Neon Poltergeist, E.P. Launch 27 October, 2016 – New Hellfire Club
Dumbarton based poet Stephen Watt and Different Circle’s in-house producer/engineer Gareth McNicol have collaborated under the banner Neon Poltergeist to produce a macabre themed EP titled 55.862670 -4.231142 for halloween 2016.
The EP will be launched with a live event at the New Hellfire Club in Finneston on the 27th of October.
New Hellfire Club, Unit 4, The Hidden Lane, 1103 Argyle Street, G3 8ND
The title of the E.P.comes from the GPS Coordinates for Glasgow’s Necropolis.
Through Stephen’s poetry, the EP explores some of history’s darker regions. From Dragfoot, which covers John Sage, Edward Longshank’s torturer of Chillingham castle, through Edward Mordrake who fate would curse with having a second face on the back of his head, then to a poem called ‘Moors’ which deals with the Moors Murderer, Ian Brady. The poems’ dark subject matter is complemented by Gareth McNicol’s eerie and haunting melodies and atmospheric sounds. Combined they make quite compelling listening.
The EP will be released through Different Circle records, with an 8 page booklet containing the poems and the CD, along with a digital download
More about Stephen:
“Stephen Watt is the author of ‘Spit’, published by Peterborough publisher Bonacia Ltd in 2012 after beating 8,000 entrants at the Poetry Rivals slam the year before. Stephen has since won the StAnza Digital Poetry Slam, the Hughie Healy award, Tartan Treasures award, and been published in the United States of America, Germany, Mexico, and the UK. His new pamphlet collection ‘Optograms’ was published by Wild Word Press in February 2016.”
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT