Mr and Mr Laughton, A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor 29 February – 5 March, 2016.
Mr and Mrs Laughton
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 29 February, 2016 — Sat, 05 March, 2016
By Michael-Alan Read | Directed By Gethin Evans
Featuring Abigail McGibbon and Steven McNicoll
Produced in Association with the Sherman Cymru
Mr. and Mrs. Laughton, a seemingly charming yet candid window into one of the most famous Hollywood marriages of the 1930s. As famed character actor Charles Laughton prepares for his star turn as King Lear at the RSC, his wife, Elsa Lanchester invites us into their home, and into her memories of a thirty-three year marriage fraught with turbulence. Within her projections, and through the cinematic masterpieces they filmed together we see first hand the love that forms with acceptance rather than passion, and how sometimes that love is all we have to hold onto.
Michael-Alan Read was born in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania in 1985. After completing a BA in Theatrical Arts at Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida he moved to NYC, working in various productions nationally and touring the United States. He came to Glasgow to attend The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in 2011, and has remained in Scotland since. He has an extensive acting CV and served as the Artistic Director of Cardboard Fox Theatre Company from 2012-2015. His works include: Mr & Mrs Laughton, I’ll Keep the Light, and Denise.
08444 771 000
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, Partick
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT