New Year Heralds In Fresh Brush Strokes, Thistle Gallery
By ringing in the New Year the Thistle Gallery resolves to continue to feature an eclectic range of remarkable artwork by many of Scotland’s leading contemporary artists, not just from the Central Belt but also from the Borders, the Highlands and Islands, Fife, Perthshire and Dumfriesshire …to name but a few.
‘Turning Over A New Leaf’
12 January – 24 February, 2019
The first exhibition, of what promises to be an exciting year for the Gallery, is aptly entitled ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’, which Previews Saturday, January 12th AT 11am and runs until Sunday, February 24th.
Among the artists taking part are Gallery favourites, Jackie Henderson, James Somerville Lindsay, Linda Park, Paul Kennedy, Helen Tabor, Sheila Fowler, Ian Elliot, and Sheila Hardy.
And in addition the gallery is also delighted to welcome three artists new to the Gallery: Karenina Johnson, Lucy Wilson and exciting emerging talent Indre Hilara Bylaite.
You will also find a selection of new comical canine ceramics by Alex Johannsen and a new range of lambswool scarves and snoods by Glasgow textile designer Olive Pearson.
This section: Art - what's on, interior design
- Nichol Wheatley’s art depicting the tale of Tam O’Shanter at OranMor
- The Enduring Appeal of Mary Queen of Scots – University of Glasgow Research
- My Life In London, ProjectAbility
- A Wee Exhibition, Photography, Old Hairdressers
- New Year Heralds In Fresh Brush Strokes, Thistle Gallery
- Cafe Gandolfi, Festive Art Exhibition
- ‘Unwrapped’ Show at The Thistle Gallery 2018
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- Art Auction Fundraiser – Cure Claire’s Cancer
- A Weakness for Raisins Ester Krumbachová exhibition CCA
- Open Studio Lodestone Art Bowling ‘She Sits and Watches Sinking Ships’
- Open Studio with Rowena Comrie, Bowling Harbour
- Open Door Day Centre for Advanced Textiles Glasgow School of Art
- Jonas Staal The Scottish-European Parliament Exhibition CCA
- Scottish Art Show, Awestruck Academy, Clydebank
- Falling Leaves Exhibition at The Thistle Gallery
- Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Talks at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- William Hunter Tercentenary Exhibition The Hunterian
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne