Musicians’ Union Women in Music, CCA Wed 8 March 2017
12noon, Free but ticketed, Clubroom
Book online / 0141 352 4900
On Wednesday 8 March 2017 people around the world will be celebrating the achievements of women while calling for greater equality in the name of International Women’s Day.
This year’s theme is #BeBoldForChange.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, the Musicians’ Union will host their annual Women in Music event.
Workshops, seminars and panel discussions:
12:00 – 13:00
Registration and Lunch
13:00 – 14:00
Get Your Music Synched
Everything you have ever wanted to know about synchronisation with award winning music supervisor Kle Savidge and Mick Cooke.
14:15 – 15:15
Composing for Games 101
Game music is now a lucrative industry of its own, ever wondered how to break into it? Then this seminar is for you. Join Award winning composer Katie Tarrant and composer, arranger, conductor and arts producer Luci Holland to find out how you go about it.
15:30 – 17:00
Social Media Masterclass
Vicky Pitchers from Arts PR presents a session on exploring the power of social media to connect with audiences, attract fans and promote your music.
18:00 – 19:00
In the evening, we welcome a panel of speakers discussing their unique perspectives on their experiences as women working in the music industry, the barriers faced and overcome and how we can move forward to ensure that being a women is no barrier to opportunities in the music industry at any level.
19:00 – 21:00
Drinks, canapes and a chance to network with people working across the music industry. Soundtracked by a DJ set from TYCI
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
Filed under: Classes and Workshops, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, International Womens Day 2017, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Minis Rugby Hillhead Sports Club
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Creative Writing Courses – University of Glasgow
- #Beactive Festival, George Square, Glasgow
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Glasgow Songwriting Festival
- Govanhill International Festival and Carnival 2018
- Film for family and local history, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Family Friendly Autism Workshop, Riverside Museum
- Getting Started with Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Indepen-dance Summer Shindig 2018
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- Into the Woods Collective, Art and Music Workshops, Children’s Wood
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA Glasgow
- Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley