Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
Writing The World Around Us
13 March,2018 –7 p.m.
Scottish Writers Centre, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
“The best environmental art, then, is deconstructed from the inside. As theory it retains its fullest existence as questioning—internally fractured by a doubt […]”
This two-part workshop will have participants discussing a selection of different definitions of nature, the environment, and our surroundings, in terms of what constitutes a world. These ideas will flow into an auto-writing session during which participants will create a piece of new writing.
After a short break, we’ll be taking a closer look at editing, with close consideration of form, structure, and tone. The aim is to respond directly to ecological themes in creating a piece of writing that enacts ecological thought in both form and content.
Participants are encouraged to bring along their preferred writing utensils. Spaces for this event are limited and open to all, so if you would like to book a place please contact us at info@scottishwriterscentre
Tickets: £6/(£3), Free for SWC Members
Loll Junggeburth studies English Literature at the University of Glasgow and is founding editor of RAUM poetry magazine. Her academic and creative writing focus on space and place, ecologies, and language. Her poetry playfully weaves together histories of place, modernist texts, and linguistic correlations. Loll’s work has thus far been published in Adjacent Pineapple, Gutter, and is forthcoming in From Glasgow To Saturn.
- Dispossession: The Great Social Housing Swindle, GFT
- Women Writers on the Fringe, Carlton Studios, Glasgow
- Tricky Hat presents The Flames, CCA, Glasgow
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic Hits The Sticks
- Stuart David at Aye Write, 2018 review by Pat Byrne
- Creative Conversations Poet and Playwright Inua Ellams, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Stuart David, writer and musician at Aye Write 2018
- Leo Barasi, The Climate Majority, Aye Write 2018
- Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
- Owen Mullen, Claire MacLeary and Angus McAllister Criminal Beginnings at Aye Write
- The Books That Made Me, Adele Patrick, Glasgow Women’s Library at Aye Write 2018
- Michael Meighan, Aye Write 2018 – Glasgow in 50 Buildings
- Ash Dykes, Mission Impossible, Aye Write 2018
- Christopher Baker – Monarch of the Glen, Aye Write 2018
- Simon McDermott & Chris Wilson, The Songaminute Man, Aye Write 2018
- Chris Bryant, ‘Entitled’ at Aye Write 2018
- Aye Write 2018, Jon McGregor introduces…Chris Power & Chris McQueer
- Gail Honeyman and Sarah Winman Word of Mouth Best Sellers, Aye Write 2018
- Scottish Women Writers with Linda Jackson of University of Strathclyde Creative Writing