Night at the Museum, The Hunterian, 27 November, 2015
Exploration and Inspiring Scots
To celebrate St Andrew’s Day, The Hunterian at the University of Glasgow will host a special Night at the Museum event on Friday 27 November from 7.00pm – 10.00pm.
Inspired by The Hunterian collections, this exciting free social evening focuses on ‘Exploration’ and ‘Inspiring Scots’ connected to The Hunterian and the University of Glasgow. The Hunterian is Scotland’s oldest public museum and its collections are rich in items of great Scottish cultural significance.
Visitors will have the opportunity to see The Hunterian’s world class displays at night, set against a backdrop of film and image projections, live Scottish music performances, heritage items not normally on display, refreshments and a pop-up shop.
Themes for the night include ‘Antarctic Exploration’ with a recreation of the famous piper and penguin image from the Scottish National Antarctic Expedition to the frozen continent, ‘Exploring our Past’ which showcases the work of inspiring Scots including political reformer Thomas Muir and pioneering medical missionary David Livingstone, and ‘Exploring Art and Music’ which includes a live music programme, interactive activities and digital trail.
Night at the Museum has received support as part of the Scotland’s Winter Festivals programme of events.
Join us for this spectacular showcase of ‘Exploration’ and ‘Inspiring Scots’, set against the stunning background of The Hunterian collections.
Night at the Museum: Exploration and Inspiring Scots
Friday 27 November 2015
7.00pm – 10.00pm
Admission free – booking required
The Hunterian Museum
Gilbert Scott Building
University of Glasgow
G12 8QQ Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow