NT Live The Tragedy of King Richard II
15 January, 2019
Simon Russell Beale plays William Shakespeare’s Richard II, broadcast live from the stage of the Almeida Theatre in London to cinemas.
This visceral new production about the limits of power will be directed by Joe Hill-Gibbins, whose previous plays include Little Revolution at the Almeida and Absolute Hell at the National Theatre.
Richard II, King of England, is irresponsible, foolish and vain. His weak leadership sends his kingdom into disarray and his court into uproar. Seeing no other option but to seize power, the ambitious Bolingbroke challenges the throne and the king’s divine right to rule.
Simon Russell Beale returns to National Theatre Live screens following broadcasts of Timon of Athens and King Lear, and his recent role in the National Theatre’s critically acclaimed production of The Lehman Trilogy.
GFT 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Restless Natives – a screening West End Festival
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT