My Life In London, ProjectAbility
12 January – 27 February, 2019
ProjectAbility is delighted to be hosting My Life in London by ActionSpace artists Thompson Hall and Ian Wornast as their first exhibition of 2019!
My Life in London is the culmination of a year of creative explorations by ActionSpace artists Thompson Hall and Ian Wornast, funded by an Unlimited Emerging Artist Commission.
Over 2017, Hall and Wornast spent time visiting landmarks, museums and galleries and researching the history of London. Bringing a wealth of information and inspiration back to the studio, they created a collection of paintings and drawings reflecting on their personal experiences of living in and moving around London in the 21st century.
Ian Wornast’s drawings detail the busy public transport system and the rapidly changing cityscape. He uses maps and the colours, graphic design and symbols as references to create patterns. The result is a detailed and colourful mapping of London as Ian experiences it.
Thompson Hall’s spontaneous and bright paintings blend his West African family ancestry and the great cultural institutions in London that inspire him and his work. His paintings are a portrait of his personal history and the architecture and landmarks that are important to him.
“This was a surprising and playful look at the geography and geometry of London, developed as a visual landscape… a welcome addition to the Unlimited catalogue that was both refreshing and light hearted whilst asking the audience to look at depictions of London in a very different way.” 509 arts, independent artistic assessment for Unlimited
12 January – 27 February
Reception and artist talk: 07 February, 20196pm-8pm
ProjectAbility, 105 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Aye Write – celebration of writing from community based literacy and creative writing learners
- Neil Oliver at Aye Write 2019 review by Mary Irvine
- Edwyn Collins at Monorail Music
- Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Let Me Entertain You, Fundraiser Kilbryde Hospice
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Frank Turner at Aye Write
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
- Launch of The Blame Game C.J. Cooke
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig
- Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
- Girl GFT
- Astro Black GSFF at CCA
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019