Mick Hargan/Cammy Black/Up In Smoke/Mari Green/Sean Gaffney/Danny Livingston, The Glad Cafe, 16 October, 2015
Friday, October 16 at 7:00pm
The Glad Cafe
Please note: Admittance to this show is only guaranteed if you order Your ticket at mickhargan.bigcartel.com SEATED
show. Limited Capacity
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 2HG
Sincere lyrics countered with nice and nasty vocals make Glaswegian singer-songwriter Mick Hargan a mesmerizing force to be held during his live performances. No two shows are ever the same–drawing on inspiration from artists and bands like, The Gaslight Anthem, Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, White Buffalo, and The Frames–Hargan’s charismatic lure really takes a hold of his audience.
“Mick’s a man after my own heart…uncompromising hard graft, no shit and relying on no-one but himself to make things happen.” Dave Arcari
Over the past years, Mick has been touring the UK, Ireland, and Europe and has made several trips over to North America on a wave of invitations from organizations and bands who have recognized his talents following the release of his impressive debut album, Conversations between Us.
His touring has also included sold-out dates in Scotland, Ireland, and New York City; including Webster Hall, RockWood City Music Hall, The Scratcher, The Living Room, Sin-é, The National Underground, and Ceol.
Furthermore, he has received international invitations to headline shows at festivals such as the prestigious Celtic Connections Festival in Glasgow, The Film Fleadh Foundation (Craic festival) in New York, and select others in Reykjavik, Iceland.
On his home soil, he has performed at a multitude of UK and Irish festivals, even playing at the infamous King Tuts, three times in one week.
Recently he has garnered much attention for his popular stage presence at The Hope Over Fear Concerts, in Glasgow’s famous George Square, promoting Scottish Independence in front of more than 12,000 people. He has been asked to perform again on September 19th 2015.
Mick has had the honor and pleasure of sharing the stage with Oscar winner Glen Hansard, The Barenaked Ladies, Ken Stringfellow, The Coronas. Midge Ure, Damien Dempsey, Dave Arcari. Mundy, Mark Geary, Paul Kelly, Imogen Heap, Joseph Arthur, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Jeff Klein, Nerina Pallot, Laura Veirs, Panic Anchor, Roy Zephyr, Mary Lee’s Corvette, Ed Romanoff, and Missy Higgins to name drop a few.
Celebrated locally, his music has plucked the heart strings of a now more global audience and has been included on the soundtracks for numerous films including American independents ‘Descansos’ and ‘Endless Flight”. Mick has even recently signed a licensing deal with Chicago based GoDIY.
In addition to his musical talents, Mick also books shows for international artists touring–working in the past closely with Tommy Merrill (formerly chief music buyer at Rockwood Music and The Press House).
With the creation of his own music club, he also hosts weekly showcases he designed for up and coming artists of any genre in various venues in Glasgow. This includes his highly talked of and successful all ages showcase at Jayz Bar and Restaurant. With acts as young as 8 years old, he draws from his own experiences to help the young-ins build their confidence and perform in an environment without Cliques. This has been his true focus for many years, and the main explanation for the lack of a follow up to his first album.
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Gina Chavez, The Doublet, Sounds in the Suburbs
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Songbird – Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- Take A Walk On The Weill Side, West End Festival 2018
- Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall September, 2018
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- PCL presents Jerron ‘Blind Boy’ Paxton, CCA
- Fiesta x Fold Festival, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow 2018
- The Luthiers Concert, West End Festival
- Heidi Talbot and John McCusker at Cottiers
- Kittlin at Tchai Ovna
- The Electrics, 30 Anniversary, The Bungalow, Paisley
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow
- Tir na nOg, Cottiers Theatre
- The Carlton 3 at Tchai Ovna House of Tea, Glasgow