New Year Heralds In Fresh Brush Strokes, Thistle Gallery
By ringing in the New Year the Thistle Gallery resolves to continue to feature an eclectic range of remarkable artwork by many of Scotland’s leading contemporary artists, not just from the Central Belt but also from the Borders, the Highlands and Islands, Fife, Perthshire and Dumfriesshire …to name but a few.
‘Turning Over A New Leaf’
12 January – 24 February, 2019
The first exhibition, of what promises to be an exciting year for the Gallery, is aptly entitled ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’, which Previews Saturday, January 12th AT 11am and runs until Sunday, February 24th.
Among the artists taking part are Gallery favourites, Jackie Henderson, James Somerville Lindsay, Linda Park, Paul Kennedy, Helen Tabor, Sheila Fowler, Ian Elliot, and Sheila Hardy.
And in addition the gallery is also delighted to welcome three artists new to the Gallery: Karenina Johnson, Lucy Wilson and exciting emerging talent Indre Hilara Bylaite.
You will also find a selection of new comical canine ceramics by Alex Johannsen and a new range of lambswool scarves and snoods by Glasgow textile designer Olive Pearson.
This section: Art - what's on, interior design
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Claiming Back the Narrative, Refugee Week Scotland 2019
- Summer Time, Summer Place Thistle Gallery
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- DEGREE SHOW Glasgow School of Art 2019
- Glasgow School of Art Master of Fine Art Degree Show 2019
- Fashion Design Students Showcase Degree Show 2019
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT