Oo an Feddirs by Christie Williamson, Project Cafe, 30 January 2015
Oo an Feddirs by Christie Williamson
Tell it slant
Friday 30 January at 7 p.m.
Come celebrate, launch and listen to Christie Williamson read from Oo an Feddirs, his new collection published by Luath Press. All welcome, BYOB.
‘This striking collection of over 70 poems is the result of Williamson’s decade-long period of reading, writing and performing poetry in both English and Shetlandic, and is the distillation of his best work so far.
Oo an Feddirs is the first full collection from the acclaimed young Shetland poet Christie Williamson. It carries the striking imagery and rhythm that came through in Arc o Möns – Williamson’s translation of poems by Federico Garcia Lorca, which won the Callum Macdonald Memorial Prize in 2010. It is not so much a manifesto as a manifestation through poetry of what it’s like to be him: a living, breathing human being like any other.’
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason