NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL RETURNS TO SCOTLAND TO SEARCH FOR STAR ROLES
SPARKLE & SHINE!
NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL
Are you a young, budding performer who sparkles and shines on stage? Well, today is your lucky day because the producers of Nativity! The Musical are returning to Scotland to find more children aged 9-12 to star in the Glasgow and Edinburgh leg of the production’s 2018 UK tour.
Bright, young stars from in and around Glasgow will have a chance to sparkle and shine as one of the children from Oakmoor School.
Auditions will be held in Glasgow on Saturday 1 September 2018. Children will need to be available to play the King’s Theatre in Glasgow, Wednesday 7 – Sunday 11 November 2018and the Festival Theatre in Edinburgh from Wednesday 28 November – Sunday 2 December 2018.
All children auditioning must be:
9-12 years old by 1st October 2018
Strictly no taller than 4ft 7inches
Children must live within a one-hour commute of either Edinburgh or Glasgow and available to play both tour dates
Very strong dancers and singers who love to perform
To audition, children must be pre-registered with Keston and Keston the Children’s Regional Casting Directors via the iOS App ‘Keston Casting – downloadable’ which can be downloaded for free via the app store or registration can be completed via the website, www.kestonandkestoncasting.com.
All children who fall within the criteria above will be sent an invite with full information and the location for the audition.
NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL is written and directed by the creator and director of the blockbuster film series, Debbie Isitt.
Debbie said: “We are looking for characterful but disciplined children who can ‘act’ as snobby and superior and yet have a sense of fun and can give over the top performances if required. We need the children to have good movement ability – marching, basic choreography and have excellent posture. They should also be able to sing confidently, have basic acting ability and enjoy performing.”
Every child in every school has one Christmas wish, to star in a Nativity, and at St Bernadette’s School they’ve decided to mount a musical version! Join teacher Mr Maddens and his crazy assistant Mr Poppy as they struggle with hilarious children, and a whole lot of sparkle and shine to make everyone’s Christmas wish come true. Featuring all of your favourite sing-a-long songs from the smash-hit films including Sparkle and Shine, Nazareth and One Night One Moment. NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL promises to be the perfect feel-good comedy for all the family.
NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL SCOTTISH DATES
WEDNESDAY 7 NOVEMBER – SUNDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2018
GLASGOW KINGS THEATRE www.atgtickets.com/venues/kings-theatre
WEDNESDAY 28 NOVEMBER – SUNDAY 2 DECEMBER 2018
FESTIVAL THEATRE EDINBURGH www.capitaltheatres.com
This section: Kids and young people, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Tandem at The Tron
- Our Time Theatre Group Fundraiser, Websters
- Waiting for Godot, Websters
- Bend It Like Brattbakk, Websters Theatre
- Stepping Out The Musical Websters Theatre
- Creative Pathways Designed by Disruption, Impact Arts
- Burns for Bairns OranMor
- New Rhythms for Glasgow Mid-term Music and Art Workshops, Maryhill
- Jam Project – Free Music Classes at Music Broth
- Scottish Opera presents Anthropocene – World Premiere by Stuart MacRae and Louise Welsh
- Wee Write 2019
- Annie, Kings Theatre, Glasgow: Full Casting Announced
- Glasgow Girls, Kings Theatre review Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Girls Kings Theatre
- Three Leaps of the Gazelle, Playwrights Studio
- Big Fish the Musical
- Fibro My Arth! Extended, Websters
- New Works Festival, Cottiers
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- The Muppet Christmas Carol, GFT