Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
Enrolment Session, 24 March, 2019 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Music Broth – Scotland’s 1st Musical Instrument & Equipment Library has secured funding from the GCDT Youth Activity Grant to deliver an 8 week music programme for up to 30 young people aged 12 – 17 years. The programme will offer different music activities (i.e. guitar, ukulele, music production and recording, violin, keyboard/piano, singing and song appreciation, rapping, introduction to modular synthesis, percussion) and be available on an opt in basis. Music Broth will be working with lots of talented tutors and music organisations to make the experience as worthwhile as possible.
Young people will also be given the opportunity to gain a Dynamic Youth Award through their engagement with the programme. A showcase event will be organised to bring the young people, volunteers, families and tutors together to celebrate, and we will encourage attendees to do short performances alongside some local music talent to gain inspiration as well as present the young people with their Dynamic Youth Award. Alongside this project there will also be some drop-in sessions – TBC
To start the programme you are invited to enrol in the project on Sunday 24th March between 1pm – 4pm at Music Broth HQ. When there will be a celebration of Music For All’s Learn to Play Day with some free music taster lessons on offer.
Spread the word and make young people aware of this amazing opportunity!
Music Broth, Unit 7, Victoria Court Workspaces, 8 Hollybrook Street, Govanhill, G42 7HB
This section: Classes and Workshops, Community event, Courses, Kids and young people
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- East End Free Festival
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Multlingual Song at MILK Cafe Glasgow
- Partick Action Group, Litter Pickup
- Languages Short Courses Open Evening, University of Glasgow
- No Waste Dinner at Project Cafe
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Free Pride CCA
- Princess Mononoke at Studio Ghibli Season GFT
- Love to Learn Open Day Glasgow Clyde College
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Gypsy Music Short Course