Muriel Barclay Solo Exhibition, The Lemond Gallery 12 – 20 March, 2016
12 – 20 March, 2016 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The Lemond Gallery
The gallery is delighted to welcome Muriel Barclay back for a fourth solo show of around 35 paintings.
One of Scotland’s most popular artists, Barclay likes to paint the female form with an emphasis on both physical form and the various light interactions with the flesh and fabric. Barclay likes to compose around movement and interesting lines, which together with modern references, help to build the character within her studies. Her backgrounds also tend to be abstract, which heightens the focus on her subjects.
This show represents an excellent and rare opportunity to see a significant body of her recent work.
The Lemond Gallery, 4 Thorn Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 4PP
Gallery open 11 – 5 daily.
The Lemond Gallery, established in 2000, specialises in contemporary Scottish fine art and has grown to represent the leading Scottish contemporary artists.
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.