Muriel Barclay Solo Exhibition, The Lemond Gallery 12 – 20 March, 2016
12 – 20 March, 2016 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The Lemond Gallery
The gallery is delighted to welcome Muriel Barclay back for a fourth solo show of around 35 paintings.
One of Scotland’s most popular artists, Barclay likes to paint the female form with an emphasis on both physical form and the various light interactions with the flesh and fabric. Barclay likes to compose around movement and interesting lines, which together with modern references, help to build the character within her studies. Her backgrounds also tend to be abstract, which heightens the focus on her subjects.
This show represents an excellent and rare opportunity to see a significant body of her recent work.
The Lemond Gallery, 4 Thorn Road, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 4PP
Gallery open 11 – 5 daily.
The Lemond Gallery, established in 2000, specialises in contemporary Scottish fine art and has grown to represent the leading Scottish contemporary artists.
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow