Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
Monday 3 December, 2018 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Ann Cleeves is the author of over thirty critically acclaimed novels, and in 2017 was awarded the highest accolade in crime writing, the CWA Diamond Dagger. She is the creator of popular detectives Vera Stanhope and Jimmy Perez who can now be found on television in ITV’s Vera and BBC One’s Shetland. The TV series and the books they are based on have become international sensations, capturing the minds of millions worldwide. Ann worked as a probation officer, bird observatory cook and auxiliary coastguard before she started writing. She is a member of Murder Squad, working with other British northern writers to promote crime fiction. Ann is also a passionate champion for libraries and was a National Libraries Day Ambassador in 2016. Ann lives in North Tyneside near where the Vera books are set.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series novelist Ann Cleeves comes to campus to chat about her writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- World Without Walls with musician and songwriter Brian McFall
- Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
- Women and Rent Strikes Red Clydeside at the Mitchell Library
- Tell It Slant Express Yourself on Burns Night
- Rachael Allen, Creative Conversations
- Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
- Scottish National Poetry Slam January 2019
- Charlie Gracie, Meet the Author, Fruin Farm review by Mary Irvine
- This Is Not A Burns Night, Govanhill Community Baths Trust
- Caro Ramsay, Plotting Your Novel
- Stuart MacBride, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Literary Lounge – Alternative Burns
- Love Music Hate Racism, The Arlington
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre