Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
Writing The World Around Us
13 March,2018 –7 p.m.
Scottish Writers Centre, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
“The best environmental art, then, is deconstructed from the inside. As theory it retains its fullest existence as questioning—internally fractured by a doubt […]”
This two-part workshop will have participants discussing a selection of different definitions of nature, the environment, and our surroundings, in terms of what constitutes a world. These ideas will flow into an auto-writing session during which participants will create a piece of new writing.
After a short break, we’ll be taking a closer look at editing, with close consideration of form, structure, and tone. The aim is to respond directly to ecological themes in creating a piece of writing that enacts ecological thought in both form and content.
Participants are encouraged to bring along their preferred writing utensils. Spaces for this event are limited and open to all, so if you would like to book a place please contact us at info@scottishwriterscentre
Tickets: £6/(£3), Free for SWC Members
Loll Junggeburth studies English Literature at the University of Glasgow and is founding editor of RAUM poetry magazine. Her academic and creative writing focus on space and place, ecologies, and language. Her poetry playfully weaves together histories of place, modernist texts, and linguistic correlations. Loll’s work has thus far been published in Adjacent Pineapple, Gutter, and is forthcoming in From Glasgow To Saturn.
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow