Nick Harper: 58 Fordwych Road
Friday, 12 April, 2019 – 8 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
58 Fordwych Road is an all new show that centres around a living room in a flat in Kilburn, London in the 1960s .
The abode of up and coming singer songwriter Roy Harper and his wife Mocy was an after hours hang-out for the legends who played at Les Cousins in Soho at the height of the acoustic explosion in swingin’ sixties London .
Artists such as Bert Jansch, Davy Graham, John Renbourn, Paul Simon, Sandy Denny, Marc Bolan and others dropped in, to drop out, jam and try new tunes. But all along, there was someone else there …. a toddler, part of the family, inhaling the music and absorbing the vibe; Roy’s young son, Nick Harper.
Nick later carved out his own career in music, but in this unique and one-off show he plays tribute to the time, the place and the music that became the centre of everything for him and the rest of his family.
The show runs over two halves. The first will see Nick delve into the deluge of songs he heard direct from the greats when growing up. In the second, Nick will trace the journey of how these luminary figures’ music evolved and helped shape popular music beyond the sixties, and revisit the eternal themes that run from then to now in songs of his own fine repertoire.
This section: Gig Guide, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- The Tailor of Inverness WebstersTheatre
- Seven Song Club, Lynnie Carson , Rebecca Jordan and Bearpit Brothers
- The Carlton 3, Peat Stew at The Shandon Belles The Buttery
- Ian Macpherson, Comedy Writing Workshop
- Jen Fairgrieve at Tchai Ovna House of Tea
- Songs in the South: David Starr, Martha L Healy and Al Shields
- St Louis Jam Sessions
- Dave Arcari and Sean Oliver, The Record Factory
- American Idiot, Kings Theatre Glasgow
- Jimmy Fast Keys – A Tribute
- Nick Harper: 58 Fordwych Road
- The Pieman Cometh by David Belcher and Bryan Jackson, OranMor
- Lolita Jackson at The Blue Arrow
- Let Me Entertain You, Fundraiser Kilbryde Hospice
- Urban Voodoo Machine Cottiers
- Shamanic at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Martha L. Healy, Flew the Arrow, Rosie Bans Seven Song Club
- Spangled Cabaret at The Blue Arrow
- Linda Jaxson at Avant Garde