One Thinks Of It All As A Dream A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor Mon, 17 October, 2016 — Sat, 22 October, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road G12
Mon, 17 October, 2016 — Sat, 22 October, 2016
By Alan Bissett | Directed By Sacha Kyle
A Co-Production with Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival, presented in association with Traverse Theatre and Aberdeen Performing Arts.
Featuring Euan Cuthbertson, David James Kirkwood, Ewan Petrie and Andrew John Tait.
‘I’m simply asking, Mr Waters, how do you know it’s Syd who has the problem?’
London, 1967. Pink Floyd have just released their debut album, the psychedelic masterpiece Piper at the Gates of Dawn. But the behaviour of their frontman, Syd Barrett, has become increasingly erratic. Is he having a drug-induced breakdown? Or is he playing an elaborate joke on the band and the music industry?
Syd Barrett would’ve been seventy this year, had he not died in 2006. This witty and poignant new play – specially commissioned for the Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival – is both a vivid portrait of a revolutionary period in pop music and a character study of one of its most enigmatic and complex figures.
Alan Bissett and Sacha Kyle are an acclaimed Scottish writer-director team, creators of Edinburgh Fringe hits such as The Moira Monologues, The Pure, the Dead and the Brilliant and Ban this Filth!
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
Tickets: 08444 771 000
Or at the Box Office on the day.
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow