Musicians’ Union Women in Music, CCA Wed 8 March 2017
12noon, Free but ticketed, Clubroom
Book online / 0141 352 4900
On Wednesday 8 March 2017 people around the world will be celebrating the achievements of women while calling for greater equality in the name of International Women’s Day.
This year’s theme is #BeBoldForChange.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, the Musicians’ Union will host their annual Women in Music event.
Workshops, seminars and panel discussions:
12:00 – 13:00
Registration and Lunch
13:00 – 14:00
Get Your Music Synched
Everything you have ever wanted to know about synchronisation with award winning music supervisor Kle Savidge and Mick Cooke.
14:15 – 15:15
Composing for Games 101
Game music is now a lucrative industry of its own, ever wondered how to break into it? Then this seminar is for you. Join Award winning composer Katie Tarrant and composer, arranger, conductor and arts producer Luci Holland to find out how you go about it.
15:30 – 17:00
Social Media Masterclass
Vicky Pitchers from Arts PR presents a session on exploring the power of social media to connect with audiences, attract fans and promote your music.
18:00 – 19:00
In the evening, we welcome a panel of speakers discussing their unique perspectives on their experiences as women working in the music industry, the barriers faced and overcome and how we can move forward to ensure that being a women is no barrier to opportunities in the music industry at any level.
19:00 – 21:00
Drinks, canapes and a chance to network with people working across the music industry. Soundtracked by a DJ set from TYCI
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
Filed under: Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, International Womens Day 2017, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A