Moving Pictures, Play, Pie Pint, OranMor 21 November – 26 November, 2016
A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 21 November, 2016 — Sat, 26 November, 2016
By Philip Differ | Directed By Ron Bain
Produced in Association with Aberdeen Performing Arts.
Featuring Matt Costello, Anne Kidd and Billy McBain.
Zulu, Where Eagles Dare, The Alamo, Spartacus. Can trips to the local picture house fifty years ago still be having an influence today? When charged with the task of emptying all the ‘rubbish’ from a dilapidated cinema projection room, a film fan finds himself caught up in a series of movie homages that threaten his sanity and more importantly his pay packet.
Philip Differ has been creating comedy for television, radio and theatre for over thirty years. Starting off as a writer, he has gone on to produce and direct some of Scotland’s most popular shows including Only an Excuse? Scotch and Wry and Watson’s Wind Up. For the past decade he has combined his media work with stand-up comedy recently completing his first ever tour of Scotland. ‘Moving Pictures’ is his fourth produced play following on from ‘Who’s Afraid of the Big Bar-L?’, ‘MacBraveheart’ and the hugely successful ‘Rikki and Me’ which he co-wrote with Tony Roper.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000Buy tickets at TicketWeb
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- My 20th Century Glasgow Film Theatre