Moving Pictures, Play, Pie Pint, OranMor 21 November – 26 November, 2016
A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 21 November, 2016 — Sat, 26 November, 2016
By Philip Differ | Directed By Ron Bain
Produced in Association with Aberdeen Performing Arts.
Featuring Matt Costello, Anne Kidd and Billy McBain.
Zulu, Where Eagles Dare, The Alamo, Spartacus. Can trips to the local picture house fifty years ago still be having an influence today? When charged with the task of emptying all the ‘rubbish’ from a dilapidated cinema projection room, a film fan finds himself caught up in a series of movie homages that threaten his sanity and more importantly his pay packet.
Philip Differ has been creating comedy for television, radio and theatre for over thirty years. Starting off as a writer, he has gone on to produce and direct some of Scotland’s most popular shows including Only an Excuse? Scotch and Wry and Watson’s Wind Up. For the past decade he has combined his media work with stand-up comedy recently completing his first ever tour of Scotland. ‘Moving Pictures’ is his fourth produced play following on from ‘Who’s Afraid of the Big Bar-L?’, ‘MacBraveheart’ and the hugely successful ‘Rikki and Me’ which he co-wrote with Tony Roper.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000Buy tickets at TicketWeb
- Glasgow May Day March and Rally 6 May, 2018
- Memento, GFT
- Selected 8 New film & video from across the UK, CCA
- The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, GFT
- Grease, GFT
- An Unashamed Claim to Visibility: films about queerness + dis/ability, CCA
- Cool Hand Luke, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Custody, Winner of GFF18 Audience Award at GFT
- Western, GFT
- A Gentle Creature, GFT
- Funny Cow at GFT
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Call for Young Programmers for 10th Anniversary of Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Love, Simon GFT
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age