Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
Glasgow Stories of Integration
Mon 12 March 2018
Photography workshops and final exhibition with the artwork of the participants exploring experiences of integration.
A panel of photographers will guide participants through the process to develop and exhibit their stories to maximum impact.
The Training Process: During 9 sessions, participants will be trained on creative
expression through photography as well as technical, practical photography skills, storytelling, creative writing and how to use words and images together to create a powerful messages in a compelling way.
Discussions will be facilitated around experiences of integration, sense of belonging, the impact of hate crime and impact of the negative debate on migration on community cohesion.
The project culminates with an exhibit of the participants artwork.
Final exhibition with under the title Changing Lenses: Glasgow Stories Of Integration.
The workshops will run for every Monday 6-8pm for a total of 9 sessions from Mon. 29th Jan 2018 and will bring together migrants and non-migrants
The project is free of charge, but participants must attend all workshops.
Migrant Voice project led by Amparo Fortuny. Please email email@example.com if you would like to register or for more information.
Migrant Voice is a migrant-led organisation established to develop the skills, capacity and confidence of members of migrant communities. We work to amplify migrant voices and secure representation in the media and public life.
The project is funded by The Big Lottery Awards for All Scotland
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree
- Mug GFT
- The Old Man and The Gun GFT
- Sorry To Bother You GFT