Southside Fringe Festival: This Is Not A Fashion Show Govanhill Baths Saturday 14 May, 2016
Govanhill Baths Community Trust’s upcycling project Rags to Riches created its first unique brand of upcycling events in 2012 – This Is Not A Craft Fair- and successfully delivered their first ever fashion show This Is Not A Fashion Show; An Upcycled Design Event in 2014.
Saturday 14 May, 2016
Govanhill Baths, 99 Calder St, Glasgow G42 7RA
Part of Southside Fringe Festival
‘This year we promise to wow audiences again with another unique innovative event with the iconic Govanhill Baths’ big pool dressed with one of Altronica’s infamous installation, thought-provoking performance, interactivity and upcycling extravaganza.’
‘Emerging designers Lucy Barge and Gail Coates will showcase collections of de-constructed garments and jazzy funked up hoodies along with Thrifty Little’s candy pop upcycled gear and toytastic accessories.
Hamish Mash will be joining us again with a collection of sharp upcycled outfits. We also some zingy menswear from one our workshops’ participant and Sew La Tea Dough extreme mending collection. Rags to Riches’ tutors, participants and volunteers will also showcase a trashonista collection made with men’s ties, plastics and other post consumer waste along with a cute upcycled kids collection.’
This unique fashion show also brings together an eclectic mix of organisations including the Garret art studio with a movement and fashion collection and Edinburgh’s Welcoming a Greener Future Project showcasing garments created for one their upcycling project.
Have a look at the last show back in 2014. It was such a great success with loads of great upcycled outfits from amazing organisations, makers and designers. The air was thick with excitement and wonder with smiles lingering on everyone’s face for days after the event.The outfits were outstanding full of the potential for a better fashion and an engaged vision.
Stalls from Rags to Riches and Thrifty Little will offer an opportunity to purchase some upcycled wares and accessories with a cafe serving refreshments and beverages at the interval.
This event is part of Southside Fringe and Voluntary Arts Week.
All in support of Govanhill Baths Community Trust.
Tickets avaiabale on :http://
Also available at Govanhill Baths 99 Calder Street or the Southside Fringe Headquarters in the Art Village Shawlands
Stalls from Rags to Riches and Thrifty Little will offer an opportunity to purchase some upcycled wares and accessories with a cafe will serve refreshments and beverages at the interval. This event is part of Southside Fringe and Voluntary Arts Week. All in support of Govanhill Baths Community Trust. Tickets avaiabale on :http://tinafs16.brownpapertickets.com/ Also available at Govanhill Baths 99 Calder Street or the Southside Fringe Headquarters in the Art Village Shawlands
- Rebel Yell on Tour, Music Moments Glasgow 2018
- Pagliacci, Scottish Opera visits Paisley, July 2018
- Family Friendly Autism Workshop, Riverside Museum
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2018
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer Festival, Burnt Church Film Club Glasgow
- Scottish Short Film Festival, 21 July, 2018
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- Tidelines Book Festival 2018, Irvine, Scotland
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Britannia Panoptican Music Hall
- Glasgow’s Big Feed, Govan, 28 and 29 July, 2018
- Summer Nights King Tuts, Glasgow
- Roots, Rock, Reggae against Racism, The Rum Shack Glasgow
- Live at Langloch Farm Fundraiser for CCI
- The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
- Mugstock Festival 2018
- Celebrating 80 years of the Beano, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow West End Beer Festival, Cafe Source, Hillhead Sports Club
- Spangled Cabaret, The Blue Arrow
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018