Muriel Spark’s The Driver’s Seat: An evening of informal conversation
Thursday 2nd July, 2015
‘In The Driving Seat with Muriel Spark’
“Come and join us at the Tramway this Thursday, 2nd of July at 6pm to learn more about ‘The Driver’s Seat’ novel and Muriel Spark at our free pre show event “In The Driving Seat with Muriel Spark”.
Expect the unexpected.
Muriel Spark’s novel The Driver’s Seat breaks the rules of fiction as her readers follow her enigmatic characters into dark and unsettling scenarios.
Join us for an evening of informal conversation hosted by Gail Wylie, president of the Muriel Spark’s Society, and delve deeper into Spark’s startling imagination.
National Theatre of Scotland hosts this informal talk on 2 July at Tramway 4 at 6pm,coinciding with the opening in Glasgow of our critically acclaimed stage adaption, directed by National Theatre of Scotland Artistic Director, Laurie Sansom.
This talk will have a duration of 45 minutes.
Glasgow, G41 2PE
The Driver’s Seat will be at Glasgow Tramway from 2 – 4 July.
★★★★ Telegraph “stylised and psychologically intense”
★★★★ The List “an astonishing piece of theatre”
★★★★ The Herald of Scotland “An ice cool prime time thriller”
★★★★ The Scotsman “…disturbing, thought-provoking a superb piece of 21st century theatre.”
See full details the National Theatre of Scotland website at the link below.
One response to “Muriel Spark’s The Driver’s Seat: An evening of informal conversation”
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 208 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Aye Write! 2018 Celebration of writing from community-based literacy and creative learners
- Graeme Macrae Burnet Aye Write! 2018
- Poet JL Williams – Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Cinemaattic presents Psiconautas + Q&A at CCA, Glasgow
- Muriel Spark 100: Appointment in Arezzo, National Library, Edinburgh
- Aye Write! 2018 David Wardell and Finn the fabulous police dog 18 March, 2018
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- St Mungo Mirrorball Showcase, CCA, 1 February, 2018
- Aye Write! 2018 Alan Taylor, Candia McWilliam, Zoe Strachan Muriel Spark: A Centenary Celebration
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Aye Write! 2018 Stuart Cosgrove, Memphis 68
- Tune in to the story of Scotland’s Radio with Tony Currie at Glasgow Art Club
- Oxfam Bookshop Byres Road Book Group
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- Ruby Wax at Aye Write! 2018
- Creative Conversations, Sanjeev Kohli and Donald McLeary
- Tom Hubbard, Ten Slavonic Dances, Scottish Writers’ Centre