North Hop Glasgow, Saturday 18 June, 2016, SWG3
Saturday 18 June, 2016
SWG3, 100 Eastvale Pl, Glasgow G3 8QG
Raise your glasses people of Glasgow – North Hop is coming! Offering up a blend of craft beer, craft spirits, cocktails, street food, live music, and much more, North Hop – Scotland’s biggest celebration of craft beer culture arrives in Glasgow on June 18th at SWG3 in the heart of the West End.
Throughout 2016 North Hop is expected to attract over 8,000 festival-goers across Scotland. Following successful festivals in both Edinburgh and Aberdeen already this year, the festival brings together some of Scotland’s finest independent craft brewers, pop-up bars, street food vendors and up-and-coming live music acts.
There will be a wide variety of beer styles in a selection of cask, keg, bottles and cans from 15 different Scottish breweries, including local breweries Drygate Brewing Co, WEST Beer, Williams Bros Brewing Co, Up Front Brewing. And from further afield Spey Valley Brewery, Tempest Brewing Co, and some of the newest guys to hit the Scottish brewing scene, Fierce Beer, Edinburgh Beer Factory and Campervan Brewery.
An exciting craft beer related business that is taking the West End of Glasgow by storm will also be in the Beer Hall. Grunting Growler, owned by Jehan Hatu, who said:
‘When I lived in the States I used to drink growlers of craft beer all the time, and I was disappointed when I found out there was no where in Glasgow to get a growler! It’s an awesome way to drink beer. I want to share the growler culture with the rest of Glasgow and can’t wait to showcase some of the awesome beers we have on offer at North Hop Glasgow.’
And if that wasn’t enough expect to find a brand new and exciting beer in the Beer Hall from local experimental brewery, Drygate. The official North Hop Festival Brew is delicious and in the form of a California Common infused with raspberries. The festival will also feature a Cocktail Lounge with an array of cocktails, gin, wine and craft spirits from pop-up bars Solid Liquids, Bijou Wine and more.
And for those looking for a little bit of some to nibble throughout the festival there is food and market stalls a-plenty with favourites such as Burger Meats Bun, DogHouse, Fresh Revolution and Stacy Hannah Chocolates.
Last but not least festival goers can also enjoy a full programme of music across two stages, coordinated with Inverness-based creative industries festival XpoNorth. Local band Schnarff Schnarff can be found on the main stage closing the Saturday evening session following on from their recent sell-out gig at King Tut’s. Acoustic acts and bands Bella and the Bear, Medicine Men, Declan Welsh, Laurence Made Me Cry and Josephine Sillars will also feature on the main stage, whilst local DJ’s Let’s Go Back…Way Back, and Highland trio Alan Grant, Connor Byre and Alan MacPherson can be found laying down the tunes in the Cocktail Lounge.
Michelle Russell, North Hop founder and organiser said:
‘We‘re so looking forward to coming to Glasgow. SWG3 is a superb and dynamic venue and we know the Glasgow crowd, and those coming from further afield will love the North Hop blend of beer, spirits, food and music. With both a Beer Hall and Cocktail Lounge there is something for everyone!”
So for a day packed full of food and drink with a dash of stompingly good music get along to #northhopgla on June 18th.
Tickets can be purchased online at northhop.co.uk or via selected local bars and shops – Grunting Growler, DogHouse, Six Degrees North.
- Mary Irvine blogging about A Goodbye Lunch
- Hillhead Bookclub Restaurant review Pat Byrne
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
- La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Mother India – A La Carte Menu and Lunch at The Den
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Mother India Glasgow – early evening and lunch menu
- Eusebi – enjoy a lovely Mother’s Day in Glasgow West End
- Mother’s Day 2018 at Leiper’s Attic
- Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
- Eusebi Valentine’s Day Menu, 2018
- Leiper’s Attic at Cottiers, Pre-theatre Menu 2018
- Valentine’s Day Menu 2018, The Square, Broomhill
- Valentine’s Day in Glasgow – Deal at Greggs
- Just for the lassies – Gaia Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Classrooms for Malawi, Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Celebrate Burns Day at Eusebi, Park Road
- Big Feed Street Social Glasgow 27 -28 January, 2017