Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
7 October, 2018
St Andrews in the Square
He picked up glowing 5-star reviews for his album, I Don’t Do This for Love, I Do This for Love – a CD that deservedly won him huge media exposure.
And, Nathan Bell ended 2017 on another high after being voted Male Performer of the Year in the Readers’ Poll at the influential AmericanaUK website.
He had made a rare visit to these shores earlier that year for his show with James McMurtry at Celtic Connections, and stunned a capacity crowd into hushed silence when he took the stage at Oran Mor.
Since returning to his home in Tennessee. Nathan has recorded a brand new album to be released here just before he returns and a ‘live’ album recorded in front of a sold-out crowd in Wales during his last visit will also get a UK release this year.
Some media quotes:
“Gritty and authentic” – The Telegraph
“Really, really special” – Ricky Ross, BBC Radio Scotland
“Powerful – excellent” (5 stars) – Country Music People
“Poetry is coursing through his veins” (5 stars) – Maverick magazine
Lynnie Carson is a singer-songwriter who hails from the rain drenched, former fishing town of Gourock, Scotland. Renowned for her live performances she has a voice reminiscent of her sheroes Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow, who she cites as some of her main influences along with Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, The Band, First Aid Kit & John Grant.
1 St Andrews in the Square, G1 5PP
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- The Muse at St Louis – A Night of Justice
- The Duncan McCrone Band, Gartmore Village Hall
- Christine Bovill at OranMor
- Annual Charities Xmas Fayre Glasgow
- Christmas Festival at Riverside Museum Glasgow
- Vintage Bus Fayre Glasgow
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow
- Bearpit Brothers Album Preview, Tennents, Glasgow West End
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- The Gracious Losers Christmas Shindig Glasgow 2018
- Decolonising the Speculative: Journeys to African Futures – Africa in Motion 2018
- Teenage Fanclub, The Barrowland