NT Live The Tragedy of King Richard II
15 January, 2019
Simon Russell Beale plays William Shakespeare’s Richard II, broadcast live from the stage of the Almeida Theatre in London to cinemas.
This visceral new production about the limits of power will be directed by Joe Hill-Gibbins, whose previous plays include Little Revolution at the Almeida and Absolute Hell at the National Theatre.
Richard II, King of England, is irresponsible, foolish and vain. His weak leadership sends his kingdom into disarray and his court into uproar. Seeing no other option but to seize power, the ambitious Bolingbroke challenges the throne and the king’s divine right to rule.
Simon Russell Beale returns to National Theatre Live screens following broadcasts of Timon of Athens and King Lear, and his recent role in the National Theatre’s critically acclaimed production of The Lehman Trilogy.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Mary Queen of Scots
- Beautiful Boy GFT
- Blueprint: Theorem presents Dimension Zero CCA
- Kingpin: Cinema Parod-iso The Seaborne Neighbourhood Centre, Glasgow
- Naomi’s Journey, GFT
- Visible Cinema: Colette GFT
- Rosa Luxemburg, GFT
- Stan and Ollie, GFT
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Blueprint: Theorum CCA
- Collette, GFT
- Coach to Vienna + Fruit of Paradise | Ester Krumbachová Film Programme
- Conny Plank The Potential of Noise
- NT Live The Tragedy of King Richard II
- The Favourite, GFT
- CANCELLED She’s En Scene Women’s Screening: The Surprise Film CCA
- UK Jewish Film Zuzana: Music Is Life CCA
- One Cut Of The Dead, GFT
- Donkeyote, GFT