Mr and Mr Laughton, A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor 29 February – 5 March, 2016.
Mr and Mrs Laughton
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 29 February, 2016 — Sat, 05 March, 2016
By Michael-Alan Read | Directed By Gethin Evans
Featuring Abigail McGibbon and Steven McNicoll
Produced in Association with the Sherman Cymru
Mr. and Mrs. Laughton, a seemingly charming yet candid window into one of the most famous Hollywood marriages of the 1930s. As famed character actor Charles Laughton prepares for his star turn as King Lear at the RSC, his wife, Elsa Lanchester invites us into their home, and into her memories of a thirty-three year marriage fraught with turbulence. Within her projections, and through the cinematic masterpieces they filmed together we see first hand the love that forms with acceptance rather than passion, and how sometimes that love is all we have to hold onto.
Michael-Alan Read was born in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania in 1985. After completing a BA in Theatrical Arts at Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida he moved to NYC, working in various productions nationally and touring the United States. He came to Glasgow to attend The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in 2011, and has remained in Scotland since. He has an extensive acting CV and served as the Artistic Director of Cardboard Fox Theatre Company from 2012-2015. His works include: Mr & Mrs Laughton, I’ll Keep the Light, and Denise.
08444 771 000
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Good Favour, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Closing Gala: Felipe Bustos Sierra’s Nae Pasaran
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2018 photographs and review by Pauline Keightley
- Generations Working Together, Conference, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- Sound and Vision Strand, Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- The Valley of Shadows, GFT
- 4 at GFT
- Young Films Foundation, CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Catch Some Amazing Guests
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Dave Arcari, Hug and Pint, Glasgow Saturday 3 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Unexploded Ordnances, The Platform, Glasgow 26 May, 2018
- Fright Fest at Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- GFF 2018 Kinning Park Carnival: Bride and Prejudice, Kinning Park Complex
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018