Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
7 October, 2018
St Andrews in the Square
He picked up glowing 5-star reviews for his album, I Don’t Do This for Love, I Do This for Love – a CD that deservedly won him huge media exposure.
And, Nathan Bell ended 2017 on another high after being voted Male Performer of the Year in the Readers’ Poll at the influential AmericanaUK website.
He had made a rare visit to these shores earlier that year for his show with James McMurtry at Celtic Connections, and stunned a capacity crowd into hushed silence when he took the stage at Oran Mor.
Since returning to his home in Tennessee. Nathan has recorded a brand new album to be released here just before he returns and a ‘live’ album recorded in front of a sold-out crowd in Wales during his last visit will also get a UK release this year.
Some media quotes:
“Gritty and authentic” – The Telegraph
“Really, really special” – Ricky Ross, BBC Radio Scotland
“Powerful – excellent” (5 stars) – Country Music People
“Poetry is coursing through his veins” (5 stars) – Maverick magazine
Lynnie Carson is a singer-songwriter who hails from the rain drenched, former fishing town of Gourock, Scotland. Renowned for her live performances she has a voice reminiscent of her sheroes Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow, who she cites as some of her main influences along with Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, The Band, First Aid Kit & John Grant.
1 St Andrews in the Square, G1 5PP
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night
- Christmas Caroling
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- John Maclean Centenary March Glasgow
- Andy White, The Doublet
- Art Auction Fundraiser – Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Document Film Festival Glasgow 2018
- Chill Habibi! The Glad Cafe
- A Weakness for Raisins Ester Krumbachová exhibition CCA
- SQIFF 2018 Opening Night Shorts Glasgow Film Theatre
- CCA is having a party