Musicians’ Union Women in Music, CCA Wed 8 March 2017
12noon, Free but ticketed, Clubroom
Book online / 0141 352 4900
On Wednesday 8 March 2017 people around the world will be celebrating the achievements of women while calling for greater equality in the name of International Women’s Day.
This year’s theme is #BeBoldForChange.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, the Musicians’ Union will host their annual Women in Music event.
Workshops, seminars and panel discussions:
12:00 – 13:00
Registration and Lunch
13:00 – 14:00
Get Your Music Synched
Everything you have ever wanted to know about synchronisation with award winning music supervisor Kle Savidge and Mick Cooke.
14:15 – 15:15
Composing for Games 101
Game music is now a lucrative industry of its own, ever wondered how to break into it? Then this seminar is for you. Join Award winning composer Katie Tarrant and composer, arranger, conductor and arts producer Luci Holland to find out how you go about it.
15:30 – 17:00
Social Media Masterclass
Vicky Pitchers from Arts PR presents a session on exploring the power of social media to connect with audiences, attract fans and promote your music.
18:00 – 19:00
In the evening, we welcome a panel of speakers discussing their unique perspectives on their experiences as women working in the music industry, the barriers faced and overcome and how we can move forward to ensure that being a women is no barrier to opportunities in the music industry at any level.
19:00 – 21:00
Drinks, canapes and a chance to network with people working across the music industry. Soundtracked by a DJ set from TYCI
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
Filed under: Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, International Womens Day 2017, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley
- Phoenix Flight Training Cumbernauld
- Glasgow Drum Circle – give a voucher for Christmas
- Wild Women Writing Course with Magi Gibson starts January 2018
- Eusebi Deli – Italian Beer and Food Pairing
- Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
- Indepen-dance, creative movement for people with disabilities and their carers
- Doc-Open. Launch at GFT, 2 November, 2017
- First Strings, Glasgow: Guitar Lessons for Children
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival (SQIFF) – Bridging the Gap, workshop CCA, 6 September, 2017
- Foraging Workshop, Napiershall Street Gardens, Saturday 12 August, 2017
- A New Byres Road: Public Consultation Design Events, August 2017
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop Frontiers in Retreat: Edge Effects, Glasgow, Thu 27 July – Sun 30 July 2017
- Upcycling – free demonstration, Oxfam Byres Road, 13 and 16 July, 2017
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2017 – call for programmers
- Artivism, STUC and Scottish Artists Union, The Space, Gallowgate, First Session 18 July, 2017
- How To Be Irreplaceable in the Automated Workplace, Training Course, STUC, 12 July,2017
- Yoga for Musicians: The Art of Listening with Outi Smith, Glasgow, 22 July, 2017