Mick Hargan/Cammy Black/Up In Smoke/Mari Green/Sean Gaffney/Danny Livingston, The Glad Cafe, 16 October, 2015
Friday, October 16 at 7:00pm
The Glad Cafe
Please note: Admittance to this show is only guaranteed if you order Your ticket at mickhargan.bigcartel.com SEATED
show. Limited Capacity
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 2HG
Sincere lyrics countered with nice and nasty vocals make Glaswegian singer-songwriter Mick Hargan a mesmerizing force to be held during his live performances. No two shows are ever the same–drawing on inspiration from artists and bands like, The Gaslight Anthem, Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, White Buffalo, and The Frames–Hargan’s charismatic lure really takes a hold of his audience.
“Mick’s a man after my own heart…uncompromising hard graft, no shit and relying on no-one but himself to make things happen.” Dave Arcari
Over the past years, Mick has been touring the UK, Ireland, and Europe and has made several trips over to North America on a wave of invitations from organizations and bands who have recognized his talents following the release of his impressive debut album, Conversations between Us.
His touring has also included sold-out dates in Scotland, Ireland, and New York City; including Webster Hall, RockWood City Music Hall, The Scratcher, The Living Room, Sin-é, The National Underground, and Ceol.
Furthermore, he has received international invitations to headline shows at festivals such as the prestigious Celtic Connections Festival in Glasgow, The Film Fleadh Foundation (Craic festival) in New York, and select others in Reykjavik, Iceland.
On his home soil, he has performed at a multitude of UK and Irish festivals, even playing at the infamous King Tuts, three times in one week.
Recently he has garnered much attention for his popular stage presence at The Hope Over Fear Concerts, in Glasgow’s famous George Square, promoting Scottish Independence in front of more than 12,000 people. He has been asked to perform again on September 19th 2015.
Mick has had the honor and pleasure of sharing the stage with Oscar winner Glen Hansard, The Barenaked Ladies, Ken Stringfellow, The Coronas. Midge Ure, Damien Dempsey, Dave Arcari. Mundy, Mark Geary, Paul Kelly, Imogen Heap, Joseph Arthur, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Jeff Klein, Nerina Pallot, Laura Veirs, Panic Anchor, Roy Zephyr, Mary Lee’s Corvette, Ed Romanoff, and Missy Higgins to name drop a few.
Celebrated locally, his music has plucked the heart strings of a now more global audience and has been included on the soundtracks for numerous films including American independents ‘Descansos’ and ‘Endless Flight”. Mick has even recently signed a licensing deal with Chicago based GoDIY.
In addition to his musical talents, Mick also books shows for international artists touring–working in the past closely with Tommy Merrill (formerly chief music buyer at Rockwood Music and The Press House).
With the creation of his own music club, he also hosts weekly showcases he designed for up and coming artists of any genre in various venues in Glasgow. This includes his highly talked of and successful all ages showcase at Jayz Bar and Restaurant. With acts as young as 8 years old, he draws from his own experiences to help the young-ins build their confidence and perform in an environment without Cliques. This has been his true focus for many years, and the main explanation for the lack of a follow up to his first album.
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- The Blue Arrow Club – New Home of Jazz in Glasgow
- The Shires, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Paul young with Los Pacaminos, The Venue, OranMor, Glasgow
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Seven Song Club The Wellgreen / Secret Goldfish / Cara Rose, The Tron
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Lisa Kowalski at King Tut’s
- The Primevals, The Reverse Cowgirls and The Kundalini Genie, Seven Song Club
- Lola in Slacks + special guests, CCA
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- The Skids and From The Jam Kelvingrove Bandstand 17 June, 2018
- Dona Oxford, OranMor, Glasgow 16 February, 2018
- Celtic Connections 2018 – Highlights from Scots Whay Hae!
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End