Off Balance by Magi Gibson – a poem for Valentines
I walk like a drunk, tripping
Over dogs, falling off kerbs,
in front of cars and trucks.
This is so physical,
A woman is at the door
returning a leg
I left at the local store.
I look in the mirror,
surprised I’m still there –
Picasso has been messing with my face,
my eyes are on my nose
my ears are on my chin
and Salvador has curled my hair
into a lovesick grin!
I daren’t go out, my body is
diffused with light, I might
dissolve in the sun, I defy
gravity, my head hurts
from bumping off clouds,
your name fizzes on my tongue.
I search books for a cure,
letters dance on the page,
refuse to be read, leap and
spin a crazy jig
to the rhythm of my heart
to the music in my head.
I would call out for help
but my voice has grown wings –
it’s perched out on the window ledge
chirrupping your name.
You have knocked me off-balance.
I think I’m going insane.
I think I’m going
I think I’m going
dot dot dot
Love Poems & Stories
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Pure Love – The Voice of Ella Fitzgerald review by Jim Byrne
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- An Evening with Multi Award winning author Robin Lloyd-Jones
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Two poems by Finola Scott: ‘Garlic’ and ‘Rhubarb’
- Glasgow Writer: Mary Irvine
- Onion by Leela Soma – vegetable inspired poetry
- Mum’s Favourite Flowers by Mussie Abbasi Harrison
- Flowers – poems by Leela Soma
- Aye Write 2019! Sara Sheridan introduces Anne Griffin and Anstey Harris
- Aye Write: Tribes of Glasgow review by Pat Byrne
- Aye Write 2019, Tom Shields review by Mary Irvine
- Aye Write: Kamal Ahmed: The Life and Times of a Very British Man review Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2019: ‘It’s Not About the Burqa’ Mariam Khan, Amna Saleem’ review Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2019: Henry VIII and the Men that Made Him Tracy Borman review by Mary Irvine