One Thinks Of It All As A Dream A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor Mon, 17 October, 2016 — Sat, 22 October, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road G12
Mon, 17 October, 2016 — Sat, 22 October, 2016
By Alan Bissett | Directed By Sacha Kyle
A Co-Production with Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival, presented in association with Traverse Theatre and Aberdeen Performing Arts.
Featuring Euan Cuthbertson, David James Kirkwood, Ewan Petrie and Andrew John Tait.
‘I’m simply asking, Mr Waters, how do you know it’s Syd who has the problem?’
London, 1967. Pink Floyd have just released their debut album, the psychedelic masterpiece Piper at the Gates of Dawn. But the behaviour of their frontman, Syd Barrett, has become increasingly erratic. Is he having a drug-induced breakdown? Or is he playing an elaborate joke on the band and the music industry?
Syd Barrett would’ve been seventy this year, had he not died in 2006. This witty and poignant new play – specially commissioned for the Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival – is both a vivid portrait of a revolutionary period in pop music and a character study of one of its most enigmatic and complex figures.
Alan Bissett and Sacha Kyle are an acclaimed Scottish writer-director team, creators of Edinburgh Fringe hits such as The Moira Monologues, The Pure, the Dead and the Brilliant and Ban this Filth!
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
Tickets: 08444 771 000
Or at the Box Office on the day.
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- The Big Sunday, West End Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival Not Without Us, CCA
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Light up Gaza, Glasgow
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Museum of the Moon, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- LusoFilm The Invisible Life, CCA
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- West End Festival Summer Programme 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- The Great Get Together at The Hidden Lane