Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
Writing The World Around Us
13 March,2018 –7 p.m.
Scottish Writers Centre, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
“The best environmental art, then, is deconstructed from the inside. As theory it retains its fullest existence as questioning—internally fractured by a doubt […]”
This two-part workshop will have participants discussing a selection of different definitions of nature, the environment, and our surroundings, in terms of what constitutes a world. These ideas will flow into an auto-writing session during which participants will create a piece of new writing.
After a short break, we’ll be taking a closer look at editing, with close consideration of form, structure, and tone. The aim is to respond directly to ecological themes in creating a piece of writing that enacts ecological thought in both form and content.
Participants are encouraged to bring along their preferred writing utensils. Spaces for this event are limited and open to all, so if you would like to book a place please contact us at info@scottishwriterscentre
Tickets: £6/(£3), Free for SWC Members
Loll Junggeburth studies English Literature at the University of Glasgow and is founding editor of RAUM poetry magazine. Her academic and creative writing focus on space and place, ecologies, and language. Her poetry playfully weaves together histories of place, modernist texts, and linguistic correlations. Loll’s work has thus far been published in Adjacent Pineapple, Gutter, and is forthcoming in From Glasgow To Saturn.
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT