Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
7 October, 2018
St Andrews in the Square
He picked up glowing 5-star reviews for his album, I Don’t Do This for Love, I Do This for Love – a CD that deservedly won him huge media exposure.
And, Nathan Bell ended 2017 on another high after being voted Male Performer of the Year in the Readers’ Poll at the influential AmericanaUK website.
He had made a rare visit to these shores earlier that year for his show with James McMurtry at Celtic Connections, and stunned a capacity crowd into hushed silence when he took the stage at Oran Mor.
Since returning to his home in Tennessee. Nathan has recorded a brand new album to be released here just before he returns and a ‘live’ album recorded in front of a sold-out crowd in Wales during his last visit will also get a UK release this year.
Some media quotes:
“Gritty and authentic” – The Telegraph
“Really, really special” – Ricky Ross, BBC Radio Scotland
“Powerful – excellent” (5 stars) – Country Music People
“Poetry is coursing through his veins” (5 stars) – Maverick magazine
Lynnie Carson is a singer-songwriter who hails from the rain drenched, former fishing town of Gourock, Scotland. Renowned for her live performances she has a voice reminiscent of her sheroes Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow, who she cites as some of her main influences along with Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, The Band, First Aid Kit & John Grant.
1 St Andrews in the Square, G1 5PP
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Tell It To The Bees
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union
- Lola in Slacks Single Launch at Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green
- Dave Arcari and Andres Roots
- Wassail Queens Park
- OK Fest – Kilmacolm’s Festival of Sound
- Waiting for Godot, Websters
- Pucinni’s La Bohème in Paisley
- Barras Food Truck Fest
- Stand in Solidarity with the Stansted 15
- The Wellgreen, Stilton and Big Hogg
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli