Muriel Barclay Solo Exhibition, The Lemond Gallery 12 – 20 March, 2016
12 – 20 March, 2016 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The Lemond Gallery
The gallery is delighted to welcome Muriel Barclay back for a fourth solo show of around 35 paintings.
One of Scotland’s most popular artists, Barclay likes to paint the female form with an emphasis on both physical form and the various light interactions with the flesh and fabric. Barclay likes to compose around movement and interesting lines, which together with modern references, help to build the character within her studies. Her backgrounds also tend to be abstract, which heightens the focus on her subjects.
This show represents an excellent and rare opportunity to see a significant body of her recent work.
The Lemond Gallery, 4 Thorn Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 4PP
Gallery open 11 – 5 daily.
The Lemond Gallery, established in 2000, specialises in contemporary Scottish fine art and has grown to represent the leading Scottish contemporary artists.
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019