Nick Harper: 58 Fordwych Road
Friday, 12 April, 2019 – 8 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
58 Fordwych Road is an all new show that centres around a living room in a flat in Kilburn, London in the 1960s .
The abode of up and coming singer songwriter Roy Harper and his wife Mocy was an after hours hang-out for the legends who played at Les Cousins in Soho at the height of the acoustic explosion in swingin’ sixties London .
Artists such as Bert Jansch, Davy Graham, John Renbourn, Paul Simon, Sandy Denny, Marc Bolan and others dropped in, to drop out, jam and try new tunes. But all along, there was someone else there …. a toddler, part of the family, inhaling the music and absorbing the vibe; Roy’s young son, Nick Harper.
Nick later carved out his own career in music, but in this unique and one-off show he plays tribute to the time, the place and the music that became the centre of everything for him and the rest of his family.
The show runs over two halves. The first will see Nick delve into the deluge of songs he heard direct from the greats when growing up. In the second, Nick will trace the journey of how these luminary figures’ music evolved and helped shape popular music beyond the sixties, and revisit the eternal themes that run from then to now in songs of his own fine repertoire.
This section: Gig Guide, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Wilkie’s World, Websters Theatre
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Smalltown – Pantheon at Websters
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Farmer Michael and Kathleen at Cottiers
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- Alien 3: The Unfilmed Script
- Antony and Cleopatra, Websters Theatre
- Loving The Enemy, Websters Theatre
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz