Miss Smith the Fund Raiser Mon, Sept 14, 2015 at Gilmorehill Theatre
Miss Smith the Fund Raiser
Monday, September 14, 2015 at Gilmorehill Theatre
Bringing the cast and crew of Miss Smith Show together for this amazing fundraising event in support of the women whose story inspired Rachel Jury to write this incredible script.
Anne-Marie Smith, anti poverty campaigner, has fought for years to support folk in difficulty. This year things have changed dramatically for our very own Miss Smith. Early in May Anne-Marie’s daughter, Aislin, became very unwell and was rushed to hospital from a school trip to the ice rink. It soon became apparent that something else was at play. Aislin, who had just turned thirteen was put on full like support and diagnosed with Encephalitis ( swelling of the brain ). She was critically sick and Anne-Marie and family were told to prepare for the worst. Aislin remained in a coma for some time. She was awoke but was still very ill and was placed in a medical coma. Aislin spent 11 weeks (77 days) in hospital and defied all the odds. Aislin survived, fought back and has now started her big journey towards recovery.
Aislin is wonderful, bright, beautiful and very good fun but she has a long fight ahead of her and struggles with her memory. We are creating new memories and doing all we can to lighten the load and bring sunshine into Aislin and get loved ones lives.
‘We will be performing a special version of Miss Smith to support Aislin and family and to raise awareness of Encephalitis. Please join us and enjoy a night of music , fun, awareness and anti poverty campaigning.
Many of the original cast will perform and we will have a live band.’
Show starts at 7:30 and lasts approx 1hr 30mins.
Miss Smith is written, produced and directed by Rachel Jury
The Score written by Andrew Cruikshank
Choreographed by Susan Elena.
Monday 14th September 2015
9 University Ave
Glasgow G12 8QQ
Tickets are £10.00
Pay on the night but spaces are limited.
Contact Kim Mackie with your booking – stating how many tickets you require at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to presenting this fantastic work in support of our friend Anne-Marie and her daughter.
One response to “Miss Smith the Fund Raiser Mon, Sept 14, 2015 at Gilmorehill Theatre”
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- The Big Sunday, West End Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival Not Without Us, CCA
- West End Festival – What a Start
- Light up Gaza, Glasgow
- Light Up Gaza, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Museum of the Moon, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- LusoFilm The Invisible Life, CCA
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- West End Festival Summer Programme 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- The Great Get Together at The Hidden Lane