Occupation 101: ‘Voice of the Silenced Majority’ Screening
18 January, 2018 – 6.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The Glasgow University Palestine Society presents a film screening of “Occupation 101: Voice of the Silenced Majority” – a 2006 documentary film on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict directed by Sufyan Omeish and Abdallah Omeish.
The film focuses on the effects of the Israeli military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and discusses events from the rise of Zionism to the Second Intifada and Israel’s unilateral disengagement plan, presenting its perspective through dozens of interviews, questioning the nature of Israeli-American relations — in particular, the Israeli military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, and the ethics of US monetary involvement.
Occupation 101 includes interviews with mostly American and Israeli scholars, religious leaders, humanitarian workers, and NGO representatives – more than half of whom are Jewish – who are critical of the injustices and human rights abuses stemming from Israeli policy in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza.
Running Time: 90minutes (1hr 30mins).
FREE entry and refreshments provided.
Boyd Orr Building, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, G12 8NN
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A