National Poetry Day at GOMA 6 October, 2016
National Poetry Day at GOMA Library Oct 6th
Federation of Writers (Scotland)
Thursday 6 October 2.30-5.30pm
Come and celebrate National Poetry Day with us at our usual venue either as audience or as reader. The theme is ‘messages’ in all senses and since a poem itself is a message there’s plenty of scope!
Three sessions: 2.30-3.15; 3.30-4.15; 4.30-5.15.
Magi Gibson reading at 3.30 p.m. Compere is Finola Scott, who will also be reading her work.
At 5.15 we round off the celebration with a reading by our current Makar Elizabeth Rimmer – a real treat.
There’ll be plenty of time to get to events at the Mirrorball and elsewhere later in the day.
Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co