticketsFeaturing the Ryan Quigley Big Band and the Byres Road Big BandA musical project ...
- Songwriting Competition, Sweeney’s, 6th August Songwriting Competition, Sweeney's, 6th August
- The God of Sugar Monday 28th July, The Empire Cafe The Briggait, Main stage
The Empire Cafe
The God of Sugar
Monday 28th July, 2014
7 – 9 pm
Absent Voices is a group of Scottish artists who have come together to explore and preserve ...
- ALGO_RHYTHM The Mono Big Welcome Thu 24th July
The Mono Big Welcome Thu 24th July – 7.30pm – 1am
Mono Cafe Bar A collaboration between artists and designers that explores the history and development of electronic music ...
- Merchant City Festival: Gillbride MacMillan, 27th July, 2014 Gillebride MacMillan
Airc II Gaelic Cultural Space
Gillebride MacMillan sings songs from ‘Air Fòrladh / On Leave’ is Gillebrìde’s second CD.
Gillebrìde MacMillan is from the Milton in South Uist. He comes ...
- Merchant City Festival, Big Mono Welcome 26 July, 2014 26 July 2014
8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Mono, Kings Court, City CentreAge restrictions – All ages
The Big Mono WelcomeA programme of free music, art, food and family events designed to ...
- Naomi Harvey (Gaelic Singer) & Babs McGregor (Poet) Airc II Gaelic Cultural Space 26th July, 2014 Naomi Harvey (Gaelic Singer) & Babs McGregor (Poet)
Airc II Gaelic Cultural Space26th July, 2014 3 p.m.Naomi Harvey (Gaelic Singer) & Babs McGregor (Poet) – perform extracts from Struileag – Children ...
- Merchant City Festival, Blackfriars Stage, 26 July, 2014 26 July 2014 12 p.m. – 22 p.m.All agesThe Blackfriars Stage returns with a line up including the Raybandos and Itchy Coo Park!The Blackfriars Stage returns for another festival of ...
- Evening Music Show – Rachel Sermanni and Cairn String Quartet Merchant City Festival
24 July, 2014 – 6 p.m.Merchant SquareAll agesEvening Music Show – Rachel Sermanni and Cairn String QuartetEvery weekday Merchant sq will host a lunchtime and evening live music ...
- Merchant City Festival, Brunswick Stage, 23 July – 3rd August, 2014 GET ON IT!
Cause we have got THIS kicking off Wednesday, 23rd July, running right through until August the 3rd.Brunswick Street Stage brings you The Electric Frog / Sub Club / ...
- The Oscar Cordoba B, 1 August, Avant Garde An evening of Jazz / Rock /Fusion with ska from the support
OSCAR CORDOBA BAND + support from Partick MonkeysFri 1st Aug 2014 7pm to midnightAvant Garde, 33-34 King Street, Glasgow ...
- Scunner 10th Birthday Gig/Subtraction Jack Album Launch
Friday, August 1
7:00pm – 12:00am
Scunner celebrate 10 years of wonky pop, electric music hall, feather dusters, cat organs, coconut shys, Kat Kafes and Babirusas with a special ...
- 10p Mix Zine LAUNCH PARTY!!! 15 July at 7:00pm The Project Cafe 10p Mix Zine LAUNCH PARTY!!!
15 July at 7:00pm – 10:00pm The Project CafeRemember that 10p-mix-thrill as a wean? An ice pole in hand as you compared and swapped the sweeties ...
- Linda Jaxon Band, St Louis, Partick 19 July
St Louis, Cafe Bar 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- Sarah Jarosz,OranMor, 22nd July, 2014 Sarah Jarosz
OranMor, top of Byres Road. G12
£15 Book online
Multi-instrumentalist, Grammy nominated Sarah Jarosz will be coming to the UK & Ireland this month in support of her exceptional 2013 ...
- Tchai Ovna, Jazz Night, Thursday 10th July, 2014 Tchai Ovna Jazz Night
Thursday 10th July
Free – all donations to performers.
Glasgow’s fabulous tea house 42Otago Lane, G12
- Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration, Glasgow 18 July Nelson Mandela International Day Celebration
Glasgow – 18 July, 2014
The Lord Provost of Glasgow will announce the winning artist who will create a bust of Nelson Mandela for the City Chambers, ...
- South Side Music School, Glasgow South Side Music School, Glasgow
- Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop Saturday 5th July, 2014 Hillhead Baptist Church Muldoon’s Picnic in Concert with Mick West plus workshop
Saturday 5th July, 2014
Hillhead Baptist Church
CONCERT – 6.30pm Glasgow’s acclaimed folk-world harmony group present unaccompanied songs from traditions around the globe, including ...
- Vagabond Social Club,The Roxy, Friday, July 11 Vagabond Social Club with Jamie Flett, The Chinaskis and Traquir
The Roxy Friday, July 11
The multi-talented Jamie Flett will be launching his new single, ‘Easy Go’. “Sometimes experimental, mercurial ...
- Linda Jaxon, Big Blues Day, Renfrew Ferry, 6 July, 2014 Linda Jaxon, Big Blues Day, Renfrew Ferry, 6 July, 2014
- Manta, 3rd July, King Tuts support Traquair
King Tuts, 272a St Vincent Street, G2
Manta with Please + Heavy Smoke + Stewart Traquair
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
MANTA fronted by the rock god Dan Tonner, guitar by Bryan ...
- The Face On The Moon Gigs
- Southside Sessions Sweeneys on the Park, 3 July Hosted by Crawford Smith
More information on Facebook
- Owen Pallett Friday 18 July 2014 CCA
PCL Presents:Owen Pallett
Fri 18 July 2014
7pm, £12.50 + £1 booking fee, TheatreAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Canadian composer, violinist, keyboardist, and vocalist Owen Pallett released his fourth album (and ...
- The Sugarhill Gang, 19 July, King Tuts
The Sugarhill Gang
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 20
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
The Sugarhill Gang: Legends. Hip-hop’s first superstars. Hip-hop’s recording pioneers. Hip-hop’s first touring group. As time moves on, ...
- Bob Hunt, King Tuts, 6 July 2014 Bob Wayne
Doors | 20:30
Price £ 7.00
Homesick Aldo + The True Gents
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
After a long hard run, down the roads across this land. Bob Wayne gathered up some ...
- Archie Fisher, Partick Folk Club, 27 June, 2014
(Photograph: Stephanie Tristam)
Partick Folk Club
Friday 27 June 2014
Partick Folk Club meets on the last Friday of every month. Music played includes traditional, folk, acoustic, americana and blues.
Host is ...
- The East End Social, Last Big Week-end, Cultural Festival Glasgow 30/31 August The East End Social, Last Big Week-end, Cultural Festival Glasgow 30/31 August
- This City 2, Contemporary Art Competition Launch, 16 July This City 2, Contemporary Art Competition Launch, 16 July
- Pete MacLeod and Howlin’ Radio, The Roxy Friday 27th June Pete MacLeod and Howlin' Radio, The Roxy Friday 27th June
- Friday Street Presents – 2014 Glasgow Mod Weekender Wednesday 25th – Sunday 29th June Friday Street Presents – 2014 Glasgow Mod Weekender
Wednesday 25th – Sunday 29th June
Wednesday 25th June – Doors 7.30pm – On Stage 8pm(In association with Glasgow Jazz Festival)
Geno Washington and the ...
- Ivory Blacks, Sat June 28, 2014 The Face of The Moon plus support Ivory Blacks
Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 7:30pm
The Face On The MoonCloud of StarlingsSonic DispaceThank The Boy
Doors open 7.30pm. Tickets £5 on the door stating the band’s name.
Ivory Blacks56 Oswald Street, ...
- West End Festival Closing Event at Kelvingrove Bandstand Sunday 29th June West End Festival Closing Event at Kelvingrove Bandstand
Sunday 29th June, 2014
See: Competition for Local Bands
Glasgow’s favourite and biggest cultural event, the West End Festival, has announced a closing event to ...
- Not Proven, St Louis Cafe, Thornwood, Sunday 29 June, 2014 Not Proven, St Louis Cafe, Thornwood, Sunday 29 June, 2014
- The Groove Directive – Band Launch Thursday, June 26 at 9:00pm The Glen Lusset in Old Kilpatrick, The Groove Directive – Band Launch
Thursday, June 26 at 9:00pm
The Glen Lusset in Old Kilpatrick, Dumbarton Road, G60 (under Erskine Bridge) Free
This will be the band’s launch gig and ...
- The Rio Pop Up Venue at Jazzfest 2014, 25 – 29 June The Rio Pop Up Venue at Jazzfest 2014
Merchant Square, Glasgow Merchant City G1 1LE
From 25 – 29 June in the basement of Merchant Square, Glasgow. The Rio Club at Glasgow ...
- The Variety Society Sunday 29th June Vespbar.
The Variety Society
Sunday 29th June
Vespbar. 14 Drury Street, Glasgow
A mix of comedy, theatre, poetry, music, and film. It’s well worth sticking your head round the door.
- Mary Ann Kennedy, Lorne Macdougall and Finlay Wells Kelvinside Hillhead Church Friday 27 June Mary Ann Kennedy, Lorne Macdougall and Finlay Wells
Kelvinside Hillhead ChurchFriday 27 June, 2014 7:30pmTickets £10 or £8 conc In advance from Eventbrite or at the door • The soaring acoustics ...
- Terry Neason: Celtic Kisses, Slaps ‘n’ Tickles, OranMor, Thu 26th Of Jun 2014 Terry Neason: Celtic Kisses, Slaps ‘n’ Tickles
Thu 26th Of Jun 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue
Celtic Kisses, Slaps ‘n’ Tickles: Award winning Diva, Terry Neason, performs a roller-coaster collection ...
- St Louis Wee Literary Festival, Crime Night, Alex Gray Wed 25 June Literary Muse at St Louis: Crime & Intrigue
St Louis Cafe Bar
Wednesday 25 June 8.00 p.m.
Come and enjoy this Literary Evening of Crime and Intrigue, hosted by Linda Jackson , with ...
- Craig Hughes Two @ The Howlin’ Wolf Monday 23 June Craig Hughes Two @ The Howlin’ Wolf
Monday 23 June, 2014 at 10 p.m. Craig Hughes doing his alt.blues thing with Ally Tennick on percussion. Free entry!The Howlin’ Wolf Glasgow 100 Bath ...
- Spangled Cabaret at The Art School, Mon 14 July Spangled Cabaret at The Art School
Monday, 14th July, 2014 at 8.30 p.m. Ladles and Jellyspoons, we bring you:Marcus ReevesTom HarlowMiss Hell’s BelleWild Card KittyThe Great AzizThe Fabulous Artisans+ Special ...
- Gerry Creen, Live at the Star, Glasgow, 24th June, 2014
- The Bluefields plus support, Stereo, 18 July, 2014 The Bluefields plus support, Stereo, 18 July, 2014
- Sweeneys on the Park, Southside Sessions, 19 Thursday, 2014 Sweeneys on the Park, Southside Sessions, 19 Thursday, 2014
- BELTUR’s EP launch Friday 20th June At the O2 ABC2 Glasgow and AfterShow Party BELTUR’s EP launch
Friday 20th June
At the O2 ABC2 Glasgow and AfterShow Party ‘Beltur are a Glasgow based rock band who brings a fresh take on modern rock and roll. Beltur ...
- Nepalese Feast and Instruments, 14th June, Kinning Park Complex Nepalese Feast and Instruments, 14th June, Kinning Park Complex
- The Seven Song Club, Brawth, Friday 13 June, 2014,The Tron The Seven Song Club
Brawth Friday 13 June, 2014 7.45 p.m.
The TronHosted by Warren MacIntyre and Yvonne Kincaid, and also featuring the fabulous Theresa Martin Band. £5 but that includes a ...
- Hailey Beavis with Deano Monsoon Saturday, June 14 The Record Factory Hailey Beavis with Deano Monsoon
Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 7:00pmThe Record FactoryBased in Edinburgh, this songwriter is testament to true, creative art. A self taught musician, writer and artist, Norfolk ...
- Mothers Ruin 21 June, 2014, The Old Oak, Rutherglen Mothers Ruin21 June, 2014 – 9:00pm – 11:45pm The Old Oak A night of good blues and rock. Band starts at 9.0. ‘As usual the first 50 get in ...
- Vagabond Social Club Friday, June 13, 2014 at 8:00pm The Roxy 171 Vagabond Social Club
Friday, June 13 at 8:00pmThe Roxy 171 So, the VSC takes up summer residence at The Roxy 171. And we are delighted to welcome back the fabulous Lake ...
- Southside Sessions – Heart of Rust Sweeney’s On The Park Thursday, June 12 Southside Sessions – Heart of Rust
Sweeney’s On The Park Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 8:30pm – 11:45pm
The Southside Sessions present Scotlands premier Neil Young tribute band:
Heart of Rustwww.facebook.com/heartofrust
Join us for ...
- OranMor’s tenth anniversary celebration. June 2014. Oran Mor 10th Anniversary
Oran Mor is turning ten. To celebrate a month long programme of events, including live music, theatre and comedy, has been created in appreciation of OranMor’s ...
- Southside Sessions Sweeneys, 5th June, 2014 Southside Sessions Sweeneys, 5th June, 2014
- Pete MacLeod, The Roxy, 27 June, 2014 Pete MacLeod, The Roxy, 27 June, 2014
- Phantom Band Tuesday 3 June 8 p.m. @ The Art School Phantom Band
Tuesday 3 June 8 p.m. @ The Art School, GlasgowSinkdog went a walkin in his breaches clutching his wand that never could be a tree. Atop a natural amphitheatre ...
- Graeme Clark (Wet Wet Wet) 4th June, 8 p.m. Woodend Tennis Club, Glasgow
Sounds in the Suburbs
Graeme Clark (Wet Wet Wet)
4th June, 8 p.m.
Woodend Tennis Club
Sounds in TheSuburbs
Wet Wet Wet’s Graeme Clark plays an intimate gig at Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Chamberlain ...
- The Face On The Moon, Sonic Dispace, Blood, Fire and Roses + Neon Knights Saturday, May 31 at 7:30pm The Vale Bar
The Face On The Moon, Sonic Dispace, Blood, Fire and Roses + Neon Knights
Saturday, May 31 at 7:30pm The Vale Bar
Toxic Rock Presents
The Face On The MoonSonic DispaceBlood, Fire ...
- Clann An Drumma, Lomond Shores, Saturday 31st May, 2014 Clann An Drumma
Scotland’s premier tribal band will be bringing more tribal mayhem to Lomond Shores, Balloch,
Saturday 31st May – around 12.30/3.30 pm
Lomond Shores, , Ben Lomond Way, Balloch G83 8QL
- Jayz Open Mic, Glasgow South Side, Sunday 1st June Jayz Open Mic, Glasgow South Side, Sunday 1st June
- The Resonators, Tea Gardens, Paisley, 1st June, 2014
69 Causeyside St, Paisley PA1 1YT
- Ghostface Killah (Wu-Tang Clan) + support The Arches, Tue 15 Jul 2014 Ghostface Killah (Wu-Tang Clan)
Tue 15 Jul 2014| 7pm – 10pm
Advance tickets £16 + £1.60 bf from The Arches
14+ (Under-16s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+)
253 Argyle ...
- Big Rock Candy Records Friday 6th June Broadcast
Big Rock Candy Records presents….
Friday 6th June
We have Dixie Fried , Jamie Flett Music and Ewan Butler Music
Tickets will be on a first come basis on the door, ...
- The Boswell Hotel, Glasgow, featured acts night, Friday 30th May The Boswell Hotel, Glasgow, featured acts night, Friday 30th May
- Albert Hammond and Band, Friday 30 May, OranMor Albert Hammond & Band
Fri 30th Of May 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue
OranMor top of Byres Road
Albert Hammond has been writing hit songs for over fifty years.
This is not ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Sounds in the Suburbs, The Kennedys 5th June Sounds in the Suburbs
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club
Thursday 5th June
The Kennedys and Edwina Hayes
Busy week next week at Woodend, on Wednesday Graeme Clark and then the next night the wonderful ...
- Dougie MacLean in Concert, Glasgow and Linlithgow, June 2014
Dougie MacLean In ConcertWith The RSNO
(Royal Scottish National Orchestra)
Saturday 7th June 2014Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Buy Tickets Now!
BOX OFFICE0141 353 8000www.glasgowconcerthalls.com
Linlithgow Folk Festival Association Spring Concert
Saturday 14th June 2014
- John Fullbright Mon 2nd Of Jun 2014, OranMor John Fullbright
Mon 2nd Of Jun 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue, OranMor
Quite simply, 23-year-old John Fullbright is one of the most exciting singer-songwriters to emerge this decade. His astonishing ...
- Live at the Star, June, 2014 All gigs at The Admiral, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA 8 p.m.
3rd June Powerful, hugely moving, warm, humane, inspired, funny and gut wrenchingly honest. These are just ...
- Project Cafe, Open Mic, Friday 30 May, 2014 The Project Cafe Open Mic Friday 30th May, 2014
Featured Musician: Tom Davis
Tell it slant poetry bookshop presents the Project Cafe Open mic. Music and words welcome, with an extended set ...
- Linda Jaxon Band, The Scotia, 31 May, 2014 Peloton, 112 112 Stockwell St, Glasgow G1 4LW
- Peloton, Stereo, 30 May, 2014 Peloton, Stereo, 30 May, 2014
- WTNP Events Presents: All Suns Blazing + Swinging Mables + Quaid + The Iqons + OSKAR + Naked Nelis Pivo Pivo Friday 6th June WTNP Events Presents: All Suns Blazing + Swinging Mables + Quaid + The Iqons + OSKAR + Naked Nelis
Pivo Pivo Friday 6th JuneAdvance tickets available from bands & Tickets Scotland£5 ...
- The Scottish Tour Collective, Beresford Lounge, Friday 30th May, 2014 The Scottish Tour Collective PresentsUniversal TheeScott CowieMadeline OrrSarsaparilla
The Beresford Lounge
Fri 30th May 2014
The Scottish Tour Collective train stops off in Glasgow with 2 excellent bands, one incredible solo female and ...
- Boo Hewerdine Saturday 24th May Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Jordanhill Boo Hewerdine
Saturday 24th MayWoodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Jordanhill Really delighted that we have Boo Hewerdine performing at Woodend this Saturday as part of his – My Name In The ...
- Sunshine Social + Sienna + Broken Boy 23 May, 2014, King Tuts Sunshine Social
+ Sienna + Broken Boy
23 May, 2014,
Doors | 20:30
Buy tickets >>
Sunshine Social :
The newest signing of Glasgow label Innovation Music and recipients of the prestigious 2010 ...
- Michael Simons, Tchai Ovna, Monday 26th May, 2014 Michael Simons
Support Jim Byrne
Tchai Ovna, Otago Lane, G12
Monday 26th May 8 p.m.
Michael Simons is a Glasgow-based finger style rag guitarist playing folk, blues and beyond.
Free – donations go to performer
- Live at The Star Folk Club, Glasgow, May 2014 All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm. Nels Andrews plus support
20th May Nels’ voice is typically warm and welcoming, as if ...
- Summer Nights at The Bandstand, Kelvingrove Park, 2014 Summer Nights at The Bandstand, Kelvingrove Park, 2014
- The Hellfire Club, Glasgow Because the Night (of the 24 May, 2014) The Hellfire Club, Glasgow
Because the Night (of the 24 May, 2014)With The Hellfire Club returns to The Griffin bar on Saturday 24 May. This time we are going to be ...
- Rebecca Pronsky, Friday 27 June, CCA, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow with Findlay Napier
June-July 2014 UK Tour Accompanied by Rich Bennett on guitar www.rebeccapronsky.com
Friday 27 June, CCA, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow with Findlay Napier Rebecca Pronsky is a born and raised Brooklynite whose music is “as ...
- Glasgow gigs: Ian Sherwood and Scott MacDonald Woodend Bowling & Lawn Tennis Club, Wednesday 14 May Ian Sherwood and Scott MacDonald
Wednesday 14th MaySounds in the SuburbsWoodend Bowling & Lawn Tennis ClubOne of the great things about putting on gigs at Woodend is being able to put ...
- Ken Campbell and Linsey Aitken, Fundraiser 14th June, Croftamie Ken Campbell and Linsey Aitken, Fundraiser 14th June, Croftamie
- THE RIVER SINGERS Sunday 11th May, 2014 The National Piping Centre, THE RIVER SINGERS
Sunday 11th May, 2014
The National Piping Centre, 30-34 McPhater St, Glasgow G4 0HW
Put together Mahalia Jackson, Aretha, Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou, Mama Thornton and some other gems. There ...
- Damnably Shonen Knife: Overdrive Tour + Teen Canteen CCA Sat 10 May 2014
DamnablyShonen Knife: Overdrive Tour + Teen Canteen
Sat 10 May 2014
7pm, Theatre, £12 + £1 booking feeBook online / 0141 352 4900
Japanese legends Shonen Knife return to the UK with their ...
- Glasgow Southside Fringe Fundraiser Saturday 3rd May, 7.30 – 11.30 p.m. Southside Fringe Fundraiser
Saturday 3rd May, 7.30 – 11.30 p.m.
Southside Fringe HQ
Join us on Saturday night for a fun-packed fundraiser and knees up at Fringe HQ! With Ace Comedy, Art, Live ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The STC Presents…One Last Secret, The Iqons, The Nex-Tide & 1 more Sat 3rd May 7.30 – 11 p.m. Nice n Sleazy The STC Presents…One Last Secret, The Iqons, The Nex-Tide & 1 more TBA
Saturday 3rd May
7.30 – 11 p.m.
Nice n Sleazy, 421 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3LG
One Last Secret have stormed the ...
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble Wed 14th Of May 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue, OranMor Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
Wed 14th Of May 2014 –Live Music @ The Venue, OranMor, Top of Byres Road£15Telphone 08444 77 1000ticketweb.co.ukHBE are eight brothers from the south side of Chicago. They ...
- Brian Kennedy Fri 9th Of May 2014 The Venue, OranMor Brian Kennedy
Fri 9th Of May 2014 7 p.m.Live Music @ The Venue, OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12Celebrating 22 years in the music industry this year, Brian Kennedy is one ...
- PCL presents Stag and Dagger CCA Sun 4 May 2014
PCL presentsStag and Dagger
Sun 4 May 2014
Times tbcAges 18+Visit PCLpresents.com for further details
This one-day, one-ticket festival has firmly established itself in Glasgow’s annual music calendar. Returning for a fifth year, ...
- Biding Time (remix) Wed 7 May — Thu 8 May 2014 CCA
Biding Time (remix)
Wed 7 May — Thu 8 May 2014
8pm, Theatre, £10 (£8) + 60p booking feeAges 14+Book online / 0141 352 4900
A multimedia collaboration between musician Louise Quinn (A ...
- Swans With special guest Jenny Hval The Arches, Sat 24 May 2014
Synergy Concerts and Cry Parrot present
With special guest Jenny Hval
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Sat 24 May 2014 | 7pm-10pm
£18 + £1.80 booking fee
New York no wave/post-punk group ...
- Mac DeMarco The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL Tue 20 May 2014 | 7.30pm doors
Synergy Concerts presents
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Tue 20 May 2014 | 7.30pm doors
£10 + £1 booking fee
Canadian “slacker rock” musician Mac DeMarco plays The Arches on ...
- STUART MACFARLANE / CALUM GILLIGAN / ABBI RAJASEKHAR (usa) 13th Note 8th May Thursday 08 STUART MACFARLANE / CALUM GILLIGAN / ABBI RAJASEKHAR (usa)
50 King Street, G1 5QT
Stuart Macfarlane: Experienced musician with a background in hair metal, folk and prog ...
- Folk Showcase: MIKE HASTINGS / MICHAEL McGARRY / PADDY COYLE AND ADAM HODES 13th Note, Tuesday 29th April Folk Showcase: MIKE HASTINGS / MICHAEL McGARRY / PADDY COYLE AND ADAM HODES
50 King Street, G1 5QT
Tuesday 29th April
Mike Hastings is a guitarist and songwriter from Glasgow who also ...
- Jimi Goodwin, 10th May, 2014 King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Jimi Goodwin
10th May, 2014
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut
272a St Vincent Street, G2 5RL
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 15.00
+ Tea Street Band
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
Jimi Goodwin :
- New College Lanarkshire Band Showcase King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, 272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL 16th May, 2014
New College Lanarkshire Band Showcase
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, 272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL
16th May, 2014
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 5.00
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
New College Lanarkshire Band ...
- Polly and the Billet Doux, 9th May, 2014 King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Polly and the Billets Doux
9th May, 2014
King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, 272a St Vincent Street, G2 5RL
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 7
+ David Murdoch + Angus Munro
Tickets | Buy tickets ...
- The Fratellis, 30th April, 2014 King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
30th April, 2014
King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut, 272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5RL
Price | £ 23.00
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
The Fratellis :
- The Collectors + DJ Gregor Emond (Superfly) McChuills High Street G1 1NL Sat 31 May 2014 The Collectors
+ DJ Gregor Emond (Superfly)
McChuills High Street G1 1NL
Sat 31 May 2014
Free Entry / Doors 8.30pm
1960s Mod, Garage and R’n’B from this Glaswegian quintet plus a sweltering mix of ...
- The Sonics The Arches Fri 9 May 2014
Fri 9 May 2014 | 7pm doors | £20 + £2 booking fee
Widely influential US garage rock/punk band The Sonics come to The Arches on Friday ...
- Seavaigers, The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL Wed 30 Apr 2014
Scottish Ensemble presents
Composed by Sally Beamish, performed by Chris Stout and Catriona McKay
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Wed 30 Apr 2014 | 7.30pm | £13(+ £1.30 bf) / £5(+ ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Declan Sinnott at Woodend, Sunday 27th April Declan Sinnott at Woodend 8.00pm
Sunday 27 th April30 Chamberlain Road G13 1QGReally delighted to have Declan Sinnott and Vickie Keating play Woodend this Sunday the 27th Of April . If you ...
- Jim McAteer, The Black Sparrow, 24th April
Scott McWatt and Caleb Major
The Black Sparrow
241 North St, Glasgow G3 7DL
- Fraser Anderson Driving Miss Daisy Tour Glasgow 3rd May – 7 p.m. OranMor
Fraser Anderson Driving Miss Daisy Tour
3rd May – 7 p.m.
OranMor, 731 Great Western Road, G12 8QX
Fraser Anderson is a Scot now living in London, this is his homecoming tour. ...
- Live at the Star Club, Glasgow April – May 2014 All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pmSarah McQuaid
29th April Renowned for her warm, engaging stage presence, Sarah McQuaid is a ...
- Krista Detor, Admiral Bar, 30 April Krista Detor, Admiral Bar, 30 April
- Dark Behaviour, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL Fri 2 May 2014 | 9pm-late
The Arches and 85A present
253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Fri 2 May 2014 | 9pm-late | £10 (£5 with Behaviour Festival Pass)
Rounding off our fifth Behaviour Festival, we bring ...
- The STC Presents…One Last Secret, The Iqons, The Nex-Tide & 1 more TBA Saturday 3rd May 7.30 – 11 p.m. Nice n Sleazy The STC Presents…One Last Secret, The Iqons, The Nex-Tide & 1 more TBA
Saturday 3rd May
7.30 – 11 p.m.
Nice n Sleazy, 421 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3LG
One Last Secret have stormed the ...
- Not Proven Trio, St Louis, Sunday 27th April, 2014
St Louis Cafe Bar
734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- EFC Festival 2014 – Atomic Blondie and The Underground Jam Friday 2nd May 8 p.m. Classic Grand EFC Festival 2014 – Atomic Blondie and The Underground Jam
Friday 2nd May 8 p.m.
Part of the EFC Festival 2014 Atomic Blondie & The Underground Jam Buy ...
- Best Singer-Songwriters in the Southside of Glasgow, 20th May, The Glad Cafe 20th May,The Glad Cafe
Best Southside Singer-Songwriters
The best singer songwriters in the Southside of Glasgow playing in the most intimate venue we have to offer. Enjoy music from 10 ...
- No More Tiger album launch with Friday, April 18 at 7:30pm The Glad Cafe No More Tiger album launch
with support from the BMX Bandits and Honey and the Herbs!Friday, April 18 at 7:30pm The Glad Cafe Hey hey, everyone who wants to be prepared like ...
- The East End Social with The Cameron Brothers, The Mick West Trio, The Duncan McCrone Band, Barrowland, 3 May McGinn meets Seeger and McColl: An Evening with the Cameron Brothers at The East End Social
The Mick West Trio, The Duncan McCrone Band
03/05/14, Barrowland Ballroom
Barrowland, 244 Gallowgate, Glasgow, G4 0TT
- Glasgow Gigs: Suzy Bogguss, Friday 11th April, St Andrews in the Square Tickets £16: TicketScotland or Ticket Web
Friday 11th April, 2014 – 8 p.m.
St Andrews in the Square, 1 St Andrews Square, Calton, Glasgow G1 5PP
- Glasgow gigs: Mother’s Ruin, The Rock, 19th April, 2014
19th April – 9 p.m.
Great mix of rock, blues, ska, Reggie and punk. Everyone welcome.
The Rock Bar, Hyndland Road, G12 APR
- Simone Felice 11th April, King Tut’s Simone Felice
11th April, King Tut’s
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 12.50
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
Simone’s new full-length album, Strangers, (due out March 2014) is a ten song collection recorded in the ...
- Paul Thomas Saunders 9th April, 2014 King Tut’s
Paul Thomas Saunders
9th April, 2014
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 6.00
+ Chelsey Cornelius
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
Paul Thomas Saunders : “With influences such as Joe Meek and Leonard Cohen, Paul ...
- Synergy Concerts: Withered Hand CCA Fri 18 April 2014
Synergy Concerts:Withered Hand
Fri 18 April 2014
7.30pm, £10 advanced, £12 on the doorAges: 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Withered Hand is the music of Dan Willson. Dan came late to singing ...
- Glasgow gigs: Glow Arts Blue Rose Code Album Launch Party Sat 17 May
Glow ArtsBlue Rose CodeAlbum Launch Party
Sat 17 May 2014
7.30pm, £12 (£10) + 60p booking fee, TheatreAges 14+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Blue Rose Code returns to Glasgow for the Scottish ...
- Glasgow gigs: Glow Arts Fred Morrisonm 15th April, 2014 – CCA
Glow ArtsFred Morrison
Tueaday 15 April 2014
8pm, £12 (£10), TheatreBook online / 0141 352 4900
Glow Arts presents the innovative Scottish piper Fred Morrison. Although born and raised near Glasgow, it’s the ...
- The Springsteen Sessions, Classic Grand, Events for Charities, 2nd May, 2014
New Competition win a pair of Tickets to go see The Springsteen Sessions (The Uk’s No.1 Bruce Springsteen Tribute)and Bad-Name Bonjovitribute….at The Classic Grand on Friday 2nd May at the ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Vagabond Club, State Bar, 11th April, 2014
Vagabond Social Club
11th April, 2014 – 8 p.m.
The State Bar
Gavin Wallace / King Henry / and special guests
The Scuffers frontman, Gavin Wallace, makes a long overdue return to the VSC ...
- Counterflows: The Glad Cafe, Joe McPhee, Mats Gustaffson, John Edwards, Steve Noble and more Sunday 6th April, 4 p.m.
Entry: Over 18s only
Room: The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands.
+ Joe McPhee + Mats Gustaffson + John Edwards + Steve Noble + ...
- Glasgow Gigs: James Walsh, King Tuts, 7th April, 2014 James Walsh
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 12.50
+ Billy Jeffrey Jnr
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5RL.
- Glasgow gigs: Bipolar Sunshine, King Tuts, Friday 4th April
Friday 4th April
Doors | 20:30
Price | £ 7.00
+ Indiana + Kimberley Anne
Tickets | Buy tickets >>
272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5RL.
- Glasgow gigs: Sam Halmarack and The Miserablites, Arches, 4 and 5th April, 2014
Sam Halmarack and The Miserablites
Fri 4 – Sat 5 Apr 2014 | 4th: 8.30pm | 5th: 7.30pm | 60 mins | £12/£10 (Behaviour day passes available for £20/£16, festival ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Counterflows Luke Fowler / Mika Vainio / Lee Patterson, CCA 4th April
CounterflowsLuke Fowler / Mika Vainio / Lee Patterson
Friday 4 April 2014
10.15pm, £6 + booking feeAges:Book online / 0141 352 4900
AC Projects/Alternative Currents:Counterflows Festival 2014
Fri 4 April — Sun 6 April ...
- Ciaran Dorris Saturday 26 April, 2014 St. Augustines, Dumbarton An Evening with Ciaran Dorris
Saturday 26 April, 2014
St. Augustines,. 2a High Street. Dumbarton G82 1LL
- Dave Arcari / Erin Harpe, Buchanan Memorial Hall, Milton of Buchanan, Saturday 26 April, 2014 Dave Arcari / Erin Harpe
Saturday, April 26 at 8:00pm Buchanan Memorial Hall,
Creityhall Road, Milton of Buchanan, by Drymen, Scotland Tickets £9
AN exclusive double ...
- CD Launch, The Linda Jaxson Band and Not Proven, supporting Mary’s Meals, 11th May, Piping Centre, £10 CD Launch, The Linda Jaxson Band and Not Proven, supporting Mary's Meals, 11th May, Piping Centre, £10
- Events for Charities: The Black Charge at Pivo Pivo 3rd May, 2014 Events for Charities: The Black ChargePivo PivoSaturday, May 3at 7:00pm – 11:30pm EFC Festival 2014 Second night of three at Pivo Pivo in Glasgow. The unsigned and Signed stage ...
- Dexy’s Bootleg Runners, Lucky Break, Clydebank, 10th May Lucky Break Clydebank
26-30 Glasgow Rd, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire G81 1SE
10th May, 2014
- Glasgow Gigs, Mark Cardle, The Arches, Saturday 5th April
253 ARGYLE ST | GLASGOW G2 8DL | SCOTLAND
MJR Live by arrangement with Synergy Concerts and Industry Music Group presents
The Porcelain Tour
Sat 5 Apr 2014 | 6.30pm doors | ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Bridie Jakson and The Arbour, CCA, 19th April
Acoustic AffairBridie Jackson & The Arbour
Sat 19 April 2014
7pm, £10 + £1 booking feeAges 14+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Winners of the 2013 Glastonbury Emerging Talent Competition, Bridie Jackson & ...
- Will Guthrie & David Maranha, Ghedalia Taztartes & Maya Dunietz and John Butcher and Mark Sanders., CCA, 5th April
Sat 5 April 2014
7.30pm, £10Book online / 0141 352 4900
Counterflows’ much-anticipated evening concert features Will Guthrie & David Maranha, Ghedalia Taztartes & Maya Dunietz and John Butcher and Mark ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Acoustic Affair Hailey Beavis, CCA, Wednesday 2nd April, 2014
The Acoustic AffairHailey Beavis
Wed 2 April 2014
7pm, £10 + 60p booking feesAges 14+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Based in Edinburgh, songwriter Hailey Beavis is testament to true,creative art. A self ...
- Glasgow Gigs: QUESTION THE MARK / THE KIMBERLY STEAKS / THE WALKING TARGETS / KNEE-JERK REACTION 13th Note, 4th April Thursday 03 QUESTION THE MARK / THE KIMBERLY STEAKS / THE WALKING TARGETS / KNEE-JERK REACTION
Thursday 4th April
Thirteenth Note, 50 – 60 King Street, Glasgow City Centre
Question The ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The New Madrids, Robert Cassani, Nice n Sleazy, Sunday 30th March
Entry: 18+ ID Required
Room: Main Room
Nice N Sleazy presents:
The New Madrids
+ Roberto Cassani
Sunday 30 March @ Nice N Sleazy, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
The New Madrids were ...
- Linda Jaxon Band, St Louis, Partick, 5th April, 2014. 9 p.m.
734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- East Dunbartonshire Council Schools Jazz Orchestra Easter Concert, Cottiers, 1st April East Dunbartonshire Council Schools Jazz Orchestra Easter Concert
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland Street, G11 5PU
Performance Date: 1 Apr 2014 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
East Dunbartonshire Council Schools Jazz Orchestra present their ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Americana at The Glad Cafe, 30th March Heart of Rust Southside Americana Club
30th March, 2014
The Southside Americana Club returns in March with a great line-up! Join us for the return of epic Neil Young tribute band Heart of Rust, supported ...
- Fundraiser: Spring Fling, The Shed, Glasgow, Saturday 29th March, 2014 Loads of great entertainment in the Southside this weekend,
Saturday 29th March
The Shed, 26 Langside Ave, Glasgow G41 2QS
Southside Fringe Glasgow fundraiser at The Shed will be awesome!
- Glasgow gigs: Friends of Plockton Music School Fundraising Concert, St Andrews in the Square, 1st April Friends of Plockton Music School Fundraising Concert
St Andrews in the Square, 1 St Andrews Square, Calton, Glasgow G1 5PP1st April, 2014St Andrew’s in the Square presents:Friends of Plockton Music School ...
- Glasgow gigs: Daniel Wylie at The Old Hairdressers’, Saturday 22nd March The Stripped Sessions presentsDaniel Wylie at The Old Hairdressers’
Saturday 22nd March7:00pm – 10:30pm The Old HairdressersRare chance to watch an intimate performance from Daniel Wylie where he will be ...
- Glasgow gigs: Sweeneys in the Park, 20th March 962 Pollokshawa Road
- Spangled Cabaret at The Art School, 14 April, 2014 Monday 14th April, 2014
The Vic Bar, The Art School, 20 Scott Street
Ladles and Jellyspoons! Spangled Cabaret has a new home! On the 2nd Monday of the month our eclectic ...
- Glasgow Gig: Big Boy Bloater, Nice n Sleazy, Saturday 22nd March, 2014
BIG BOY BLOATER
Entry: 18+ ID Required
Nice N Sleazy presents:
BIG BOY BLOATER
Saturday 22 March @ Nice N Sleazy, Glasgow
Big Boy Bloater is a well known figure ...
- Glasgow gig: The Bismarck, Ex Wives, Bite, The Phar’I-Sees – Thirteenth Note, Saturday 22nd March Saturday 22 THE BISMARCK (Seattle) / EX-WIVES / BITE / THE PHAR’I-SEES
Saturday 22nd March, 2014
The Bismarck – North Dakota’s shame is Seattle’s gain. Ragged bunch of fugitives driven ...
- Glasgow gigs: Solas Festival, The Glad Cafe, Thursday 27th March Solas Festival
The Glad Cafe, Thursday 27th March, 2014We’re bringing a night of Solas Festival’s favourite new music and caberet to The Glad Cafe In what promises to be a great ...
- EFC: In aid of Yorkhill Children’s Charity, Bombskare, Esperanza, Skarsoles, The Ferry 4th May, 2014 EFC: In aid of Yorkhill Children's Charity, Bombskare, Esperanza, Skarsoles, The Ferry 4th May, 2014
- Glasgow gigs: The Iqons, Stereo, March 21st, 2014 The Iqons
Stereo Friday, March 21 7 p.m.
Playing alongside Revolving Doors (www.facebook.com/doorsarerevolving) and TBC. Tickets are £6 on the door, but as per usual see us for a ...
- Glasgow gigs: Trans, CCA, Thursday 13th March, 2014
Thursday 13 March 2014
7.30pm, £8.50 + £1 booking feeBook online / 0141 352 4900
Bernard Butler (Suede) and Jackie McKeown (Yummy Furs/The 1990s) celebrate guitar music in their new improvised, ...
- Glasgow gigs: Dar Williams, Friday 14th March, CCA
Fri 14 March 2014
7.30pm, £13 + £1 booking fee, TheatreAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
One of the most lauded singer-songwriters of her generation, Dar Williams has been captivating ...
- Glasgow gigs: Saramago How to Swim + Fat Suit + Brass, Aye, Friday 21st March, CCA
SaramagoHow to Swim + Fat Suit + Brass, Aye
Friday 21 March 2014
8pm, £5, TheatreBook online / 0141 352 4900
How to Swim present their new album, Niagarama, at a special launch ...
- Glasgow gigs: Barby Asante South London Black Music Archive, Friday 14th March
Barby AsanteSouth London Black Music Archive
Friday 14 March 2014
6pm, FREE but ticketed, CinemaBook online / 0141 352 4900
The first in a series of events profiling current archive activity, we welcome ...
- Glasgow gigs: Augustines, Arches, 11th April, 2014
Friday 11 April 2014, 7pm doors
£12.50 + booking fee
Augustines (formerly We Are Augustines) come to The Arches on Friday 11th April.
Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
14+ (under 16s must ...
- Glasgow gigs: Wild Beast, Arches, 27th March, 2014
DF Concerts presents Wild Beasts
Thursday 27 Mar 2014 7pm doors
£14.50 + booking fee
Falsetto-led indie four piece Wild Beasts come to The Arches on Thursday 27th March.
14+ (Under 16s must be ...
- Glasgow gigs: Monster Truck + Scorpion Child + Buffalo Summer, King Tuts, 22nd March Monster Truck + Scorpion Child + Buffalo SummerKing Tuts22 March, 8.30p.m.Price £10.00 Buy online
- Glasgow gigs: Space & Republica, King Tuts, 18th March Space & Republica
18 March, 8.30 p.m.
- Glasgow gigs: Pete MacLeod + Twisted Melons + Paul John MacIver. King Tuts 15th March Pete MacLeod + Twisted Melons + Paul John MacIver King Tuts 15th March, 2014, 8.30 p.m.Price £8 http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pete-macleod-glasgow-15-03-2014/event/36004B89DD95540F?brand=dfc_gis&camefrom=CFC_UK_DFC_GISKing Tut’s Wah Wah Hut 2010. 272a St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5RL.
- Gigs in Great Places – featuring Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5 and Lorraine McCauley & The Borderlands Glasgow Bike Station
Friday 21st MarchWhen Lorraine McCauley approached us to ask about hosting a gig in our great place we jumped at the chance!On Friday 21st March, The Bike Station ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Linda Jaxon Band, Go Wild at the Scotia, Saturday 15th March, 2014 Saturday 15th March
The Scotia Bar, 112 Stockwell St, Glasgow G1 4LW
- Declan Sinnott, The Glad Cafe, 23rd April – support Crawford Smith
Tickets will soon be available from Young’s Interesting Books and online at www.tickets-scotland.com
- Open Mic Jayz Bar, Sunday 16th March
Open Mic at Jayz BarSunday, March 16, 2014 Hosted by the Southside Sessions from 8pm til late, all musicians and entertainers welcome.. Acoustic guitar, jam session options, a free ...
- Glasgow Gigs: No More Tiger album launch, BMX Bandits support and Special guests, The Glad Cafe, 18th April, 2014 No More Tiger album launch, BMX Bandits support and Special guests
Friday, April 18, 2014, 7.30 p.m.
Have you heard of Lydia? She was covered in tattoos….. And what do you think…. ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Broken Ravens King Tuts 8th March, 2014
From Stornoway to Glasgow at King Tuts tonight – check them out if you can
The Broken Ravens
The Broken Ravens, a Rock band from Stornoway, featuring Bugsy Maclean, Thrash Macaulay, ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Southside Sessions, Open Mic Jayz Bar, Shawlands, Sunday 9th March Open Mic at Jayz Barwith Crawford Smith Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:00pm until 11:45pm Sunday night Open Mic at Jayz Bar and Restaurant, Shawlands Hosted by the Southside ...
- Gigs: Tea Gardens Tavern Paisley, March 2014 Gigs: Tea Gardens Tavern Paisley, March 2014
- Glasgow Giasgow: Vagabond Social Club, Fiday 7th March, Michael Angus / The Dirt / The Craig Hughes Two
Michael Angus / The Dirt / The Craig Hughes Two
Vagabond Social Club
The State Bar
Friday, March 7, 2014 8:00pm until 11:30pm
Former Foxface frontman, Michael Angus brings his dark folk to the ...
- Glasgow St Patrick’s Festival and festivities 2014 This year there’s an exciting diverse programme of events with something for everyone.
Gala Dinner Dance
Battle of the Bands
The Commitments at Sloans,
Juno and the Paycock, Cottiers
Lecture Sean O’Casey,
The Big Irish ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Clannad and Mary Black, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 13th March Clannad and Mary Black
Thu 13 March, 7:30pm £32.50, £28.50 Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Two of Ireland’s musical icons share the stage in a special tour. Performing both separate sets and together, ...
- Glasgow Gigs and Concerts: Commonwealth Celebration Concert – Let Glasgow Flourish, City Halls 8th March Commonwealth Celebration Concert – Let Glasgow Flourish
Sat 8 March, 7:30pm£10
City Halls, Grand Hall Glasgow Orchestral Society celebrates its home city’s hosting of the XX Commonwealth Games, and just before Commonwealth Week ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Live at The Star Club, March 2014 All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm
The sound of Blueflint is defined by the sublime close harmonies of Deborah ...
- Glasgow Gigs: James Edwyn and the Borrowed Band Debut Album Launch, 14th March, Old Hairdressers James Edwyn and the Borrowed Band DEBUT ALBUM LAUNCH
Friday 14th March 2014 (8pm)
The Old Hairdressers, Renfield Lane
James Edwyn and the Borrowed Band, Glasgow west end’s newest Americana/ folk sextet, warmly ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Go Wild in Broomhill, Linda Jaxson Blues Project, Saturday 8th March
St Louis, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City G11 6RD
- Glasgow Gigs: The Face On The Moon Glasgow Gigs: The Face On The Moon
- Glasgow Gig: Sweeney’s on the Park, Thursday 27th February.
The Southside Sessions present 3 new acts for your listening pleasure! come along and listen to the stars of the future!
Sweeneys on the Park, 262 Pollokshaws Road, G41 2ET ...
- Glasgow gigs: The Glad Cafe presents: Babe + Ubre Blanca + Woven Tents Frid 28 Feb The Glad Cafe presents:
+ Ubre Blanca + Woven Tents
Friday 28 February @ The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
Over 18s only
Ahead of their debut album ‘Volery Flighty’, The Glad Cafe ...
- Glasgow gigs: De La Soul, The Arches, 3rd May, 2014 Wylie Music and Synergy Concerts presents
De La Soul
Celebrating 25 years of hip hop
Sat 3 May 2014 | 7pm-10pm | £25 + booking fee
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
- Glasgow gigs: Seavaigers, The Arches, 30th April, 2014
Scottish Ensemble presents
Composed by Sally Beamish, performed by Chris Stout and Catriona McKay
Wed 30 Apr 2014 | 7.30pm | £13/£5 student/U16s free with paying adult
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 ...
- Glasgow gis: Matt Cardle, The Arches, Saturday 5th April, 2014
MJR Live by arrangement with Synergy Concerts and Industry Music Group presents
The Porcelain Tour
The Arches, 253 ARGYLE ST | GLASGOW G2 8DL | SCOTLAND
Sat 5 Apr 2014 | 6.30pm ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Hellfire Club,Les Johnson and Me, The Zips, Saturday 8th March, 2014
Hello FolksAfter a long break ‘With The Hellfire Club’ returns to the Griffin bar on Saturday 8 March, and we felt we couldn’t ignore the sad death of Lou Reed ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Chris Mills, Pivo Pivo, Tuesday 25th February Chris Mills
Tuesday (25 February)
Americana troubadour Chris Mills, and his band the Distant Stars (featuring members of Son Volt and Pinetop Seven) at Pivo Pivo, Waterloo Street. The gig marks ...
- Glasgow Gigs: 13th Note, 25th, 27th 28th February 13th Note, 50 – 60 King Street, Glsgow G1 5QTTuesday 25thCANADA / MARIE COLLINS / PATRON SAINTSCanada- Melancholic indie rock / Marie Collins- Gin soaked indie folk / Patron Saints ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Homosexuals, CCA Saturday 22nd February, 2014
Saramago + Old Hair presentThe Homosexuals
Sat 22 February 2014
10.30pm, Theatre, £10 + £1 booking feeAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
The Homosexuals began as The Rejects in 1977, playing shows ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Steve Nimmo Trio, 6th April, OranMor
Sun 6th Of Apr 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue
OranMor, top of Byres Road, G12
As one half of Scotland’s highly respected ‘Nimmo Brothers’, Stevie Nimmo has been a well ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Sensational David Bowie Tribute Band, OranMor 14th March, 2014 The Sensational David Bowie Tribute BandFri 14th Of Mar 2014 – Live Music @ The Venuefacebook.com/pages/The-Sensational-David-Bowie-Tribute-Banddavidbowietributeband.comTickets: £10.00Telephone: 08444 77 1000Tickets can be purchased in person from behind the bar.www.ticketweb.co.uk/Doors Open: ...
- Glasgow Gigs: The Face of The Moon Nice n Sleazy 13th April Glasgow Gigs: The Face of The Moon Nice n Sleazy 13th April
- Glasgow Gigs: Singer/Songwriter Nights The Tron: Friday 7th March: Sweetheart Review, Helen Reeves Trio, Paul Tasker Singer / Songwriter Nights
Warren McIntyre of The Starry Skies will host monthly music events in The Vic Bar where new and established singer songwriters will be celebrated. The evenings ...
- Marten’s Progress Charity Concert, Normandy Hotel, Glasgow, 9th April Marten’s Progress Charity Concert
Saturday, April 19, 2014The Normandy Hotel, GlasgowMarten’s Progress is pleased to announce that Donnie Munro (ex Runrig) will head line a charity concert at the Normandy Hotel, ...
- Glasgow Gig Guide: The Duncan McCrone Band in Concert March 29, 2014 The Duncan McCrone Band in ConcertSaturday, March 29, 2014 7:30pmDuncan, with Cy Jack and Jim Yule. Fundraising concert for hall funds.
Bring your own bottle!
Tickets £10.Milton of Buchanan Memorial Hall, near ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Michael Angus / The Dirt / The Craig Hughes Two, The State Bar, 7th March Michael Angus / The Dirt / The Craig Hughes Two
Vagabond Social Club The State BarFriday, March 7, 2014 8:00pm until 11:30pmFormer Foxface frontman, Michael Angus brings his dark folk to ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Jake Morley / Kat Healy / Dougsy / Josie Rose, Nice n Sleazy, 26th February Jake Morley / Kat Healy / Dougsy / Josie Rose
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Nice n Zleazy Get Tickets (www.ticketweb.co.uk)
http://www.jakemorley.com/Seriously captivating live, Jake Morley is a singer and songwriter in a ...
- AISLING QUINN with support, Crawford Smith, Tchai Ovna 25th February Aisling Quinn with support Crawford Smith
Tchai OvnaTuesday, February 25, 20148:30pm until 10:00pmTchai Ovna, 42 Otago Lane, Glasgow G12 8PB
- Glasgow Gigs: Dave Arcari / Have Mercy Las Vegas live! 20th February Thursday 20th February 8:00pm
Broadcast Dave Arcari + special guests Have Mercy Las Vegas at Broadcast, Glasgow
Online ticketing: www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/88439
Physical tickets available from Love Music Glasgow , Dundas St, Glasgow Broadcast, ...
- Glasgow Gigs: Danny Brown The Arches: Wed 25th February Numbers and The Arches present Danny Brown
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, G2 8DL
Wed 26 Feb 2014 | 7pm-10pm | £16 + booking fee
Numbers and The Arches team up to ...
- The Muse at St Louis, Literature and Music, Glasgow: Lesley Riddoch 19th February
Lesley Riddoch discussing her book Blossom, What Scotland Needs to Flourish
Wednesday 19th February 8 p.m.
Host Linda Jackson
Music from Jim Byrne
St Louis Bar and Cafe, 734 Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Glasgow City ...
- Gig: Cairn String Quartet and Friends, Platform Glasgow, 21st February Cairn String Quartet and FriendsFriday, February 21, 20147:00pm The Twilight Sad Aidan Moffat Rm Hubbert Emma Pollock Kid Canaveral Stanley Odd Hector Bizerk Gasp Miaoux Miaoux 4 more guests TBAPlatform ...
- Clutha-A Celebration, Barrowland, all day Saturday 15th February, 2014 Clutha – A CelebrationSaturday 15th February2:00pm until 11:50pm In contribution to the effort which has seen funds raised for Clutha families and survivors, the all day event is ...
- Gig: The Optimystics & Electric Horse Power at The Roxy, Glasgow 21st March
Friday, March 21, 2014
Spring Equinox at the Roxy
The Roxy 171
171 Great Western Road, G4 9AW
- Gig: Vagabond Social Club, 14th February, 2014 Matthew Malone / Sleepy Eyes Nelson / Miss Irenie Rose
Vagabond Social Club
The State Bar
Friday 14th February 8:00pm until 12:00am
The Vagabond Social Club is back after an unseemly hiatus with a ...
- The Reconciliation Tour: Woodend Bowling Club 12th March, 2014 Michael Weston King – My Darling Clementine, Woodend Bowling Club
Michael Weston King and eaturing his wife Lou Dalgleish performing old and new songs from their critically acclaimed albums including the ...
- Mogwai: Concert Hall Celtic Connections 2014 When I arrived at the concert hall it was very unusual to see the place busy with thirty something rock and indie fans rather than the older audience that more ...
- Gig: Dear Stars, Admiral Bar, 22nd February, 2014 Dear Stars
The Admiral Bar, Waerloo Street, Glasgow
Sat 22nd February
Also Sean Kennedy and London based outfit El Born who are currently on a full scale UK Tour.
You can listen to some ...
- Gig: Jackie Leven Tribute Night, 6th February, Woodend Tennis Club, Jordanhill Gig: Jackie Leven Tribute Night, 6th February, Woodend Tennis Club, Jordanhill
- Gig: Strumsum, Bar Gumbo, Saturday 8th February After our two gigs as part of Big Burns Supper 2014 it’s time for a brisk lie-down, then a trip up to the Dear Green Place.
Come along and join in ...
- SPANGLED CABARET 6TH BIRTHDAY!, February 7th Ladies & Gentleman………….SPANGLED CABARET IS 6 YEARS OLD!
Friday, February 7, 2014 – 7:30pm
The Flying Duck
The eclectic, alternative and often chaotic monthly variety night celebrates in style with a stellar line ...
- Celtic Connections 2014: Imelda May, Old Fruitmarket. Review P. Keightley Imelda May Old Fruitmarket Celtic Connections 2014
Imelda rocked the Old Fruitmarket at her Celtic Connections gig. Sparkling and shimmying she radiated energy as she bounced her mic, clapped ...
- The Cotton Candy Music Club ft New Town Triptych, John McLinden, Kapil Seshasayee Thursday, February 6, 2014
After our well deserved January break, we’re back for more CCMC at Dram Glasgow. Headlining this one are the most excellent New Town Triptych. Also on the ...
- Celtic Connections Announces Winners of Danny Kyle Open Stage 2014 Every year at Celtic Connections the cream of new musical talent perform at Danny Kyle’s Open Stage. A diverse panel of judges – from industry stalwarts to members of the ...
- Open Mic: Jayz Bar, Shawlands, Sunday 2nd February, 2014 Sunday night Open Mic at Jayz Bar and Restaurant
Sunday 2nd February
Hosted by the Southside Sessions from 8pm til late, all musicians and entertainers welcome.. Acoustic guitar, jam session options, a ...
- Gig: Greendig1 at The Glad Cafe, Friday 31st January, 2014 Greendig1 at The Glad Cafe
Friday 31st January
Andrea Marini & band, Adam Stafford & Sonny Carntyne
Green Party benefit gig at The Glad Cafe, with headlining sets from Adam Stafford and Andrea ...
- Clutha – A Celebration, Barrowland – All day event 15th February, 2014 Clutha – A Celebration
Barrowland, Saturday 15th February. 2 p.m. start.
In contribution to the effort which has seen funds raised for Clutha families and survivors, the all day event is a ...
- Concert: MusicLab and Red Note: One in the Chamber, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, 13th February MusicLab and Red Note: One in the Chamber
Thursday 13th February 2014 – 7.30pm
AGOS Studio, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Renfrew Street, Glasgow
Red Note combines forces with the Royal Conservatoire’s MusicLab for ...
- Gig: The Grand Gestures, CCA, 9th February
The Grand Gestures +Man Without Machines
Sun 9 February 2014
8pm, £7 + £1 booking feeAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
The Grand Gestures make their only live appearance supporting their new ...
- Clutha Vaults Benefit Gig, Classic Grand, Saturday 1st February Clutha Vaults Benefit @ The Classic Grand
Saturday 1st February, 4 .m. – 11 p.m.
An all day extravaganza charity event
Featuring 18 great musical acts, some very special guests, raffles with great ...
- Gig: The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Avant Garde, 31st January, 2014 The band would like to take this opportunity to invite you to our next show which is THIS FRIDAY 31st at the Avant Garde, King Street, Glasgow.
The band will be ...
- Gig: Sweeney’s On The Park, Saturday 1st February from 4 p.m. Southside Matinee
Saturday 1st February
An afternoon hosted by the Howlin Radio band with a selection of local singer songwriter guests..
come along and enjoy the music from 4pm til 7pm.. Free ...
- Celtic Connections 2014: Roaming Roots Revue – review by P. Keightley Roaming Roots Review by Pauline Keightley
I was at a Laurel Canyon concert Sunday, such great songs came out of this era – and this was all about the young people ...
- Celtic Connections: Ullapool Guitar Festival, 30th January, 2014 Ullapool Guitar Festival goes to Celtic Connections.
30th January, 2014
Famed for its intimacy, informality and quality, the Ullapool Guitar Festival has earned a special place in the hearts of six-string ...
- Gig: All Suns Blazing, Beresford Lounge-Venue, Saturday 1st February Rockin’ ‘n’ Rollin’ Party
Launch All Suns Blazing
Saturday 1st February
Beresford Lounge-Venue, 8.30pm-12
Launch night of what will be a monthly event called with ALL SUNS BLAZING
The musical hosts of the night will ...
- Gig: All Suns Blazing, Rockin n Rollin Party, Saturday 2nd February Rockin’ ‘n’ Rollin’ Party
Launch All Suns Blazing
Saturday 1st February
Beresford Lounge-Venue, 8.30pm-12
Launch night of what will be a monthly event called with ALL SUNS BLAZING
8.30pm to midnight
The musical hosts ...
- A Northerly Land with Face The West, OranMor, Saturday 25th January, 2014 Traditional, Exclusive, Celtic ConnectionsA Northerly Land with Face The West25th January, OranMorCreated during a year-long artist’s residency in north-west Sutherland, drummer/producer Iain Copeland’s stunning new album A Northerly Land is ...
- Nelson Mandela and Seamus Heaney to be celebrated at Celtic Connections International Burns Night, Saturday 25th January Nelson Mandela and Seamus Heaney to be celebrated at Celtic Connections International Burns Night Celtic Connections 2014 will pay tribute to the late greats Nelson Mandela and Seamus Heaney at the ...
- Sweeneys in the Park 23 January 2014 Sweeneys in the Park Thursday 23rd January, 8:30pmThe Southside Sessions present 3 new acts for your listening pleasure! come along and listen to the stars of the future!
Andrew Mill ...
- Andy White, 5th February, Woodend Bowling Club, Glasgow
Andy White and Jimmy Livingston
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Chamberlain Road, Jordanhill
Belfast Troubador and fantastic entertainer, Andy White returns to Woodend to play songs from his new CD How ...
- Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2014, by Pauline Keightley Photos and Review Pauline Keightley – http://pkimage.co.uk/
Nicola Benedetti performed at the Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2014. It was an eclectic night of exemplary world class music, showcasing several of the artists ...
- The Hellfire Club, Bon-Accord, Glasgow Saturday 1st February After a long break The Hellfire Club are pleased to announce their first proper live performance in Glasgow for over a year.
Please join us at the Bon Accord (just next ...
- Hearing Voices Movement, Thirteenth Note, Free, Sunday 19th January HEARING VOICES MOVEMENT / RUSSIAN BRIDE / BEN O’FARELL / +1
Sunday 19th January
Thirteenth Note50-60 King Street, Glasgow, G1 5QT (50-60 King Street, Glasgow, G1 5QT ( “All members of Hearing ...
- Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Arches, 21st January
Synergy Concerts presents
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
Tuesday 21 January 2014 – 7pm-10pm
Super smart rap/beats duo Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip return to The Arches on Tuesday 21st January ...
- Palms/Aggi Doom, CCA, 1st February
Saramago presentsPalms / Aggi Doom
Sat 1 February 2014
8pm, Theatre, £5 +£1 booking feeAges 18+Book online / 0141 352 4900
Palms and Aggi Doom celebrate the release of their split 7” single ...
- BBC Radio Scotland CCA, Celtic Connections, 21st January
BBC Radio ScotlandLive at Celtic Connections
Tue 21 January 2014
8pm, Theatre, FREE but ticketedAges 16+Apply for tickets / 0141 352 4900
Bruce MacGregor brings you two hours of live music from the ...
- BBC Radio Scotland Live at CCA, Celtic Connections 20th January
BBC Radio ScotlandLive at Celtic Connections
Mon 20 January 2014
7.45pm, Theatre, FREE but ticketedAges 16+Sold out / 0141 352 4900
Vic Galloway brings you two hours of live music from the CCA ...
- Raghu Dixit Project and Shellie Morris, OranMor, 24th January
Raghu Dixit Project and Shellie Morris
Fri 24th Of Jan 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue
Today’s foremost international ambassador for India’s blossoming alternative music scene, singer-songwriter and guitarist Raghu Dixit ...
- Drever McGuire Young with Kent DuChaine, OranMor, 22nd January Drever McGuire Young with Kent DuChaine
Wed 22nd Of Jan 2014 – Live Music @ The Venue 7 p.m.
OranMor, top of Byres Road
Former Wolfstone singer/guitarist Ivan Drever, bodhran and flute player ...
- Celtic Connections 2014 Starts Today Celtic Connections 2014 starts today, Thursday 16th January, with a bumper Opening Concert filled to the brim with outstanding musical talent.
http://www.celticconnections.com The Celtic Connections Opening Concert is a fantastic milestone for ...
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Jackie Leven Tribute 6th February Sounds in The Suburbs – Jackie LevenWoodend Bowling Club6th FebruaryA night to celebrate the life and work of Jackie at Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club in Glasgow on the 6th ...
- EFC Festival Glasgow May 2014 EFC Festival 2014 Spiders on Mars & Hot LOveSunday, May 4 at 8:00pmThe ultimate David Bowie tribute band ?Spiders on Mars? will be performing a 2 hour set of David ...
- Cut Copy Saturday April 12th O2 ABC Glasgow Cut Copy
Saturday, April 12, 2014 7:00pm
Cut Copy is an Austrailian electronic band who have just released their fourth album, ‘Free Your Mind’ a concept album about freedom. We are ...
- Southside Matinee at Sweeney’s On The Park, 18th January 2014 .
Saturday 18th January, 2014 – 4:00pm until 7:00pm Our regular Southside Matinee is back with hosts Howlin’ Radio and a range of local singer songwriters and jam session friends.. 4pm ...
- Concert for Alliance Scotland – Various Artists Celtic Connections
Monday, January 20, 2014
7:00pm until 10:30pm
Royal Concert Hall
With Eddi Reader, Admiral Fallow, Hue & Cry, Horse McDonald, Emma Pollock, Tommy Reilly, Joe Nisbet Jnr, Siobhan Wilson, Little Fire & ...
- Celtic Connections Kicks Off
Celtic Connections 2014 – 6th January – 2nd February
13th January 2014
Celtic Connections Kicks off this Week
Celtic Connections 2014 kicks off this Thursday for 18 fun filled days of memorable musical ...
Sunny Govan Radio
Sunny Govan Community Radio 103.5FM – Broadcasting over Greater Glasgow sunnygovanradio.com
Sunny Govan radio is a community station which means that local people
can say something about where they live. It gives an airing to views from local community groups and helps get their message across. The station is run and managed by volunteers although some precarious funding has been gained allowing some paid staff to be employed.
Glasgow Gig Guide.
Comments are now closed on this page