Motherhood Loss and Legacy, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
Tuesday 13 November, 2018 with Jan Bee Brown
3 p.m. – 5 p.m. No need to book – just drop in.
Join artist and storyteller Jan Bee Brown for an afternoon exploring experiences of women during the time of the First World War, through stories, songs, and textiles. Discover some of the personal stories from the National Library of Scotland’s archives, and hear more about the ‘Motherhood and Loss’ project, taking place across the UK this year. From Falkirk to Gretna, from Leith to Liverpool, Jan has helped communities tell the stories of their local heroes and heroines and how they helped Scotland play its part in the First World War.
Bring your own stories, photographs, and family memories to share.
Kelvin Hall 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Further events ‘Remembering the Great War at Kelvin Hall‘
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018