Night at the Museum, Comics Scotland.
Saturday 1 December, 2018 –7 p.m. – 10p.m.
Admission free – Book online
Comics Scotland is an exploration of Scotland’s illustrious history in the development of comics.
This unique free event at the Hunterian Museum celebrates ‘St. Andrew’s Fair Saturday 2018’. With stalls, guest speakers and a cosplay competition, there is something for everyone!
The event will contribute to the global ‘Fair Saturday’ movement and the celebration of St. Andrew’s day to boost social inclusion, fairness and sharing inspired by Scotland’s National Day. Donations on the night will go towards supporting development of a widening participation outreach project with young people from disadvantaged areas across the city.
Showcasing world-class research and related objects from the University of Glasgow’s collections, including the world’s first comic, this dynamic and entertaining comic-con evening will feature a wide variety of activities and panel discussions with a number of special guests.
Comic-themed costumes are highly recommended!
The event will include a comics-themed DJ and a cash bar.
Night at the Museum is supported by Scotland’s Winter Festivals.
The Hunterian Museum, Gilbert Scott Building, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
- Glasgoes Poetic 2019
- Festa Dos Anos De Álvero De Campos Cheeky Besom Productions
- Getting Ready For The Mod at Kelvin Hall
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour