nEW wRITINGs sHOWCASE of Glasgow, West End Festival, 6 June, 2017
The Hunterian Museum, University of Glasgow – 6 June – 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Part of the West End Festival
It takes passion, talent, and craftsmanship to create art with words as medium –
and Glasgow writers and poets are brimming with all three.
Partnered with The University of Glasgow’s
Creative Writing degree programmes (MFA/DFA), the nEW wRITINGS sHOWCASE
hosts poets and authors sharing their exciting new works.
Come along and enjoy these brave new voices!
Call for Submissions – All Writers and Poets
Submit a synopsis/abstract (200 words max) of what you intend to read – plus a short (50 word max) bio note by 31 May, 2017. (Selected readers will be notified by 2 June.)
Readings will be limited to 5 minutes each.
Please email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT