Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
Glasgow Stories of Integration
Mon 12 March 2018
Photography workshops and final exhibition with the artwork of the participants exploring experiences of integration.
A panel of photographers will guide participants through the process to develop and exhibit their stories to maximum impact.
The Training Process: During 9 sessions, participants will be trained on creative
expression through photography as well as technical, practical photography skills, storytelling, creative writing and how to use words and images together to create a powerful messages in a compelling way.
Discussions will be facilitated around experiences of integration, sense of belonging, the impact of hate crime and impact of the negative debate on migration on community cohesion.
The project culminates with an exhibit of the participants artwork.
Final exhibition with under the title Changing Lenses: Glasgow Stories Of Integration.
The workshops will run for every Monday 6-8pm for a total of 9 sessions from Mon. 29th Jan 2018 and will bring together migrants and non-migrants
The project is free of charge, but participants must attend all workshops.
Migrant Voice project led by Amparo Fortuny. Please email email@example.com if you would like to register or for more information.
Migrant Voice is a migrant-led organisation established to develop the skills, capacity and confidence of members of migrant communities. We work to amplify migrant voices and secure representation in the media and public life.
The project is funded by The Big Lottery Awards for All Scotland
- Indepen-dance Summer Shindig 2018
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- Into the Woods Collective, Art and Music Workshops, Children’s Wood
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA Glasgow
- Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley
- Glasgow Drum Circle – give a voucher for Christmas
- Wild Women Writing Course with Magi Gibson starts January 2018
- Eusebi Deli – Italian Beer and Food Pairing
- Revisiting the Antonine Wall, Community Consultation from 7 November, 2017
- Indepen-dance, creative movement for people with disabilities and their carers
- Doc-Open. Launch at GFT, 2 November, 2017
- First Strings, Glasgow: Guitar Lessons for Children
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival (SQIFF) – Bridging the Gap, workshop CCA, 6 September, 2017
- Foraging Workshop, Napiershall Street Gardens, Saturday 12 August, 2017
- A New Byres Road: Public Consultation Design Events, August 2017